PDA

View Full Version : 2 day mock

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
2011 NFL Mock Draft 1/19/2011
1. Carolina Panthers – Da’Quan Bowers* – DE - Clemson
2. Denver Broncos – Nick Fairley* - DL – Auburn
I feel that Fairley’s best position would be a UT in a 4-3; however I think he can manage playing in a 3-4. Denver has a somewhat good problem at QB kind of like Philly just not as good, now that Luck returned they pick a defensive player to try and help that awful run defense.

3. Buffalo Bills – Jake Locker – QB - Washington
I don’t think they can wait any longer to grab a QB to me, I thought about Green here but I couldn’t as did I with Cam. Locker was what everybody was talking about and yeah came back and had a weak year compared to his JR season, but I think the kid can play in the NFL.

4. Cincinnati Bengals – AJ Green* – WR – Georgia
5. Arizona Cardinals – Cameron Newton* – QB - Auburn
6. Cleveland Browns – Robert Quinn* - DE/OLB – North Carolina
This was kind of hard because a lot of guys came to mind, do they need QB or maybe a true wideout like Julio Jones? Marcell Dareus and Adrian Clayborn both came to mind to but Quinn is a player that could potentially be an Elvis Dumerville type player.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Blaine Gabbert* - QB - Missouri
8. Tennessee Titans – Patrick Peterson* - CB – LSU
This pick was also sort of weird with the whole V young situation. Fisher seems to be returning, probably meaning Young doesn’t and the only QB left with the first round label is probably Mallett. However Peterson is a rare talent and could form a nice duo with Cortland Finnegan.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Marcell Dareus* - DL - Alabama
10. Washington Redskins – Adrian Clayborn – DL - Iowa
11. Houston Texans – Prince Amukamara – CB - Nebraska
12. Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Mallett* – QB – Arkansas
Minnesota gets lucky that a QB is still available, they can’t move on with Tavaris or Joe Webb.

13. Detroit Lions – Martez Wilson* - LB - Illinois
14. St. Louis Rams – Julio Jones* - WR - Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins – Derek Sherrod – OT – Mississippi State
16. Jacksonville Jaguars –JJ Watt – DE - Wisconsin
17. New England Patriots (OAK) – Mark Ingram* - RB
The Patriots have proven to be successful without a really talented RB and they get a good but not great one here in Ingram.

18. San Diego Chargers – Rahim Moore – FS – UCLA
This was also a pick that could go different ways because of how well this team is on paper. Brandon Harris and Nate Solder were the other options to me, but an upgrade at FS is better than doubting the capabilities of Antoine Cason.

19. New York Giants – Gabe Carimi – OL - Wisconsin
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Akeem Ayers – LB - UCLA
21. Kansas City Chiefs – Von Miller – LB – Texas A&M
22. Indianapolis Colts – Cameron Heyward – DT – Ohio State
This pick came to mind as soon as I moved on to it, the run defense could use some help and getting Heyward this late is a steal.

23. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Harris* – CB - Miami
24. New Orleans Saints – Stephen Paea – DT – Oregon State
25. Seattle Seahawks – Aaron Williams* – CB – Texas
Though Williams had somewhat of a down year, I think he has the skills to be a starting CB in the NFL. I was also thinking about OL and DL but felt Williams was the last of 4 first round corners.

26. Baltimore Ravens – Greg Jones – LB – Michigan State
27. Atlanta Falcons – Anthony Castonzo – OL – Boston College
28. New England Patriots – Cameron Jordan – DE – Cal
I thought about going Baldwin here but he isn’t all that impressive to me and Brady can do without him in my opinion.

29. New York Jets – Aldon Smith – DE/LB - Missouri
30. Chicago Bears – Jonathan Baldwin – WR - Pittsburgh
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Nate Solder – OT - Colorado
32. Green Bay Packers – Mike Pouncey – OG - Florida

49erNation85
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
nice work on the mock .But if SF has to worry about taking gabbert I would rathe take BPA not a QB in this situation.SF could easily pick the best CB in the draft and upgrade the defense .

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah I hear you it was strange having PP last that long, I just felt that Harbaugh will probably lobby for a QB.

Matthew Jones
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd probably be hoping for someone like Akeem Ayers over Mark Ingram. Cameron Jordan is sexy though.

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I feel RB is a legitmate need for you guys, it would really help towards the end of games to have a solid back like Ingram. I know he isn't a crazy prospect but he is a first rounder to me, I think he would thrive in NE.

killxswitch
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh barf no way do the Colts need Cam Heyward. We need OL way more than an overrated DE trying to play DT. If the Colts never draft another Ohio State player it will be too soon.

prock
01-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I dig Mallet.

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I think he would be great in between 2 guys like Freeney and Mathis. You are probably right though I skipped over OL because your run defense blows. It played better than it had earliar in the season but it still isn't good.

killxswitch
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I think he would be great in between 2 guys like Freeney and Mathis. You are probably right though I skipped over OL because your run defense blows. It played better than it had earliar in the season but it still isn't good.

