PDA

View Full Version : Chances that Amukamara Falls Out of the Top 10?

Bald_81
01-23-2011, 11:54 AM
This is an absolute pipe dream on my part because I'd love for him to fall to the Rams (not going to happen especially with Houston ahead of us) but is there any chance he slides out of the top ten? The last stand would be by Dallas at #9 but perhaps they address their defensive line instead?

This could also address whether or not anyone feels as if he is worth a top ten pick as well. I haven't really seen a lot of him because I figure the Rams wouldn't have a chance at him but I've seen some various mock drafts with him at our pick so I'd like to gauge his prospects.

shylo3716
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Dallas very much so needs an upgrade over Terrence Newman who is aging. Mike Jenkins was getting exposed this year by numerous WRs *notable Kenny Britt.

No chance he falls past Dallas especially due to the fact they miss out on PP.

Rams dream choice should be Julio Jones, but I can see Cleveland snatching him up, so you may have to settle for Baldwin.

Bald_81
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
If both Jones and Amukamara are on the board, my choice would be Amukamara. I just wanted to gauge the chances of him being there or falling out of the top ten. In a scenario where he's gone and Jones gets past Cleveland, Julio Jones will be a Ram unless we decide to pass on him. The next logical threat to take him would be Washington but I really think they're going to go QB at #10 unless they make a move before the draft. Shanahan needs his "guy" and I believe they'll take either Gabbert or Locker at their spot leaving Julio Jones for us, if we so choose to take him.

shylo3716
01-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Julio is yours to have IF Cleveland passes him up. I see no way of you getting Amukamara unless you trade up before Dallas. It would be pointless when Bradford needs a deep-threat.

D-Unit
01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
When Dallas signs Asomugha, they will pass on Prince and draft Von Miller

MI_Buckeye
01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I think there is an legitimate, yet outside chance he falls out of the top 8, especially if two quarterbacks go that high. At that point, there will be a bidding war for his services as Houston, Detroit, St. Louis and others jockey for position to get one of the steals of the first round. IMO, no way he falls out of the top ten.

Master Exploder
01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
If he makes it out of the top 10, which is not as unlikely as you may think... and he survives Houston... I will have a hard time seeing him get past Detroit. I would imagine they would be running to the podium to make that pick.

Bald_81
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
F***, I forgot about Detroit. And so my man crush on Amukamara ends at a record low four hours. No point in even getting my hopes up for something that has no shot of happening.

ThePudge
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I think he'll wind up being drafted between the 8th and 13th pick. There is a small chance he falls to the Rams though.

toddmlazarchick
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
When Dallas signs Asomugha, they will pass on Prince and draft Von Miller

Boy what a dream come true that would be for you guys to drop a mint on Nnamdi and then reach for Miller at #9 :)

I sure hope either of them can play OL for ya

toddmlazarchick
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
F***, I forgot about Detroit. And so my man crush on Amukamara ends at a record low four hours. No point in even getting my hopes up for something that has no shot of happening.

No one said Orakpo would make it to #13 either so there is always hope.

toddmlazarchick
01-23-2011, 06:07 PM
If both Jones and Amukamara are on the board, my choice would be Amukamara. I just wanted to gauge the chances of him being there or falling out of the top ten. In a scenario where he's gone and Jones gets past Cleveland, Julio Jones will be a Ram unless we decide to pass on him. The next logical threat to take him would be Washington but I really think they're going to go QB at #10 unless they make a move before the draft. Shanahan needs his "guy" and I believe they'll take either Gabbert or Locker at their spot leaving Julio Jones for us, if we so choose to take him.

Shanahan needs to be wowed by a QB to justify taking one. WR,LB,DL are the front runners. Im pulling for Jones because I dont think Quinn will be there at #10 and Miller isn't a top 10 or even 15 value. Fairley will be gone. I think it will come down to Quinn(if he falls), Darues and Jones. Im pulling for Jones personally so we shall see.

StaticGator
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
There's only been one CB picked in the top 10 of the last 5 drafts, so, yes, it's definitely a possibility just due to positional value.

PhinsRock
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I think Amukamara will fall. I honestly don't get the hype.

He's not physical enough against the run, has serious problems defending big WR's, is not very good down the field, and doesn't bump-and-run very well.

He's a good CB. 1st round talent. But I wouldn't take him in the top 10.

TitanHope
01-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Dallas very much so needs an upgrade over Terrence Newman who is aging. Mike Jenkins was getting exposed this year by numerous WRs *notable Kenny Britt.

No chance he falls past Dallas especially due to the fact they miss out on PP.

Rams dream choice should be Julio Jones, but I can see Cleveland snatching him up, so you may have to settle for Baldwin.

