PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs need a big play WR...

ChiefMojo
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
The biggest glaring weakness for the Chiefs is the lack of a big play WR. Bowe, McCluster and Moeaki are a good foundation for success, but the Chiefs don't have that big time play making WR opposite of Bowe to the outside.

The last few weeks have showed that and the Chiefs likely need to address that in the first round. Outside of a big play WR, what else are the Chiefs in dire need of? NT???

ChiFan24
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
A QB.

*Ducks*

ChiefMojo
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
If you watch any of the Chiefs game outside of today, you would notice Cassel isn't the problem. The lack of any WR getting open is the major issue.

Prowler
01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I would say another OLB since Vrabel will be 36 and the fact that he has 0 sacks says to me that they could use someone else on the other side of Hali. I don't watch a lot of Chiefs football though.

ChiefMojo
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
The Chiefs have Andy Studebaker that plays half of Vrabel's snaps and he is a decent pass rusher, but I do agree that is one position that could be addressed very early. For sure with this draft class being very good with 3-4 OLB.

nepg
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
They need a slot receiver and another outside option. Cassel really doesn't have anyone to throw to. If you take away Bowe and Moeaki, the Chiefs don't have any receivers. They might have their slot guy if Kevin Curtis sticks around, but they need another outside option.

DaBrowns41
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I have them taking Justin Blackmon in my 3 round mock. I agree that they need another big play guy. Bowe can make plays, but if he's shut down, they have to go to rely on the run game to make plays.

ChiefMojo
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
One would assume KC will be drafting in what part of the 20's? Of the top WR's, who is a legit option? Think both Green and Jones be gone by then? Blackmon, Floyd and who else? Are those guys good fits? I'm thinking Blackmon is a strong possibility.

Day One Pick
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree they could use another receiver, but their current receivers would look better if they had a better QB.

ChiFan24
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
If you watch any of the Chiefs game outside of today, you would notice Cassel isn't the problem. The lack of any WR getting open is the major issue.

I've watched them, and for the most part, I'm kidding. But there are times that he is just flat out awful, and today is an example.

As for the question; WR, NT, OLB. Isn't Barry Richardson a FA? RT could be a need.

Also, they're officially picking #21.

bored of education
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
If they draft Carimi i wouldnt be shocked

GatorsBullsFan
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
I could see this team taking a WR but I think the WR there looking for is a Vincent Jackson type of WR....

ChiefMojo
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
As a RT? That might not be to bad at the 21st pick.

nepg
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I agree they could use another receiver, but their current receivers would look better if they had a better QB.
That's not true. Cassel is definitely not a problem. They have one receiver and a rookie TE. The other guys might as well not even be on the field...that's how useless they are...proven by the amount of 1 WR sets the Chiefs run.

nepg
01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I've watched them, and for the most part, I'm kidding. But there are times that he is just flat out awful, and today is an example.

As for the question; WR, NT, OLB. Isn't Barry Richardson a FA? RT could be a need.

Also, they're officially picking #21.
That was all Weis today (and last week). Weis and not having a slot receiver to take advantage of the Ravens' aggressiveness.

LonghornsLegend
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
A guy like Ryan Broyles would make Dwayne Bowe alot better.

TACKLE
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
A guy like Ryan Broyles would make Dwayne Bowe alot better.

Indeed he would. Unfortunately for KC (and you as a Longhorns fan), he is returning to school for his senior season.

RaiderNation
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Jon Baldwin

Day One Pick
01-09-2011, 05:11 PM
That's not true. Cassel is definitely not a problem. They have one receiver and a rookie TE. The other guys might as well not even be on the field...that's how useless they are...proven by the amount of 1 WR sets the Chiefs run.

I don't watch many Chiefs games, but Cassel isn't a very good NFL QB. He has happy feet in the pocket, stares down receivers, and overall just doesn't have good mechanics. It doesn't help that he's really lacking in the experience department. He's certainly not a QB the Chiefs can hang their hat on to lead them to a Super Bowl. He's not even really a guy who they can count on to get them to the playoffs on a regular basis. If they were in any of the other 3 AFC conferences, they wouldn't have come close to making the playoffs.

Cassel didn't lose the game today, but he didn't do anything to help them win it either. Any team without a true difference maker at QB, is in the market for a QB.

Black Bolt
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Jon Baldwin

Um, can you NOT give them any ideas? And don't tell them that Cassell can't handle pressure!

DBNYDP
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I'd look for a 2nd/3rd round guy in Titus Young.
Fast and shifty.
Reminds me a bit of DeSean Jackson.

LonghornsLegend
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Indeed he would. Unfortunately for KC (and you as a Longhorns fan), he is returning to school for his senior season.

Really? Wow I missed that, guess I had been assuming he would declare for so long now.

Jon Baldwin

I really don't think they need another WR just like Bowe. Not that it can't work, but some contrast is needed. Even though Fitz and Boldin were both big they still contrasted each other very nicely in what their strengths were. Cassel needs more then anything a quick guy who can run precise routes and be where you expect him to be, more so then just toss it up and let him make a play which is gonna be a big part of Baldwin's game.

goldenbear.cal
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Ryan Broyles would make Bowe better? They already have a potential good slot WR with McCluster.

BlindSite
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
There's some decent FA talent available out there this year too, which could play a part, Breaston from Arizona, Floyd from SD will be available as will both the jones from houston and green bay.

nepg
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Ryan Broyles would make Bowe better? They already have a potential good slot WR with McCluster.
He's not a slot receiver, he's a utility RB.

LonghornsLegend
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Broyles is more in the mold of Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace, two great outside WR's who provide speed and quickness. McCluster is not, and will never be a true WR who plays on the outside, but he still is needed on offense in a variety of ways to provide a spark.

bored of education
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Broyles is more in the mold of Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace, two great outside WR's who provide speed and quickness. McCluster is not, and will never be a true WR who plays on the outside, but he still is needed on offense in a variety of ways to provide a spark.

this thank you sir

BlindSite
01-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Just realised Santonio and Braylon (I think) are both FA's as well. I think they'll play a major factor given Pioli is the GM.