PDA

View Full Version : Rosters Announced for Eastham All-Star Game

brasho
01-18-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm not sure if the heights and weights are official.

http://www.easthamallstargame.com/stars.php

http://www.easthamallstargame.com/stripes.php

Steven Friday way bigger than expected as was Mario Addison. Johnathan Freeny taller than I thought he was and Anthony Gaitor not as tiny as I thought he'd be.

Of course there are a few names I am not familiar with at all.... there is one that I am very familiar with, Marc Verica QB UVa.... and he's just plain terrible... how did I not get an invite to this game (oh, right ineligible and too old)?

bullg8rdaddy
01-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Never heard of this game, Brasho. Thanks.

Grizzlegom
01-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Never heard of this game either but I hope scouts are there, a lot of late round/small school guys there that deserve looks.

Personally happy to see Penn State WR/TE Brett Brackett there, one of my favorite late round project guys.

Chidi29
01-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Trevis Turner is a guy to watch. Abilene Christian guys have had success lately. Turner is a mammoth, 6'6 335. He played at the Cactus Bowl and was voted the Offensive Lineman of the game but I didn't really get to watch him.

underscore
01-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Never heard of this game either but I hope scouts are there, a lot of late round/small school guys there that deserve looks.

Personally happy to see Penn State WR/TE Brett Brackett there, one of my favorite late round project guys.

He's the classic tweener...too slow for WR, not strong enough for TE. The fact he didn't play TE for PSU when they ended up losing the top 2 TEs on the depth chart due to injury says a lot for his TE prospects.

He's a high character guy and a good story (originally recruited as a QB), so I hope he gets a shot.

brat316
01-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Is this game for the leftovers of the East-West shrine game?

brasho
01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Is this game for the leftovers of the East-West shrine game?

Mark Verica is one of the QBs... I'm not sure Verica was a consideration for any all-star game. There are a few guys that I expect to get some mid to late round consideration.

JPP90
01-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Pretty sad when the best QB prospect at an all star game is Jeremiah Masoli. Just an awful roster...I do like Rodney Gnat from Louisville, quite underrated edge rusher there. Decent OL prospects in Tolar, Pugh etc. Overall its pretty lackluster.

brat316
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
So there isn't much about this game in the about section other than it was put together by Mike Leach and 2 other guys.

JPP90
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM
So there isn't much about this game in the about section other than it was put together by Mike Leech and 2 other guys.

Lol Mike Leach...awesome.