PDA

View Full Version : First Round Mock...

ellsy82
01-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Round Team Name Pos. Height Weight College Thoughts
1-1 1. Carolina Nick Fairley* 34DE/DT 6-4 296 Auburn Pretty standard here. With Luck going back to Stanford, the Panthers look to improve that leaky run defense. Their offensive line is solid when healthy. They have dominant running backs and a solid secondary. I think they go with Fairley after he shines in the BCS bowl.
1-2 2. Denver Robert Quinn* 43DE/34OLB 6-5 268 North Carolina Denver could go many ways here, but aside from Dumervil they have little-to-no pass rush. Its Quinn over Green here, as I think Denver is confident in their receiving core with Lloyd, Royal, and their recent 1st round draft pick Thomas.
1-3 3. Buffalo A.J. Green* WR 6-4 190 Georgia Buffalo seems pretty committed to Fitzpatrick, so I believe they will look to add weapons for him. In a division with the Patriots, you have to score points. They can do that with the addition of A.J. Green to the fold.
1-4 4. Cincinatti Marcell Dareus* 34DE/DT 6-3 306 Alabama The Bungles took a hit this year on defense. Their pass defense was as good as ever, but with no forward pass rush, there wasn't enough time to get to the QB to apply appropriate pressure. They look to rectify that here by taking Dareus as their future interior line star.
1-5 5. Arizona Ryan Mallett* QB 6-7 238 Arkansas Poor Arizona. When you star out the year with Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson, and John Skelton...its pretty obvious where they're going here. Mallett is the pick.
1-6 6. Cleveland Patrick Peterson* CB 6-1 211 LSU Cleveland needs either a corner to pair with Haden or a safety to pair with Ward. Peterson can fill either of those needs, and he's taken with the 6th overall pick.
1-7 7. San Francisco Blaine Gabbert QB 6-5 235 Missouri The '9ers might reach a bit here, but I have a feeling they're tired of waiting for the next great QB to come out. Their defense is good enough to carry them, but that offense cannot score points, no matter how many playmakers they have. This is why they take the most accurate QB in the draft here.
1-8 8. Tennessee Prince Amukamara CB/S 6-1 200 Nebraska Tennessee has plenty of problems on defense and probably just as many on offense. They take BPA here, and Prince is a solid investment.
1-9 9. Dallas Cameron Heyward 34DE/DT 6-5 288 Ohio State Dallas, as I've stated all year, is in serious need of a help at the right DE position in their 3-4. Olshanky ain't doing it, so they take a guy that can be a staple for their line here at #9. This was not a hard pick to make.
1-10 10. Washington Adrian Clayborn 34DE/43DE 6-3 282 Iowa I imagine that the coaching staff is getting pretty tired of Big Al and his Big ********. They select the up-n-down prospect from Iowa to help solidify their new defensive scheme.
1-11 11. Houston Jonathan Baldwin* WR 6-5 225 Pittsburgh Houston has Andre Johnson, so they're not hurting for receiver talent, but Keven Walters is not doing it as the #2 man. He's consistently put up #3 WR numbers as the #2 WR for years. This year, its time for an upgrade. And two, big WR's can do wonders for mismatches. Could've went Ingram here, but I think the offense would be more improved with WR help.
1-12 12. Minnesota Jake Locker QB 6-3 223 Washington Minnesota bites the bullet and takes a risk on Locker here. They have no one on the roster that can take over at QB. Although Locker might be a project, he's their best bet. Depending on the offensive plan, they could go with Newton, but I'm betting on Locker here.
1-13 13. Detroit Allen Bailey DT/34DE 6-4 288 Miami Detroit needs cornerback help. Bad. But they aren't within reach of anyone within draft value. They take Bailey to help solidify that wonderfully beautiful defensive line they have. Vanden Bosch is elite, but he's not exactly a young pup. Might as well make your strengths stronger with Bailey.
1-14 14. St. Louis Mark Ingram* RB 5-10 215 Alabama Tolston and Darby as backups to S-Jax? Please. Easy pick here. The Rams take the best RB in the draft in Ingram here.
