PDA

View Full Version : Janoris Jenkins Arrested.

bigbuc
01-24-2011, 04:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6054615

Welcome to the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Second arrest on 20 months. Smokes bud. I think he might not play this year at UF. Muschamp said he wants a clean team.

Just remembered he could go in the Supplemental Draft.

K Train
01-24-2011, 04:31 PM
damn 9 days after the deadline to declare lol....id still drop a 2 in the supplemental draft....too bad the steelers wouldnt

Quailman
01-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Janoris Jenkins is a problem off the field but on the field I love his game, reminds me of Asante Samuel.

Matthew Jones
01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Is anyone surprised this guy is a stoner?

49erNation85
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Dam moron .Can't you guys keep out of jail .I mean you should be on football all year long jeez.

no bare feet
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
The perpetutation of a stereotype.

Chidi29
01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Needs to stop hanging out with Will Hill.

TACKLE
01-24-2011, 05:11 PM
A Florida Gator getting arrested????

Get out! No way!

footballfan098
01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
1. He was cited not arrested
2. He'll be playing this year at UF

TACKLE
01-24-2011, 05:15 PM
1. He was cited not arrested
2. He'll be playing this year at UF

1. I stand corrected.
2. Of course he will still be playing this year at UF. When has a run in with the law ever kept a Gator off the field. K, maybe once or twice but that's it.

San Diego Chicken
01-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Not sure I'd even waste a 2nd on this guy. Knucklehead.

RaiderNation
01-24-2011, 05:32 PM
If a Cali team drafts him, I can see him getting into some trouble lol

TitanHope
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
2. Of course he will still be playing this year at UF. When has a run in with the law ever kept a Gator off the field. K, maybe once or twice but that's it.

He'll have to sit out the first quarter against the Citadel.

PhinsRock
01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Keeping the streak alive....

Now 3 years and counting that a potential high round Florida guy gets caught for pot during pre-draft activities.

Stupid as stupid gets.

gpngc
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I love jumping to extreme conclusions.

He had less than 20 grams of pot and was arrested previously for fighting in public.

If you look at those incidents for what they are, I say big freakin' deal. I don't know maybe that's just me.

The first incident is worse because it shows stupidity (resisting arrest) but I wouldn't knock him down much for these two offenses. Maybe NFL teams will.

The team that takes the chance on THE ONLY COLLEGE PLAYER WHO SMOKES POT IN THE NATION will get another Brandon Flowers. Fancy that.

yourfavestoner
01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I love jumping to extreme conclusions.

He had less than 20 grams of pot and was arrested previously for fighting in public.

If you look at those incidents for what they are, I say big freakin' deal. I don't know maybe that's just me.

The first incident is worse because it shows stupidity (resisting arrest) but I wouldn't knock him down much for these two offenses. Maybe NFL teams will.

The team that takes the chance on THE ONLY COLLEGE PLAYER WHO SMOKES POT IN THE NATION will get another Brandon Flowers. Fancy that.

BUT HE HAS KARAKTER KONSERNZZZZZZZZZ

Day One Pick
01-24-2011, 06:35 PM
The Bengals will grab him in the 3rd round of the Supplemental Draft...

GoRavens
01-24-2011, 06:50 PM
In an ideal world, all athletes could toke up whenever they pleased.
The legalizing marijuana debate never ends, but at the end of the day man made a plant illegal. A plant. That grows. From the earth.
- All Florida Gators lack discipline. They all party too hard and the coaches have no control whatsoever. He'll still catch on somewhere in the NFL though, too much talent, too little brains.

K Train
01-24-2011, 07:12 PM
BUT HE HAS KARAKTER KONSERNZZZZZZZZZ

not gonna lie im high as **** right now and this made me LOL

footballfan098
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Are we really gonna play this game? The guy who has a man charged with murder in his sig?

It's weed and people wanna act like it's the worst thing in the world. Fact is your school's players do it to. He was just dumb enough to get caught. It doesn't make it right but you shouldn't throw stones if you're live in a glass house.

