PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Jordan - Sick, Wicked and Nasty

JustDezIT
01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
This dude is unreal. Looked dominating again today. I'm calling it right now. This guy goes top 10.

Thoughts?

CaliPanthers420
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Russ Lande from SportingNews.com and was on ESPN First take had him as a top 5 talent a few weeks ago.

Matthew Jones
01-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Russ Lande from SportingNews.com and was on ESPN First take had him as a top 5 talent a few weeks ago.

Russ Lande also had Anthony Castonzo going #2 overall a few weeks ago. He's an idiot, but Jordan does seem likely to go somewhere between #9 (Dallas) and #18 (San Diego.)

TACKLE
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I think a lot of people had to make judgments on him off word of mouth because were very limited in what they'd saw of him (West Coast, down year for Cal, etc.). He has been one of the most consistently impressive defensive lineman in the country week-in, week-out. It's not surprising me how well he's doing at all. He could very well go top 10 and its going to be tough for him to get past teams like San Fran, Dallas, Washington and Houston at 11.

ElectricEye
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I've been on him for awhile now and he really hasn't disappointed. Probably has helped himself more than anyone these past two days. Guards can't block him and he can run around tackles.

JustDezIT
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I think a lot of people had to make judgments on him off word of mouth because were very limited in what they'd saw of him (West Coast, down year for Cal, etc.). He has been one of the most consistently impressive defensive lineman in the country week-in, week-out. It's not surprising me how well he's doing at all. He could very well go top 10 and its going to be tough for him to get past teams like San Fran, Dallas, Washington and Houston at 11.

Right now I'm putting money on Dallas. Spears, Bowen, and Hatcher are all FA's. Jordan would be a perfect fit.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to go even higher then 9.

JustDezIT
01-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I've been on him for awhile now and he really hasn't disappointed. Probably has helped himself more than anyone these past two days. Guards can't block him and he can run around tackles.

This. Guards in the NFL will not be able to block this guy. I don't think its fair to say he's helped himself since a lot of people expected him to go top 15.

Leon Sandcastle
01-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't be surprised if he goes to the Buffalo Bills at #3.

ElectricEye
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Don't be surprised if he goes to the Buffalo Bills at #3.

That's a real good landing spot for him and a major possibility. He fits in both a 4-3 and a 3-4 and the Bills have stated they're undecided about what they'll run.

Leon Sandcastle
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
That's a real good landing spot for him and a major possibility. He fits in both a 4-3 and a 3-4 and the Bills have stated they're undecided about what they'll run.

The Bills are pretty much sold on going the 3-4. Re-signing Merriman was a pretty big indication of that but Jordan is probably definitely in the mix at #3 alongside Dareus, Quinn, Green and Locker.

D-Unit
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Right now I'm putting money on Dallas. Spears, Bowen, and Hatcher are all FA's. Jordan would be a perfect fit.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to go even higher then 9.
I really like Jordan, but I wouldn't say Dallas is a good spot for him until we hear what happens with Jay Ratliff in Rob Ryan's scheme. If Ratliff is moved to DE, then Jordan fights for playing time with Olshansky and Bowen. I think he's much better than both, but the field does become crowded.

Spears will hopefully be let go. But Bowen is well liked by the franchise. I expect him to be back. Hatcher can go for all I care.

footballfan098
01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Dareus can fit in either system and is a more talented player.

I like Jordan but not at 3.

JoeJoeBrown
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone else think it's crazy how many Cam's there are in this draft? Must have been a real popular name 21 years ago :)

PhinsRock
01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
I've been saying since the beginning of the season, he's the best DE in the draft.

Power, burst, relentlessness....

TB_39
01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Haha, my name is Cameron as well, and I'm 21, so add me to the list.

Unfortunately, I"m about 5'8" and unathletic.

Babylon
01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone else think it's crazy how many Cam's there are in this draft? Must have been a real popular name 21 years ago :)

Maybe they're all related, like George Foreman's kids.

RealityCheck
01-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Cameron Jordan could go as early as #6 to Cleveland imo.

A Perfect Score
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Ive been all over him for months now, moreso in the Ravens thread but in this forum as well. He's going to be a hell of an NFL player and its unfortunate that he's going to go well before the Ravens pick. Anyone saying JJ Watt was superior were so off base...Jordan is the next Justin Tuck.

descendency
01-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Cameron Jordan could go as early as #6 to Cleveland imo.

I seriously doubt he goes before Fairley or Dareus and having both of them in the top 5 is hard for me to believe. I think he has played his way into the top 10 though.

Vox Populi
01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I seriously doubt he goes before Fairley or Dareus and having both of them in the top 5 is hard for me to believe. I think he has played his way into the top 10 though.

I could realistically see Fairley going #1 and Dareus going #3 so I don't think its that ridiculous.