I won't disagree that the run defense sucks balls. However, our run offense is even worse! And I don't think Heyward is even the right guy to come in and help the run defense. I don't think he would be much of a DT in a 4-3.

A Perfect Score
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Please dear god give us Cam Jordan instead of Greg Jones. Please. A million times please.

coordinator0
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm a Michigan State homer and I would LOVE to see Jones on the Ravens, but with Cam Jordan left on the board I think we'd have to go in that direction. Of course if Pagano really is more aggressive then we could get by with Redding, who was solid this season.

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah Baltimore needs 3-4 end help probably I just gave them the best ILB there is. Allen Bailey was also an option as was Cam.

T-RICH49
01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
love KC's pick

Master Exploder
01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't see how Atlanta takes an OT with Sam Baker who picked it up towards the latter part of the year and Tyson Clabo, who is going to the Pro Bowl and was probably the best RT in the league this year.

We actually have a huge hole at DE and Aldon Smith seems like he's just sitting on our doorstep in this situation. Do you not think that would seem like a more likely pick?

akvikefan89
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Mallett's off-field stuff concerns me, but in that situation I can't disagree with the pick.

toddmlazarchick
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Way too early for Clayborn. Give us Jones, Amukamara or Watt instead.

thenewfeature06
01-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't see how Atlanta takes an OT with Sam Baker who picked it up towards the latter part of the year and Tyson Clabo, who is going to the Pro Bowl and was probably the best RT in the league this year.

We actually have a huge hole at DE and Aldon Smith seems like he's just sitting on our doorstep in this situation. Do you not think that would seem like a more likely pick?

Yeah I didn't really know where to go with that pick but Aldon was an option, I figured Biermen and Abraham were a solid combo but nothing special.

GB12
01-21-2011, 07:20 PM
A guard isn't a good pick for the Packers. We have Sitton set on the right side. On the left, both Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz are free agents. So we're either going to have to go after a big name like Nicks or Joseph or re-sign Colledge to a semi-big deal. I can't see us having TJ Lang penciled in as the starter on draft day. And if for some reason we did, it'd be because Thompson wants him to be the starter there. We're not going to go into the draft with an opening at LG.

Justin Houston would be perfect.

thebow305
01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Why do people keep giving us an OL in the 1st round. We've taken plenty of OL and DL high the last couple years and it has got us nowhere. This will likely be skill-position-heavy draft for the Phins and Mark Ingram at 15 would make a LOT more sense. OT just isn't a first round need!

TonyGfortheTD
01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
love KC's pick

Why? The Chiefs don't need a weakside backer.

farfromforgotten
01-22-2011, 08:14 AM
QB is definetely a top need for SF and if Harbaugh likes a QB enough to draft him at 7 I'd be all for it, but man its hard seeing us pass on PP and Prince.

SimonRath
01-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah I didn't really know where to go with that pick but Aldon was an option, I figured Biermen and Abraham were a solid combo but nothing special.

Abraham is a monster, but getting old and I expect him to be done in 2 years and Biermen is nothing to write home about. He is solid but not a dangerous pass rusher. He's excellent in a rotation.

Brent
01-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Niners wouldnt pass on Peterson, CB is too great a need on defense.

redbills
01-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Locker at 3, yea no fing way will i be happy with that.

thenewfeature06
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
What other QB really outshines Locker though? I mean he had a bad year, Washington sucks yet his JR year he played well. I think QB is the pick and the other 3 certainly have problems as well.

txparkes49x
01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Peterson > Gabbert. Were gonna find a new QB from another team. and if we pick a QB id want Locker or Mallett.

thenewfeature06
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Peterson > Gabbert. Were gonna find a new QB from another team. and if we pick a QB id want Locker or Mallett.

Yeah haha I understand, like I said I feel like Harbaugh will want a guy through the draft since Troy is a borderline starter and Alex Smith is no longer a guy that can win games. Maybe they do get a guy like McNabb or Kolb but until I see it, new coach, new QB. I am not knocking Peterson at all and CB is a huge weakness for them but QB is more important to me.

txparkes49x
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah haha I understand, like I said I feel like Harbaugh will want a guy through the draft since Troy is a borderline starter and Alex Smith is no longer a guy that can win games. Maybe they do get a guy like McNabb or Kolb but until I see it, new coach, new QB. I am not knocking Peterson at all and CB is a huge weakness for them but QB is more important to me.

I agree QB is the most important to me too. Im just hoping Harbaughs guy is somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd and not Gabbert lol.

proshoota25
01-23-2011, 01:48 AM
i find ur explanation of why ingram gets picked to the pats to be quite funny. if the patriots are going to take a rb that high, they think he will be an absolute stuud. theres no way they take a position where value can be found in the third round, and think someone will only be mediocre lol beautiful pick in cam jordan tho