PDA

View Full Version : 1 round mock w/analysis

nlgb1
01-12-2011, 05:51 AM
1.carolina - AJ Green
Green would fill a huge need for Carolina, and while some would argue he is not a #1 overall type prospect, there might not be any of those in this draft.
2.denver - Patrick Peterson
broncos take peterson to get a woeful defense back on track. a corner or safety, he will help as a tackler as well as a run defender.
3.buffalo - Nick Fairley
buffalo's defense always seems to be "close" to good, but Fairley helps them take the next step. AJ green would be ideal
4.cincy - Robert Quinn
Quinn adds some pass rush to cincy to help out the secondary. qb could be a pick here depending on if the front office likes the options available
5.arizona - Ryan Mallett
after a season of musical chairs at QB, arizona NEEDS to fill this spot. there doesnt seem to be a clear cut favorite here, Locker or Gabbert could go to the Cards too.
6.cleveland - Julio Jones
if theres any team that needs a playmaker at receiver, its cleveland. the defense looks like its on the rise, and a stud WR could be a big boost
7.san fran - Jake Locker
another team in desperate need of a QB, san fran might not like its QB options here, but are backed into a corner. this is also possible with a trade down.
8.tennessee - Prince Amukamara
everyone loves a lock down CB, and if Amukamara falls this far, it would be tough to pass on him. Bigger need at QB, but the well is pretty dry there this year.
9.dallas - Marcel Dareus
Dareus would make the dallas defense far more stout against the run. Amukamara or peterson would be the choice here if still available.
10. washington - Michael Floyd
WR and QB are the top needs here, and with QBs dried up, it comes down to Floyd or Baldwin.
11. houston - Brandon Harris
the Texans pass D was dreadful this year, and Harris is the last of the top tier pass defenders. another pass rusher could be an option as well.
12. minnesota - Daquan Bowers
Replacement for edwards, and an injection of youth on a quietly aging line.
13. detroit - Anthony Castonzo
the lions finally get the help up front theyve needed for years, though its possible Castonzo isnt the top prospect some believe he is.
14. st louis - Jonathan baldwin
A WR is the clear option here, as a target for bradford would help this team more than any other addition.
15. miami - Allen Bailey
a versatile freak athlete up front that could help this defense out a little. also a hometown pick, makes this somewhat more likely
16. jacksonville - Marcus Cannon
fills a need, not a lot of big time playmakers available.
17. new england - Adrian Clayborn
a solid, not spectacular player from the big ten to help solidify front 7. Its without question defense here and later in the first. Von Miller another possibilty
18. san diego - Stephen Paea
versatile along the line, would slide in nicely. This is a team without any glaring holes, but safety is another possibility here.
19. new york giants - Bruce Carter
LB is this teams top need without question, and Carter is a great fit.
20. Tampa Bay - Aldon Smith
This defense is on the cusp of being a top ten squad, and a big time pass rusher could get them there.
21. Kansas City - Derek Sherrod
Another tackle opposite Albert is high on this teams list of priorities. Another WR is also possible.
22. indy - Joseph Barksdale
a team thats needed line help for some time now. LB is another strong possibility.
23. Philly - Ras-I Dowling
another corner opposite Samuel is a huge need. Take your pick of DBs at this spot
24. New Orleans - Deunta Williams
someone is going to have to replace Sharper, and williams could be the guy. a WR is also possible here. Jernigan?
25. Seattle - Brandon Burton
This is another defense thats on the rise, and pass D help is always welcome.
26. Green Bay -Jerrel Jernigan
Biggest need is KR/PR, speed on offense, and Jernigan fits both perfect. OT and OLB are also very strong possibilities here.
27. New York Jets - Cameron Jordan
Jets are ecstatic to see Jordan fall into their lap here. LB or S also strong possibilities.
28. Baltimore - Justin Houston
Sergio Kindle looked to possibly fill this slot last year, but to no avail. Houston will bring more pass rush to an aging D.
29. Chicago - Tyron Smith
A replacement for Omiyale, who was a makeshift temp at OT. Line is really a necessity at this spot.
30. Pittsburgh - Demarcus Love
Line help is a definite need for the Steelers and Love will definitely help out.
31. Atlanta - Cameron Heyward
Falcons more than happy to snap up a top DL player in the late 1st. WR alongside Roddy could be a sleeper here.
32. New England - Akeem Ayers
Pats snap up a great OLB, something theyve desperately needed. Wr possible here, Greg Little?

bullg8rdaddy
01-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razor
01-12-2011, 07:24 AM
That Patriots draft is mediocre at best.. Clayborn isn't a natural fit in a 2-gap odd front. Kerrigan would be a great pick there, but since you have him falling to the second we'll just grab him at #33. ;) Assuming this, I'd take Derek Sherrod or Cameron Heyward at #17. Ayers plays soft, so despite having all the physical tools I don't see him ending up in NE. NE could go in a lot of directions with this pick, still assuming that Kerrigan will be the pick at #33. An OG/OC would be a good pick (Wisniewski/Pouncey/DeCastro), but don't rule out a DB either (Rahim Moore comes to mind).

zachsaints52
01-12-2011, 09:01 AM
24. New Orleans - Deunta Williams
someone is going to have to replace Sharper, and williams could be the guy. a WR is also possible here. Jernigan?

