PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Mock v 1.2

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Okay so I read some of the complaints on the first one and fixed some of the issues and re did the Mock. Lets here the criticism now.

1 CAR Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson -They have been looking for a replacement for Peppers and Bowers is quick and a ball hawk of an end
2 DEN Nick Fairley DT Auburn – Cam Newton isn’t the best player at Aubrn but he does get all the credit. A close second to Bowers as the stud on the D-Line.
3 BUF AJ Green WR Georgia – While the new thoughts say Gabbert here I think that the bigger issue is that Lee Evans hasn’t been productive and Steve Johnson has only had one good year.
4 CIN Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri – They have to get something here and while I think Mallett is a better option Gabbert is getting a lot of pub right now.Oh and Palmer is demanding a trade or he says he will retire. Gabbert a great option for them now.
5 ARI Patrick Patterson CB LSU – The best athlete in the draft and a great pick for Arizona who already has a great one in DRC.
6 CLE Robert Quinn – DE North Carolina – They need some speed on the outside of a dismal D-Line.
7 S.F Marcel Dareus DT Alabama – Dareus is a great big man in the middle and is a value pick here. Kiper has him as a top 5 value.
8 TEN Cam Newton QB Auburn – This is the same type of QB they had with Young but Fisher is hoping for a different result. A reach here in my assessment.
9 DAL Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska – They need some DB’s in the NFC East and Amukamara is a great one.
10 WAS Jake Locker QB Wahington – Shanahan wants a west coast QB and he can get it with Locker.
11 HOU Von Miller LB/DE Texas A&M – A versatile player with some major upside and could add to their young linebacking core or be used as a quick edge rusher.
12 MIN Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas – Best, NFL Ready QB, in the draft for my money. Vikes finally get a big young arm.
13 DET Nate Solder OT Colorado – They need a big man to help out Cherilus and the others on the line.
14 STL Julio Jones WR Alabama – Amendola was Bradfords top target no more explanation needed.
15 MIA Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue - They need a receiver but the remaining ones are a reach here.
16 JAC Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA – If he falls here Del Rio won’t be able to pass on him
17 N.E Aldon Smith OLB Missouri – A great option in a 3-4 D and he has some great speed to help them get younger.
18 S.D Rahim Moore S UCLA – They need a receiver but a bug reach here. Moore is the best safety in the draft and could help a mediocre secondary.
19. NYG Anthony Costanzo OT Boston College – Kid is good and Eli could use some help at tackle and the guys in the middle (Diehl and crew) would be great teachers for him.
20 T.B. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa – Great motor and good work ethic from the Ferentz school of hard work. Great fit for Morris and the young Bucs.
21 K.C J.J Watt DE Wisconsin – They need some speed on the line and didn’t seem to have much help for Dorsey this year up there.
22 IND Mark Ingram RB Alabama – With Addai a free agent and Brown unable to show the ability to step up Ingram is a great pick here.
23 PHI Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State – Good upside and could help Vick get some protection.
24 N.O Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin – A Tackle who’s draft stock is soaring and Brees needs some protection.
25 SEA Phil Taylor DT Baylor – A little high here but he could fill a need at DT.
26 ATL Tyron Smith OT USC – Line help and running help for the Falcons could be a great pick for them here.
27 N.E Cameron Jordan DE California – Another D pickup here but no real receivers for Belicheck here. Plus there are rumblings they be in the Dez Bryant sweepstakes.
28 BAL Brandon Harris CB Miami Fl. – Baltimore is getting a little long in the tooth on defense and could use some young guys to step in. Plus he is from the U.
29 PIT Benjamin Ijalana OT Villanova – A big east coast Tackle and a gritty player. Good fit for the Steelers.
30 CHI Stephen Paea DT Oregon State – Some have him higher but I think he will fall right into Lovie’s lap of D.
31 G.B Mike Pouncey C/G Florida – After the game today they seem to be a little week ont the line and Pouncey is very versatile up front.
32 NYJ – Muhammed Wilkerson DT Temple – A great player at a small school and he is from the east coast so Rex has had a chance to see him.

Razor
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Great Patriots draft. But I haven't heard or read anything about Dez to NE anywhere. I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

akvikefan89
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Good MN pick.

Matthew Jones
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Great Patriots draft. But I haven't heard or read anything about Dez to NE anywhere. I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

I'd agree with this.

Master Exploder
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Ryan Kerrigan to the Dolphins? I don't understand that pick-up. They have Koa Misi and Cameron Wake, both are young and pretty productive. What is your reasoning for this?

The Kansas City pick-up is a little questionable, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

I actually like the Atlanta Falcon's pick, Tyron Smith definitely has a lot of potential, but OT is really not that big of a need for us. We have a young LT who has had his share of ups and downs, but overall he's pretty average and he's quite young and we have a Pro Bowl RT opposite of him. Unless we don't bring back Tyson Clabo, I doubt we take a tackle in the 1st round.

49erNation85
01-23-2011, 06:35 PM
DT for SF just isn't a big need round one.Either take Prince or Locker at this point .

sportslover
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
What do you mean Dez to the Patriots. I haven't heard anything about Dez going anywhere or the Cowboys wanting him too?

Nalej
01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
What do you mean Dez to the Patriots. I haven't heard anything about Dez going anywhere or the Cowboys wanting him too?

