PDA

View Full Version : 2 rounds with explanations

wonderbredd24
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.pigskinheaven.com/draft/mockdb.php?do=view&draftid=4

DiG
01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
julio is fine for the skins in the first. i hate mallets fit in shanahans offense. would love pouncey, hudson, reed, or odowd in the 2nd or torrey smith in the 2nd and newton, kerrigan, or maybe watt in the 1st based on where you seem to value guys.

coordinator0
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Cam Jordan over any CB (not named Peterson or Amukamara) any day of the week. The defensive line was definitely the weaker of the two positions for us this season, and although I do like Jimmy Smith a lot we just couldn't afford to pass on a guy like Jordan there. Jernigan is a nice pick in the second.

TheFinisher
01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Amukamara and Cannon? Yup.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I like Solder but Wisniewski would be a better pick for the Bears. In the 2nd Johnny Patrick should be the pick

thebow305
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Nice Phins pick

Go_Eagles77
01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Very nice eagles mock.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Whoever made that mock must be smoking crack to think Mallet will fall that far

Brown Leader
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
If the pick is for defense-in that scenario I think it would have to be Bowers-he also is versatile and could end up playing DE and some DT. My choice of course would be Prince but I doubt Holmgren takes another top 10 CB.

TBH though I can't see us passing a QB. Do you really think Holmgren is ready to put all his eggs in the Colt basket and declare him our franchise QB? The only way we pass on a QB is if Donovan comes to town.

49erNation85
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Another double horrible SF mock.If Locker is not free in the first.I don't want us to gamble on Gabber. Rather wait and draft Stanzi or Dalton in round 2 and go defense in round one. We don't need RB 's IMO .

Hines
01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes the Steelers need a DLman and I want Jordan, but if Tyron Smith, DeMarcus Love, and Gabe Carimi are on the board, I'd take them over Jordan because the Steelers need Ol in the worst way.

STsACE
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Dareus and Carimi..........very nice

diabsoule
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I understand the Saints picks and while I wouldn't mind Liuget in the first the Saints desperately need both OLB positions addressed.

wonderbredd24
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I'll try to address all of these...

Ravens - I wouldn't put it past Ozzie Newsome to go on value like he tends to do, but there is no one in the secondary, especially if Ed Reed does in fact retire. At that point, you have... Ladarius Webb and Dawan Landry? The Ravens are sitting at home because they cannot cover anyone. Terrell Suggs had an absolutely ridiculous day and they still lost, because the secondary is that bad.

Ryan Mallett/Washington - I tend to think that Shanahan would love to get ahold of Jake Locker, but if not, I'm not sure how long Shanahan will wait to pull the trigger on someone and they need to be able to start quickly or it's another year of McNabb/Grossman.

As to Mallett falling... there are significant questions with Mallett regarding his character (including possible substance abuse which makes the point about smoking crack funny), his accuracy, and how difficult a time he has when he's rushed in the pocket. He certainly has a lot to work with, but there are questions and people thought it would be insane for Brady Quinn or Jimmy Clausen or Aaron Rodgers to fall as far as they did, but it does happen and Mallett could definitely be the guy who takes the tumble.

Bears - They have nothing on the offensive line. They need help everywhere and if they are going to start building the line, they should start with tackle, especially because if you look at the value it drops off a cliff at the end of the 2nd round. They get a center in the 2nd anyway. Tackle and center worked for the Jets, has worked for the Browns... might be a model the Bears take a look at.

Browns - a quarterback? They have a so many needs right now. They can go with McCoy for the moment and come back if they need to. Holmgren has never taken a 1st round quarterback. Bowers is possible, but I think Dareus makes much more sense.

49ers - eh... they need a quarterback as their #1 need. Gabbert is very much in the conversation. And as far as the running backs go, what happens if Gore actually misses time? Dixon looked nice in preseason last year, but showed little in the regular season and Bryant Westbrook is not someone that can be counted on.

Steelers - You make a good point, though I would be large sums of money on the fact that they will not pick tiny Tyron Smith. The Steelers like big, big linemen. I also think they might look at Jordan as too good to pass up and despite the need, the Steelers aside from Pouncey have just not picked offensive linemen early.

Saints - I hear you, but looking at the value, there was not much there for OLBs and they are another situation where that position may scream out for help, but the Saints seem to ignore them and go in other directions.

And to those happy with their teams' picks, I appreciate it. I appreciate all the feedback, good or bad.

Hines
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Ravens - I wouldn't put it past Ozzie Newsome to go on value like he tends to do, but there is no one in the secondary, especially if Ed Reed does in fact retire. At that point, you have... Ladarius Webb and Dawan Landry? The Ravens are sitting at home because they cannot cover anyone. Terrell Suggs had an absolutely ridiculous day and they still lost, because the secondary is that bad.

Ryan Mallett/Washington - I tend to think that Shanahan would love to get ahold of Jake Locker, but if not, I'm not sure how long Shanahan will wait to pull the trigger on someone and they need to be able to start quickly or it's another year of McNabb/Grossman.

As to Mallett falling... there are significant questions with Mallett regarding his character (including possible substance abuse which makes the point about smoking crack funny), his accuracy, and how difficult a time he has when he's rushed in the pocket. He certainly has a lot to work with, but there are questions and people thought it would be insane for Brady Quinn or Jimmy Clausen or Aaron Rodgers to fall as far as they did, but it does happen and Mallett could definitely be the guy who takes the tumble.

Bears - They have nothing on the offensive line. They need help everywhere and if they are going to start building the line, they should start with tackle, especially because if you look at the value it drops off a cliff at the end of the 2nd round. They get a center in the 2nd anyway. Tackle and center worked for the Jets, has worked for the Browns... might be a model the Bears take a look at.

