PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for Next Year...

JFLO
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm starting to do my rankings for 2012 already and I was wondering who would be the NOTABLE ELIGIBLE redshirt sophomores for the draft next April?

Any answers are appreciated, thanks!

TACKLE
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
DJ Fluker, OT from Bama and Lamar Miller, RB from The U are two guys that come to mind.

JHL6719
01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I like Aaron Murray at quarterback... I think he has some Drew Brees in him.

Knile Davis is going to be the best RB prospect behind Trent Richardson in my opinion.

D.J. Fluker....

Not sure if Justin Hunter redshirted or not, but he's definitely one of the top sophomore receivers next year.

CashmoneyDrew
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Justin Hunter is a true sophomore next season.

Master Exploder
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Aaron Murray should be taken into consideration, but after watching that bowl game, I think he'll stay for his junior year. But he looks like he could eventually develop into a pretty nice QB prospect.

Day One Pick
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Aaron Murray, QB, 6-1, 210, Georgia #

Dan O'Brien, QB, 6-3, 215, Maryland #

Taylor Martinez, ATH, 6-1, 205, Nebraska # (QB)

Nathan Scheelhaase, ATH/QB, 6-2, 195, Illinois # (QB)

Lamar Miller, RB, 5-10, 210, Miami #

Bryce McNeal, WR, 6-1, 180, Clemson #

D.J. Fluker, OT, 6-6, 340, Alabama #

Travis Swanson, C, 6-5, 305, Arkansas #

Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, 6-5, 240, Louisiana State #

Stansly Maponga, DE/OLB, 6-2, 260, Texas Christian #

Jordan Kohout, DT/DE, 6-3, 290, Wisconsin #

Jelani Jenkins, OLB, 6-1, 225, Florida #

Tom Wort, ILB, 6-1, 225, Oklahoma #

Xavier Rhodes, CB/S, 6-1, 208, Florida State #

Fluker and Rhodes are the only two I would think may declare next year.

JPP90
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah Taylor Martinez certainly doesn't have any business declaring.

TACKLE
01-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah Taylor Martinez certainly doesn't have any business declaring.

It doesn't happen often, but we agree here. Taylor Martinez will not be an NFL QB. He's battling it out with Tino Sunseri and Jordan Jefferson for worst passer in an AQ conference.

JPP90
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
It doesn't happen often, but we agree here. Taylor Martinez will not be an NFL QB. He's battling it out with Tony Sunseri and Jordan Jefferson for worst passer in an AQ conference.

Tino is a product of Wanny hand-picking his favorites over more talented guys (hence Tyler Plako over Joe Flacco)..I actually think Sunseri will be beaten out easily by a guy named Mark Myers ..if Myers doesn't transfer. Yeah he's god-awful though. Zach Frazer from UConn and Chas Dodd from Rutgers are also really bad. Big East is a bad place for QBs.

ElectricEye
01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Mark Myers SHOULD beat out Sunsuri. Not a bad backup type quarterback, but he shouldn't be a starter. Myers actually has a lot of potential going forward. Has the size and the arm to make some waves as a prospect.

I like Aaron Murray a lot despite the lack of size. He puts a lot of zip on the ball and his down the field accuracy is pretty good. We'll have to see how much of that had to do with playing with AJ Green, but he looked really good even without him early in the year.

JPP90
01-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Mark Myers SHOULD beat out Sunsuri. Not a bad backup type quarterback, but he shouldn't be a starter. Myers actually has a lot of potential going forward. Has the size and the arm to make some waves as a prospect.

I like Aaron Murray a lot despite the lack of size. He puts a lot of zip on the ball and his down the field accuracy is pretty good. We'll have to see how much of that had to do with playing with AJ Green, but he looked really good even without him early in the year.

Myers was a 4 star recruit and top 10-15 QB nationally. Id say he might be worthy of starting. Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen high school film on him but he certainly seems highly rated.

dannyz
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I know he did not do good his Freshmen Year but Bryce Brown will be a RS Soph and also Craig Loston.