PDA

View Full Version : SenorMysterioso's 2 Rd Mock; 16 Jan 2011

senormysterioso
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I just hammered out my first mock of the year, now that we all but the last four picks and most of the underclassmen declaring.

1. Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley, DT Auburn; They have almost nothing on offense, and an adequate defense. That said, Fairley is the most talented prospect and I think he’ll be the Panthers choice if they stay in the pick. Cam Newton is a real possibility here if he has a great offseason, like I’m sure he will.

2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB/S LSU; Peterson is as good a CB (yes Cornerback!) prospect as we’ve seen in awhile. The Broncos have needs to address on the defensive line and Bowers has a lot of talent, but they shouldn’t pass on Peterson.

3. Buffalo Bills: Cameron Newton, QB Auburn; I wanted to hate the guy all year, but I can’t. He’s big, strong, fast, and he can throw it. The comparisons to Vince Young are only natural, but I see a more athletic Ben Roethlisberger or maybe Steve McNair.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR Georgia; Da’Quan Bowers would also be a great pick here, but they’re moving on from the Ocho/TO show. They have a good group of young receivers but none of them strike me as that #1 go to guy. AJ Green is maybe just a hair below the Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson level of wide receiver prospect but he is an elite talent.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska; They don’t have much of a pass rush, so Robert Quinn would fit here as well, but DRC, Rhodes, Wilson, Amukamara might be enough to give the guys they have that extra second to get there.

6. Cleveland Browns: Da’Quan Bowers, DE Clemson, I like him a little more in a 4-3 but he’s too good to pass up at this point. They would be on their knees praying that AJ Green slipped a few more spots if it shook out like this though.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Jake Locker, QB Washington; I still believe in Jack Locker, and Harbaugh has seen plenty of him, and he’s one of those “quarterback gurus” that could really work with Lockers physical abilities.

8. Tennessee Titans: Marcel Dareus, DT Alabama; Their defense was pretty nasty this year and a big body up front could put them over the top. If they don’t get Haynesworth they’re probably going to look to draft a big DT. Bud Adams begrudgingly gave up on Vince Young, so he might insist that they draft Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Mallett here.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa, They need a defensive end that they can hang their hats on. There is going to be a lot of turnover on the D-line this offseason in Dallas. They also need a corner but the value is not there.

10. Washington Redskins: Blaine Gabbert, QB Missouri; Sure, they say they want to keep McNabb, maybe they even do…but Gabbert screams Redskins to me. Snyder is just one of us with a much bigger checkbook. He’s prone to buy into hype and I think Gabbert is going to get quite a bit of it. This is as far as Cam Newton will fall in my opinion.

11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn, OLB North Carolina; they’re making the switch to 3-4 and nobody has any idea how their best player will fit into that defense. Quinn is great value here and fills a need, no brainer.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas; They might have something with Joe Webb, but Mallett’s big arm with receivers like Harvin and Rice would be hard to pass up.

13. Detroit Lions: Aldon Smith, DE Missouri; He’s supposed to be a physical specimen the likes of Jason Pierre-Paul last year. The Lions have some studs on their defensive line but they need a pass rusher opposite KVB. I’m sure they’re hoping that one of the corners fall, but it’s unlikely they will.

14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones, WR Alabama; They’ve got a real deal quarterback in St Louis and Jackson still has some tread on his tires, but they need to surround Bradford with weapons. They found some young receivers that stepped up last year, but like Cincy, none of them are really #1 go to guys. Bradford to Jones could be the start of the next greatest show on turf.

15. Miami Dolphins: Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin; They’re going to need a running back but I don’t think there is a running back worth being the 15th overall pick in this draft. Carimi and Long would give them a pair of giant stud Big 10 tackles to punch holes for whoever they happen to put at running back. They’re also probably looking for a quarterback, maybe a good candidate to sign a veteran though. (Vince Young?)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin; Consecutive Badgers taken in the first round. Kampman went down with another ACL this year, and they were not able to get to the quarterback . J.J. has been a pleasure to watch at UW the last few years and he’s a bigger, stronger, faster, more physically gifted version of Kampman.

17. New England Patriots: Ryan Kerrigan OLB/DE Purdue, The Patriots really need pass rushers. Their performance against the Jets really showed how much they need some more playmakers on defense.

18. San Diego Chargers: Cameron Hayward, DE Ohio State; They need guys in a lot of places on defense. Cam Hayward’s combination of strength and athleticism could get them an anchor at the 5-technique to build around.

19. New York Giants: Tyron Smith OT USC, I think Smith has the potential to be the best tackle of the class. The Giants need a linebacker that can make plays and create turnovers but I don’t really see that with the available players.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA, I don’t know why but when I look at him I see a Buccaneer. He’s big and fast, but he didn’t have a great year. He should work out well and climb a bit.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Stephen Paea, DT Oregon State, They really need somebody to play nose tackle, I don’t know if Paea can do it, but he’s really the only candidate with first round value other than Nevis, who is a 3-technique.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castanzo, OT Boston College, Peyton Manning with time is the scariest thing in football. The Colts need to find guys that can keep the pass rush out of his face to allow Peyton to dissect defenses.

