PDA

View Full Version : Johanns Mock #10 (Quick Version)

johanns21
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I decided with all the annoucments and players staying to do a quick mock. The comments are shorter than normal.

1. Carolina PanthersL Nick Fairley DT Auburn
I believe this pick will come down to Bowers or Fairley. Fairley's championship game performance just solidifies his high value and he also fits a bigger need for the Panthers.

2. Denver Broncos: DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson
With John Fox now at Head Coach the Broncos will more than likley move back to the 4-3. Bowers can come in at defensive end and have Elvis Dummervill opposite of him and Robert Ayers in a backup role.

3. Buffalo Bills: Patrick Peterson CB LSU
Robert Quinn could very well be their pick, but with Peterson available it could be hard to pass him up. Drayton Florence is a free agent but its not like he isn't all world.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: AJ Green WR Georgia
To me this pick will be either AJ Green or DaQuan Bowers. With Bowers gone this is an easy pick. Green gives them a #1 a new number one receiver to pair with the other young talented receviers.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
The Cardinals pass rush has not had an impact player since Simion Rice. Their starters last year combined for only 10 sacks. Quinn is a good talent who has #1 overall pick type of talent.

6. Cleveland Browns: Marcel Dareus DE Alabama
The Browns would love for AJ Green to be available but thats not a lock to happen. Julio Jones could be a possibility if they trade down, but not here. Dareus would give them an upgrade at defensive end in their 3-4. And if they do move to a 4-3 with their new head coach, Dareus could play the 3 technique.

7. San Fransico 49ers: Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
Quarterback could be an option, but I'm not sold that any of thise quarterbacks are really worth a top 10 pick. The 49ers here get a very talented cornerback that should start immediately.

8. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbart QB Missouri
I still think that there is a good chance that none of these quarterbacks go in the top 10, but Blaine Gabbart probably has the best chance. He has all the physical tools to be a good quarterback but mentally isn't ready. With Tennessee really needing a quarterback the Titans can develop him while Kerry Collins starts. Don't forget that Jeff Fischer has stated that he feels Collins has one more year left in him.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Nate Solder OT Colorado
This may be high for Solder and I might get drilled for this pick, but thats ok. Solder's stock is realy going to soar and he is the best offensive tackle in the draft in my opinion. With the top 5 technique defensive ends and cornerbacks gone they'll have to address another postion. Their next biggest weakness is along the offensive line. Marco Columbo at right tackle needs to be replaced and Doug Free isn't setting the world on fire. Solder should be able to come in right away to compete for the left tackle spot.

10. Washington Redskins: Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
I'm not sold on Mallett this high, but quarterbacks always get over valued and the Redskins need somebody at the positon badly.

11. Houston Texans: Von Miller LB Texas A&M
I'm not a big fan of Miller this high because I question his motor, but he does have a ton of talent and with the Texans going to a 3-4 they'll need somebody at OLB to fit their scheme.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Cam Newton QB Auburn
Newton is going to ride his National Championship and Hesiman Trophy momentum all the way to a mid first round pick. I think Newton has a ton of potential, but is going to need some time to develop. The Vikings need a future and Newton is going to give them that. Just look for them to bring in a veteran to bridge the gap.

13. Detroit Lions: Akeem Ayers LB UCLA
Looks like the Lions are not going to be able to get Amukamara or Peterson in the draft and are going to have to address the spot in free agency or in the 2nd round. Here they get Ayers who is a younger more talented Julian Peterson. Jim Schwartz loves to blitz his strongside linebacker and that fits Ayers skill set.

14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones WR Alabama
Sam Bradford gets his #1 receiver here.

15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram RB Alabama
Jake Locker is available here, but I think they give Henne one more year under a new offensive cordinator. With Ricky Williams a lock not to be back and Ronnie Brown as a free agent they get the best running back in the draft and a guy that a lot of people have compared to Emmitt Smith.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Aldon Smith DE Missouri
Jacksonville really needs help rushing the passer and Smith is one of the best in the draft.

17. New England Patriots (From Oakland): Cameron Jordan DE California
The Patriots can get a very talented 5 technique defensive that they have never really replaced since Richard Seymour was traded.

18. San Diego Chargers: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
The Chargers need help at defensive end and Watt is a player whose stock is on the rise. Watt's size and strength should make him a great fit in the 3-4.

19. New York Giants: Tyron Smith OT USC
Look for the Giants to add peices to their offensive line. William Beatty was thought to be the future left tackle for the Giants but has done nothing with his opprotunities to prove that he is. Smith is a fast riser who could end up being the top LT in the draft. Great value here.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Clayborn is an excellent pass rusher and he would be a good fit in the Tampa 2. He's had a bad season, but he still has a ton of talent and will bounce back.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Justin Houston LB Georgia
Outside of Tamba Hali the Chiefs don't have any pass rush. Once Georgia switched to the 3-4 Houston took off and was unblockable.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
The one player the Colts cannot afford to lose to injury is Peyton Manning. They have to protect him and their line has been terrible all season long. Charlie Johnson is going to be a free agent and Sherrod should be able to start from day 1.

