PDA

View Full Version : New Guy New Mock v1.1

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
1 CAR Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson -They have been looking for a replacement for Peppers and Bowers is quick and a ball hawk of an end
2 DEN AJ Green WR Georgia – Denver has Tebow and a running game so why not go out and take Green to help Thomas and Lloyd out?
3 BUF Patrick Patterson CB LSU – The best athlete in the draft and a great pick for Buffalo who faces the likes of Tom Brady and the jets tall receivers.
4 CIN Nick Fairley DT Auburn – Cam Newton isn’t the best player at Aubrn but he does get all the credit. A close second to Bowers as the stud on the D-Line.
5 ARI Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri – They have to get something here and while I think Mallett is a better option Gabbert is getting a lot of pub right now.
6 CLE Robert Quinn – DE North Carolina – They need some speed on the outside of a dismal D-Line.
7 S.F Marcel Dareus DT Alabama – They need a big man to take up space in the middle and Dareus is just that.
8 TEN Cam Newton QB Auburn – This is the same type of QB they had with Young but Fisher is hoping for a different result. A reach here in my assessment.
9 DAL Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska – They need some DB’s in the NFC East and Amukamara is a great one.
10 WAS Jake Locker QB Wahington – Shanahan wants a west coast Qb and he can get it with Locker.
11 HOU Brandon Harris CB Miami – Worst Pass D in the NFL I don’t need to say more.
12 MIN Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas – Best, NFL Ready QB, in the draft for my money. Vikes finally get a big young arm.
13 DET Nate Solder OT Colorado – They need a big man to help out Cherilus and the others on the line.
14 STL Julio Jones WR Alabama – Amendola was Bradfords top target no more explanation needed.
15 MIA Akeem Ayers LB UCLA – Good Linebacker and they have some defensive needs.
16 JAC Von Miller LB/DE Texas A&M – A versatile player with some major upside and could add to their young linebacking core or be used as a quick edge rusher.
17 N.E Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue - They need a receiver but the remaining ones are a reach here.
18 S.D Dontay Moch DE/LB Nevada – They need some speed on the outside and with Merriman gone Moch could really jump into that role
20 T.B. Mark Ingram RB Alabama – This guys slips after some injury and we all know that Cadillac has not been the answer and while Blount was good Ingram will be better
21 K.C Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi St – They have the running game no time to get some line help.
22 IND Stefen Wisnieski OG Penn St – Manning needs some help up front and the fact is that Saturday is not getting any younger. Wisnieski also fits the Colts mold of versatile lineman.
23 PHI Aaron Williams CB Texas – The need some secondary help and the offense is pretty set.
24 N.O Demarco Murray RB Oklahoma – They need some help as they showed in the playoffs.
25 SEA Cameron Heyward DE Ohio St – This kids stock is soaring after a great year and bowl game. If he is still there Carroll ont miss on him.
26 ATL Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin – A Tackle who’s draft stock is soaring and so are the Falcons after getting him.
27 N.E Marvin Austin DT North Carolina – New Endland needs some help up front with ilfork getting older.
28 BAL J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin - stock is soaring and Baltimore always gets steals on D.
29 PIT James Baldwin WR Pittsburgh – Sweed has been a bust and big Ben needs a big target.
30 CHI Stephen Paea DT Oregon State – Some have him higher but I think he will fall right into Lovie’s lap of D.
31 G.B Demarcus Love OT Arkansas – After drafting Bulaga they get another Tackle with a value selection.
32 NYJ Mike Pouncey C/G Florida – The Jets get younger up front and get some protection for Sanchez.

AntoinCD
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Kerrigan is a good pick but the reasoning isn't. The Pats could take Julio Jones as a semi-luxury pick if available but WR is not a huge need. DE, OLB and interior offensive line are huge needs.

As for Marvin Austin im struggling to put into words how much I dislike the pick. Firstly, he doesn't have the work ethic, motor or character that BB looks for. Secondly Im not sure he has the discipline to play in a 2 gap defense. Thirdly it is about 4 rounds too early for him. And fourthly Vince Wilfork is only 29 and arguably had the best season of his career. JJ Watt or Cam Jordan would be so much better there.

T-RICH49
01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Jonathan Baldwin >>>>>>> Sherrod.we can wait until RD 2 to take a RT we desperatly need someone opposite Bowe

Damix
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Pick 19 is curiously missing.

Nalej
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Pick 19 is curiously missing.

SpyGate Part Dos!

Anywho... Kerrigan is sexy for the Pats. We have the 28th pick too, I believe.
Give the Pats JJWatts there and it'd be once nice first round

detroit4life
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
brandon harris is too high IMO, highest he would go is 13 at detroit and that would be a reach for them. I wouldnt be surprised to see prince fall even as corners are rarely taken that high to begin with

49erNation85
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
For a new guy you really screwed up this darn mock .SF will not pass on Jake Locker for a darn DT we have good depth there already and not a need . Please try again !