Browns - a quarterback? They have a so many needs right now. They can go with McCoy for the moment and come back if they need to. Holmgren has never taken a 1st round quarterback. Bowers is possible, but I think Dareus makes much more sense.

49ers - eh... they need a quarterback as their #1 need. Gabbert is very much in the conversation. And as far as the running backs go, what happens if Gore actually misses time? Dixon looked nice in preseason last year, but showed little in the regular season and Bryant Westbrook is not someone that can be counted on.

Steelers - You make a good point, though I would be large sums of money on the fact that they will not pick tiny Tyron Smith. The Steelers like big, big linemen. I also think they might look at Jordan as too good to pass up and despite the need, the Steelers aside from Pouncey have just not picked offensive linemen early.

Saints - I hear you, but looking at the value, there was not much there for OLBs and they are another situation where that position may scream out for help, but the Saints seem to ignore them and go in other directions.

And to those happy with their teams' picks, I appreciate it. I appreciate all the feedback, good or bad.

I agree with you because the Steelers have shown to go BPA in the first round a lot, but they REALLY need to start addressing their OL because Mendenhall and Big Ben are too talented to let get killed all game.

coordinator0
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM

If Reed retires, which doesn't seem likely with the level he played at this season, we will have Foxworth, Webb, and hopefully Wilson and/or Carr in the secondary. Not spectacular by any means, but we should be able to get by if the pass rush does it's part. Landry needs to go, he's been one of the biggest culprits in our susceptibility to the big play in the passing game and he's just not good anymore.

Suggs had a monster game Saturday night, but outside of what he did the rest of the defensive front was pretty meh as has been the case the past two seasons. It's nice to see him living up to his contract but this team won't succeed if we try to rely on him to get to the QB on every play, which is waht we essentially have to do since nobody else along the DL can do so.

kalbears13
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
If the pick is for defense-in that scenario I think it would have to be Bowers-he also is versatile and could end up playing DE and some DT. My choice of course would be Prince but I doubt Holmgren takes another top 10 CB.

TBH though I can't see us passing a QB. Do you really think Holmgren is ready to put all his eggs in the Colt basket and declare him our franchise QB? The only way we pass on a QB is if Donovan comes to town.

From what I've seen in history, Holmgren likes later round quarterbacks. But again, Holmgren isn't the GM...

prock
01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
I could dig this Vikings mock, but Nevis wouldn't be great. We got an UT.

Razor
01-18-2011, 03:47 AM
This is kinda weird.... But I think I like your mock. Von Miller isn't a great fit in our defense but he's a terrific pass rusher. The NE defense is in their sub package for about 50% of the snaps, having a guy like Miller their would be priceless. Cam Heyward is good value, great fit, fills a need = good pick.

Interior OL is arguably the biggest need on offense, but I think Ijalana is a major reach. DeMarcus Love would be a better pick imo, but as long as we get some interior OL I'm happy. Leonard Hankerson to NE would be sooooo sexy. Big guy who runs good routes and can stretch the field. Just what the doctor ordered.

phlysac
01-18-2011, 08:23 AM
49ers - And as far as the running backs go, what happens if Gore actually misses time? Dixon looked nice in preseason last year, but showed little in the regular season and Bryant Westbrook is not someone that can be counted on.

He averaged 4 YPC in 4 of the 6 games in which he was featured. If you watched the 49ers and din't see that the playcalling was frighteningly predictable then I don't know what to say. Could they use another youthful RB? Of course, but not in the 2nd round. Especially that they'll be running the WCO and another big-bodied "power" runner would be overkill.

Poz51
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Not a big fan of this Bills mock by anymeans, Locker is a huge reach at this point in the top five, and the value that is being passed on is epic all things considered, he could elavate himself with a strong senior bowl, but today I dont see it with the legitimate top five value still on the board. Bowers, Quinn, Green, Dareus, Prince and even Newton are all better fits value wise, and need as well IMO.
Tyron Smith in the second gives us another guy who gets no push in the run game... Carimi, Love and Cannon are all better in that respect IMO. Smith needs to add weight and remain athletic to hold his value, I do not like the fit with this team, reminds me of Bruce Campbell, I need to see more on him, but what I have seen, I really do not care for.

jj jones
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
I would be ok with JJ Watt for the Jaguars. I'd also be fine with Brandon Harris.

49erNation85
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I just think Gabbert has bust written all over him coming out of the spread offense in Mizz. SF does not need another spread QB !!

vidae
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Solid KC mock but I'd prefer Houston -> Jerrigan/Hank. NT is a need, but I think a solid rusher opposite Tamba is much more important right now.

akvikefan89
01-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Love that we get one of the big 4 QBs, but I think I would prefer Mallett...

Matthew Jones
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
As much as Belichick needs to find a pass rusher, I don't think he'll be willing to sacrifice his size requirement for linebackers. Von Miller is just too small to be a good fit in the Patriots' defense. I'm not crazy about anyone left at that point but if you're dead set on a LB, maybe Justin Houston.

Hermstheman83
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, first off. Pioli would not take a low character guy like Baldwin. He is going to be a big time WR, but he's essentially Terrel Owens. Second, Shaun smith plays DE for the most part, I would like Powe, team captain undervalued because of his senior season.
I would rather have either a pass rusher, a center or Right tackle in the first and a Nose tackle in the second.

Babylon
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Like the Seattle pick of a corner but would rather trade up for a QB

Seattle lost about 95 slots in the draft overall by getting into the playoffs, hope it was worth it.

K Train
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
love jordan at 32 but would prefer the next best FS in the second round...whether it be carter, williams, or black

regoob2
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Thats a put your fist through the tv Bears mock.