The Kenny Britt does that to everyone though. :D

LizardState
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Dallas isnt going to pay Newman $9M next yr, & I seriously doubt he passes them if they don't take Peterson

D-Unit
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Boy what a dream come true that would be for you guys to drop a mint on Nnamdi and then reach for Miller at #9 :)

I sure hope either of them can play OL for ya
Yeah, cause Trent Williams helped you guys improve your record so much last year.

descendency
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, cause Trent Williams helped you guys improve your record so much last year.

They had Donovan McNabb and Albert Haynesworth. I don't think you could have two more worthless players.

ElectricEye
01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Albert-Haynesworth-Fail.gif

I can think of much more worthless players than McNabb, but fewer more worthless than Fat Al.

D-Unit
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
They had Donovan McNabb and Albert Haynesworth. I don't think you could have two more worthless players.
Makes me laugh that he thought spending a mint on Aso was a bad idea.

toddmlazarchick
01-24-2011, 02:56 AM

Because ignoring the OL and DL is the way to build a team...that's why I'm glad you have Jurrah Jones. Perhaps you will go Julio or Ingram this year...

toddmlazarchick
01-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Makes me laugh that he thought spending a mint on Aso was a bad idea.

Making a 30yo CB the highest paid defensive player in the league is a wonderful idea guy.....

SimonRath
01-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Making a 30yo CB the highest paid defensive player in the league is a wonderful idea guy.....

if it is a short contract then there is nothing wrong with it.. hes arguably the 2nd best CB in the entire league! who wouldnt want that?

TheFinisher
01-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Because ignoring the OL and DL is the way to build a team...that's why I'm glad you have Jurrah Jones. Perhaps you will go Julio or Ingram this year...

Perhaps you should relay that information to your front office, they haven't had a team that was relevant for a very long time. How's Albert Hanyesworth worked out for you??

TheFinisher
01-24-2011, 08:12 AM

He's the best corner in the NFL, I don't get your point.

87Canes
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Brandon Harris is better than Prince. He got HEAVILY exposed by the only good WR he played all year which was Justin Blackmon. Harris' only bad game was vs Michael Floyd.

I'm not a big fan of Big 12 CBs. They're usually not fast enough for NFL WRs and their technique isn't the greatest. I'd take Colorado CB Jimmy Smith before I took Prince.

ellsy82
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Brandon Harris is better than Prince. He got HEAVILY exposed by the only good WR he played all year which was Justin Blackmon. Harris' only bad game was vs Michael Floyd.

I'm not a big fan of Big 12 CBs. They're usually not fast enough for NFL WRs and their technique isn't the greatest. I'd take Colorado CB Jimmy Smith before I took Prince.

Really? Whew. Part of the reason Amukamara's lack of production is that QBs just didn't throw his way. The only time he got abused was playing Justin Blackmon (if you watch the play, he simply got his feet tangled up, and the play was over after that), which is about as bad as Floyd beating Harris. Harris had far worse performances throughout the season.

Plus, Prince is far better in run support, which, you know, is important to some teams.

87Canes
01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Really? Whew. Part of the reason Amukamara's lack of production is that QBs just didn't throw his way. The only time he got abused was playing Justin Blackmon (if you watch the play, he simply got his feet tangled up, and the play was over after that), which is about as bad as Floyd beating Harris. Harris had far worse performances throughout the season.

Plus, Prince is far better in run support, which, you know, is important to some teams.

Prince played ONE good or decent WR. Harris has played numerous good WRs throughout his career and only Floyd abused him. Prince and Brandon are neck to neck regarding tackling. I just know that Big 12 CBs usually don't translate well to the NFL. ACC CBs are much more athletic and translate a lot better to the NFL. Too much spread O in the Big 12 which doesn't really expose you to real NFL type routes.

keylime_5
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Julio is yours to have IF Cleveland passes him up. I see no way of you getting Amukamara unless you trade up before Dallas. It would be pointless when Bradford needs a deep-threat.

Tom Heckert doesn't rub me as a guy who would take a WR like Jones in the top ten either, especially with all those great defensive linemen to be had.

87Canes
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg

This video shows 3 deep passes; 2 caught by Blackmon (1 was perfect coverage just a heck of a catch by WR), pass interference on the 2nd one and the flea flicker which was man coverage and Prince got caught looking in the back field but ends up being a long TD.

I see an undisciplined CB exposed by the one good WR he played all year.

87Canes
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0yjcu9CJvc&feature=related

The difference between Prince and Harris = ball skills - When that ball is in the air, Harris will go get it and bat it down. Prince will just tackle them I guess...

toddmlazarchick
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Perhaps you should relay that information to your front office, they haven't had a team that was relevant for a very long time. How's Albert Hanyesworth worked out for you??