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris CB Miami
Asante Samuel is still performing at a high level, but Ellis Hobbs is probably gone and Dimitri Paterson is about the only corner that is reliable.

24. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
The Saints can use some help at defensive end where Alex Brown didn't give them the help that they were looking for. Kerrigan has a non stop motor and has the speed to rush the corner and put pressure on the quarterback.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Mike Pouncey G/C Florida
Pouncey is the best guard in the draft and will help a Seahawk line that needs improvement.

26. Green Bay Packers: Stefen Wisnewski G Penn State
Part of the Packers problem running the ball was their running backs, but the other part was their offensive line. Wisnewski can play both guard and center and his versitility will help.

27. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
The Jets could use some help at defensive end in their 3-4 defense. Heyward is best suited to play the 5 technique where he can use his size and strength to play two gaps and take on blockers.

28. Baltimore Ravens: Allen Bailey DE Miami
The Ravens don't have a ton of holes but could use some help at defensive end where they have struggled to stop the run. Bailey is a talented player that should be able to challenge Cory Redding.

29. Chicago Bears: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
The Bears need to get help at offensive line and would love for Solder, Sherrod or Smith to be available but they are all gone. Carimi would be a good consolation prize. The Outland Award Winner doesn't have elite atheltic ability and footwork, but he still has the skill set to develop into a LT with some work. He can come in and challege for the LT spot, but at worst should win the RT job and use that time to develop before sliding over to LT after a year or two. This would also give the Bears one last shot to try out Chris Williams to see if he can play LT full time.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Corey Liuget DT Illinois
The Steelers need help at defensive end and Liuget has emerged as one of the top guys in the draft.

31. Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
Tony Gonzalez is nearing the end of a hall of fame career and is more than likely going to retire soon (especially if they win the Super Bowl). Having a tight end that can be a factor in the passing game has really benefited Matt Ryan. So getting a quality player at the position should be a priority.

32. New England Patriots: Anthony Castanzo OT Boston College
The Patriots don't hav a lot of needs. An OLB to rush the quarterback is one of them, but there really isn't anybody here worth that. Castanzo doesn't fit a huge need, but he is a good value here and he gives them some insurance if they lose some to free agency.

Matthew Jones
01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd love those two, but I think the Patriots might lean towards Kerrigan over Jordan. Just a hunch.

coordinator0
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm liking Bailey less and less for the Ravens. Stopping the run isn't the issue with our line either, it's rushing the passer that we need the most help with. However the offensive line has been the biggest weakness for the team this year and we really need to address it in some way. Carimi or Castonzo would be excellent picks.

49erNation85
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Good pick for SF.Just means the QB will slip into round 2 and won't have to pay them as much lol .

J-Mike88
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
26. Green Bay Packers: Stefen Wisnewski G Penn State
Part of the Packers problem running the ball was their running backs, but the other part was their offensive line. Wisnewski can play both guard and center and his versitility will help.

Not our favorite guy, but rarely do we take the guy everyone wants (and it often works out).... but this is a very realistic selection for the Packers.

We need another OT soon though. Well unless we think TJ Lang or Marshall Marshall Marshall Newhouse is the answer there if Clifton goes down.

Nalej
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd love those two, but I think the Patriots might lean towards Kerrigan over Jordan. Just a hunch.

Me dos! (10 char)

Go_Eagles77
01-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice eagles pick.

xxxxxxxx
01-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Doug free actually is balling out so your wrong there, but it's not an awful pick. Colombo does need to be replaced. This would be optimal in a trade down to the teens.

GB12
01-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd rather much rather have Carimi if we're going offensive line.

EDIT: Especially since you'e projecting Wisnewski as a guard. If for some reason Carimi couldn't stick at tackle, he'd most definitely be a better guard than Wisnewski.

thebow305
01-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Ingram is a nice pick, but if Locker is available, we NEED to take him. We need a QB! We can get a running back at any time.

fenikz
01-14-2011, 10:10 PM
5. Arizona Cardinals: Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
The Cardinals pass rush has not had an impact player since Simion Rice. Their starters last year combined for only 10 sacks. Quinn is a good talent who has #1 overall pick type of talent.

2+1+1+2+1+6+5+5+5 = 28 not 10

I prefer Amukamara but I wouldnt hate Quinn

johanns21
01-14-2011, 10:19 PM
2+1+1+2+1+6+5+5+5 = 28 not 10

I prefer Amukamara but I wouldnt hate Quinn

I'm referring to their starting OLBers only accounting for the 10 sacks.

vidae
01-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Great KC pick.

BallerT1215
01-14-2011, 11:14 PM
DB is a strength for Buffalo.. Peterson won't be the pick..

billsfootball15
01-15-2011, 12:40 AM
brutal bills pick, McGee + McKelvin means plenty more pressing needs elsewhere...between Dareus, Quinn, and Gabbert with Fairley off the board

prock
01-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah, Newton is fine.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Perfect Bears Pick!!

regoob2
01-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Perfect Bears Pick!!
Horrible Bears pick.

T-RICH49
01-15-2011, 07:47 PM