PDA

View Full Version : This Year's Roger Saffold?

JohnCandy
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Who is this years Robert Saffold? An OLmen that dominates the post season and shows that he was under valued in college.

I am throwing the name Marcus Gilbert [Florida] out there as a possibility.

-At 6'6" 1/2 and 329lbs he has the size to play OG or OT.

-He has experience at multiple positions.

-He has looked very good in the Senior Bowl and shown that he can play OT.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Gilbert needs to show a stronger punch.

I am a fan however.

TACKLE
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I would say Danny Watkins for sure if he wasn't 27. He had a great season and has been the best O-Lineman at Senior Bowl so far.

ChiFan24
01-25-2011, 11:53 PM
I was gonna say Gilbert when I saw the thread title so.... never mind.

descendency
01-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Stay away from my lineman :(

edit: by "my" I mean the guy I was mocking to the Patriots months ago to play RT though, I think he could play LT.

JPP90
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
IDK what happened to him because he wasn't even at East/West Shrine after being announced to go, but it could have been Zach Hurd fron UConn. The guy is beyond big, he's just massive. He would have measured every bit of 6,7 and welllll over 300 pounds and id assume would even be giving Cam Jordan a hard time. Its just physics.

xxxxxxxx
01-26-2011, 12:06 AM
IDK what happened to him because he wasn't even at East/West Shrine after being announced to go, but it could have been Zach Hurd fron UConn. The guy is beyond big, he's just massive. He would have measured every bit of 6,7 and welllll over 300 pounds and id assume would even be giving Cam Jordan a hard time. Its just physics.

Physics? Do you read before you post?

I live in CT. Hurd is a career back-up at guard. He may be a bad starter for an awful team. that's about it.

Keep listening to todd mcshay bro.... LOLZZZ.

JPP90
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Physics? Do you read before you post?

I live in CT. Hurd is a career back-up at guard. He may be a bad starter for an awful team. that's about it.

Keep listening to todd mcshay bro.... LOLZZZ.

No offense or anything, but that was a pretty asshole post. If you have Zach Hurds career mapped out for him, I don't really a give a ****. Keep posting from your moms basement bro...LOLZZZZ.

RaiderNation
01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Ben Ijalana from Villanova will be a starting OT his rookie season IMO.

JohnCandy
01-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Stay away from my lineman :(

edit: by "my" I mean the guy I was mocking to the Patriots months ago to play RT though, I think he could play LT.

Do you see him making a push to the late 1st early 2nd?

I have been very impressed and if he can really play OG as well at 6'6" 330lbs. he will have the versatility that teams picking late in rounds love.

brasho
01-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I would say Danny Watkins for sure if he wasn't 27. He had a great season and has been the best O-Lineman at Senior Bowl so far.

I came on here expecting to see Watkins mentioned for sure and was going to jump on the first guy that said his name... but then you said the same thing I was going to say. 27. Overaged prospect on the OL and DL just don't do it for me... I don't think they've ever done it for anyone in the NFL either. Those extra 3-5 years really makes a difference in terms of power, strength, speed, agility, maturity, and intelligence. Gaines Adams was effectively a 6th year senior when he dominated the ACC, and was as old as a true senior when he started his first ever game at the end of the year... the warning was on the wall when the Bucs drafted him.

xxxxxxxx
01-26-2011, 09:37 AM
No offense or anything, but that was a pretty asshole post. If you have Zach Hurds career mapped out for him, I don't really a give a ****. Keep posting from your moms basement bro...LOLZZZZ.

Actually, i'm in college. Your one of the worst posters here.

RWills
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
James Carpenter and James Brewer have both looked pretty good.

Watkins is mean nasty, third round despite the age.

killxswitch
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Marcus Gilbert. Several people have said so in recent weeks.

JohnCandy
01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Marcus Gilbert. Several people have said so in recent weeks.

Can Gilbert climb towards the 1st round?

Because right now most sites have him as a 3rd-5th round pick?

killxswitch
01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Can Gilbert climb towards the 1st round?

