PDA

View Full Version : New Zodiac Sign

kalbears13
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0113/New-zodiac-sign-Ophiuchus-Why-astrology-is-even-sillier-than-we-thought

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.

Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.

Pisces: March 11-April 18.

Aries: April 18-May 13.

Taurus: May 13-June 21.

Gemini: June 21-July 20.

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.

Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.

Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.

Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.

Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.

Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

TitanHope
01-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Yup, Metsox posted that in RDT. Don't believe in that stuff, but the more you know...

Don't get why the months overlap though. If you're born June 21st, do you get to pick if you're a Taurus or a Gemini or what?

Brent
01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
still a taurus, mostly because of my bull-sized ****.

consequently, I cannot walk properly.

Shane P. Hallam
01-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I was May 13th, so did mine change or not? DAMN YOU!

CJSchneider
01-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I refuse to change. I will remain an Aquarius despite what some jack-ass scientist says. **** science.

Caddy
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Booooo. I will remain a Scorpio despite this telling me I should be a Libra.

General Zod
01-13-2011, 07:47 PM
So Im a Taurus now? I was a Gemini. This seems like a lateral move to me.

Go_Eagles77
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Went from a leo to a cancer. That sucks.

RufusMcDaniel
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't want to be a Gemini, I want to be a cancer again!

yo123
01-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Aquarius to Capricorn. This will probably drastically change my life.

Forenci
01-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Neat, I'm an Ophiuchus! So what kind of person does that make me?

CJSchneider
01-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Aquarius to Capricorn. This will probably drastically change my life.

Stand strong with me, yo. Don't cross over.

yourfavestoner
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Aries to Pisces. **** that ****.

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm a ******* Leo now. Rad.

General Zod
01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Neat, I'm an Ophiuchus! So what kind of person does that make me?

Im not sure, Ophiuchus was a healer or something right?

CJSchneider
01-13-2011, 08:34 PM

That is one of several versions of who he was, yes.

WMD
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I remained a Virgo. Pretty close though, a couple days earlier and I'd be a Leo.

I feel sorry for all non Virgos, because Virgos rule.

GB12
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
So all these years I've been getting false information? God ******* damn it!

Mr. Goosemahn
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
****, I went from badass Scorpio to ***** Libra.

**** it, I ain't changing.

ElectricEye
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM

Cosign this.

Forenci
01-13-2011, 09:25 PM

So I have the power to heal? This is good to know..

KNEEL BEFORE ME, MINIONS!

kalbears13
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
May 12th. Went from Taurus to Aries. I'm so close!!

Paul
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I believe the changes only apply if you were born after 2009.

PS.
Libras > You

Nalej
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
This new arrangement only applies to those born in 2009 and after. I'll make the assumption that none of us are affected. (effected?)

SuperMcGee
01-13-2011, 11:52 PM
So I have the power to heal? This is good to know..

KNEEL BEFORE ME, MINIONS!

Well I can... weigh... things.

At least I used to :(

vidae
01-14-2011, 01:38 AM
I was born May 21st, so I was always on the cut off of Gemini and Taurus. Now I'm a Taurus. Big ******* deal. Who buys into this stuff anyhow?!

yourfavestoner
01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I was born May 21st, so I was always on the cut off of Gemini and Taurus. Now I'm a Taurus. Big ******* deal. Who buys into this stuff anyhow?!

The problem with all of it is that it's incredibly broad and people don't look at themselves without bias. They'll pick and choose things that they like about their personality and completely ignore other things.

I've always been fascinated by personality type classifications, even if I don't necessarily believe in it. Every Zodiac sign has three subsets, all of which share similarities but can remarkable differences. So, really, anybody can honestly fit into any sign if you research deep enough into it.

More fascinating to me is Jung's personality type classification. It's far, far more accurate, and it's rooted more in real, scientific observational study and honest examination of oneself. Even that one, though, is really, really hard to figure out. You have to take the personality test multiple times because how you might feel on a particular day can completely change the outcome of your result. You also have people not answering honestly. For example, it seems like every loner person on the internet classifies themself as an INTP, despite only 1% of the population actually falling under this classification (it's the really socially awkward geniuses who are lost in their own thoughts at all times, like Einstein, Newton, etc). But every person on the internet sees themselves as INTPs, because they have a very high opinion of their own intelligence, have little "real world/common" sense, and have zero social skills other than pecking at a keyboard and fapping.

ElectricEye
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
The problem with all of it is that it's incredibly broad and people don't look at themselves without bias. They'll pick and choose things that they like about their personality and completely ignore other things.

