PDA

View Full Version : My draft...like it or lump it

gouldo
01-16-2011, 04:25 AM
2011 draft. No trades....

1. Panthers Nick Fairley DE, Auburn. The biggest need and the best college defensive lineman in the country. Played big in the title game.

2. Broncos Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama. The front 3 of the Broncos needs an upgrade, and Dareus has the size & ability to step in right away. Patrick Peterson is also an option to replace Champ Bailey.

3. Bills AJ Green, WR, Georgia. Well, they need a lot, & QB is maybe the biggest needs, but I think that they will give Fitzpatrick another year, and give him a legit playmaker in Green to throw too. If they suck, they will grab Luck next year. Win/win.

4. Bengals Patrick Peterson, CB/S LSU. They need receivers but Green is gone. Peterson is the best CB/S in the draft and he bolsters there unit immeadiately.

5. Cardinals Jake Locker, QB, Washington. Warner is gone, and his replacements were awful. Locker is the 1st qb gone, and will probably start ala Bradford.

6. Browns Robert Quinn, DE, Nth Carolina Pass rush is awful, and Bowens is 33. A ready made replacement. They need a WR as well, but Jones isn’t a top 6 pick.

7. 49ers Blaine Gabbert, QB,Missouri. Like the Cards, a QB is a must. Gabbert or Mallett will be picked here.

8. Titans Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas Vince Young is gone & Collins is as old as favre (nearly). They need pass rushing help but with Mallett (or Gabbert) available at 8, then he should be picked.

9. Cowboys Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska There secondary gave up too many big plays this year, and he is the shutdown corner needed against deSean Jackson & the like.

10. Redskins Julio Jones, WR, Alabama The biggest need on a horrible team. Jones is big & fast & will replace Armstrong as the No 2 until he settles in. Cam Newton or Robert Ayers will also be in play.

11. Texans DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson Defence is the only way they will go, and as the best DE available, he will be selected here for the Texans. I can see them trading up for and CB though.

12. Vikings Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa Yeah I know, grab a QB. But Cam Newton doesn’t suit the Vikes game style & DE is a need with Edwards a FA.

13. Lions Anthony Costanzo, OT, BC There franchise QB has ended on IR twice now. They need interior lineman help & Costanzo will start inside & protect Stafford.

14. Rams Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue A fast & agile DE, he will replace james Hall as a starter & create havoc opposite Chris Long. They also need a starting WR, but none are worth a pick at 14.

15. Dolphins Mike LeShoure, RB, Illinois Brown & Williams probably wont be back, Henne is serviceable & will be better with a new OC & QB coach. RB is the biggest need. Newton is a big chance as well, but they need a RB as well. I think they will bring in Vince Young for a look anyway.

16. Jags Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. Garrard is getting on, and Newton plays a a somewhat similar game in that he can rush pretty well. Defence is an issue, but Newton being available is a bonus. Will pack the stadium as well.

17. Pats (from Raiders) Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama. Will take over from Green-Ellis and is a solid starter. The only thing lacking from the Pats is a quality running back.

18. Chargers Akeem Ayers, DE/OLB, UCLA Merriman is history and a rushing OLB would be nice. Maybe the best available at 18, and a solid choice IMO.

19. Giants Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin The G men havent upgraded there O line for a couple of years, and with Diehl 7 mcKenzie in there 30’s, replacements are needed.

20. Bucs Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pitt An extra playmaker out wide would be great for the Bucs. They need a big No 2 opposite Mike Williams. OLB & DE are also considered.

21. Chiefs Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M Quick & faqst, can get to the QB. KC have 2 Lb headed for FA, so, insurance wise Miller is the selection.

22. Colts Nate Solder, OT, Colorado Manning needs O Line help. Solder is tall, has good size & is quite quick. Sherrod is also a chance.

23. Eagles Quan Sturdivant, ILB, Nth Carolina ILB needs to be shored up & Sturdivant although not big is quick & a good tackler. He should replace Chaney in the middle.

24. Saints Bruce Carter, OLB Nth Carolina. They really missed Fujita this year, and that 57 yard run by Lynch really showed up there defensive deficiancies. Carter is the choice.

The rest are where I think they will finish….playoff wise.

25. Seahawks Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon A steal here for the hawks. Paea is strong & an ideal pick here as Colin Cole is 30 this year. RB may be considered, but who?

26. Ravens Derek Sherod, OT, Mississippi A player who can get the running game going again & help protect Flacco. The Ravens rarely miss with 1st round picks.

27. Falcons Allen Bailey, DE, Miami A fast DE who can rush the passer. Will compliment Jon Abraham on the other side.

28. Bears Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame The biggest issue on the team is WR. Floyd is a big target who although may be a bit of a reach in the 1st, fills the biggest need.