1-15 15. Miami Von Miller 34OLB 6-2 243 Texas A&M Miami needs a new pass rusher. Wake is great and Misi could be great in a few years as well, but Miami generated very little pass rush last year, which was one of the reasons for them missing the playoffs. They'll piss off the Patriots and take the best pure rush linebacker in the draft at 15.
1-16 16. Jacksonville Aldon Smith* 43DE 6-5 255 Missouri Jacksonville is another team that just couldn't apply enough pressure to the QB to keep them in ballgames. A good team, and improving, they're just a few pieces away to be relevant again.
1-17 17. New England from Oakland Michael Floyd* WR 6-3 220 Notre Dame The Seymoure deal lands NE another great receiver that will replace Branch and could play on the other side of him. The strong just got stronger.
1-18 18. San Diego Brandon Harris* CB 5-11 195 Miami Cason and Jammer are solid, but they have no one after them. The Bolts add Harris to improve that secondary. They could go WR here, but I think Jones is a reach at this point with his lack of concentration and small hands. They'll take BPA here.
1-19 19. New York Giants Travis Lewis* 43OLB/MLB 6-2 232 Oklahoma NY has added defensive tackles seemingly every year in the first round. This year, they add the talented Lewis to their linebacker core. His athleticism should allow him to start from the first regular season game and improve the coverage over the middle that killed the Giants this year.
1-20 20. Tampa Bay Ryan Williams* RB 5-10 206 Virginia Tech Caddy Williams is a great back to have, but they have no one at the running back position that can seem to stay healthy. Granted, Williams isn't the model of durability, but he's better than anyone else they have.
1-21 21. Kansas City Anthony Costanzo OT 6-7 295 Boston College KC will look to protect Cassell now that they know he can play. Costanzo is the first tackle off the board in this draft.
1-22 22. New Orleans Ras-I Dowling CB/S 6-2 200 Virginia Nawleans will attempt to upgrade their safety position with Dowling. He can play FS, SS, or CB, and he can play those positions well.
1-23 23. Indianapolis Derek Sherrod OT 6-6 305 Mississippi St Indy will go either offensive or defensive line here. And with all the great defensive tackles off the board, they'll take Sherrod here to help protect Manning and hopefully have a shot at another championship.
1-24 24. Philadelphia Rashard Hall* FS 6-2 195 Clemson Philly needs safety help. They could go with Deunta Williams here, but with his health issues, he's sure to drop. They'll take Hall out of Clemson to help out that secondary.
1-25 25. Chicago Julio Jones* WR 6-4 210 Alabama Chicago has waited far too long for a dominant WR to pass on Jones here. I have my doubts about his mental ability to play the position and further doubts about his physical attributes (small hands, short strides), but he's the Bear's best bet here.
1-26 26. Baltimore Aaron Williams CB 6-1 189 Texas Baltimore finally gets their CB. Took them long enough. What? No Kindle this year?
1-27 27. Seattle Mike Pouncey OG/C 6-5 320 Florida Seattle's run blocking (aside from the amazing run from Lynch the other day) has been atrocious. They'll take Pouncey here to improve that aspect of the offense.
1-28 28. New York Jets J.J. Watt 34DE/DT 6-6 287 Wisconsin The Jets are always looking to improve their defense in a division with Brady and Brown. Easy decision here. Watt gets his call.
1-29 29. Atlanta Gabe Carimi OT 6-8 320 Wisconsin Atlanta doesn't have a lot of glaring needs, but they could always use help along the offensive line. Every team does.
1-30 20. New England Akeem Ayers* 34OLB 6-4 252 UCLA New England, missing on Miller, will go for Ayers now that he's declared. Not particularly thrilled with this pick, but I can't see them passing him up.
1-31 31. Green Bay Mikel Leshoure RB 6-1 228 Illinois Grant is old and injury prone. Jackson is not the answer. Green Bay needs a bruiser to get those short yardage situations and LeShoure may be the answer.
1-32 32. Pittsburgh I can't think of any prospect worth of 1.32. So, draftniks, you tell me...Who would you like to see picked here (if the previous players are already gone)?

