1) Jerrigan
2) Randall Cobb
3)Titus Young
4) Matt Szczur
5) Jeremy Kerley

what about you guys?

Go_Eagles77
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I think Austin Pettis is a better fit in the slot than Young. He's the type of guy you want on the field on 3rd downs.

marks01234
01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
nmm z

keylime_5
01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Sanzenbacher, Dane.

JaxJag_1
01-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Matt Szczur, hands down.

TheDoctor8
01-17-2011, 04:24 AM
This whole "slot receiver" thing is so annoying. Most teams move around their best receiver, so why would a team want to draft a guy who can only play the slot?

Look at Detroit. Who is the best Receiver on the outside? Calvin Johnson. Who is best receiver in the slot? Calvin Johnson.

The TS has Jernigan as the #1 slot receiver but would you rather have him in the slot or AJ Green?

Quailman
01-17-2011, 07:21 AM
http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0020/91/FD/91FDC8D796F2BFA16FC6AA_Large.jpg

Ahmad Black. Obviously. He is small. He is quick. He runs with the ball nicely. He has the heart of a big horn sheep. Only negative is that he isn't white.

regoob2
01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
I really like Ronald Johnson' potential there.

brasho
01-17-2011, 07:48 AM
http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0020/91/FD/91FDC8D796F2BFA16FC6AA_Large.jpg

Ahmad Black. Obviously. He is small. He is quick. He runs with the ball nicely. He has the heart of a big horn sheep. Only negative is that he isn't white.

Wow, I just looked at that handy dandy picture you provided... and he's not white! Now I'm going to have to go back and shuffle my draft board. Thanks for the extremely obvious and slightly racist comment about a safety in a conversation about WRs that play the slot!

Day One Pick
01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Wow, I just looked at that handy dandy picture you provided... and he's not white! Now I'm going to have to go back and shuffle my draft board. Thanks for the extremely obvious and slightly racist comment about a safety in a conversation about WRs that play the slot!

I think his point was that because of Wes Welker, many do assume small, quick, white guys make the best slot receivers.

Anyways...

Randall Cobb, 5-11, 190, Kentucky *

Dwayne Harris, 5-10, 205, East Carolina

Torrey Smith, 6-1, 205, Maryland*

Jerrel Jernigan, 5-9, 190, Troy

Titus Young, 5-11, 180, Boise State

Tandon Doss, 6-3, 200, Indiana*

Matt Szczur, 5-11, 205, Villanova

Cecil Shorts III, 6-0, 190, Mount Union

Ronald Johnson, 5-11, 187, Southern California

Aldrick Robinson, 5-10, 175, Southern Methodist

Jeremy Kerley, 5-10, 192, Texas Christian (WR)

Vincent Brown, 6-0, 195, San Diego State

Dane Sanzenbacher, 5-11, 182, Ohio State

David Gilreath, 5-11, 170, Wisconsin

Tyrod Taylor, 6-1, 212, Virginia Tech (QB)

Dwight Dasher, 5-10, 202, Middle Tennessee State (QB)

and...Ahmad Black

brasho
01-17-2011, 07:58 AM
I think his point was that because of Wes Welker, many do assume small, quick, white guys make the best slot receivers.

Yeah, but don't WRs usually make the best slot WRs? Not collegiate S's?

Day One Pick
01-17-2011, 08:04 AM

Typically yeah...

Something tells me he was being sarcastic...

Quailman
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/980203/over-your-head-o.gif

Day One Pick
01-17-2011, 08:18 AM

What about small purple guys...good slot receivers?

JHL6719
01-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Pilares, Kealoha
Cobb, Randall
Johnson, Ronald
Jernigan, Jerrell
Young, Titus
Robinson, Aldrick
Harris, Dwayne
Kerley, Jeremy
Jones, Gerald
Gilreath, David
Shorts, Cecil
McKnight, Scotty
Szczur, Matt
Gates, Edmund

SenorGato
01-17-2011, 08:27 AM
I like Ryan Whalen from Stanford for some reason...as a 7th round/UDFA type guy.

brasho
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM

I hope that isn't that stupid puppet guy (with the Peanut) on that link.

The new cult I just joined expressly prohibits me from partaking in or even talking to people that enjoy the comedic stylings of that stupid puppet guy or Jeff Foxworthy.

TheRoo
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Dane Sanzenbacher is going to make some team awfully happy.

SolidGold
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Jerrigan is the best in the class IMO. Every time I see Sanzenbacher play he makes big plays though, I always come away impressed with him. He makes some really acrobatic catches to and provides the qb a bigger target than you would think.

ElectricEye
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Randall Cobb and it really isn't all that close. One of the best slot receiver type guys to come along in awhile. Could end up going in the late first round to some team.

