PDA

View Full Version : Jared Crick Staying In School

diabsoule
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
From Joe Schad's twitter: Big news for Nebraska fans: DT Jared Crick will STAY in school

That's pretty huge for Nebraska and takes away a very good DT that could have entered this year's draft

JRTPlaya21
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Wow that is quite the shocker.

TACKLE
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Rarely do players at Nebraska leave early. I think its probably a good decision given all the depth at 3-4 DE this year. He is probably a mid-2nd right now but should be quite easily cemented in the 1st round in 2012 with another good year.

ElectricEye
01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
****. There goes a five technique. Would have been a first rounder or an early second rounder for sure. Not really that big of a surprise though, seems like the type of guy who would want every last year of his eligibility. It's his home state and he's only going to be able to play football there for a limited time.

He'll likely have another really productive year next year. Maybe even get better. Looking WAAAAY ahead, the Senior Bowl should help him too and I'm sure he'll get an invite.

princefielder28
01-11-2011, 06:21 PM
i think that's a wise choice...his stock kinda fell this year compared to where he was initially projected and he's gotta chance to boost it back up

holt_bruce81
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I really don't think he's that good. Wise choice by him, if he left early I think he's a fourth round selection.

ElectricEye
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
i think that's a wise choice...his stock kinda fell this year compared to where he was initially projected and he's gotta chance to boost it back up

That's not really his fault in my opinion. It was largely just because for some reason he fell under the radar. His level of play actually improved without Suh there and blocking schemes geared more towards him...absolutely dominated the Texas A&M game. Might not be a high first round pick just because he's not the flashiest guy in the world and that's part of why he sort of fell under the radar, but he's a very good defensive linemen. I'm sort of worried the same thing that happened to him this year will happen again next.

Duffman57
01-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Not really a surprise. He didn't have that good of a year, i sure bet he wishes he could have gone out when Suh left, because there went half his production (like i called, for the record...haha). If he would have came out this year, he would have been a late second round pick at best, going anywhere till the bottom of the 3rd. He's probably hoping he can be able to come back and play better so he can boost his stock back up to a 1st to 2nd though its unlikely with what that D's gonna loose.

Babylon
01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Not really a surprise. He didn't have that good of a year, i sure bet he wishes he could have gone out when Suh left, because there went half his production (like i called, for the record...haha). If he would have came out this year, he would have been a late second round pick at best, going anywhere till the bottom of the 3rd. He's probably hoping he can be able to come back and play better so he can boost his stock back up to a 1st to 2nd though its unlikely with what that D's gonna loose.

2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

Not sure where the dropoff in production is.

ElectricEye
01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

Also; 17 TFL for 92 yards this year, 15 TFL for 63 yards last year.

I don't get where this myth of production drop came from. He was better this year with more working against him.

diabsoule
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

1 more sack? What a scrub!

Babylon
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Also; 17 TFL for 92 yards this year, 15 TFL for 63 yards last year.

I don't get where this myth of production drop came from. He was better this year with more working against him.

Not sure what the attraction with staying another year in Lincoln is but to each his own i guess. He was a nightmare for the Washington QB in the Holiday Bowl.

Duffman57
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

If you watched him, he was not getting the same penetration he did a year ago. He showed that he's going to be a solid DE in a 3-4 or UT, but isn't going to be anything special, and from first round picks, you wnat them to be speciall. Didn't say he was a bad player, i just dont think that he is a first round pick.

Nalej
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Damn, was definitely looking at him as a future 5-tech for the Pats

ElectricEye
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM
If you watched him, he was not getting the same penetration he did a year ago. He showed that he's going to be a solid DE in a 3-4 or UT, but isn't going to be anything special, and from first round picks, you wnat them to be speciall. Didn't say he was a bad player, i just dont think that he is a first round pick.

...that's because Suh was gone and he wasn't being let free like last year. He was the guy that got double teamed this year and he still made plays. 17+ TFL and 10 sacks out of a defensive tackle while taking the sort of attention he got is absolutely special enough to be worth a first round pick. If anything, to me, he proved more than he did last year by maintaining his level of play without a historically good guy opposite him.

cajuncorey
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
If he has a season last the past two this year he will be a top 10 pick. not quite as good as suh but better than mccoy in my mind

thegreatone
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Damn..... This sucks.

descendency
01-11-2011, 09:35 PM
From what I have heard (I didn't see him enough to make the judgment), he basically struggled without Suh for a while and then went into Beast-mode. Maybe he thinks it's better to wait so he can get into the top 10-15.

RaiderNation
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
He could end up being a top 15 pick next year IMO. This year he was a 2nd, maybe late 1st

Cicero
01-11-2011, 10:44 PM
He never really stood out to me either of the times we played Nebraska, especially the first game.