I don't have to. Shanahan took our LT at #4 last year and you can't build a team in one year. But good try at being funny, worked out well for you.

toddmlazarchick
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
if it is a short contract then there is nothing wrong with it.. hes arguably the 2nd best CB in the entire league! who wouldnt want that?

He's the best corner in the NFL, I don't get your point.

Why would he sign a short contract and leave money on the table elsewhere? Teams will want to pay him big money. Id love to see Dallas waste the money on him :)

Dennis Moore
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM

Well this is just a silly opinion. You're out of your element, clearly.

Dennis Moore
01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Edit: double post, don't know how to delete.

87Canes
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Well this is just a silly opinion. You're out of your element, clearly.

And you can prove this because? Please don't comment if you're not going to provide support for your statement. Give me the name of the last good big 12 CB........

descendency
01-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I love Brandon Harris. I could completely see him as the #1 CB in this class, especially if Patrick Peterson only plays safety.

D-Unit
01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
The Cowboys mentioned 2 cornerbacks they liked... Peterson and Harris. Prince wasn't mentioned. I thought that was interesting.

My only knock on Prince are... where are the INTs? Leodis McKelvin got hammered for that as a prospect. Nobody mentions a thing about it with Prince.

87Canes
01-25-2011, 08:37 PM
The Cowboys mentioned 2 cornerbacks they liked... Peterson and Harris. Prince wasn't mentioned. I thought that was interesting.

My only knock on Prince are... where are the INTs? Leodis McKelvin got hammered for that as a prospect. Nobody mentions a thing about it with Prince.

Exactly my point. People say well QBs didn't throw his way but when they did, the WR got TDs. I want my CB to make plays and shut down the WR...

TACKLE
01-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Methinks the fact that the best two CB's in the game combined for a grand total of 0 interceptions this year may be having an effect on how people value the INT stat.

87Canes
01-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Methinks the fact that the best two CB's in the game combined for a grand total of 0 interceptions this year may be having an effect on how people value the INT stat.

And the 2 best CBs are?

TACKLE
01-25-2011, 08:44 PM
And the 2 best CBs are?

Nnamdi and Revis.

87Canes
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Nnamdi and Revis.

Revis can't catch and he showed that last week on a huge drop for an INT. I'll take a Charles Woodson over Revis anytime. I can't argue with Asomugha though...

keylime_5
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0yjcu9CJvc&feature=related

The difference between Prince and Harris = ball skills - When that ball is in the air, Harris will go get it and bat it down. Prince will just tackle them I guess...

the difference is that when the ball is in the air, it's not coming Prince's way because he has his man shutdown. They hardly threw it at him. Same with Revis and Asomugha in the NFL.

jtice2003
01-26-2011, 12:32 AM
no way he gets past dallas please!

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Revis can't catch and he showed that last week on a huge drop for an INT. I'll take a Charles Woodson over Revis anytime. I can't argue with Asomugha though...

You would take Charles Woodson over Revis?

Okay.

Enough said.. Really!

87Canes
01-26-2011, 07:23 PM
You would take Charles Woodson over Revis?

Okay.

Enough said.. Really!

Must be a Jets fan. If you trully look into the scheme of NYJ and GB, Capers gives Woodson the freedom to make plays. Rex doesn't do that with Revis as he sticks him on the offenses best WR. You'll hardly see Revis with a safety over the top and you'll see tha often with Woodson so he takes chances and makes plays. Revis shuts down one side of the field which Woodson can also do when he's literally setup to play a man all day. Which doesn't happen for him anymore...

One guy stops TDs from being scored so you would hope that the Jets offense can score while GB's defense SCORES for you because of Chuck's playmaking ability so I'll take the defensive stud that scores points for me :)

SimonRath
01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Why would he sign a short contract and leave money on the table elsewhere? Teams will want to pay him big money. Id love to see Dallas waste the money on him :)

by short term contract i meant not a 5+ year contract. shoulda been more specific haha

SimonRath
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTRvBiV15wY&feature=related

Revis cant catch to save his life.. righttttt

87Canes
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTRvBiV15wY&feature=related

Revis cant catch to save his life.. righttttt

Nothing spectacular about those pics. Those are all routine catches for a CB and their 2009 highlights.

SimonRath
01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Nothing spectacular about those pics. Those are all routine catches for a CB and their 2009 highlights.

Routine? seriously? go watch 2:25. thats a routine pick? and basically out jumping Randy Moss for a jump ball is easy? wow..

and so what if they are 2009? do picks in 2009 not count? i forgot that fact.. my bad