BandwagonPunditry
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Don't know how it is in the States but over here 20 grams is quite a lot of weed.

GoRavens
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I wish I had 20 grams of some sticky right now.
I'd roll me a porky lil fella.
http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/arnold-smoking-weed.jpg

bullg8rdaddy
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
/ facepalm

K Train
01-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Don't know how it is in the States but over here 20 grams is quite a lot of weed.

whats that like 3/4 of an ounce?

thats quite a bit...not like drug lord status, but someone who gets high alot would have that

Rabscuttle
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
He should have said Will Hill borrowed his car.

Texas Homer
01-25-2011, 12:13 AM
If he decided to go supplemental draft, then I'd be cool with Texans and a 2nd.

dannyz
01-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I was thinking he would get Suspended a long time but then I remembered that NCAA does not care about this. Now if an Agent was in the Car with him he would not get to play the rest of the year.

TheFinisher
01-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Two things come to mind when I hear about this:

1. Does this guy have a problem? The fact he had 20 grams means this wasn't a one time thing, and any athlete at that level knows the consequences if they get caught with pot. Maybe this guy can't help himself and overlooks the consequences because it has become a habit. 20 grams left means he probably bought an ounce and the only people I know who buy pot by the ounces are dealers or real potheads, whichever it is for Jenkins it's not a good thing.

2. Is this guy stupid, just doesn't give a ****, or both? He's entering the most important year of his life and he kicks it off bybuying a lot of weed and getting high? A kid in his position should be doing everything he can to make himself a better football player, winter workouts have probably started for UF and doing this means that he doesn't want to be the best athlete he can be by the time Spring Ball starts. I may be in the minority but I don't want anyone with that type of character or lack of judgement in my lockroom because to me that is a huge red flag.

I know many of us in the real world don't look at smoking pot as the most sinister thing you can do, but in athletic communities (especially UF Football) it is frowned upon by the rest of the guys in the locker room because they're working their ass off everyday trying to win a NC, there's no room for getting high.

With that being said if he comes out in the Supplemental Draft I think he'd be scooped up with a 3rd.

yourfavestoner
01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Two things come to mind when I hear about this:

1. Does this guy have a problem? The fact he had 20 grams means this wasn't a one time thing, and any athlete at that level knows the consequences if they get caught with pot. Maybe this guy can't help himself and overlooks the consequences because it has become a habit. 20 grams left means he probably bought an ounce and the only people I know who buy pot by the ounces are dealers or real potheads, whichever it is for Jenkins it's not a good thing.

2. Is this guy stupid, just doesn't give a ****, or both? He's entering the most important year of his life and he kicks it off bybuying a lot of weed and getting high? A kid in his position should be doing everything he can to make himself a better football player, winter workouts have probably started for UF and doing this means that he doesn't want to be the best athlete he can be by the time Spring Ball starts. I may be in the minority but I don't want anyone with that type of character or lack of judgement in my lockroom because to me that is a huge red flag.

I know many of us in the real world don't look at smoking pot as the most sinister thing you can do, but in athletic communities (especially UF Football) it is frowned upon by the rest of the guys in the locker room because they're working their ass off everyday trying to win a NC, there's no room for getting high.

With that being said if he comes out in the Supplemental Draft I think he'd be scooped up with a 3rd.

Yeah, I heard Harvin and Hernandez will be stopping by the school soon to preach how sober living yields Championships.

It's the ******* offseason. They're not even close to spring practices yet. I can understand this argument if it occured in fall practices or during the season. But right now, it's January in Gainesville. There's not exactly a whole lot to do besides party.

Not only that, but it's incredibly ignorant to assume you know somebody's work habits just because he smokes weed. Some of the hardest working and most successful people I know smoke weed - and have their entire lives.

