PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Heyward Having Elbow Surgery

SenorGato
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Looks like someone wants to be a Jet.

Please, please, please let this guy fall to the 29-32 range.

AntoinCD
01-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I still think he's a solid mid-late 1st rounder. The Senior Bowl wouldn't likely boost his stock any more than the bowl game did so if he's okay to go by his pro day he should still be fine to go in the first

SenorGato
01-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I still think he's a solid mid-late 1st rounder. The Senior Bowl wouldn't likely boost his stock any more than the bowl game did so if he's okay to go by his pro day he should still be fine to go in the first

Same here, but I must hold out hope. That's a prototype 3-4 DE if I ever saw one and with the amount of teams looking for a guy like him I'd be shocked if he actually lasts...but this surgery brings me great hope!

AntoinCD
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Same here, but I must hold out hope. That's a prototype 3-4 DE if I ever saw one and with the amount of teams looking for a guy like him I'd be shocked if he actually lasts...but this surgery brings me great hope!

The one benefit this year is there are a lot of potential 34 DE prospects pegged as possible first rounders.

Fairley could be a 5 technique
Dareus
Jordan
Watt
Clayborn(not a great fit IMO)
Bailey
Ballard
Wilkerson

Towards the end there some wont be first rounders but Heyward would probably fit in somewhere between Watt and Bailey IMO at this point.

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM

I'm surprised a Jets fan wants an OSU DE... :)

Seriously though, he is infinitely better than Gholston. Who I was seriously shocked was even a first rounder let alone a top 10 pick. The guy had one move, the bull rush. The NFL don't play that.

keylime_5
01-21-2011, 12:50 PM
The NFL people saw Gholston dominate with that bull rush and his 23 sacks during his 2 years as a starter, plus the whole ego thing of coaches thinking they can develop a great athlete into a great player. No doubt Cam's game translates better to the NFL. He already does every single thing you want a 5 tech DE to do and at a high level. People complain that he's not a consistent pass rusher off the edge, but that won't be his game in the NFL when a 3-4 team picks him up.

killxswitch
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm surprised a Jets fan wants an OSU DE... :)

Seriously though, he is infinitely better than Gholston. Who I was seriously shocked was even a first rounder let alone a top 10 pick. The guy had one move, the bull rush. The NFL don't play that.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/da/251/8da2516d-913d-5d2b-be8d-11576881db19.preview-300.jpg

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/da/251/8da2516d-913d-5d2b-be8d-11576881db19.preview-300.jpg

Well, it don't play that when you are 255 pounds :)

killxswitch
01-21-2011, 01:58 PM
True that. For what it's worth I thought Gholston would be way, way better than he has been.

keylime_5
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
It's crazy how great Heyward played against Arkansas in the second half after he dislocated his elbow. Man was possessed in that game.

TACKLE
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Well it makes a lot more sense now why he opted out of the Senior Bowl.

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
It's crazy how great Heyward played against Arkansas in the second half after he dislocated his elbow. Man was possessed in that game.

I think when Mallett was acting like a ***** one of the many times Heyward owned him was when his elbow got hurt.

That baby couldn't take a sack or a knockdown like a man. It was hilarious.

ElectricEye
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Falling down to pick #17? I think so.

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Falling down to pick #17? I think so.

He would tear it up for you guys. The rich get richer.

bigbluedefense
01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Kiper doesn't even have him going in the 1st round right now. He has Watt going to the Pats.

It makes you wonder, with so many 5 techs available in this draft, how many will realistically go in the 1st round? It doesn't seem to be a position that many teams like spending a 1st round pick on.

One of these 5 techs will fall. I doubt it's Heyward though.

Shane P. Hallam
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Kiper doesn't even have him going in the 1st round right now. He has Watt going to the Pats.

It makes you wonder, with so many 5 techs available in this draft, how many will realistically go in the 1st round? It doesn't seem to be a position that many teams like spending a 1st round pick on.

One of these 5 techs will fall. I doubt it's Heyward though.

It very well could be Heyward with this news. Wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the 2nd.

ElectricEye
01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Won't make it past the first pick in the second round. Bank on that. Maybe even if we take Watt.