Caulibflower
01-12-2011, 02:39 AM
You think Seattle's going to the NFC championship game?

JPP90
01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Giants haven't drafted a DT in the 1st round since William Joseph in 2003. Idk where you got from. Travis Lewis has already announced he's going back to school and with the way James Starks is playing, GB probably won't draft a RB in the entire draft. Grant+Starks+Kuhn=beastly and makes me jealous as a Giants fan.

You're gonna get fried for not posting this on the mock board. It doesn't matter to me but there's a board for these mocks and someones pad will leak when they see this.

Caulibflower
01-12-2011, 02:42 AM
And there is no way the Rams pick Ingram with Steven Jackson in his prime. They just drafted Sam Bradford and had him throw the ball more times than any rookie QB ever... and... to who? They're going wideout. No way would Julio Jones get past them, much less all the way to Chicago.

JPP90
01-12-2011, 02:46 AM
You think Seattle's going to the NFC championship game?

...is it really that outlandish? They win 1 very winnable game and they're in it. I'm not counting them out vs the Bears.

Pat Sims 90
01-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Horriable Bengals Pick. If the Bengals draft a DT they need pass rushing DT. Dareus is not that. Give them Patrick Peterson at that spot.

Halsey
01-12-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd be willing to bet Fairley doesn't go #1.

zachsaints52
01-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Id cry if the Saints get another CB to Safety player, when we have bigger needs right now at OLB/DT/young DE.

DiG
01-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Appreciate the analysis but fixing your spacing would help A LOT.

1-10 10. Washington Adrian Clayborn 34DE/43DE 6-3 282 Iowa I imagine that the coaching staff is getting pretty tired of Big Al and his Big ********. They select the up-n-down prospect from Iowa to help solidify their new defensive scheme.

Not a fan of this pick. This is a definite reach with a top 10 pick. I really wouldnt even start to consider Clayborn until a trade down into the early 20s. Even then I think guys like Cam Jordan, Cam Heyward, and JJ Watt are all better fits in this defensive scheme. There is too much better value available considering we basically have a need at almost every position arguably except TE and LT.

noondog
01-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Da'Quan Bowers would like to know where the hell he fits into the first round.

prock
01-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I can dig Locker.

tfry
01-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Rams drafting a rb in round 1 is comical. They have gapping needs at WR, DL, and OLB. TE, OG, S could all be considered more pressing as well. Grabbing Ingram is not a luxury the Rams have at this point. I wouldn't be suprised to seem them grab a back in round 3 or 4 but definitely not round 1.

T-RICH49
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Cassel also needs weapons...Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Costanzo

vidae
01-12-2011, 01:28 PM
There is no way KC passes on Jones if he is there. WR is our #1 need.

Watchman
01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Man that is a horrible Bucs pick. I think the Bucs would go D-line, LB, DB, or O-line before they went with a RB.

ellsy82
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I appreciate the feedback. You don't get to hear the team fans' voices too often. Thanks. Bowers I have a a fringe first rounder...which is probably wrong considering how much of a freak athlete he is. He'll surely be a top 16 guy after the combine.

Xiomera
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
1-13 13. Detroit Allen Bailey DT/34DE 6-4 288 Miami Detroit needs cornerback help. Bad. But they aren't within reach of anyone within draft value. They take Bailey to help solidify that wonderfully beautiful defensive line they have. Vanden Bosch is elite, but he's not exactly a young pup. Might as well make your strengths stronger with Bailey.

Suh, Corey Williams, Sammie Lee Hill.

No need for a DT in round 1. Maybe an end, but even then there's other positions of need.

Nalej
01-12-2011, 02:33 PM
M.Floyd is stying in school.
With that, I'd prefer the Pats grab Julio Jones WR and then Ryan Kerrigan OLB

...I doubt Ryan Williams gets selected in the first.
Only RB I can see selected in the 1st is Ingram and that isn't even a guarantee

thebow305
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Although I like Miller, he's not a very good pick for Miami, because we have enough pass rushers. RB and WR are much bigger needs so LeShoure, Ryan Williams or Julio Jones would be much better at 15.

Master Exploder
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
There is no chance in hell that the Atlanta Falcons pass on Da'Quan Bowers in that situation. I find it hard to believe that he even falls out of the top 15, but regardless he won't fall past Atlanta in that situation.

Also, please use some better spacing or something next time. This was a PAIN to read.

49erNation85
01-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think Sf will take another chance a spread offense kid of QB every again !

WTH is everyone drafting Gabbert to SF all of sudden.Please stop its making me sick!Just because his has a good size body built and rumor to be good arm , I don't think he will be in SF to run the WCO system .SO stop it already.I think the only QB we take in round is one Locker at this point.If not then we go defense first two rounds maybe 3 and pick a QB in the 4th is worst case