PDA

View Full Version : Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

shylo3716
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I know I posted this in another Thread, but I feel as though he deserves his own so let's begin.........

When he comes in as a True Fr. starter for Terrelle Pryor I am assuming, how far do you think he will lead Ohio State in the 5 game suspension of Pryor?

If Miller does well and leads Ohio State to a winning record, does Tressel leave Miller at QB and then move Pryor to WR?

What type of sanctions will he cause Ohio State to have once he does well on the field by having a Buckeye tattoo?

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2010_2011/Football/10-06-03-FB-0145.jpg

49erNation85
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't see it happening even as a freshman .It might though, If he can go 5-0 once pryor gets back on the field he'll be back at QB .

keylime_5
i think.....this belongs in the CFB Forum.
Pryor starts once he's unsuspended without question.

Im_a_Romosexual
Where'd he get that tattoo?

keylime_5
01-13-2011, 09:59 PM
From Awesomeville.

ThePudge
01-13-2011, 10:00 PM
No need to have this in an NFL Draft forum.

ElectricEye
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Someone should really move this, yeah.

Brent
01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.

SickwithIt1010
01-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.

wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.

niel89
01-13-2011, 10:46 PM
This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.

TACKLE
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.

JPP90
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.

shylo3716
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.

I don't think he should be moved to WR, but if his NFL position may be that position he should at least play some of the position in games to maybe improve his draft status. It will not hurt to audition for scouts to potentially put a little extra change in his pockets.

JoeJoeBrown
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.

:)

I do think a lot of people are there are overlooking that game in forecasting the Buckeyes next year. Just because Da U sucked donkey balls this year, doesn't mean they won't be good next year. There is a hell of a lot of talent, and Golden should be a good coach for you guys.

I don't look forward to having a raw QB go up against that defense.

Forenci
01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!

keylime_5
01-14-2011, 09:24 AM
They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.

he's not all that bad considering he won a Rose Bowl MVP, a Sugar Bowl MVP, and had 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs as a junior.

Braxton is definitely a better pure passer coming out of high school than Pryor though. Great arm and can make all the throws.

Shane P. Hallam
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!

Bauserman for Heisman.

Smooth Criminal
01-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I really hope its Guiton starting week 1. Bauserman is god awful, and I don't wanna see Miller go against Miami and Michigan State as a true freshman.

It'll be interesting to see who Tressel decides to go with.

wonderbredd24
01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.

P-L
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.

keylime_5
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM

I think our defense is gonna have a feast in that game.

wonderbredd24
01-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.
Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.

JoeJoeBrown
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Terrelle Pryor is not very good.

This is silly. TP is not a world beater, but he is good. He will be sorely missed, barring an out of nowhere performance by Guiton or Miller.

keylime_5
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I will be surprised if we don't struggle mightily to pass the ball without Pryor. We have to be able to run the ball even when the defense knows what we're doing in order to be successful on offense consistently against the likes or Miami and Michigan State.

Smooth Criminal
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM
It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.

JoeJoeBrown
01-14-2011, 05:35 PM
It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.

Yeah the DB situation is up in the air. Also, Rod Smith is going to get a lot of PT at RB.

Still, like keylime said, we are going to be screwed because there will likely be very little passing threat. Load the box and challenge them to throw.

Old school Tressel ball gives me heartburn.

keylime_5
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
I will be worried about the DBs if we sustain even half as many injuries there as we did this past season. We get Moeller and Barnett back plus Howard and Bryant who looked really good last year, and OJ Johnson returns at strong safety. More injuries would make our secondary very vulnerable.

P-L
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.
I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.

Shane P. Hallam
01-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.

Which may happen against Miami for sure. But for the Big Ten, I'm not AS worried. MSU will be a test for sure, but the young guys played alright in the Bowl Game needing to step up. It shall be interesting.

Brent
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.
Yes it would be funny, but why USC? So he can give a water bottle to Barkley?

SickwithIt1010
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes it would be funny, but why USC? So he can give a water bottle to Barkley?

Because you open a talent like his with open arms, and play him as soon as Barkley is gone lol.

Brent
01-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Because you open a talent like his with open arms, and play him as soon as Barkley is gone lol.
Pretty sure you have to be a thrower, not a runner, to succeed in that offense.

SickwithIt1010
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Key word is talent....ill play his ass at receiver, lol. We would find somewhere for him to play.

keylime_5
01-17-2011, 09:03 PM

Miller is an excellent passer.
Not that this discussion really is necessary.

JoeJoeBrown
01-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Miller is an excellent passer.
Not that this discussion really is necessary.

Yeah, he's actually a very good passer.

NotRickJames
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
They've got five very winnable games. They could win these five if Bauserman starts.

Marshall, Miami FL, Ohio U, Eastern Michigan and Illinois.

Miami could be a minor threat, but in Columbus? Probably not. They've got to play at Illinois, which could be a toughie. Other than that I assume it'll be clear sailing.

Shane P. Hallam
01-19-2011, 04:57 AM
They've got five very winnable games. They could win these five if Bauserman starts.

Marshall, Miami FL, Ohio U, Eastern Michigan and Illinois.

Miami could be a minor threat, but in Columbus? Probably not. They've got to play at Illinois, which could be a toughie. Other than that I assume it'll be clear sailing.

I don't know what schedule you are looking at, lol.

HindSight
01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't know what schedule you are looking at, lol.
obviously the 2010 schedule instead of the 2011 one.

Shane P. Hallam
01-19-2011, 08:03 AM
obviously the 2010 schedule instead of the 2011 one.

Twas a joke my kind sir!

J52
01-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Jacory Harris was, hands down, the worse QB in college football the past two years. In the past two years he has thrown 32 picks. And he was injured for half of last year. I think Miami was like 115th in 2009 and dead last in 2010 in interceptions.

Now that he has dug his own grave, Miami really has no where to go but up.

shylo3716
01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Somewhere down the line will Miller end up experimenting or being converted to the WR position?

I think Tressel will have some plays for him as a WR.

I have the feeling scouts will knock him as a QB prospect because they will say he is too athletic.

sbh15
01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Somewhere down the line will Miller end up experimenting or being converted to the WR position?

I think Tressel will have some plays for him as a WR.

I have the feeling scouts will knock him as a QB prospect because they will say he is too athletic.

If he's a good quarterback nobody is going to knock him for being "too athletic". That's just not something that happens.

keylime_5
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I think there's gonna be some packages to get Pryor and Miller both on the field at the same time kinda like how they used Boeckman and Pryor both in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl, but this time both guys have the potential to line up out wide and catch passes on trick plays......but they aren't gonna convert Miller to WR, he'll play QB and line up elsewhere during trick plays only. No reason to waste WR reps with your future 3-year starter at QB.

And you can't be knocked for being too athletic, that's absurd. Maybe not a good enough of a passer like we're seeing with guys like Newton, Vince Young, Locker, Vick, etc. coming out of college but if they are a good passer then being athletic can only help.