1funguy
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Dontay Moch at 18??

He's an intriguing prospect but no way does he go this high.

Arsenal
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Dareus is alright if no one else is there. Justin Smith plus Dareus at the ends would be sexy.

Prince Amukamara fills a bigger need though in this situation.

thebow305
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
LB isn't a first round need for Miami. But RB is, so Mark Ingram instead please!

K Train
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
id blow a gasket if we took baldwin in the first round. pouncey please

prock
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes to Mallet.

Prowler
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
2nd and 3rd rounds, the lions have to address outside linebacker and most likely cornerback. the value is too good for us to pass up a young playmaking corner, especially if jimmy smith or aaron williams lasts to the 2nd. and julian peterson was just released and we don't know if follett will be able to play again after a spinal injury.

Babylon
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I know Gabbert is the flavor of the month but i dont get it. Smells of Aaron Maybin to me, a guy who is not ready but is being talked up. I dont think he'll really stand out in any one area at the combine and he'll be the 4th QB taken.

Matthew Jones
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Kerrigan is great, Austin doesn't really fit. J.J. Watt would be better, but what about someone like Tyron Smith? That might work, as he has extensive RT experience and the Patriots are likely to move Vollmer to LT whenever Matt Light leaves.

GB12
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Hate the Packers pick. OT isn't bad, but Love certainly isn't a value pick like you claimed. If you're giving us a tackle, Costanzo would be much better. I'd take Justin Houston over both of them though.

Poz51
01-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Denver has Tebow and a running game so why not go out and take Green to help Thomas and Lloyd out?
3 BUF Patrick Patterson CB LSU The best athlete in the draft and a great pick for Buffalo who faces the likes of Tom Brady and the jets tall receivers.
4 CIN Nick Fairley DT Auburn
7 S.F Marcel Dareus DT Alabama
8 TEN Cam Newton QB Auburn

Honestly for Buffalo, I love Peterson and have no problem with the pick personally. However, I do believe Fairley or Dareus is more likely to be the pick at this point, and Newton is also more likely to be the pick as well. Not a knock on Peterson, who would help in coverage as you point out, just think they will go in another dirction.
The answer to the Denver Question, is that they also have Eddie Royal, and no defensive players upfront worth much, Bailey is moving on, or to safety most likely, and they despretely need defensive (the cupboard is pretty bare) help, Green would be a huge luxury pick.

I know Gabbert is the flavor of the month but i dont get it. Smells of Aaron Maybin to me, a guy who is not ready but is being talked up. I dont think he'll really stand out in any one area at the combine and he'll be the 4th QB taken.

I smell it to...

jeanclaudtransam
01-20-2011, 09:06 PM
20 T.B. Mark Ingram RB Alabama This guys slips after some injury and we all know that Cadillac has not been the answer and while Blount was good Ingram will be better

This is just a straight terrible pick. That's like having Stl take Mallet because "while Bradford was good Mallet will be better." Blount lead the league in broken tackles with only 200 carries, with 5.0 ypc. He's a beast

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Good Bears pick

george_allen
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
you don't need me to tell you that julio jones to the rams at 14 is right, do you.

on the other hand, i love dontay moch, but as zappa said, that's too soon.

akvikefan89
01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Love the Mallett pick, but you're a Colts fan and you live in MN? C'mon... :p

fenikz
01-21-2011, 12:39 AM
I can't see the Cardinals going QB, Whis is on a semi short leash and by the time any of these QBs are ready he may be out the door, then the carousel begins new coach wants his QB the 2 years wasted losing are for nothing

PP, Amukamara or Quinn please

SRK85
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Bucs will not draft another RB and Brandon Lloyd is not leaving Denver. Its an ok mock but some of the picks baffle me.

Caddy
01-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah the league leading rusher over the last month and a bit isn't the answer at RB for Tampa...

proshoota25
01-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Kerrigan is a good pick but the reasoning isn't. The Pats could take Julio Jones as a semi-luxury pick if available but WR is not a huge need. DE, OLB and interior offensive line are huge needs.

As for Marvin Austin im struggling to put into words how much I dislike the pick. Firstly, he doesn't have the work ethic, motor or character that BB looks for. Secondly Im not sure he has the discipline to play in a 2 gap defense. Thirdly it is about 4 rounds too early for him. And fourthly Vince Wilfork is only 29 and arguably had the best season of his career. JJ Watt or Cam Jordan would be so much better there.

lmaoooo ownage