Quailman
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Randall Cobb and it really isn't all that close. One of the best slot receiver type guys to come along in awhile. Could end up going in the late first round to some team.

There is nothing special about Randall Cobb. He isn't fast, he isn't big, he isn't strong, he isn't that great after the catch, he uses his body to catch, he doesn't run good routes, his elusiveness is terribly overrated and he usually gets tackled by the first guy.

Randall Cobb brings a ton of intangible stuff to the table and he is versatile. That is what Randall Cobb brings to the table. He isn't ready to contribute and given his lack of skill or talent in any particular area of the game (master of nothing) I don't think he'll ever be a big contributor to an offense at the NFL level. Maybe if you're lucky he can turn into a decent slot guy, returner and trick play guy but his complete lack of technical skill will keep him from being drafted as highly as the first or second round and I think taking him in the third would be a reach.

People here are comparing him to Maclin but he isn't Maclin, Maclin was bigger, stronger, faster, had better hands, made more big plays, was more experienced and was a YAC monster at Missouri. Randall Cobb is going to be an Antwaan Randle-El clone, in terms of size, speed and athletic ability they're clones (Link (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=60056&draftyear=2002&genpos=WR)) and I believe they've got similar amounts of upside, not much.

Limited athlete. Isn't good technically. Not a great feel for one particular spot. Try hard guy. I'll pass.

ElectricEye
01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I think his physical ability is massively overrated(he'll likely run 4.5), but he's really not as bad of a receiver as you are making him out to be. A little on the raw side, but not really that much. He's a pretty good route runner for a guy that's only played the position for a limited number of time. Despite his relative lack of speed, he's very good in space and doesn't have any issue whatsoever making one cut and getting up the field. His catch radius is pretty good for a guy his size and he's a good hands catcher. Would I want him to line up in man coverage on the outside and tell him to beat his guy? No I wouldn't. He's too easy to jam and run with. But with an inside release and quick throws I think he could very easily be an integral part of an NFL offense.

Quailman
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
But with an inside release and quick throws I think he could very easily be an integral part of an NFL offense.

So you're willing to spend a first round draft pick on a guy who can't play on the outside and would be ineffective outside of inside release routes he gets? Personally I wouldn't want to spend a first round pick on a guy who could only run about half the route tree effectively.

D-Unit
01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Greg Salas and Kealoha Pilares.

wsqqmN-ffeY

PkrdMuaQoOI

bigfreak314
01-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I think Cobb would be the best fit for slot WR

Mr.Regular
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I love Austin Pettis as a slot guy. Tough, good hands, good route running. Doesn't have the skills to necessarily translate out wide, but he should excel in the slot.

ElectricEye
01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
So you're willing to spend a first round draft pick on a guy who can't play on the outside and would be ineffective outside of inside release routes he gets? Personally I wouldn't want to spend a first round pick on a guy who could only run about half the route tree effectively.

I'm not willing. Just echoing what others have said about where he could possibly go.

He's a luxury pick for sure. You don't draft a guy like Cobb high unless you're looking for the guy to complete your receiving core. Not the guy you go to if you're trying to rebuild or start a new one. But in this era of passing, guys who can move the chains and make plays in space off the short passes are always in high demand.

SickwithIt1010
01-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Greg Salas, Hawaii

Menardo75
01-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Greg Salas, Hawaii

Beat me to it Salas will be a late round pick that will have a huge rookie year for someone.

Hokie_Pokie08
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Matt Szczur is going to play baseball instead of trying the NFL.

87Canes
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Greg Salas = Glenn Martinez

Dude will not be a factor in the NFL

D-Unit
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Greg Salas = Glenn Martinez

Dude will not be a factor in the NFL
LOL. Who is Glenn Martinez???

Seriously though, what makes you doubt Salas? I know his speed is something I'm curious about, but other than that, I have a hard time finding a flaw that would prevent him from being successful in the slot.

xxxxxxxx
01-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Salas is a boss. 5th rounnd or later and it's a major steal.

thenewfeature06
01-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Martavious Odoms is a guy a like but I think is a sophmore, but sombody eligible I would have to say maybe James Rodgers from Oregon State.

Sniper
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Martavious Odoms is a guy a like but I think is a sophmore, but sombody eligible I would have to say maybe James Rodgers from Oregon State.

Martavious Odoms is a junior. He is also a ************* boss.

Docta
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
The Cubs just signed Szczur. Won't be playing in the NFL anytime soon.

A Perfect Score
01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
This thread should begin and end with Jerrell Jernigan. He's Percy Harvin 2.0. He's going to be a major weapon in the NFL. One of my favorite prospects in this class. I actually think he could have success outside the slot as well, a la Desean Jackson.

