PDA

View Full Version : Trade For David Carr

ChefMike
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
So what about this scenario now that David Carr is all but gone out of Texas...Trade your 3rd round this year and 2nd round next year...

Then with the #2 take Charles Johnson

Roy Williams and Charles Johnson would be incredible...with David Carr throwing them the ball... he is not another Joey Harrington...and Mike Martz is a genius at revitalizing QB's that have some Talent.

WMD
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Wait..... what?

TacticaLion
03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Wait..... what?Let me decipher this code...

"Trade way too many picks for a QB that's been sacked more than the Lions have disappointed fans... then spend our #2 pick on Calvin Johnson and hope the offense can score 50+ points a game (if we don't, we'll lose... because we'll give up just about 50 without a defense)."

I think that was the overall direction of the post.

lionsfan81
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
yea trade away 2 high picks for a washed up qb who is probably going to end up cut before all is said and done. we only got a 5th for joey, theres no way carr would go for higher than that.

Xiomera
03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Carr isn't worth ONE day one pick, let alone two . . .

Charles Johnson at 2? He'd have to run a 3.0 40 time, lol

Mythos
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
It makes me wonder if Houston was offering Carr and the two seconds to us in order to move up six spots and take Quinn/Russell.

Houston gets #2 overall
Detroit gets Carr, #8 overall, 2nd in '07, 2nd in '08

I would've jumped all over this if I were Millen.

detroit4life
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
i would have done it without carr his contract is huge and we dont need him he isnt very good so why take on the cap hit

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
i would have done it without carr his contract is huge and we dont need him he isnt very good so why take on the cap hit

That is the TRUTH! We move down, (draft Willis), receive 2 extra 2nd round picks... forget Carr.

Charles Johnson at 2? He'd have to run a 3.0 40 time, lolActually, I think he'd have to run a 2.95 or less and bench 225 84.5 times... and, even then, would probably be 3rd overall in the draft.

Silly Charles Johnson... and silly ChefMike.

ironman4579
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
No way would I want Carr. Everyone talks about the sacks, and yes, he's been sacked a ton in his career. But last year John Kitna was sacked more times than Carr, and honestly outplayed him(sad as that is to say) I remember before last season on another board somewhere, someone showing the statistical similiarities between Harrington and Carr, and it was funny, because Joey had actually put up better numbers. So um, no. Just.......................no.

DeMonikk1
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
So what about this scenario now that David Carr is all but gone out of Texas...Trade your 3rd round this year and 2nd round next year...

Then with the #2 take Charles Johnson

Roy Williams and Charles Johnson would be incredible...with David Carr throwing them the ball... he is not another Joey Harrington...and Mike Martz is a genius at revitalizing QB's that have some Talent.

So, that stuff you smoke, where can I get some???

asmitty45
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
id give up a 5th for him, thats all the texans are going to get now that theyve traded for schaub and if they dont trade him theyll have to cut him

Pocket
03-23-2007, 06:43 AM
I have the utmost respect for Carr. How he continues to get up season after season is beyond me, and I would give up a 5th rounder for him. That man is extremely tough, and I would not mind him in a Detroit uniform at all.

Mythos
03-23-2007, 06:55 AM

True, w/ the cap sitch the deal's better w/o Carr.
Since the trade didn't happen, it makes me wonder does Houston like Schuab more than Quinn or was the pair of seconds not enough for Millen? I can't see another explanation.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I have the utmost respect for Carr. How he continues to get up season after season is beyond me, and I would give up a 5th rounder for him. That man is extremely tough, and I would not mind him in a Detroit uniform at all.Good angle/point... I can see where you're coming from.

I felt the same about Kitna (to be honest)... watching him get smacked around and STILL get up and STILL lead the team. That being said, I wouldn't want him. I think we've got a solid QB group, and, if we go after someone else in rounds 2-3, we'll be set for quite some time.