PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on Rob Ryan as DC

IrishBrowns
01-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Congratulations on getting Rob Ryan as a defensive coordinator. I loved him here in Cleveland, I think he will do wonders for you guys. You guys will soon find out, and I'm sure love him. Doesn't seem like much of a post, but realization is just setting in. He's gonna be a great DC there in Dallas

LizardState
01-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Awesome track rcd -- The guy turned the Oakland defense from like 30th in the NFL to top 10 in <2 yrs by drafting Ndami Asomugha & Kirk Morrison, then Tommy Kelly merged as a superstar on their DL.

His eagle eye for talent can maybe find another Asomugha-caliber corner to replace Newman & another 3-4 DE to replace Spears, I think both are toast in Dallas as of next month.

Xonraider
01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Awesome track rcd -- The guy turned the Oakland defense from like 30th in the NFL to top 10 in <2 yrs by drafting Ndami Asomugha & Kirk Morrison, then Tommy Kelly merged as a superstar on their DL.

His eagle eye for talent can maybe find another Asomugha-caliber corner to replace Newman & another 3-4 DE to replace Spears, I think both are toast in Dallas as of next month.

Rob Ryan was not on the team when Asomugha got drafted, and little did Tommy Kelly and Kirk Morrison had to do with the ''success'' of that defense. To be honest they were only good against the pass.

Not that Rob isn't a good coordinator, but his time in Oakland wasn't productive due to lack of talent on the squad (we only had 2 linebackers) and Al Davis

LizardState
01-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Morrison was like 4th rd. pick from San Diego St. & they only drafted him b/c he was an Oakland native, yet he had a great rookie yr. & led the League in tackles for a time. He regressed later -- very badly in 09 & was benched -- so they released him just before drafting McClain.

Ryan won his argument w/ Davis about Tyler Brayton, who was awful at OLB/pass rusher, moved him back to DE where played in college at Colorado, he has since moved on from the Raiders. He also tinkered with their DL that couldnt stop the run for **** in pre-Ryan days & elevated them in NFL rankings, & he s/b credited for developing Asomugha who may not have been a Ryan draftee but was basically another local player & JAG from Cal who has since become the premier CB in the NFL along with Revis, he may be THE BEST at man coverage now -- note that Revis wanted to paid like him when he held out for the bigger salary last summer. Asomugha didn't put up the big nos. lately b/c offenses simply don't throw at him.

Any way you look at it he turned a terrible Oakland defense around, before they had Sapp who was leading the league only in fines & famous more for throwing punches, loafing & kicking pylons.

E-Man
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm excited to have him. There is some talent here that he can work with, and I imagine that he's going to get more to work with in the draft and FA. When you consider that the offense just needs some line changes, defense should get the majority of attention in the offseason.

LizardState
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Nobody wusses out in camp next Summer. This is primarily what he brings to the party.

D-Unit
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
More accountability. I likey.