PDA

View Full Version : Well we could be one step closer to losing CJ

-black
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Falcons just got an extra 2nd round pick as well as the 8th pick from Houston. They now have the ammo to move up if they wanted CJ

although they have Joe Horn, along with White and Jenkins, CJ would def be a popular pick for the orginization and since ATL has 13 picks in the draft, I think they could be positioning to make a move

or they could just stay put and get either Landry or Adrian Peterson....

thoughts?

Booger
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Falcons just got an extra 2nd round pick as well as the 8th pick from Houston. They now have the ammo to move up if they wanted CJ

although they have Joe Horn, along with White and Jenkins, CJ would def be a popular pick for the orginization and since ATL has 13 picks in the draft, I think they could be positioning to make a move

or they could just stay put and get either Landry or Adrian Peterson....

thoughts?

I still think that CJ goes #1 to the Raiders. This is a move that Atlanta wouldnt likely make until draft day (or until the Raiders sign Russell).

I thought that Atlanta was really high on Norwood at RB?

Landry still makes a lot of sense to me, but look out if CJ drops to #2 overall.

etk
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
After they signed Joe Horn I think they gave up on the idea of drafting a first-round QB. They have Horn, Jenkins, White & Finneran: 2 solid vets and 2 young former first-rounders with potential.

zCaddyz
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
i think they wont get cj and get a safty,d-lineman,or p-willis if they get p-willis i would be forced to like them

etk
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
They have the 8th pick, how are they getting CJ anyway? It wouldn't make much sense for a team to trade up twice to get a player too.....

Caddy
03-21-2007, 03:29 PM
They have the 8th pick, how are they getting CJ anyway? It wouldn't make much sense for a team to trade up twice to get a player too.....

It makes sense if they gain draft picks from trading up though. The Falcons picked up 2 second rounders for Schaub which they could use to trade up with the Lions or Browns or whoever.

etk
03-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I said it wouldn't make much sense, but it's a little bit sensible because they gained picks from trading up, using Matt Schaub as bait. I think they are targeting Adrian Peterson or possibly Gaines Adams, though. The move from 10 to 8 might not be very significant, because IMO the additional picks are the ones that they wanted to gain from the trade, the move-up was only a bonus. Good job by Rich McKay....

Booger
03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Good job by Rich McKay....

Blasphemy!!!

-black
03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I dont know if yall believe in Division Rivals doing what they have to, to spoil our day

but imagine the satisfaction of them trading with Cleveland for CJ....

Tampa 2 4 life
03-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm more scared of David Carr going to Oakland.

zCaddyz
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Maybe we swap wit the lions and give them rice

Booger
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm more scared of David Carr going to Oakland.

You're more scared of an unproven QB going to the worst team in the league (whom we play once every 3 seasons) than you are of arguably the best WR prospect of all time going to our most hated rival that we play twice a season?

Or did I miss the sarcasm?

Tampa 2 4 life
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
You're more scared of an unproven QB going to the worst team in the league (whom we play once every 3 seasons) than you are of arguably the best WR prospect of all time going to our most hated rival that we play twice a season?

Or did I miss the sarcasm?

I mean, I'm more scared of Oakland taking CJ after getting carr than the Falcons trading up for CJ, as the first seems more likely to me.

Booger
03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I mean, I'm more scared of Oakland taking CJ after getting carr than the Falcons trading up for CJ, as the first seems more likely to me.

Sorry, that makes a lot more sense. I am also afraid that the Raiders will trade Moss, pick up another QB, and take CJ.

etk
03-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry, that makes a lot more sense. I am also afraid that the Raiders will trade Moss, pick up another QB, and take CJ.

But why be scared, we can just take Joe Thomas...."rolls eyes"

Caddy
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
But why be scared, we can just take Joe Thomas...."rolls eyes"

You say that like its a bad thing ;)

Merlin
03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McKay target CJ, and do all in his power to trade up to get him.

I'm sure Blank would let him, remember CJ is from Georgia Tech..$$$

Watchman
03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McKay target CJ, and do all in his power to trade up to get him.

I'm sure Blank would let him, remember CJ is from Georgia Tech..$$$

It will take more than the Falcons 1st rounder and pair of 2nd rounders to get Oakland's pick. That's if you go by the draft pick values.

bofadabizzles
03-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Isn't that what Denver did last year to get Jay Cutler?

When McKay was our GM he was always aggressive in filling any perceived need on this team... Brad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson, Kenyetta, Gruden. I wouldn't put past him to try to make another trade and spend big to get Calvin Johnson, I'm pretty sure he would have Arthur Blank's blessing too.

etk
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Isn't that what Denver did last year to get Jay Cutler?

When McKay was our GM he was always aggressive in filling any perceived need on this team... Brad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson, Kenyetta, Gruden. I wouldn't put past him to try to make another trade and spend big to get Calvin Johnson, I'm pretty sure he would have Arthur Blank's blessing too.

He definitely might be preparing to make that move, but many signs point towards him staying put at 8 and drafting a DE or S.

To answer another post, if they traded up it would be to pick #2, so the values would change a bit.....

Watchman
03-23-2007, 12:28 AM
He definitely might be preparing to make that move, but many signs point towards him staying put at 8 and drafting a DE or S.

To answer another post, if they traded up it would be to pick #2, so the values would change a bit.....

Going by the values, to move up to #2 they'd need to throw in a 3rd rounder (approximately). Hell I hope the Falcons do that.

Merlin
03-23-2007, 04:56 AM
It will take more than the Falcons 1st rounder and pair of 2nd rounders to get Oakland's pick. That's if you go by the draft pick values.I must admit, I didn't even consider Atlanta moving up to #1, I said what I did due to the speculation concerning Detroit trading down, didn't mean to be misleading, soz.

As for the value, I have a question? their is a 1200 point difference between the #2 and #8 picks, Houston's 2rd pick (this year #7) is worth 510 points, how does Houston's pick next year get valued, should Atlanta want to trade up with Detroit using "said pick" this year?

Caddy
03-23-2007, 06:21 AM
I must admit, I didn't even consider Atlanta moving up to #1, I said what I did due to the speculation concerning Detroit trading down, didn't mean to be misleading, soz.

As for the value, I have a question? their is a 1200 point difference between the #2 and #8 picks, Houston's 2rd pick (this year #7) is worth 510 points, how does Houston's pick next year get valued, should Atlanta want to trade up with Detroit using "said pick" this year?

The general rule of thumb is that a pick this year is worth a pick next year 1 round later. For example, a 2nd next year can be valued as a 3rd this year. However, the value of these draft picks is obviously going to vary from team to team.

etk
03-23-2007, 10:22 AM
The eighth overall draft pick and the two second-round choices the Falcons received from Houston in exchange for backup quarterback Matt Schaub on Thursday likely will be used to address several needs, not to trade up to land Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Merlin
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The general rule of thumb is that a pick this year is worth a pick next year 1 round later. For example, a 2nd next year can be valued as a 3rd this year. However, the value of these draft picks is obviously going to vary from team to team.I never new that, cheers.

Watchman
03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
The eighth overall draft pick and the two second-round choices the Falcons received from Houston in exchange for backup quarterback Matt Schaub on Thursday likely will be used to address several needs, not to trade up to land Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Falcons certainly don't strike me as a "one player away" type of team. Throwing all those picks away to try and get CJ doesn't make much sense.