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris, CB Miami; They need a starter opposite Asanti Samuels and Harris is the best available.

24. New Orleans Saints: Drake Nevis, DT LSU, I think New Orleans would be sprinting to the podium with this pick. Homegrown kid with a ton of ability at a position of need, yes please. They’ve got a bunch of decisions to make as far as free agents go, so we’ll have to see how that shakes out to really figure out what they’ll be looking for.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Mike Pouncey, C/G Florida; he’s not the player that his brother is, but he’s still good in his own right. The Seahawks have some holes to fill, but I think that they shy away from the skill positions after investing in Clipboard Jesus, Beast Mode, and Mike Williams. You would think that they have to give those guys at least one full season.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Mason Foster, LB Washington; Mason Foster is a stud, may not be you’re prototypical 3-4 thumper or your typical outside pass rusher but what he is, is an instinctive, fast sideline-to-sideline type player like Rey Lewis.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Cameron Jordan, DE Cal; they could not get pressure on the quarterback opposite Abraham this year. Jordan could be a good rotational player with Bierman if they bring him back.

28. New England Patriots: Allen Bailey, DE Miami; Dude is just a freak, Kerrigan and Bailey could be the new generation of Seymore and Vrabel.

29. New York Jets*: Von Miller, Texas A&M; Jason Taylor is over the hill and the value is simply too good to pass up with this pick.

30. Chicago Bears*: Nate Solder, OT Colorado; Their offensive line isn’t good. They started off the season being atrocious, so they’re better…but still not good.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers*: Ben Ijalana, OT/OG Villanova; didn’t know who he was until I saw him on Kiper’s big board. I looked him up and when I was watching his tape he looked like a Steeler lineman, he’s really big, he can run block, and he can pass block.

32. Green Bay Packers*: Justin Houston, OLB Georgia; We’ve had to use a bunch of guys opposite Clay Matthews. Houston had a good year and he’s a legit first rounder. Mark Ingram is still on the board, and I’m not ready to call James Starks the answer yet, but Houston is my pick here.

Second round

33.New England Patriots: Steven Wisniewski, C Penn State
34.Denver Broncos: Corey Liuget, DE/DT Illinois
35.Buffalo Bills: Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi St
36.Cincinnati Bengals: Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
37.Arizona Cardinals: Travis Lewis, OLB Oklahoma
38.Cleveland Browns: Jon Baldwin, WR Pitt
39.San Francisco 49ers: Aaron Williams, CB Texas
40.Tennessee Titans: Martez Wilson, LB Illinois
41.Dallas Cowboys: Rahim Moore, S UCLA
42.Washington Redskins: Mikel Leshoure, RB Illinois
43.Houston Texans: Phil Taylor, NT Baylor
44.Minnesota Vikings: Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado
45.Detroit Lions: Ras-I Dowling, CB Virginia
46.St. Louis Rams: Lance Kendricks, TE Wisconsin
47.Denver Broncos: Jerrel Jernigan, WR Troy
48.Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Carter, S Oklahoma
49.Oakland Raiders: DeMarcus Love, OT Arkansas
50.San Diego Chargers: Bruce Carter, OLB North Carolina
51.New York Giants: Quan Sturdivant, ILB North Carolina
52. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Burton, CB Utah
53.Kansas City Chiefs: Orlando Franklin, OG Miami
54.Indianapolis Colts: Jason Pinkston, OT Pitt
55.Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame
56.New Orleans Saints: Ryan Williams, RB Virginia Tech
57.Seattle Seahawks: Greg Jones, OLB Michigan State
58.Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
59.Baltimore Ravens: Jurrell Casey, DT - USC
60.New England Patriots: Jeremy Beal, OLB Oklahoma
61.San Diego Chargers*: Rodney Hudson, C/G Florida State
62.Chicago Bears*: Marvin Austin, DT North Carolina
63.Pittsburgh Steelers*: Curtis Brown, CB Texas
64.Green Bay Packers*: Marcus Cannon, G TCU

shylo3716
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I just hammered out my first mock of the year, now that we all but the last four picks and most of the underclassmen declaring.

23. Philadelphia Eagles[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]: Brandon Harris, CB Miami; They need a starter opposite Asanti Samuels and Harris is the best available.

Thank you my friend.......Cheesesteak on me from me to you anyway you want it.

http://www.foodsacrossamerica.com/assets/item/large/081808_FAA-2101.jpg

Master Exploder
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I like Leonard Hankerson in the 2nd. It would be ideal for me honestly, but the Cameron Jordan pick makes me scratch my head a bit.

