PDA

View Full Version : Sickwithit1010's 1st mock of the year 1-8-11

SickwithIt1010
01-08-2011, 09:45 PM
1st mock of the year, Luck not coming out shakes things up a bit. Gimme your thoughts and let me know likes/dislikes.

1.Carolina Panthers – Nick Fairley DT Auburn- Their hearts are broken with Luck staying in school, but Fairley isn’t a bad fallback. They can use help on the defensive line and Fairley will most certainly bring it. He is a disruptive force in the middle.

2. Denver Broncos – Patrick Peterson CB LSU- Denver brings back the sack artist Elvis Dumerville next year after missing this season with a torn pectorial and will need some help in the secondary. PP has the ability to put any receiever on lockdown.

3. Buffalo Bills – Cam Newton QB Auburn- Cam Newton has has a season full of hype and he has all tools to be a great QB at the next level. He will have to adjust to working from under center and in a pro style offense, but he most certainly does have the tools and the intangibles to be a star.

4. Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. Green WR UGA- The Bengals will likely be losing TO and Ocho this off-season, and that will open up a glaring hole. A.J. Green is my highest rated WR prospect since Calvin came out. He has been dominating the SEC since his freshman season, and he will continue to be a problem for opposing CB’s in the NFL.

5. Arizona Cardinals – Ryan Mallett QB Ark- We saw from the Cards this year, just how valuable Warner was to them. They went from being a super bowl contender to the bottom of the league in one off-season. Mallett has some of the best tools and size I have ever seen in a QB, and comes from a pass happy pro style offense. His footwork will need a lot of work, but can be fixed with the right work ethic.

6. Cleveland Browns – Marcel Dareus DE/DT Bama- The Browns are a team that I feel have a bright future. They could use some help in the front 7 and who could help more than this guy. Can be a force in the middle at DT or out at End like he has played at Bama.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Blaine Gabbert QB Mizzou- The Harbaugh show has come to town, and I think they have all the pieces to be a play-off caliber team except for the QB position. Gabbert will shoot up draft boards this off season, and Harbaugh will be ok with not getting his boy from Stanford.

8. Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker QB UW- The titans have finally parted ways with VY, which is for the best. I don’t think he was the guy to get them to the top. Fisher will want to get himself a QB of the future, and while Locker’s stock has fallen a little since last year, he will bring it up with the combine workouts and the senior bowl.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Prince Amukamara CB Neb- The cowgirls are happy to get one of the big 2 corners in this draft. Prince is a very physical corner and one helluva playmaker who can take away one half of the field on any given night.

10. Washington Redskins – Julio Jones WR Bama- The Redskins have a lot of needs and an elite WR is a big one. Julio Jones finally lived up to all the hype that he had coming into college this season, and I can see him being a solid WR in this league for many years to come.

11. Houston Texans – Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson- I expect Wade Phillips will run many multiple sets this year to get the best out of all the players that he has this season including Super Mario. Bowers would be a nightmare to block on the opposite side, and will drive opposing OC’s crazy.

12. Minnesota Vikings – Janoris Jenkins CB UF- They miss out on the stud QB’s of this draft which will hurt, unless they pick one up in FA. They need some help in the secondary and Janoris Jenkins is a playmaker who can make an impact right away.

13. Detroit Lions – Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA- The Lions have made one heck of a turnaround this season and are a team on the rise. Akeem Ayers can help with the front 7, and brings some versatility to the team. He can line up outside or move inside if needed.

14. St. Louis Rams – Justin Blackmon WR Ok St- Like the Lions the Rams have made a huge leap this year and are another team to watch out for in the years to come. They have some great young talent on the offensive side of the ball, but they need a big time receiver. Justin Blackmon is the definition of consistent and will bring the Rams exactly what they need.

15. Miami Dolphins – Mark Ingram RB Bama- The dolphins are also in the market for a QB this year, but they will miss out as well. They will likely be losing one of their RB’s this season and will need to replace em. Even with a down year after his Heisman campaign Mark Ingram is by far the best RB prospect in this class and has drawn comparisons to Emmet Smith as a prospect.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Robert Quinn DE UNC- The Jags have a few needs but I think they can benefit greatly with another pass rusher on the other side of a healthy Aaron Kampman. Quinn didn’t play this season but may arguably be the best pass rusher in this class, and his potential is scary.

17. New England Patriots (from OAK) – Cameron Heyward DE OSU- Cameron Heyward screams Pats to me. He is a player that I felt would be a top 10 player last year had he came out, but decided to come back for an opportunity to play for an NC. He dominated the sugar bowl and erased any doubts people might have about him.

18. San Diego Chargers - Cameron Jordan DE CAL- The Chargers are a very disappointing team to me, they should be much better. They have been let down by the play of Louis Castillo the last couple years and could use a replacement.

19. New York Giants – Von Miller OLB Tex A&M- Likely going to lose Mathias Kiwanuka this off-season and you know how the Giants love to bring pressure. I think Von Miller is one of the best pass rushers in this draft and is athletic enough to play the SAM in the 4-3.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – JJ Watt DE Wisconsin- The bucs are another team who have made huge improvements this season. They cemented the inside of their DL last year but can still use a big time pass rusher. Watt has a big time motor and is relentless in getting to the QB.

21. New Orleans Saints - Bruce Carter, OLB UNC- The saints are mainly filled with needs on the defensive side of the ball. Bruce Carter is an extremely athletic OLB and could bring an immediate impact.

