PDA

View Full Version : whats up with the "WEIGHTS IN"

dolfan
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
nothing against scott or anyone who does that rankings but every other play he talks about theyre "buttle butts" lol... im just saying

TitanHope
01-24-2011, 10:45 PM
It's a description of the player's physique.

Some of them just happen to have big butts, and you can't lie about those things.

Saints-Tigers
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
A big booty is the first thing i look for when evaluating post players, women, and linemen.

GoRavens
01-24-2011, 11:08 PM
they say the boooty is the source of energy behind powerful legs.
Barry Sanders booty is like a ******* armor plated gorilla

CashmoneyDrew
01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Scouts love bubble butts. True story.

JPP90
01-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Jason Pinkston should be a top 10 pick then. Get a load of his ass sometime.

FUNBUNCHER
01-24-2011, 11:43 PM
I think scouts equate large, pronounced glutes with explosive power in a prospect.
But the first time you see it in a scouting report, it does make you think WTF!??lol

Quailman
01-25-2011, 12:01 AM
2ImZTwYwCug

With some slight adjustments this could be made into "A Scouts Anthem"

Shane P. Hallam
01-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Trust me, if you had to stare at Pinkston's butt for a good 10 seconds today, there would be no better description.

J52
01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Lower body strength and power is driven more from the posterior chain then from the anterior chain. Big hamstrings and glutes correlates highly with power and speed.

K Train
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
i get why its done, but the descriptions were making me laugh....chiseled 6 pack, or loose and flabby and unimpressive, squishy belly, bubble butt, soft, hung like a horse, fat rosey cheeks, sculpted biceps with a barrel chest and a finely toned and symetric physique

like its a body building comp or dating service

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
i get why its done, but the descriptions were making me laugh....chiseled 6 pack, or loose and flabby and unimpressive, squishy belly, bubble butt, soft, hung like a horse, fat rosey cheeks, sculpted biceps with a barrel chest and a finely toned and symetric physique

No way they used hung like a horse.

FUNBUNCHER
01-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Now you know why Warren Sapp said the entire pre-draft process reminded him of what it must have felt like for a human being to be sold on an auction block in the 1700s.

Except for the part about being paid millions of dollars to play a kid's game.

jtice2003
01-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Its all about the definition of the lower body, you get big enough thighs your bound to have an ample posterior. then again its just natural to some people

brasho
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Its all about the definition of the lower body, you get big enough thighs your bound to have an ample posterior. then again its just natural to some people

Big thighs don't have a whole lot of corrrelation to a big butt.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Big thighs don't have a whole lot of corrrelation to a big butt.

I've never personally done any exercises to increase the girth of my caboose, but I would imagine that most thigh exercises like squats and leg presses would also help the butt, judging by how much mine hurts after doing them for the first time in a while.

brasho
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I've never personally done any exercises to increase the girth of my caboose, but I would imagine that most thigh exercises like squats and leg presses would also help the butt, judging by how much mine hurts after doing them for the first time in a while.

The best exercises to increase the size of the butt (increase power in hamstring which is crucial for pulling through a stride) are stiff legged deadlifts, power cleans, and squats... and none of those exercises necessarily isoolate the quads. Stiff-legged deadlifts and hamstring curls don't even work the quads.

Leg extensions and front squats are going to isolate the quads more.

The number one reason some of these guys have the giant caboose, however, is genetics. Some people can do all the exercises to increase whatever muscle it is they want to make larger and that muscle may never grow. Other guys may never lift a weight in their life and have a big muscles in certain areas (calves, back, glutes, are the usual suspects). I kill myself in the gym and I've got fairly large muscles in my upper body but my lower body is only slightly above average... that's genetics. I've got a giant back and enormous triceps but I've had to kill myself to get the decent amount of biceps that I have. My calves are laughable (compared to the rest of me, anyways) the reason is genetics. Just like with these guys, some guys have it (giant butts) and others don't. Weightlifting will affect these body parts, but you have to have certain gifts in those areas to stand out.

FUNBUNCHER
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
'Roids can really helps to develop the gluteus, if applied topically.