PDA

View Full Version : Mason Foster, LB, Washington

Captain Canuck
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
This guy is one of my favorite prospects in the draft, and he seems to be a favorite on these forums as well. My questions is, where is this guy going to get drafted? I've seen anything from the late 1st to the 4th. I know this question is probably better answered after the Senior Bowl and Combine, but I figure I'd ask. Is he the type of guy that won't put up amazing numbers in shorts, but will perform amazing on the field. If that's the case does anyone see him lasting to the top of the 3rd? (for Buffalo's 3rd round pick).

Babylon
01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Reminds me of a Brian Cushing. Mason has a high motor, very instinctive and versatile enough to play inside or out. I think he could sneak into the end of round 1 but more likely a solid second round pick. You wont have to hope he's motivated from week to week, maximum effort guy.

bigbluedefense
01-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Can he play middle linebacker?

And can anyone describe his game and athleticism?

Babylon
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I think he's best suited as a 4-3 olb but i wouldnt hesitate to play him inside. He's probably a lot quicker than fast, probably will run a high 4.6. Not saying he's Lance Briggs but see the same kind of agility and strength on the field.

JHL6719
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Two questions:

1. Will he get drafted before Martez Wilson?

2. Is he a better prospect than Martez Wilson?

Shane P. Hallam
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Two questions:

1. Will he get drafted before Martez Wilson?

2. Is he a better prospect than Martez Wilson?

He's not as dynamic as Wilson, so I would guess no. He's a more solid prospect, not a better prospect per say.

Clarkw267
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd love for the Lions to land Foster or Wilson in round 2. They would represent a big upgrade...

Chidi29
01-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Foster is keeping a journal of his experiences from now until the draft. They're over at National Football Post if anyone is interested.