PDA

View Full Version : Michael Floyd Returning for Senior Season

Phillysteeler
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
According to espn, he said he is staying in school. I don't really see the point except that its a strong WR class this year. He would probably have been a first rounder this year though.

A Perfect Score
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Most likely wouldn't have gone in the first this year. Green, Jones, Blackmon and maybe even Torrey Smith would probably go ahead of him this year. If he comes back and has a strong senior season he could be the #2 WR next year behind Alshon. I think its a smart choice, he's a second round guy.

wicket
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
just very very happy about this

thegreatone
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
The WR class isn't looking so great anymore.

wonderbredd24
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I still like this wide receiver class. It is incredibly deep.

I think Michael Floyd is making a huge mistake. He was likely to be a 2nd round pick with a shot of going in round 1, but if he suffers another injury, his stock may take a dip he may be unable to recover from, especially if he goes out and breaks his collarbone again.

K Train
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
he probably would have gone about where tate went despite being far superior of a prospect....him and blackmon (staying as well right?) next year will be sick

A Perfect Score
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
he probably would have gone about where tate went despite being far superior of a prospect....him and blackmon (staying as well right?) next year will be sick

Dont forget Alshon Jeffery who is probably on AJ Green's level as a prospect already and he isn't even eligible.

Babylon
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I think with Broyles, Blackmon and now Floyd staying this has become a position of weakness, especially at the top.

RealityCheck
01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Great move, will be taken higher next year.

BeerBaron
01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I think with Broyles, Blackmon and now Floyd staying this has become a position of weakness, especially at the top.

At the top it is still amazing with Green alone...definitely worth a top 5 pick if someone wants him badly enough there.

I think it's that 2nd level behind the top that now looks awful...

Phillysteeler
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah wr got really weak really fast. Next year though now has Blackmon, Broyles, Floyd and Alshon. So if he had went this year, he would have probably been the third wr and now next year as it stands he will probably be the third wr.

RaiderNation
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Was a top 25 prospect of mine for this draft if he did declare. With a healthy senior season and another year with the QB, he could be the 2nd/3rd WR taken instead of being the 4th or 5th this year

SeanTaylorRIP
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I still think it's a great WR class. Green, Julio, Baldwin, Smith, Cobb, Jernigan, Young, etc. I see this class having over 10 guys who can be impact players in the NFL. WR class next year looks great and all but if a guy like Alshon stays in school all of a sudden that WR class looks weak.

JRTPlaya21
01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you STRIP! Not to mention the mid level to late round wideouts could end up being tremendous steals.

etk
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
just very very happy about this

Floyd should've declared and Brandon Harris should've returned. That matchup got ugly fast.

Scott Wright
01-12-2011, 08:49 PM
It's highly unlikely Floyd would have been a first rounder this year.

Probably a second, but could have even slipped into the third.

FUNBUNCHER
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't think Floyd improved his stock by staying, unless he can stay healthy the entire season in 2011.

He's still a fringe 1st/solid 2nd pick.
From a football standpoint, I don't get what Floyd is thinking.

Aren't most top WR prospects gone by their junior year, like RBs???