PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Cardinals

Gary
01-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Whoever writes about this team is a little off. The Arizona Cardinals are NOT high on Max Hall. It's highly doubtful the team will keep him, considering how poorly he played in his few games as starter. Secondly, it is unlikely the team drafts a quarterback in the first round. They will wait a round or two or three before selecting a QB, instead opting for Vince Young, Culpepper or other veteran to go along with a later draft pick at the QB position.

roscoesdad27
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
No mention of skelton? I think they will go after a vet q.b. too, young would be great. What do u suggest at pick 5?

Morton
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't know why anybody would be high on Max Hall. Let me repeat that: you'd have to be high to like Max Hall.

He's a midget who doesn't even belong on an NFL field unless he was the waterboy.

Gary
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
No mention of skelton? I think they will go after a vet q.b. too, young would be great. What do u suggest at pick 5?

There is a CB, (I think) from Georgia that is highly rated and thought to be available when the Cards pick. Considering the NFL is a passing league that would not be a bad pick. Otherwise, a top lineman or DE is ok. While they need a QB obviously, the Cards need help at many positions like so many teams.

Morton
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
The Cardinals would be smart to take Patrick Peterson or Robert Quinn with their first round pick, based on what area of the defense they feel needs the most improvement (Pass rush or coverage), and they would be smart to trade, say, a second round pick for a guy like Kevin Kolb, or settle for a veteran QB such as McNabb in free agency.

wordofi
01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
The Cardinals would be smart to take Patrick Peterson or Robert Quinn with their first round pick, based on what area of the defense they feel needs the most improvement (Pass rush or coverage), and they would be smart to trade, say, a second round pick for a guy like Kevin Kolb, or settle for a veteran QB such as McNabb in free agency.

If they get a guy like McNabb, I think they could easily be a playoff team. However, they'll get eliminated in the first round because the NFC West sucks.

SolidGold
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM
The Cards have several holes to fill...I am not sure how many picks they have in this draft. They need o-line, secondary, LB, QB and RB help. This draft seems to be loaded upfront with Defensive players.

I think Whisenhunt will let Skelton get a shot at the job but they will also bring in a Free agent QB. I do not think they will draft a QB with their first pick but will get one fairly early. I think this draft has some pretty good QB depth, alot of QBs I would pick starting in the mid first round but none warranting the 5th pick in the draft. I could see them looking at Devlin in the second round or Ponder/Stanzi in the third.

wordofi
01-07-2011, 09:35 AM
The Cards have several holes to fill...I am not sure how many picks they have in this draft. They need o-line, secondary, LB, QB and RB help. This draft seems to be loaded upfront with Defensive players.

I think Whisenhunt will let Skelton get a shot at the job but they will also bring in a Free agent QB. I do not think they will draft a QB with their first pick but will get one fairly early. I think this draft has some pretty good QB depth, alot of QBs I would pick starting in the mid first round but none warranting the 5th pick in the draft. I could see them looking at Devlin in the second round or Ponder/Stanzi in the third.

Their offensive line has never been that good. Deuce Lutui is the biggest embarrassment on their offensive line. He came in at 396 last year, and he wanted his contract extended. The Cardinals only wanted him at 330.

If they don't want a quarterback at five, I think that means they don't have any faith any of the quarterbacks available. Maybe I'm wrong, and they'll trade down.

JPP90
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I've said this before...think about it for a second, actually put some thought in. You're Arizona and want to keep Fitzgerald. What sense does it make to pick up another stop-gap QB rather than getting him a young QB that he can develop a rapport with now for the remainder of his career. Take an older guy like McNabb or Culpepper and you'll just find yourself in the same position in a year or 2. Needing to convince Fitz to stay around and not become a distraction, Id argue no team needs a young franchise QB more than Arizona.

Babylon
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I've said this before...think about it for a second, actually put some thought in. You're Arizona and want to keep Fitzgerald. What sense does it make to pick up another stop-gap QB rather than getting him a young QB that he can develop a rapport with now for the remainder of his career. Take an older guy like McNabb or Culpepper and you'll just find yourself in the same position in a year or 2. Needing to convince Fitz to stay around and not become a distraction, Id argue no team needs a young franchise QB more than Arizona.

Keep it down, Seattle doesnt need the whole world grabbing QBs in front of them.