We have this guy named Malcolm Jenkins who played most of the year for Sharper anyways.

And WR? I don't see how we need a WR. You pretty much just picked two least needed positions on the team. We need OLB/DT/DE like the last couple years.

DiG
01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
theres no way given floyds injury concerns that he is a top 10 prospect. i cant see the skins taking another similar risk to the malcolm kelly experiment.

Unbiased
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Marcus Cannon seems like more of a RG to me than LG, so I don;t see where he fits in Jacksonville's offensive line.

prock
01-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Not a huge fan of a DE to the Vikes, but that is a great BPA pick.

the_legend_killer
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Not a huge fan of a DE to the Vikes, but that is a great BPA pick.

Same here. At that point, I wouldn't mind seeing what people might want to trade up to get Bowers, recoop a pick or two. But if we took him, i'd be ok with that.

T-RICH49
01-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Heyward, Houston or Ayers >>>>>>> Sherrod

thebow305
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Bailey doesn't really fit a need but I wouldn't be too upset because he's a monster. So nice pick.

Master Exploder
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Atlanta would rather have Ryan Kerrigan over Cameron Heyward. We already have someone similar to Heyward in Jammal Anderson.

49erNation85
01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
awesome pick in the first round for SF , if any one I would love them to take a chance on Jake Locker.I'm hoping he has a strong showing at the senior bowl at the end of the month !

nlgb1
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
We have this guy named Malcolm Jenkins who played most of the year for Sharper anyways.

And WR? I don't see how we need a WR. You pretty much just picked two least needed positions on the team. We need OLB/DT/DE like the last couple years.

id argue that maintaining the superior pass game is more important than filling out the rest of the roster. The NO receiving corps has never been very impressive, and a WR could help them big time down the road. Unless you're content to stick with colston moore and henderson for the next few years and expect to still be a top passing offense... my basic philosophy has always been: maintaining strengths > addressing weaknesses (unless the weakness is at QB)

p.s. didnt know jenkins had been formally moved to Safety,thought that was still just a possibility

Master Exploder
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
id argue that maintaining the superior pass game is more important than filling out the rest of the roster. The NO receiving corps has never been very impressive, and a WR could help them big time down the road. Unless you're content to stick with colston moore and henderson for the next few years and expect to still be a top passing offense... my basic philosophy has always been: maintaining strengths > addressing weaknesses (unless the weakness is at QB)

p.s. didnt know jenkins had been formally moved to Safety,thought that was still just a possibility

They also have Robert Meachem, whom they spent a 1st round pick on a few seasons ago. WR is not a need for N.O.

nlgb1
01-12-2011, 07:19 PM
They also have Robert Meachem, whom they spent a 1st round pick on a few seasons ago. WR is not a need for N.O.

forgot about meachem too. well looks like i completely whiffed on the NO pick lol. cant say im a big fan of meachem either though, that WR corps is still very unspectacular

Seasonticketholder
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM

Totally agree though I would add RB as a need.

zachsaints52
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
forgot about meachem too. well looks like i completely whiffed on the NO pick lol. cant say im a big fan of meachem either though, that WR corps is still very unspectacular

Meachem doesnt start because Colston and Moore have better hands, but Meachem has a career 16.3 YPC and 17 TDs in 3 yrs (didnt play his first year) Meachem is finally getting better.

In this scenario would love Ayers. We need that kind of OLB!

killxswitch
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't think Barksdale will be a 1st round pick and I would much MUCH rather have Carimi. Also the Colts will never select a LB in the 1st, it isn't a need, and the value isn't there anyway. Not a good Colts pick.

RealityCheck
01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Average Pats mock. Like Ayers, but Clayborn isn't much of a fit.

wicket
01-13-2011, 01:44 PM
any saints pick not spend on the front 7 is a waste

and wideout an option, REALLY??????

Matthew Jones
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Adrian Clayborn isn't really a good fit in New England schematically. I don't see where he'd play in New England's defense. I think Cameron Heyward would be a nice fit for our defensive line though. Akeem Ayers is a possibility, he has a well-rounded game and is a team captain, which the team really values, but might be a little bit too weak for the defense here.