PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Transcribing Interviews with Prospects!

Shane P. Hallam
01-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Scott and I are looking for someone to put in some MAJOR time starting on Tuesday (5 to 8 hours,) and transcribe the interviews with the prospects we do tomorrow night. If someone is willing to put in the time and does a good job, Scott will give some major swag to you.

Tomorrow night is Media Night, so Scott and I will be interviewing about 5 players each. We will get the audio files online but need someone to listen and write down what we are asking and the player is answering. It will be a lot of work (especially with the mumbling players,) but you will be rewarded! Reply or PM me to let me know.

Matthew Jones
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I can help out with some of it, just send me a copy of the files. I have class until 2:30 on Tuesday but I should have some free time after that.

marshallb
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I can help out with some of it, just send me a copy of the files. I have class until 2:30 on Tuesday but I should have some free time after that.

Yea, I should be able to help out with a bit of it too. I have class until 3 ET Tuesday, but should be free after that other than maybe some homework.

ElectricEye
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
If you still need help, I would be absolutely enthralled to help this site out in any way that I could. I'm free all night Tuesday as well.

If there's more than one person working on this, we should get an IRC channel or a chat room(Maybe a time to bust out some Google Wave for file sharing purposes?) of some sort up to be more organized and help each other out with mumbler interpretations and such.

Shane P. Hallam
01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
We would ideally like to have one person we can trust to work and do it. Basically ensure these aren't leaked or sent out.

marshallb
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
We would ideally like to have one person we can trust to work and do it. Basically ensure these aren't leaked or sent out.

I understand that, but I have to say that I wouldn't have or really be willing to put in 5-8 hours on Tuesday alone. I could maybe put that much time in over a couple days, but it sounds like you'd like it done quickly so that probably wouldn't work out. I could take about half of it if you need it, though.

Shane P. Hallam
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Oh don't need them immediately. We'd like to get them gradually in over the next 2 weeks or so.

Matthew Jones
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh don't need them immediately. We'd like to get them gradually in over the next 2 weeks or so.

In that case I think I could handle it.

marshallb
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
In that case I think I could handle it.

I would say the same thing. I just took it that you wanted it pretty soon from how I read the OP.

EDIT: Just PM me if you would like my help.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I, too, am more than willing to help out.

Edit: I only have two classes on Tuesday and none on Thursday, so I'd have plenty of time.

ncst8fan83
01-24-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm not working Tuesday and should have the entire day free. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Abaddon
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I've got nothing going on tomorrow. Wide open schedule. I'd very much enjoy being a part of DC Senior Week coverage.

A Perfect Score
01-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Jbond if you still need someone to do this, I can. Ive experience with such things and writing and so on and so forth. Let me know.

vidae
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
I'll throw my name in here as well Shane. If you still need someone let me know.

edit: preferably through IRC because I rarely check PMs here.