PDA

View Full Version : Kickers Being Drafted?

gutman54
01-20-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm bored, and couldn't find a topic for this. Are there any kickers being drafted this year? How high?

Shane P. Hallam
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM
None for sure, most are 6-7 types. I like Wes Byrum and Thomas Weber myself. Kai Forbath and Alex Henery most decorated. I also wonder if a team will like the versatility of Matt Bosher.

underscore
01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
None for sure, most are 6-7 types. I like Wes Byrum and Thomas Weber myself. Kai Forbath and Alex Henery most decorated. I also wonder if a team will like the versatility of Matt Bosher.

It's a shame the draft is now seven rounds.

It'd provide a great interview to hear him quip:

I'm Henery in the 8th, I am, I am
Henery in the 8th, I am, I am
I played football with Prince Amukamara
He got drafted seven rounds before

PVonDy85
01-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I think Alex Henery will be a 4th round draft pick. I would not be surprised to see the Cowboys draft him, considering how well he has kicked at their new stadium. He is incredibly accurate, has 65 yard range, and gets incredible height on his kicks. To top it all off, he has proven he is a clutch kicker.

CashmoneyDrew
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
What's the knock on Forbath? I thought he was one of the better kicking prospects in recent years from my understanding.

dannyz
01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I was watching a Lions game and they said Suh is pushing for the Lions to draft more Nebraska players. Alex Henery would be Great.

gutman54
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Forbath was, what i assumed at least, the top kicker coming in to this year. Henery though proved he was clutch, and has as much ice in his veins as Matt Ryan (maybe more since it is a whopping 1 degree right now in Nebraska), and I think he may be giving Forbath a run for his money.

Forbath, if i remember correctly, had to carry his tam a little more than Alex did, and his numbers may have been more skewed due to the fact that he had to attempt to kick more longer field goals because his team simply couldn't move the ball well.

Chidi29
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
If I remember correctly, Forbath has a ton of success from 50+.

dannyz
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Forbath was, what i assumed at least, the top kicker coming in to this year. Henery though proved he was clutch, and has as much ice in his veins as Matt Ryan (maybe more since it is a whopping 1 degree right now in Nebraska), and I think he may be giving Forbath a run for his money.

Forbath, if i remember correctly, had to carry his tam a little more than Alex did, and his numbers may have been more skewed due to the fact that he had to attempt to kick more longer field goals because his team simply couldn't move the ball well.

Yes it is really Cold here. I am just mad that Henery was not even mentioned for any kicking awards. I think the only kick he missed this year was blocked and he was like 19 out of 20.

ElectricEye
01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Fortbath and Henery might be the most decorated, but there's very little deception in terms of kickers as prospects haha. Both of them have more than enough leg. Henery's 50+ numbers don't look good, but he's made just as many as any kicker and it's Nebraska's supreme confidence in his ability to have a chance to hit those that make the numbers not look so good. Bosher is a good athlete and can be a very valuable contributer as a punter too.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-24-2011, 01:10 AM
id take henery as early as the 5th depending on how desperate the team's need is