I've always been fascinated by personality type classifications, even if I don't necessarily believe in it. Every Zodiac sign has three subsets, all of which share similarities but can remarkable differences. So, really, anybody can honestly fit into any sign if you research deep enough into it.

More fascinating to me is Jung's personality type classification. It's far, far more accurate, and it's rooted more in real, scientific observational study and honest examination of oneself. Even that one, though, is really, really hard to figure out. You have to take the personality test multiple times because how you might feel on a particular day can completely change the outcome of your result. You also have people not answering honestly. For example, it seems like every loner person on the internet classifies themself as an INTP, despite only 1% of the population actually falling under this classification (it's the really socially awkward geniuses who are lost in their own thoughts at all times, like Einstein, Newton, etc). But every person on the internet sees themselves as INTPs, because they have a very high opinion of their own intelligence, have little "real world/common" sense, and have zero social skills other than pecking at a keyboard and fapping.

I'm sure we've all run across plenty of those douches on our internet escapades. Agree about it being absolutely fascinating too.

The Unseen
01-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Haha, yeah, I for sure thought I was an INTP, but I've come up as an INTJ mostly. Which is pretty damn close (I wanna say I took the test/another test and got INTP instead, but the recent ones I've done are INTJ).

yourfavestoner
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Haha, yeah, I for sure thought I was an INTP, but I've come up as an INTJ mostly. Which is pretty damn close (I wanna say I took the test/another test and got INTP instead, but the recent ones I've done are INTJ).

I've gotten both of those, too. But my splits on everything were almost 50/50 on everything (I think my largest split was 60/40 in introvert/extrovert). So it really, really depends on what type of mood I'm in at the time, the validity of the test, and what phase of life I'm in (party boy phase, work phase, relationship phase).

So I just like to think of myself as either an extremely balanced individual, or a walking contradiction.

Forenci
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Haha, nice. 4400 ftw.

eaglesalltheway
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM

Still a Taurus too *************. Don't mess with the ******* bulls.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I refuse to change. I will remain an Aquarius despite what some jack-ass "scientist" says. **** "science".

Fixed for you.

Rosebud
01-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Mine didn't change, does that mean I win?

brat316
01-15-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm ISTJ, Guardian Inspector.

The Unseen
01-15-2011, 01:01 AM
I've gotten both of those, too. But my splits on everything were almost 50/50 on everything (I think my largest split was 60/40 in introvert/extrovert). So it really, really depends on what type of mood I'm in at the time, the validity of the test, and what phase of life I'm in (party boy phase, work phase, relationship phase).

So I just like to think of myself as either an extremely balanced individual, or a walking contradiction.

The deal is, looking at the explanations, especially this one (http://typelogic.com/intp.html), I fit INTP to a tee, but INTJ only describes me a little, and something things about it are just not true. Like you said, most people like to consider themselves INTP, but the main points of the article (absent-mindedness, love of languages and systems, constantly second-guessing myself) are all me.

Sportsfan486
01-15-2011, 05:01 AM
It actually didn't change. That's for the Eastern part of the world, our version of it isn't based on the relativity of the stars and thusly can never change.

That's what I heard, anyway. It's all hocus pocus, regardless. There's been scientific studies that have proven personality traits are not related to date of birth.

EvilMonkey
01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
This new arrangement only applies to those born in 2009 and after. I'll make the assumption that none of us are affected. (effected?)

good, staying a Leo is much better than being Cancer. Science be praised.

PoopSandwich
01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I feel special now since Scorpio is only 7 total days

nepg
01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Yay! I'm not a ******* Cancer anymore! Rejoice!

LizardState
01-15-2011, 07:04 PM
What's a sun sign between friends?

Now I'm a Taurus.

Me too, **** that.

No bull for this boy, Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburgers (Abbie Hoffman, 1968)

Cicero
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
My life has been a lie. The person I'm supposed to be is not me.

Cicero
01-15-2011, 08:49 PM

I thought I would be INTJ when I took it and sure enough that's what I got.

yodabear
01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
I went from Tuarus to Arias. DAMN! Seriously tho, I only cared cuz some1 special was complaining to me that she switched from Pisces to Aquarias. But its all good. Arias is cool with Aquarias. But seriously, I don't really care.

drowe
01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Anybody that's upset about these changes, just imagine how the poor Zodiac killer feels right now.

Boston
01-21-2011, 09:47 PM
For what it's worth nobodies Zodiac changed at all, I don't know why I capitalized that actually seeing as how it's a complete crock.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/?iref=allsearch

The Jung personality types are pretty cool though, I get ENTP just about every time I take the test, with an occasional INTP slipping in there, but who knows, maybe I'm actually a genius.