PDA

View Full Version : Dannyz's 2ND Mock.

dannyz
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
his is my Second Mock Draft. Some pick might not make sense so don't bash on me to much. I am also working on my Second 2012 Mock. Give me suggestions who you think might have the 1ST pick next year.

CAR- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
I think the Panthers go Green here. A team that has some young WRís but no True #1ís and if they want Clausen to be good he needs someone to throw to.

DEN- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Denver goes and gets maybe the Best player in the Draft. With no True Shutdown CB on their team and with the uncertainty of Champ Bailey PP would give them a Great Player for a long time.

BUF. - Nick Fairley, DE/DT, Auburn
The Bills get Fairley here, A player who can get after Brady and stop the run.

CIN- Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
The Bengals could go for Bowers but with Dunlap and Johnson I donít think they need him. Dareus could make the Defensive Line Great with Peko, Dareue, Dunlap, and Johnson. Something good to have in the AFC North.

ARI- DaíQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Getting Pressure on the QB is something Arizona needs to get better at, adding Bowers would make for other D-Linemen get to the QB as well.

CLE- Robert Quinn, DE, N.C.
The Browns need to get to Big Ben and Flaco. Quinn has Mario Williams/Demarcus Ware Potential.

SF- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
A QB could go here but Harbaugh might be able to Fix one of the QBís or they get one in FA. The 49ERS have no CB of the Future so Amukamara is a Great fit here.

TEN- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
I really donít like Cam as a NFL QB but the Titians might think he could be what VY was supposed to be.

DAL- J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
The Cowboys could use an Upgrade at DE and Watt would be a Good Fit here.

WAS- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Donnovan should be gone and Rex should not be Starting in the NFL. Gabbert is a big, mobile QB that could make plays in the Offense Washington Runs.

HOU- Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
A switch to a 3-4 means the Texans might want an Elvis Dumervil type LB and Miller could be it.

MIN- Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
The Vikings need a QB. Joe Webb did ok but he is not a True QB, Mallett could be a project but not as big of one a Joe Webb is.

DET- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
The Lions would have liked to get Prince or PP but Harris is not far behind. The Lions Secondary is so bad itís not even funny, Harris could come in a start competing for the #1 CB Job.

STL- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
The Rams have done good so far adding around Bradford, getting a LT and now a WR. Jones is a big Physical Wideout that will be able to go over the middle and make the tuff catches.

MIA- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
The Dolphins could lose both of their RBís this year but they are old anyways. Mark Ingram will be able to come in Day 1 and start right away.

JAX- Cameron Jordan, DE, California
The Jaguars made a Surprise pick last year and make one again. Cameron Jordan has been getting a lot of hype these last few Month and could find his way to the Jaguars to play with his College Teammate.

NE(f/OAK)- Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
The Patriots need a 3-4 DE and Clayborn could fit right in with them.

SD- . Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
The Chargers are lacking a Pass Rush and Kerrigan is one of the best Pass Rushers in the Big 10.

NYG- Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss St
The Giants need to Protect Eli Manning. The OT Class this Year is not as good as the last couple of years but the best one is Sherrod, He might start out on the RT Spot but with time should develop into a Good Starting LT for the Giants.

TB- Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
Tampa Bay pick Aldon Smith here, Aldon should be a steal here with the Tampa Bay Defensive Line or McCoy, Prince, Moore, Smith.

KC- Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
The Chiefs might lose Tamba Hali but even if they donít they could use someone like Ayers on the other side.

IND- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
The Colts need to protect Peyton. Solder could step in right away and start somewhere on the on the Offensive Line but eventually make a good LT.

PHI- Tyron Smith, OT, USC
The Eagles are Lucky they had Vick who could Scramble because that O-Line is bad. Tyron Smith might not play LT Right away but he should be able to start somewhere and that is where the Eagles need help.

NO- Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State.
The Saints need help next to Sedrick Ellis and Paea could fill up a big space.

SEA- Jake Locker, QB, Washington
The Home Town Hero. Coach Pete Carroll knows Locker and know what he can do. He can sit behind Whitehurst for a year if he has to and learn the play book and should be the starter for 2012.

BAL- Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
The Ravens could go Baldwin here because their WRís are bad but with Big Ben in their Division they have to upgrade the CR Spot. Williams is a Big, Physical CB who should be able to shut down Mike Wallace.

ATL- Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Matt Ryan and the Falcons need more Weapons Baldwin could be a huge Deep Threat that can make plays for the Falcons.

NE- Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
They got their 3-4 End now they get an every down RB in Ryan Williams. This could be a reach but with the way the NFL is now a Three Headed Monster is good to have and the Patriots donít have many other needs.