JoeJoeBrown
01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
He may not be the flashiest player, but Dane Sanzenbacher is going to be a great NFL WR. All he does is catch balls anywhere on the field.

If you look at the great receivers in the NFL, the vast majority are not the burner types. They are fast, but not the fastest. More important is hands, route running, recognition of defenses, blocking, and toughness.

That kid does all of the above. He'll be "slow" at 4.55 or 4.6. Whoopideedoo. He'll catch almost every ball thrown at him. He'll be a mid-round steal, probably in the 4th or 5th. He should be a top 15 receiver, but he'll likely end up top 40.

trojanbrutha
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
TonyPauline (http://twitter.com/#!/TonyPauline) Tony Pauline
Jerrel Jernigan/WR/Troy St was injured in training and is out of the Senior bowl. Terrence Tolliver/LSU takes spot
2 hours ago

ATLDirtyBirds
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
TonyPauline (http://twitter.com/#!/TonyPauline) Tony Pauline
Jerrel Jernigan/WR/Troy St was injured in training and is out of the Senior bowl. Terrence Tolliver/LSU takes spot
2 hours ago

Damn. I really wanted to see him in action.

yourfavestoner
01-19-2011, 11:59 AM
LOL. Who is Glenn Martinez???

Seriously though, what makes you doubt Salas? I know his speed is something I'm curious about, but other than that, I have a hard time finding a flaw that would prevent him from being successful in the slot.

My GF used to rent out a room from his family. We're definitely pulling for him.

thenewfeature06
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Martavious Odoms is a junior. He is also a ************* boss.

Really like him, my buddy is Michigan fan and in college 2010 I think he would kill, he has sec speed.

Sniper
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Really like him, my buddy is Michigan fan and in college 2010 I think he would kill, he has sec speed.

Kind of torn on that one. On one hand, he apparently beat everyone (yes, even Denard) in spring practice in a 40-yard dash, clocking in at 4.35. On the other hand, he plays quicker than fast. He doesn't run past people as much as he runs around them, if that makes sense. Put him 1 on 1 against a LB and the LB dies. Odoms' cuts are just crazy. Plus, he's Michigan's best blocking WR despite being 5'8", 175 pounds. There's a reason besides level of competition that Denard had a lot less explosive runs (ha!) when Odoms went down with an injury. Odoms is damn good as a blocker.

trojanbrutha
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Damn. I really wanted to see him in action.

RT @jernigan3: To everyone out there wondering about my injury, its nothing major...just want to make sure im a 100% for the combine!!! #TroyNation

thenewfeature06
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Kind of torn on that one. On one hand, he apparently beat everyone (yes, even Denard) in spring practice in a 40-yard dash, clocking in at 4.35. On the other hand, he plays quicker than fast. He doesn't run past people as much as he runs around them, if that makes sense. Put him 1 on 1 against a LB and the LB dies. Odoms' cuts are just crazy. Plus, he's Michigan's best blocking WR despite being 5'8", 175 pounds. There's a reason besides level of competition that Denard had a lot less explosive runs (ha!) when Odoms went down with an injury. Odoms is damn good as a blocker.

He probably is one there faster players no doubt but yeah I understand what you mean, his long speed is really good but he is better at getting in and out of cuts probably which is great for slots. I have not watched him a ton as far as route running but he gets open alot I think. Also, that is news to me as far as blocking but awesome news.. that is a guy who loves football I am guessing.

Wrathman
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
RT @jernigan3: To everyone out there wondering about my injury, its nothing major...just want to make sure im a 100% for the combine!!! #TroyNation

Damage control.

Scotty D
01-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Jeff Maehl, WR - Oregon

ellsy82
01-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I like Armon Binns of Cincy and Greg Salas of Hawaii. Both of those guys show the toughness necessary to catch the difficult passes over the middle and clutch catches in coverage.

JaxJag_1
01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Now that Szczur is out, Salas is my #1 rated slot WR

nepg
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Seizure's the guy I'd want if I was looking for a slot receiver. Hoping the Chiefs pull the trigger on him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Sniper
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Seizure's the guy I'd want if I was looking for a slot receiver. Hoping the Chiefs pull the trigger on him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Szczur won't be in the NFL Draft.

DBNYDP
01-22-2011, 12:42 AM
I'd like to throw Dwayne Harris's name out there.

JustDezIT
05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I'd like to throw Dwayne Harris's name out there.

I'm so stoked Dallas got him. I think he's goign to kill it in the slot.

Jernigan, Cobb, and Harris I think are going to carve out the best careers out of the guys mentioned.