The "lazy stoner burnout" is such an unfair stereotype, because those people would have failed in life whether they ever smoked or not.

jrdrylie
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
After how lax Urban Meyer was dealing with the three-dozen arrests under his tender, I wouldn't be surprised to see Muschamp throw the book at him. Maybe five games? A quarter for every ounce of pot he had. The means he would miss FAU, UAB, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama and could come back for LSU.

In all seriousness though, I doubt he gets that much punishment. And if he did, Jenkins would almost certainly go into the supplemental draft. And I certainly wouldn't be mad if the Bears used a 3rd rounder on him.

TheFinisher
01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I heard Harvin and Hernandez will be stopping by the school soon to preach how sober living yields Championships.

It's the ******* offseason. They're not even close to spring practices yet. I can understand this argument if it occured in fall practices or during the season. But right now, it's January in Gainesville. There's not exactly a whole lot to do besides party.

Not only that, but it's incredibly ignorant to assume you know somebody's work habits just because he smokes weed. Some of the hardest working and most successful people I know smoke weed - and have their entire lives.

The "lazy stoner burnout" is such an unfair stereotype, because those people would have failed in life whether they ever smoked or not.

Come on man, you're gonna compare a regular working class person with someone who should be a first round draft pick in the NFL? It's totally different worlds, working class people can do whatever the hell they want to their bodies because in 99% of jobs in the corporate world you're not gonna be required to be in any kind of peak physical performance. Jenkins might be a hard worker, but smoking pot will only bring negative consequences to his physical performance, it's like poison for your body.

Guys like this don't seem to have football at the top of their priorities.

yourfavestoner
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Come on man, you're gonna compare a regular working class person with someone who should be a first round draft pick in the NFL? It's totally different worlds, working class people can do whatever the hell they want to their bodies because in 99% of jobs in the corporate world you're not gonna be required to be in any kind of peak physical performance. Jenkins might be a hard worker, but smoking pot will only bring negative consequences to his physical performance, it's like poison for your body.

Guys like this don't seem to have football at the top of their priorities.

Do you hold this standard for prospects who drink alcohol? Because alcohol isn't like poison - it is poison in the literal sense. Not only that, but it has a far higher rate of abuse.

gpngc
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM
"A quarter for every ounce of pot he had."

LOL

Reading does help here.

She said Jenkins had a "small, clear bag of cannabis."

Jenkins was charged with possession of marijuana less than 20 grams, a misdemeanor. He was not taken to jail. Instead, he was released after signing a notice to appear in court Feb. 17.

It could have been ONE gram.

Remember when Calvin Johnson admitted he smoked pot? That KILLED his stock. And the warning signs were there - the Lions made a HUGE mistake drafting him. Clearly the pot habit has hurt him in the NFL.

Janoris Jenkins may be an idiot. He may have legitimate character issues.

But any team that draws that conclusion from this incident is either naive or stupid and missing out on Brandon ******* Flowers (who was THRICE the idiot Jenkins probably is based on what we've seen).

And YFS please get rid of that sloth it's ******* up my computer I can't read a thread with annoying GIFs over and over COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFinisher
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Do you hold this standard for prospects who drink alcohol? Because alcohol isn't like poison - it is poison in the literal sense. Not only that, but it has a far higher rate of abuse.

I saw this one coming. If someone where to get arrested due to alcohol or if there was a history of alcohol abuse then yes I would. Like I said above he bought an ounce so that leads me to believe he is a habitual smoker, you don't just buy an ounce of green out of the blue to research it for chemistry class. The central theme in my original post was that he is either a habitual smoker, dumb, or doesn't have his priorities centered around football. I then went on to say he'd probably get picked up with a 3rd in the supplemental draft if he came out this year.

I'm not going to get into a debate over whether weed is worse for athletes than alcohol (I think it is btw), but whenever there is signs of substance abuse it is never a good thing.

yourfavestoner
01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Again, for the reading impaired:

She said Jenkins had a "small, clear bag of cannabis."Jenkins was charged with possession of marijuana less than 20 grams, a misdemeanor.In what universe is "less than 20 grams" an ounce? A "small, clear bag" signifies that it could have been anywhere from under a gram to about an eighth.