22. Indianapolis Colts – Tyron Smith OT USC- You saw this year just how bad the Colts O-line was and you saw Peyton struggle due to that. Tyron Smith might have the most upside of any OT in this draft. He has manned the right side at USC but has the footwork and the pass protection to play the left side in the NFL. He needs to bulk up, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

23. Green Bay Packers - Brandon Harris CB Miami- The packers aren’t getting any younger in their secondary and will need replacements for Al Harris and Charles Woodsen very soon. Brandon Harris brings his talents in from the U.

24. Kansas City Chiefs - Justin Houston, DE/OLB UGA – The Cheifs are on the rise and could use some help in their 3-4 defense. They could use a pass rusher and Houston brings just that, coming from the 3-4 he played in Georgia.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Adrian Clayborn DE/DT Iowa- The Seahawks are worse than where they are picking, which hurts them due to all the needs that they have. Adrian Clayborn fits the mold of DE’s that Pete Carroll likes and can be moved inside if needed.

26. New York Jets –Allen Bailey DT/DE Miami- We all know that the Jets like to draft defense, defense, defense and they love to find pieces in that 3-4. Allen Bailey is a guy who can be a great 3-4 end, and can be disruptive.

27. Baltimore Ravens – Aaron Williams CB UT- The ravens take pride in their defense and don’t usually have many needs on that side, but they need a playmaking corner to go along with Ed Reed back there. Aaron Williams will bring it.

28. Chicago Bears - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin- Jay Cutler struggles with pressure, and tends to throw a lot of INT’s due to it. A big time OT would help with that and that’s what Carimi is. He is a big mauler and will bring a big impact in the run game as well.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers – Nate Solder OT Colorado- The Steelers need some help on the O-line as well, they aren’t getting much younger. Solder didn’t receive Heisman votes this season for nothing, great in the run game and only gave up 1 sack all season.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue- The Falcons are solid all the way around and don’t have any glaring needs. John Abraham is an elite pass rusher but isn’t getting any younger and Anderson has been a disappointment. Kerrigan has a big time motor and can help a great deal.

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Stefen Wisniewski OG Penn St- The eagles need some help on the offensive line, and a big time guard like Wisniewski will do great deals in the run game as well as in protection.

32. New England Patriots – Marcus Cannon OT/OG TCU- The Pats could use a big time Offensive lineman and potential replacement for Mankins, I think Cannon is capable of playing Tackle or Guard.

Menardo75
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Not crazy about the qb class but Gabbert is the best option of all of them.

Bengals78
01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Perfect pick in that situation

bullg8rdaddy
01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
I like J.J. Watt.

jrdrylie
01-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I love the Jags pick. That would be great if he fell that far. As for the Bears pick, if Derek Sherrod is still there, he has to be the pick. He is the best blocker in this draft.

Bengals78
01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I like J.J. Watt.

You just got a top 5 defense.

49erNation85
01-08-2011, 10:55 PM
NO NO NO NO AND NO !Horrible choice for the 49ers Gabber < Locker big time .Specially since he drafts one pick later .

Nalej
01-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Me likey Pats mock

SickwithIt1010
01-08-2011, 11:29 PM
NO NO NO NO AND NO !Horrible choice for the 49ers Gabber < Locker big time .Specially since he drafts one pick later .

Horrible? you and Menardo better talk this over i guess.

T-RICH49
01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
solid KC pick

thebow305
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Ingram is a great pick for the Phins with all the Qb's off the board.

Master Exploder
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
If Kerrigan fell to the Falcons at 32, I would be ecstatic. He's my number 1 choice this season, but I don't think there's a chance that he'll make it that far. Who knows though, with Aldon Smith declaring, I would assume it's more likely now, but I noticed you didn't mock Aldon Smith in the first round.

proshoota25
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM
pretty good patriots mock. you def got the positions down, i just think mike pouncey would be a much better fit than cannon

Master Exploder
01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
pretty good patriots mock. you def got the positions down, i just think mike pouncey would be a much better fit than cannon

I think Cannon is a much better prospect than Mike Pouncey. I don't see Pouncey making it into the 1st and the only way I really see him making it into the 2nd is based off of his name. He's not that great, Marcus Cannon is a much better prospect imo.

proshoota25
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
I think Cannon is a much better prospect than Mike Pouncey. I don't see Pouncey making it into the 1st and the only way I really see him making it into the 2nd is based off of his name. He's not that great, Marcus Cannon is a much better prospect imo.

i think what your forgetting is the fit brotha. pouncey is very athletic, and pull off the line in various sets of plays and sets in our offense. i cant see cannon doing any of that. plus BB loves florida players. he is a fringe 1st/2nd prospect imo

Matthew Jones
01-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Heyward is a good pick for New England, but they won't look for a guard early in my opinion. Logan Mankins will probably be tagged if anything, and Dan Connolly has played extremely well this year. Stephen Neal is good for a handful of quality starts if needed (although he has said that next year is his final year [unless he decides to retire this offseason]), and Belichick seems to like Ryan Wendell a lot too.

GatorsBullsFan
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Robert-Quinn-apologizes-to-North-Carolina.html

Reason why Jags wont take Robert Quinn. Jags would take any of the 5 guys taken after Robert Quinn in your mock draft over Quinn.

Only UNC guy Gene will probably even talk to is Bruce Carter

bored of education
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Love the pick of Houston to KC.

prock
01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
As much as this situation would suck for the Vikes, that is the best pick there.

Go_Eagles77
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
If you go OL there, Cannon would be the better choice.

PTPaQ
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Good job on the Mock and good read. As a Packer fan the Brandon Harris pick does make sense but I am personally not a fan of his. It is a good pick from a need/value standpoint however. If I had a choice there using your players available at our pick I would go Derek Sherrod with no hesitation, throw consideration at Houston, Kerrigan, Carimi.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Give the Bears Sherrod or Solder.