PDA

View Full Version : The Mock of Disappointment

Razor
01-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Feel free to comment, although I'd prefer you just don't write "ZOMG horriblezzz pick!"

1. Carolina Panthers- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

2. Denver Broncos- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

3. Buffalo Bills- AJ Green, WR, Georgia

4. Cincinnati Bengals- Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas

5. Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

6. Cleveland Browns- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

7. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

8. Tennessee Titans- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

9. Dallas Cowboys – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

10. Washington Redskins- Cam Jordan, DE, Cal

11. Houston Texans- Marcel Dareus, DE, Alabama

12. Minnesota Vikings- Jake Locker, QB, Washington

13. Detroit Lions- Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

14. St. Louis Rams- Robert Quinn, DE, UNC

15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

16. Jacksonville Jaguars- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

17. New England Patriots(F/Oakland)- Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

18. San Diego Chargers- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

19. New York Giants- Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

21. Kansas City Cheifs- Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

22. Indianapolis Colts- Tyron Smith, OT, USC

23. Philadephia Eagles- Stefen Wisniewski, OC/OG, Penn State

24. New Orleans Saints- Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.

25. Seattle Seahawks- Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

26. Baltimore Ravens- Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

27. Atlanta Falcons- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fl.)

28. New England Patriots- Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.

29. Green Bay Packers- Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

30. New York Jets- Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri

31. Chicago Bears- Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
----
33. New England(F/Carolina)- Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College

AntoinCD
01-19-2011, 06:31 AM
You dont need me to tell you that's a nice Patriots draft

Razor
01-19-2011, 06:38 AM
You dont need me to tell you that's a nice Patriots draft

Well... No... But I think you just did. ;)

Nalej
01-19-2011, 06:40 AM
I just touched your mock on its private area :)

SimonRath
01-19-2011, 07:07 AM
the falcons will not get a CB in the 1st round. give us Aldon Smith

Razor
01-19-2011, 07:53 AM
the falcons will not get a CB in the 1st round. give us Aldon Smith

Yes, Aldon Smith would make sense. So let's just continue to have Brent Grimes getting abused by receivers taller than 6'0", right? No... There are pretty good pass rushers to bad had in the second: Greg Romeus, Jeremy Beal, Steven Friday, Sam Acho and Jabaal Sheard just to mention a few. There's not a whole lot to get at CB later in the draft which is why I gave y ou guys a CB early.

jrdrylie
01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Cam Newton to the Jaguars WILL NOT HAPPEN! Gene Smith has made it a high priority to get rid of guys who have character questions. The QB they will be targeting will actually be Dalton. They like him a lot.

Go_Eagles77
01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
ZOMG horriblezzz pick!

But seriously, good postion for the eagles, but Wisniewski isn't a great fit, the eagles prefer maulers on the O-Line. Cannon would be the better choice, or even Pouncey since it seems you feel he's the better prospect than Cannon.
Edit: Just noticed you don't have Carimi in there either, he might actually be the ideal choice for the OL.

SimonRath
01-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes, Aldon Smith would make sense. So let's just continue to have Brent Grimes getting abused by receivers taller than 6'0", right? No... There are pretty good pass rushers to bad had in the second: Greg Romeus, Jeremy Beal, Steven Friday, Sam Acho and Jabaal Sheard just to mention a few. There's not a whole lot to get at CB later in the draft which is why I gave y ou guys a CB early.

Grimes is a damn good #2.. he may be short but he can jump with anyone. show me another CB in the league with his height who plays as good as him.

Matthew Jones
01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Excellent...

scar988
01-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Awful Atlanta draft. CB is not a need at all in Atlanta during the draft. We have 2 excellent starters, and you don't waste a 1st round pick or even a 3rd round pick on a nickel corner. Atlanta's actual needs:
DE, OT, WR, TE and C-o-P RB

Bengals78
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.cardsdiaspora.com/images/stories/noose.jpg

Just sayin'

diabsoule
01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm down with Paea. Him and Sed Ellis together would be NASTY!

killxswitch
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Bleh, no thanks to Tyron Smith. I'd rather have Gabe Carimi. Smith seems like a good athlete but his lack of LT experience and his low body weight don't do it for me.

vidae
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Great KC pick.

T-RICH49
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
good KC pick

DiG
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
ha i like that your mock just happened to have the players you want fall to the pats picks. nice.

scar988
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM

so let's quit acting like we know anything about Atlanta. Grimes didn't get abused. Grimes led the league in pass knockaways and was top 10 in interceptions. Grimes isn't a problem and played like an all-pro this year.