Because right now most sites have him as a 3rd-5th round pick?

Nah I think he will go sometime in the 2nd.

diabsoule
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I can see Danny Watkins going in the 2nd due to how dominant he has been at the Senior Bowl. Marcus Gilbert is also a name to throw out there although his best fit would be at RT, more than likely.

Matthew Jones
01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I think I'd be comfortable drafting Ben Ijalana in the first round at some point, or maybe the early second. Got to watch some of him in college and he was absolutely dominant all the time.

JohnCandy
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
What do you guys think of Dwayne Carpenter [Alabama] he looked really good in practices today?

descendency
01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Do you see him making a push to the late 1st early 2nd?

I see him as no longer fitting that early 3rd round status I gave him when everyone else had a 3-5 on him.

I can tell you that I doubt he makes it past pick 60 (Patriots 2nd 2nd rounder) but I wouldn't rule out pick 33 if he continues on this pace. He's going to lose some spots because of how strong the tackles are in front of him. While none of them are clearly the best or clearly franchise LTs, All of them seem to bring something elite to the table on game film. I don't know if Gilbert has the game film like the others. I could easily see him behind Sherrod (who is my #1), Solder, Carimi, Constanzo, Tyron Smith and a few others. I see that as a reason enough to say he won't go in the first round. He's at best the 6th tackle in this class and that's when you consider a tackle may not go top 10 or top 15.

RWills
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I see him as no longer fitting that early 3rd round status I gave him when everyone else had a 3-5 on him.

I can tell you that I doubt he makes it past pick 60 (Patriots 2nd 2nd rounder) but I wouldn't rule out pick 33 if he continues on this pace. He's going to lose some spots because of how strong the tackles are in front of him. While none of them are clearly the best or clearly franchise LTs, All of them seem to bring something elite to the table on game film. I don't know if Gilbert has the game film like the others. I could easily see him behind Sherrod (who is my #1), Solder, Carimi, Constanzo, Tyron Smith and a few others. I see that as a reason enough to say he won't go in the first round. He's at best the 6th tackle in this class and that's when you consider a tackle may not go top 10 or top 15.

That is a pretty big endorsement...If he is just a RT/OG I see him as an early third, there is a pretty good number of decent RT's in rounds 3-5

descendency
01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
That is a pretty big endorsement...If he is just a RT/OG I see him as an early third, there is a pretty good number of decent RT's in rounds 3-5

The talk has been that some people think he can play LT, which is why his stock is going up.

I still think he's a late second or early third rounder. I'm just saying if your team values versatility and think he can play LT, LG, RG, RT (and probably C), then you would definitely have a higher grade on him than "just a RT".

Iamcanadian
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Danny Watkins has looked very solid and could go as high a 2nd round, ditto for John Moffitt but in his case round 3 is more likely.

JohnCandy
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Your on the clock and you need OL help, who do you take Marcus Cannon or Marcus Gilbert?

Big Black
01-26-2011, 09:33 PM
What do you guys think of Dwayne Carpenter [Alabama] he looked really good in practices today?

i thought that James Carpenter was a mid round pick at best. everything on him this season was that he lacked killer instinct and didn't stand out in one area.

from watching the Senior Bowl practices, he looks really light on his feet and seems to have a little chip on his shoulder. Mayock said yesterday that he's changed his opinion of Carpenter and needs to go back and watch more tape of him.

TACKLE
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Marcus Gilbert has gone from underrated to overrated in a hurry.

JPP90
01-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Actually, i'm in college. Your one of the worst posters here.

I take that as a compliment considering the majority age here. Give it about 10 years and you'll see what you think of the average high school/college kid, hopefully. There's a reason why the government doesn't want people to drink until 21 and it isn't because teenagers use their heads as a general rule. I have always gotten along better with adults, and I intend to keep it that way. If I'm gonna be unpopular, you're the target crowd..I don't mind being hated at all, keep it coming lol.

xxxxxxxx
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Todd McShay is a ******.

That is all.