PDA

View Full Version : DecisiveLeaf, 1/11/11

DecisiveLeaf
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
First post, first mock draft. I have reasonable explanations for each pick.

Carolina A.J. Green
Denver Patrick Peterson
Buffalo Nick Fairley
Cincinnati Da'Quan Bowers
Arizona Robert Quinn
Cleveland Marcel Dareus
San Francisco Blaine Gabbert
Tennessee Jake Locker
Dallas Prince Amukamara
Washington Ryan Mallett
Houston Stephen Paea
Minnesota Aldon Smith
Detroit Mark Ingram
St. Louis Justin Blackmon
Miami Cam Newton
Jacksonville Brandon Harris
New England Cameron Jordan
San Diego Von Miller
New York Giants Akeem Ayers
Tampa Bay J.J. Watt
Kansas City Julio Jones
Indianapolis Anthony Castonzo
Philadelphia Tyron Smith
New Orleans Ryan Kerrigan

T-RICH49
01-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Great Chiefs pick

Master Exploder
01-11-2011, 11:54 PM
J.J. Watt doesn't seem like the type of DE that Tampa Bay would take. They need someone who is capable of putting up 10+ sacks a season. J.J. Watt isn't that kind of DE.

Duffman57
01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
TERRIBLE Chargers pick. Von Miller is a situational pass rusher right now. He's not good in coverage, and he's just a bit more than absolutely worthless in the run. Give the Chargers either Aaron Williams or Julio Jones. Those two are MUCH better picks.

DecisiveLeaf
01-12-2011, 01:27 AM
TERRIBLE Chargers pick. Von Miller is a situational pass rusher right now. He's not good in coverage, and he's just a bit more than absolutely worthless in the run. Give the Chargers either Aaron Williams or Julio Jones. Those two are MUCH better picks.

Are you kidding? Look, I get making extreme statements to get your point across, but Miller is first round material. Do you honestly believe that he would be ranked this highly by scouts if he was bad in coverage? You're right, it's one of his weaknesses, but he is far from being bad. Also, your statement on run support is ridiculous. He's one of the smarter run defenders I've seen. I don't know if you've watched film on him, but I would recommend doing so, as opposed to reading other people's opinions on him.

And, I have no problem with you disputing the pick. If you had just said your last two sentences, I would've been fine with that. All (or most) of these players are worthy of the first round. You made it sound like he shouldn't even be drafted. Situational? Really?

SimonRath
01-12-2011, 07:50 AM
nice falcons pick..

DiG
01-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Washington Ryan Mallett

I dont see the fit in Shanahans offense. The system is built on movement from the quarterback position. Shanahan runs a lot of bootlegs and roll-outs where mobility and accuracy on the run is crucial which is clearly one of Malletts biggest apparent weaknesses.

prock
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Terrible Vikes pick.

Poz51
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Buffalo Nick Fairley

I can dig it... Especially if he replaces a released Stroud...
Fairley, Carrington at the 5, Williams, Troup at the nose, and Edwards, Johnson playing the 3 next year could be nice upfront.

DecisiveLeaf
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I dont see the fit in Shanahans offense. The system is built on movement from the quarterback position. Shanahan runs a lot of bootlegs and roll-outs where mobility and accuracy on the run is crucial which is clearly one of Malletts biggest apparent weaknesses.

Good point. I'll probably change that.

thebow305
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
PERFECT Phins pick!!

49erNation85
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Terrible 49ers pick god dam it !!

WTH is everyone drafting Gabbert to SF all of sudden.Please stop its making me sick!Just because his has a good size body built and rumor to be good arm , I don't think he will be in SF to run the WCO system .SO stop it already.I think the only QB we take in round is one Locker at this point.If not then we go defense first two rounds maybe 3 and pick a QB in the 4th is worst case

Master Exploder
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Terrible 49ers pick god dam it !!

WTH is everyone drafting Gabbert to SF all of sudden.Please stop its making me sick!Just because his has a good size body built and rumor to be good arm , I don't think he will be in SF to run the WCO system .SO stop it already.I think the only QB we take in round is one Locker at this point.If not then we go defense first two rounds maybe 3 and pick a QB in the 4th is worst case

Gabbert is probably the best fit out of all the 1st round QBs for the 49ers WCO. I understand you may be a Locker fan, but have you watched Blaine Gabbert at all?

49erNation85
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Gabbert is probably the best fit out of all the 1st round QBs for the 49ers WCO. I understand you may be a Locker fan, but have you watched Blaine Gabbert at all?

Nope I don't follow Mizz , I only watched him once in his bowl game against Iowa and wasn't very impressed with his accuracy .How is a good fit ?He comes out of a spread offense .

Master Exploder
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Nope I don't follow Mizz , I only watched him once in his bowl game against Iowa and wasn't very impressed with his accuracy .How is a good fit ?He comes out of a spread offense .

It may be hard convincing a 49er fan that a QB from a spread offense isn't going to fail in the NFL, but Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow looked pretty good this season.

Personally, I think Blaine Gabbert has the best tools in this draft to be a good QB. I think out of the big 4, he is the least likely to bust and he's far more accurate than the other 3, which usually helps depict how good a QB is. He's also got some mobility for his size and he's used to throwing dump-off passes to his receivers, which is a large part of the SF offense. That is, if Harbaugh decides to keep the offense in place.

Ultimately, I don't think SF is going to take a QB in the first round. I really think they're going to look at someone like Christian Ponder in the 2nd, because there aren't any "sure fire" QBs in this years class, but if I had to pick a QB that would be at the top of their list, I would think it would be hard to not put Gabbert at number 1.

DecisiveLeaf
01-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Yep, of all the first round QBs, Gabbert is the best fit. None of the other QBs have the accuracy for the WCO. Even Gabbert's is above average at best, but he's still better than the rest. But, if it means anything, I don't like Gabbert either. For these mocks, I have to go with what they think, not what I think. And, right now, Gabbert is the consensus #1 QB in the draft.

vidae
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
I love that KC pick.

Matthew Jones
01-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd be happy with Jordan.