ACTUAL ATL needs:
DE, OT, WR, TE and C-o-P RB. CB is not a draft need, but a FA for a veteran nickel.

Monomach
01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
ha i like that your mock just happened to have the players you want fall to the pats picks. nice.

No kidding. I'm going to make a mock so the Bears can have AJ Green.

Don Vito
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Nothing to ***** about for the Pats mock, that would be awesome.

Razor
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM

Well... If you knew anything about me and how I put together that list you'd know that I only have players on the list that I feel like we have a realistic chance of drafting. And tbh it was rather lucky this time since we were forced into drafting Aldon Smith instead of Kerrigan before I saw I didn't have Cam Newton in the first. But then again, you wouldn't have a ******* clue about how this mock came to be.

Nalej
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Sidenote: If R.Quinn drops out of the top ten... I'd love if BB traded up for him.
With a rookie cap coming soon, it might change BB's trade down policy

Razor
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Sidenote: If R.Quinn drops out of the top ten... I'd love if BB traded up for him.
With a rookie cap coming soon, it might change BB's trade down policy

Haha, yeah.. I was actually thinking about making a trade (also involving #33 which I feel is realistic) but decided not to include trades at this point.

49erNation85
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Man SF passes on Locker grr. That will never happen unless Hargbough shows no faith in him .But hopefully his passing skills will show up on the senior bowl week next week. Cause seriously we need a god dam QB .

1funguy
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
You can forget about San Diego drafting OL at 18. They don't value Olineman this high & need to draft for defensive needs much worse.

derza222
01-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Rock solid Jets' pick.

killxswitch
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Man SF passes on Locker grr. That will never happen unless Hargbough shows no faith in him .But hopefully his passing skills will show up on the senior bowl week next week. Cause seriously we need a god dam QB .

Locker to the 9ers seems like a good choice, who better to coach him up than Harbaugh?

Arsenal
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Patrick Peterson would be awesome.

K Train
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
i fux with watt at 32

GB12
01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Carimi or Costanzo would be better than Pouncey

prock
01-19-2011, 05:53 PM
I am not disappointed.

DenverJetsFan
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Ive read through Alot of mocks on this website and I've come to the conclusion that if the 49ers dont take locker you automatically deem the mock inferior and if some one talks down on Tebow then there an idiot. First of all Locker to the 49ers isn't a lock in anyones head but yours... and Tebow... haha time will show ya that one :)

AkiliSmith
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM
The Bengals have made it pretty clear that Palmer is their QB of the present and future

thebow305
01-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Great Phins pick, but I think I'd prefer Cam Newton there since we really need a QB.

nikole95
01-20-2011, 05:49 AM

so let's quit acting like we know anything about Atlanta. Grimes didn't get abused. Grimes led the league in pass knockaways and was top 10 in interceptions. Grimes isn't a problem and played like an all-pro this year.

SimonRath
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM

something just isn't right..

Razor
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
something just isn't right..

Haha yeah, but I declined to comment.. I don't personally think that Grimes is the best fit on the outside, he could do a lot more good for a team playing in the nickle. Like it or not, he is short. And that can and will be targeted by opposing team, especially by teams with taller wideouts. Brandon Harris is indefinetly more talented than Grimes so I think that is the best pick there. Also, your GM is Dimitroff who learned from Bill Belichick. I can't see him picking a RS sophomore in the first, despite having played to good seasons.

SimonRath
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Haha yeah, but I declined to comment.. I don't personally think that Grimes is the best fit on the outside, he could do a lot more good for a team playing in the nickle. Like it or not, he is short. And that can and will be targeted by opposing team, especially by teams with taller wideouts. Brandon Harris is indefinetly more talented than Grimes so I think that is the best pick there. Also, your GM is Dimitroff who learned from Bill Belichick. I can't see him picking a RS sophomore in the first, despite having played to good seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps

watch this video and tell me Grimes is to small to play CB. the 1st highlight just proves he plays bigger then he actually is and can jump with even the tallest WR's. He is a true play maker.

scar988
01-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Grimes was one of the best CB's in the NFL this year... again, CB is not a need. you don't take a nickel in the 1st. we have ACTUAL needs, and they include DE, OT, WR, TE and COP RB/

fenikz
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Terrible Cardinals pick, maybe in the 2nd but that is a huge reach in the 1st, PP or Amukamara

Menardo75
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Hard to not be happy with PP I would really like Locker though

proshoota25
01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
<333 the patriots draft. and lmao at some of the pats fans comments...