PDA

View Full Version : Torrey Smith or Titus Young?

thegreatone
01-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Who do you think will be the better pro? And who does each remind you of?

JaxJag_1
01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Titus Young. The comparisons to Mike Wallace are pretty good.

FUNBUNCHER
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Torrey Smith = Roddy White

SeanTaylorRIP
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Titus IMO is the better deep threat but Torrey is the guy who has #1 potential and is probably a bit more refined. Torrey might actually run a better 40 than Titus.

Docta
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Titus Young. The comparisons to Mike Wallace are pretty good.
Young won't be that productive. I think Maclin is a better comparison.

JaxJag_1
01-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Young won't be that productive. I think Maclin is a better comparison.

Both are pretty fair comparisons. Titus has some real potential.

Cicero
01-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Maclin is a lot bigger and plays a lot bigger than Young.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Titus Young is better. Torrey Smith is overrated,and should have stayed in school.

Docta
01-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Maclin is a lot bigger and plays a lot bigger than Young.
Maclin and Wallace are the same height/weight. And Young is only 170 pounds, so there won't be a lot of people with the same size as him.

Terpfan82
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Overrated are you serious smith has only played the receiver position for 3.5 yrs and received his degree on top of that he had a high ankle sprain the majority of last season the game he was 100 percent was the nc state game 14 224 4 tds I see him being a number 1 receiver at the next level

regoob2
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Overrated are you serious smith has only played the receiver position for 3.5 yrs and received his degree on top of that he had a high ankle sprain the majority of last season the game he was 100 percent was the nc state game 14 224 4 tds I see him being a number 1 receiver at the next level

No bias right.

JHL6719
01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Titus Young has always reminded me of a bit of a poor man's Ted Ginn... just about the same size and play the game similar.

I think Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin are both good comparisons for Torrey Smith. I think Smith has better #1 WR potential, while Young will be best as a slot/deep threat.

A Perfect Score
01-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Definitely Torrey Smith. He's got #1 potential down the road. The Roddy White comparison is actually pretty good. I think he's got a shot at the late first, especially with Floyd and Blackmon going back to school. Titus Young is more of a 3rd round guy IMO. Lots of potential, but Ill take Smith 10 times out of 10.

Shane P. Hallam
01-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Titus Young has always reminded me of a bit of a poor man's Ted Ginn... just about the same size and play the game similar.

I think Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin are both good comparisons for Torrey Smith. I think Smith has better #1 WR potential, while Young will be best as a slot/deep threat.

Those were comparisons for Titus Young...

JHL6719
01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Those were comparisons for Titus Young...

Yeah I know but I'm saying I think they're both good comparisons for Torrey Smith. Especially from size/speed ratio standpoint.

Much more comparable to Smith as a prospect than Titus Young. I always come back to the poor man's Ted Ginn for Titus Young.

ElectricEye
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Torrey Smith. He's going to be the more complete receiver going forward, although Young is a better deep threat.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Terp fan stop crying. Am also a huge Maryland fan,but I have to now use my NFL scout eye not my homer Terp fan eye to fairly jugde Torrey. Is he fast yes. did he get 1000 yards this season? yes. But he is still a body catcher ,and because of that drops to many catches . IF he would have stayed in school he would have needed to work on catching the football away from his body. #2 he disappears in some games. Navy game,east carolina bowl game had less than 30 yards in each game.#3 will he be able to get Seperation vs NFL corners? Am not so sure,while he does run the 40 sub 4.39. I don't think he has the elite stop then in two steps cut on a dime and get to full speed. Torrey is a deep threat because he get faster the deeper and straighter the route. Reminds me of Rody White. He has the skills to be a #1 receiver,but he is not there yet. Titus Young is 5'10 180 more quick, white Torrey at 6'1 208 is faster has more speed. Young is a slot guy good handed runs smooth clean routes. Young height will not let him become a #1 guy. He is not Steve Smith explosive, more like Maclin. I have watched Torrey play for three years, and every year he got better as a receiver and is a total football player. He should go late first no longer than mind 2nd. Special teams bonus as a kick returner will help him too.

thegreatone
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah I know but I'm saying I think they're both good comparisons for Torrey Smith. Especially from size/speed ratio standpoint.

Much more comparable to Smith as a prospect than Titus Young. I always come back to the poor man's Ted Ginn for Titus Young.
Did Ginn even know how to run routes?

JHL6719
01-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Did Ginn even know how to run routes?

No. I think that's where Titus Young is more polished.

I thought about a poor man's Desean Jackson comparison, or a rich man's Mardy Gilyard.... or a more polished Johnny Knox.

I don't know I think you can find ways to make several comparisons for any of these prospects, it just depends on how you look at them. There's going to be differences reguardless.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Young is no where near as fast as both Knox or Gin. Young is a 4.46 guy. While Knox any Gin run sub 4.37/40. No. I think that's where Titus Young is more polished.

I thought about a poor man's Desean Jackson comparison, or a rich man's Mardy Gilyard.... or a more polished Johnny Knox.

I don't know I think you can find ways to make several comparisons for any of these prospects, it just depends on how you look at them. There's going to be differences reguardless.