The "20 grams" thing is nothing more than legalese. Above 20 grams turns it from a misdemeanor to a felony. Anything under 20 falls under one uniform law, whether it be a gram, an eighth, a quarter, or a half ounce.

You cherry picked a part of the article and either completely misunderstood it or deliberately misconstrued it. You have no idea what his smoking habits or what his work habits are.

And fwiw, alcohol is both more physically damaging and leads to dependence more than all narcotics except for heroin, cocaine, and barbiturates.

TheFinisher
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Again, for the reading impaired:

In what universe is "less than 20 grams" an ounce? A "small, clear bag" signifies that it could have been anywhere from under a gram to about an eighth.

The "20 grams" thing is nothing more than legalese. Above 20 grams turns it from a misdemeanor to a felony. Anything under 20 falls under one uniform law, whether it be a gram, an eighth, a quarter, or a half ounce.

You cherry picked a part of the article and either completely misunderstood it or deliberately misconstrued it. You have no idea what his smoking habits or what his work habits are.

I thought it said over 20 grams, I stand corrected on Jenkins.

will99890
01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL at the guy who said he deserves a 5 quarter suspension, "a quarter for each ounce of pot!" Since when does <20g somehow equal 140g? Even if he had just under the 20g limit, that's still not a lot of herb.

Ignorant statements like that reinforce my belief that it should be required to start smoking bud, if not for the enjoyment/relaxation, at least to encourage learning the metric system.

YoJoeBucsFan
01-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Potheads defending this clown.. good job.

will99890
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Not defending him really. He was an idiot to risk his college and potential pro career. Just thought that one statement was funny and deserved a little ball breaking.

It's not the end of the world for him. People have gone on to the pros with way worse rap sheets.

yourfavestoner
01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Potheads defending this clown.. good job.

That's a pretty lazy assumption. I didn't defend Percy Harvin after his failed combine test, because it's essentially the same thing as showing up hungover for a job interview. It showed a borderline egregious lack of discipline. I did say, however, that it wouldn't hurt his draft stock nearly as much as people thought it would, and I was right about that.

All anybody said was that it's ignorant to assume you know what Jenkins' work habits or smoking habits are based on this incident.

Also:

"Overall in the league there's a bit of a different generation of decision-makers and people doing the evaluating,'' one team's general manager said. "Even among those of us who didn't [smoke pot], we had some friends who did and we didn't judge them that harshly. So for some, it's a less damaging red flag for a player to have that on his record. Now, maybe [longtime Colts president] Bill Polian's perception of that is different. Maybe those players are still completely off his board. But it can be generational in that sense, yes. Definitely."

Even among the club officials who expressed the most concern about the prevalence of prospects in this draft who have failed at least one test for marijuana in college, none said they would automatically remove any such player from their draft board.

"There are probably different shades of red to the red flag you give that player these days, different degrees of how it impacts their grade,'' one head coach said. "I know of one guy who told me he smoked with his mom. It was just something they did together. You have to find out something about the specifics and see if it was a habit, and or if it was experimenting in college. For one thing, it could be a case of colleges testing more, and having better tests. It may not be that use is up, but detection is up.''
''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/23/nfl.draft.marijuana/

YoJoeBucsFan
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM
That's a pretty lazy assumption. I didn't defend Percy Harvin after his failed combine test, because it's essentially the same thing as showing up hungover for a job interview. It showed a borderline egregious lack of discipline. I did say, however, that it wouldn't hurt his draft stock nearly as much as people thought it would, and I was right about that.

All anybody said was that it's ignorant to assume you know what Jenkins' work habits or smoking habits are based on this incident.

Also:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/23/nfl.draft.marijuana/

Hmmmm..... Jenkins is a loser.

thadoniousmonk
04-27-2011, 10:27 AM
He would absolutely fill a need in the Raiders secondary but at the same time, it's Oakland. We all know what happened when Randy came into town. Those bay grapes got to him and forgot how to play football.