This. Times a million

Master Exploder
01-23-2011, 07:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4677251/should-the-cowboys-trade-dez-bryant

That's what he is talking about. Basically, a radio host posed a question to his viewers that if Dallas had the chance to pick-up another 1st round draft pick by trading Dez Bryant, would they consider it? Apparently, someone in the Cowboys front office was asked if he would consider it, and he said, "I'd think about it."

It's really getting blown up for no reason at all though. The Cowboys would probably only think about it if it meant they could get a 1st and a 2nd, or something a little absurd.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Give us Pouncey

stl9erfan
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
There are basically three possibilities for the Niners-- QB, CB, or 3-4 OLB. Dareus just doesn't really fit any of those. Like him as a player but not a fit for SF. Given the way you have the first 6 picks going, I think that means either Amukamara, Vonn Miller, or Newton... at this point, I'd probably go with Amukamara.

T-RICH49
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
no to Watt.Justin Houston would be better.we need an OLB oppo Tamba and Houston fills the bill

Monomach
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Give us Pouncey

I'm sure you're a Packers fan posing as a Bears fan.

Bengals78
01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
no to Watt.Justin Houston would be better.we need an OLB oppo Tamba and Houston fills the bill

That is a damn lie. You should feel honored.

prock
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I can dig Mallet.

JaxJag_1
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
I can dig Mallet.

Sure, who doesn't love drug addict's as their Quarterback.

---

Also, Jack Del Rio is not our decision maker so whether or not he likes Ayers or not won't decide if he's our pick.

thebow305
01-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Terrible Phins pick. LB isn't a first round need and 15 is a reach for Kerrigan. Mark Ingram please!

Go_Eagles77
01-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Solid eagles pick, but Carimi would be the better fit in my opinion. Still, I wouldn't complain if the eagles went Sherrod instead.

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-24-2011, 10:43 AM

It was reported by ESPN the other day. They said that the Cowbots were looking to get rid of him and the Pats were seriously interested.

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Sure, who doesn't love drug addict's as their Quarterback.

---

Also, Jack Del Rio is not our decision maker so whether or not he likes Ayers or not won't decide if he's our pick.

You must not know much aboyt pro football then. Unless you are Sparano or Hue Jackson, or Jason Garrett you always have a strong say in the draft. Ayers wouold be a good fit for this team.

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Terrible Phins pick. LB isn't a first round need and 15 is a reach for Kerrigan. Mark Ingram please!

A lot of you are talking Ingram to the phins, but I just dont see them going that way in round one (later rounds I could see). Wake is good and so is Misi but they are natural backers. Kerrigan is a true end while he is in a 4-3 now has the speed to convert.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm sure you're a Packers fan posing as a Bears fan.

Far from from it dude.

Monomach
01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Far from from it dude.
Ok, then learn football, imo.

PhinsRock
01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that if Miami stays at 15, they will go offense.

There is zero chance they go D. Zero.

Not after what our owner has done this off season.

GoRavens
01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I just don't like Brandon Harris at all as a prospect.
Can someone convince me why he's a first rounder?

SilentJaguar
01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
You must not know much aboyt pro football then. Unless you are Sparano or Hue Jackson, or Jason Garrett you always have a strong say in the draft. Ayers wouold be a good fit for this team.
A linebacker that seemingly shies away from contact is a "good fit"? C'mon now...

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Ok, then learn football, imo.

I know football and I know the Bears. Your probably one of those fans that was burning a Cutler jersey

jared3
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey Indy fan,

I am a Colts fan as well and I will say this, NO WAY Mark Ingram falls past 20 other teams. And I don't want the Colts to select ANOTHER RB in the first round. And all NFL teams know you can get a good rb in rounds 2-5 anway. Look at the Green Bay Packers and RB Starks who I believe was a 6th round pick last year and he is doing a great job in GB.

For the Colts, give them DT Stephen Paea. He is a quick and smallish DT that fits the Colts system.

Nice effort on the mock though!

SimonRath
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
26 ATL Tyron Smith OT USC – Line help and running help for the Falcons could be a great pick for them here.

good value pick. if OT dont work out he has the body to be a TE...

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
01-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey Indy fan,

I am a Colts fan as well and I will say this, NO WAY Mark Ingram falls past 20 other teams. And I don't want the Colts to select ANOTHER RB in the first round. And all NFL teams know you can get a good rb in rounds 2-5 anway. Look at the Green Bay Packers and RB Starks who I believe was a 6th round pick last year and he is doing a great job in GB.

For the Colts, give them DT Stephen Paea. He is a quick and smallish DT that fits the Colts system.

Nice effort on the mock though!

Thanks Jared.

I here you on the back but Ingram is undervalued and a big performer. If he is there we cant miss on this one. Plus you know Polian is a value pick guy.

RealityCheck
01-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Great Pats mock, not sure if Jordan falls all the way to 28 though.

killxswitch
01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Mark Ingram is A TERRIBLE PICK. NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

Seriously. You're an "Indy fan" but you give the two best OTs in the draft to the two teams that pick immediately after the Colts when that is exactly where the team needs the most help. Mark Ingram? If Polian drafts him or any other RB in the 1st it's time to ship him off to the old folks home.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Great Pats mock, not sure if Jordan falls all the way to 28 though.

He won't slip past the jags

Monomach
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I know football and I know the Bears. Your probably one of those fans that was burning a Cutler jersey

If you did anything on this board other than ask for crappy players to replace good players in Bears mocks, you'd know how ridiculous of a statement this is.

the_dark_knight
01-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Give the Falcons Jordan in this scenario please.