For one, I don't think Cameron Jordan will be available past pick 20.

For two, he's a 34 DE. I like his motor and he'll be a pretty good pass rusher, but we'd probably take someone who would be a better fit in the 43 defense.

senormysterioso
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I just couldn't get him off the board. Maybe the Chiefs or Chargers? But I like Paea and Hayward where they are respectively.

jj45
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice bears mock give us Mr Baldwin in the second and that philly cheese steak and its perfect

jrdrylie
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
In this scenario, I'd prefer Sherrod over Solder. I think he is the better prospect and fits their scheme a little better. I'm seeing Marvin Austin to the Bears in round 2 a lot. I know we need a DT and Austin is a great talent, but he has never put it together. Iy sucks to see Hudson (one of my favorite prospects) go one pick earlier, but in this scenario, I think I would like Sione Fua.

fenikz
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't see Lewis' fit in a 3-4, I guess Martez Wilson could play ILB but OLB is a much greater need as you said in the 1st round. I don't think it's a reach but you have him going late 2nd, Jeremy Beal would be great at OLB

obv Amukamara in the 1st = complete and total win

Go_Eagles77
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM
I like Harris, but Rudolph in the 2nd doesn't make much sense. Marcus Cannon would be ideal there.

prock
01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Love this Vikings mock. A lot.

49erNation85
01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
excellent pick for SF . I would almost take Jimmy Smith over that selection you have in the second round.

JRTPlaya21
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Solid Skins mock I guess. Not 100% sold on Gabbert yet but guess we would have to see in that instance.

Caddy
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Considering the Buccaneers sack leader this season had 4.5 sacks, I can't see how we don't take a DE in the first two rounds.

scar988
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM
if we bring Biermann back? Biermann is still under contract for another year.

drd23
01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Cam Jordan is a better pick for the Ravens in the 1st. Upgrading the pass rush from the 3-4 DE position is the teams equal biggest need (with a RT) and Jordan would give us that whilst being solid against the run too.

In the 2nd, either Jeremy Beal or Marcus Cannon would be the pick seeing as how we would pick Jordan in the 1st and wouldnt need Casey

thebow305
01-16-2011, 11:50 PM
We need a guard, not a tackle. But it's definitely not a first round need IMO. So instead of Carimi, Mark Ingram should be the pick. We will most likely enter the draft with no running backs under contract, so that will be near the top of the needs list.

jCut
01-17-2011, 01:04 AM
No way Denver only picks one front-seven prospect in the first three picks. Jerrigan is a nice player but we already have a similar player in Eddie Royal and we don't need any more receivers.

Brown Leader
01-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Wow Mason Foster in the 1st. I dig it. Can't complain on those Browns picks.

DiG
01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
not at all sold on gabbert yet. if shanahan is than fine. well see what happens. hes a better fit than mallett. i dont like the leshoure pick in rd 2. we have too many other needs and shanahan is way more likely to pick trenches or linebacker early than runningback.

senormysterioso
01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Love Mason Foster, I've watched a bunch of Washington games because I'm an insomniac and ESPN put a ton of Washington games on because they thought Locker would be the slam dunk number 1 overall, Heisman winner. He's all over the field, I think he's got to be a first round pick.

bored of education
01-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Paea can not play 2 gap NT in RC's scheme at all.

T-RICH49
01-17-2011, 10:36 AM
bad KC draft.Miller & Hankerson >>>> Paea and Franlin

Matthew Jones
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I like all of New England's picks, but they will probably only draft one linebacker. What about replacing Kerrigan with Cameron Heyward (for some reason, just seems like the Patriots will draft a lineman first, at least in terms of fitting the M.O.) and Allen Bailey (who's not the best fit around) with Nate Solder (seems kind of like Vollmer, who the Patriots obviously liked.)

Poz51
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I3. Buffalo Bills: Cameron Newton, QB Auburn; I wanted to hate the guy all year, but I can’t. He’s big, strong, fast, and he can throw it. The comparisons to Vince Young are only natural, but I see a more athletic Ben Roethlisberger or maybe Steve McNair.
35.Buffalo Bills: Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi St

LOVE this mock for the Bills...
The SEC championship game showed me Newton's arm, and accuracy are big boy capable, before that I was drinking the same kool aid... I like your comparison, McNair comes to mind, and I think Newton needs time to learn, which he gets behind Fitzpatrick, the only QB, I can see Buffalo picking at 3.
I love Sherrod, have him as my top LT prospect (although I do not see him falling into the second round), and is a steal in the second and a huge upgrade along the oline for this team as I see it in both phases of the offense. Although I am not sold on the Bills going QB at three this year, if the actual draft played out this way, I would be thrilled.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Gie the Bears Wisniewski and Cannon

vidae
01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Mehhhhh KC mock. Houston in the first is a lot better and G is not a need at all, C/RT is.

akvikefan89
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Excellent Vikings picks, sir.