CHI- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
The biggest need for this team is OL and more specifically the interior. Carimi would help Cutler form being Sacked Millions of times and also pave the way for Forte.

NYJ- Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
The Vernon Gholston project failed. Allen Bailey would be the Perfect fit for the Jets Defense.

GB- Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
The Packers could use another Rush LB across for CM3. Houston could come in and be a starter Day 1.

PIT- Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
The Pouncey Twins United Again. This pick is getting thrown around a lot now. If Mike can come in as a Rookie and play as good as his Brother along side of him then maybe Big Ben wonít hit the Turf as much.

thebow305
01-18-2011, 09:54 PM
If Locker and Ingram were there at 15, it would be a tough choice for the Phins, both are going to be HUGE positions of need for us come draft time. I'd be good with either. Probably leaning towards the QB at the moment though.

Matthew Jones
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Adrian Clayborn isn't really a good fit for a 3-4 defense (especially the type New England runs), and I see Ryan Williams as only a good value in say, the late third round or so. He was the third best option on his own team this year (fourth if you include Tyrod Taylor) and mysteriously absent from the bowl game (four carries for four yards.) Dude's just not that good of a player, and RB isn't a big need. Not a realistic or good Patriots draft. What about something like Ryan Kerrigan at #17 and Cameron Heyward at #28. That would make a lot of sense. I could also see Akeem Ayers or Justin Houston at some point, or a lineman of some kind.

Nalej
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
ROP said it best.

Kerrigan and Heyward is sex worthy

Scotty D
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Good Lions pick.

akvikefan89
01-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Did the Vikings just get their choice between Mallett and Locker? That would be awesome.

vidae
01-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Justin Houston > Ayers, and we aren't losing Tamba.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Perfect Bears Pick. I can tell you did your research

49erNation85
01-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't think SF and company would get pass Locker.Depending on how he does at the senior bowl week.He should rise into the top ten again.Either way I'm sure Hargbaugh will luck out with a good QB .

T-RICH49
01-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Justin Houston > Ayers, and we aren't losing Tamba.

this on both fronts

prock
01-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes to Mallet.

Pat Sims 90
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Bowers will be the pick if they take a DL supposely M Johnson is rumored to be moving to OLB

fenikz
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Bowers can't play OLB has no real fit in Arizona unless Dockett or Campbell get traded or we move to a 4-3 then we would have the biggest DL ever

LE Campbell 6'9 300
NT Williams 6'3 330
UT Dockett 6'4 285
RE Bowers 6'4 280

SeanTaylorRIP
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Adrian Clayborn isn't really a good fit for a 3-4 defense (especially the type New England runs), and I see Ryan Williams as only a good value in say, the late third round or so. He was the third best option on his own team this year (fourth if you include Tyrod Taylor) and mysteriously absent from the bowl game (four carries for four yards.) Dude's just not that good of a player, and RB isn't a big need. Not a realistic or good Patriots draft. What about something like Ryan Kerrigan at #17 and Cameron Heyward at #28. That would make a lot of sense. I could also see Akeem Ayers or Justin Houston at some point, or a lineman of some kind.

That's not really true. Williams didn't get carries this year because he was never healthy. Don't be mistaken Darren Evans is a horrendous RB who shouldn't be drafted and David Wilson is a pure scat back. A healthy Ryan Williams has a ton of power and good burst.

Nalej
01-19-2011, 10:04 PM
That's not really true. Williams didn't get carries this year because he was never healthy. Don't be mistaken Darren Evans is a horrendous RB who shouldn't be drafted and David Wilson is a pure scat back. A healthy Ryan Williams has a ton of power and good burst.

He has potential, sure, but he doesn't belong in the 1st rd. So its a terrible pick.

dannyz
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM

If he can show up at the Combine and show no signs the Injury is bothering him while lighting up the Combine he could be the 1ST RB Taken.

Poz51
01-20-2011, 07:26 AM
I can dig Fairley for Buffalo. Good pick.

Fred Savage
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Great mock. I think the Cam Newton pick for the Titans is bad however. After all the VY stuff I don't see why they would want to do that all over again.

SimonRath
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
ATL- Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Matt Ryan and the Falcons need more Weapons Baldwin could be a huge Deep Threat that can make plays for the Falcons.

I'd take Torrey Smith over Baldwin any day of the week.

proshoota25
01-23-2011, 01:56 AM

exactly, add in cam jordan, mark ingram, gabe carimi, and nate solder as other potential patriots targets in the first. this mock is pretty terrible, sorry buddy lol