29. Jets Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St Replaces Jason Taylor as the OLB pass rusher. Has great speed for his size.

30. Steelers DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas. Flozell Adams wont go on much longer, & Love is the best available O lineman available. They may look at WR, and at CB, but OT is there pick.

31. Packers Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida. Woodson is old, and behind him is not a lot. Jenkins falls this far because the 5 or 6 teams above have bigger issues than CB/S

32. Pats Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal 2 picks again in the 1st round. No wonder that pats are always in the top echelon in the nfl. Jordan will step in & replace Ninkovich. Can play 34/43.

So, thats it. No trades although I can see the Cowboys and the Texans trading up, the dolphins possibly trading down.

It's not what everyone would want, but its what i see as possibly happeneing.

PS, sorry about the format. word shuffled it all around. looks crap

SimonRath
01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
Michael Floyd isn't available.

fenikz
01-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Locker is a huge reach at 5 and would cost a ton of guaranteed money for such a high risk project. Whis has at most 2 years of losing left before he would get fired, going with any rookie in this class would basically guarantee his demise and it simply isn't going to happen. Amukamara, Quinn or Bowers(maybe we go 4-3) are the likely picks.

AkiliSmith
01-16-2011, 07:59 AM
If the Bengals take a ******* corner over Bowers I will flip a ******* lid

luckyjackaubrey
01-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Pats will not take a RB in the first round, there is no need, or atleast not as pressing as other areas (DL, OLB, OL).

Jordan would not be a bad pick but he would not be replacing Nink, he is an OLB and Jordan a big two gap DE.

Nalej
01-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Ingram is a terrible pick
OL, OLB and arguably WR are bigger needs

GatorsBullsFan
01-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Michael Floyd isn't available.

neither is Janoris Jenkins

SimonRath
01-16-2011, 09:29 AM
neither is Janoris Jenkins

i was expecting to see Luck as the #1 pick.

Fred Savage
01-16-2011, 09:30 AM
A couple of screw ups, but overall I like this mock, good job.

Draft King
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
A couple of screw ups, but overall I like this mock, good job.

Still alive?

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Wisniewski should be the Bears pick

EstablishTheRun
01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
patriots taking a runningback in the 1st round? good one, im sure they're worried about green-ellis and woodhead and are looking to find the next maroney.

no way the bucs go WR, mike williams, benn, and stroughter are enough right now, there are bigger holes on defense like DE, they can grab leonard hankerson in the 2nd round if they really need a WR

Matthew Jones
01-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I was going to criticize the Ingram pick but none of the guys between #18 and #31 seemed like better values, so that one is okay, and Jordan is a steal at the end of the first.

49erNation85
01-16-2011, 11:49 AM
If we have to take Gaybbert , I will diss own them for the season.Skip the QB round then go draft Stanzi or some one else in round 2 .

Legacy
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM
20. Bucs Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pitt An extra playmaker out wide would be great for the Bucs. They need a big No 2 opposite Mike Williams. OLB & DE are also considered.
Huh? The Bucs have Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter and Dezmon Briscoe in addition to Mike Williams.

They do NOT need another wide receiver.

bullg8rdaddy
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Huh? The Bucs have Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter and Dezmon Briscoe in addition to Mike Williams.

They do NOT need another wide receiver.

/facepalm at this pick.

bigbuc
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
NO WAY the Bucs take a WR

jrdrylie
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Why do people continue to mock Mallet/Newton to the Jaguars? Gene Smith has made it a top priority to get rid of guys with character issues. He will not draft either of them.

And WR being the Bears biggest problem? Not even close. Anybody who has watched a single drive of the the Bears this season knows offensive line is the biggest issue. DT and CB are bigger holes too. Unless AJ Green or Julio Jones miraculously falls to us, we will not draft a WR in round one and probably not round two either.

BallerT1215
01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Love the Bills pick..

thebow305
01-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I like LeShoure, but if we pass on Mark Ingram AND Cam Newton, I'll ******* lose it!

prock
01-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Not a fan of this VIkings pick.

Hurricanes25
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
29. Jets Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St Replaces Jason Taylor as the OLB pass rusher. Has great speed for his size.

Great pick but your explanation is wrong. He'll be playing 5 tech (DE) in our 3-4 defense. He won't be an OLB.

noondog
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Not a fan of the Lions pick, especially projecting him as an interior lineman. Tackle, meh. Guard? Fail.

gouldo
01-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I know you cant please everyone.

I hadnt heard about Malcolm Floyd or jenkins returning to college. Thanks.