PDA

View Full Version : Mikel Leshoure

The_Dude
01-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Alright boys....

I don't watch much college ball, so what is your opinion on Leshoure? Where do you see him going in the draft? What kind of role do you see him playing in the pros? etc...

I have the 2nd pick in my dynasty league's 2011 rookie draft. Lame, I know, but never to early to start your research!

AntoinCD
01-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Leshoure I see as being a pretty decent early down back in the league. In the right place he could be a good player but Im not that high on him. I think he is similar in ways to Beanie Wells. Mid second rounder for me at the minute.

jtice2003
01-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I didn't see very much of this guy but, have liked all the little clips ive seen on him. Coming from illinois, if he has at all followed in reshard mendenhalls footsteps, he will likely be a good one.

My main focus is the things that don't include running inside and outside of the tackles. Its the pass blocking, picking up blitzes, running routes, and catching the ball.

When you start Pee Wee football, everyone starts out at either RB or QB, if you can't throw, your a RB. At the lower levels its all about speed but, when you get to the big boy league, that can't always save you because EVERYBODY has some level of speed.

With that being said, im not high on this years class. As a matter of fact there are only a handful of prospect in the last 5, 6, or 7 years that have truly been a total package. Darren Mcfadden is devoloping into a devastating threat on the ground but, hows his blitz pickup? (still top 5 in the league right now) Adrian Peterson is a beast as we know but, hows his pass blocking? (Top 1-2 in the league.)

Sorry for the mini rant there, obviously i don't know enough about this kid to judge him. Alot of the scouting services have him high on their running back rankings so we will see how he looks in the next couple of weeks, and after looking at some highlights from his season.

Matthew Jones
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
He's one of two running backs (the other being Mark Ingram) that I could see as a workhorse starting back in the NFL. He reminds me of Rashard Mendenhall but that might just be because they went to the same school. Laurence Maroney as a worst case. Keep in mind comparing prospects to previous alumni from their school makes sense more often than not because coaches often recruit players with a specific skillset in mind and coach them similarly in regards to technique, etc.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Mendenhall is much more of an explosive freaky athlete.

LeShoure doesn't have quite the long speed.

I've watched LeShoure since HS and he reminds me quite a bit of Arian Foster.

Later first / very early second, in my opinion.

armageddon
01-26-2011, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't mind him to the Rams at 2:14. He and SJax would be a nice combo.

PossibleCabbage
01-27-2011, 01:12 AM
LeShoure is legitimately the top RB on my board. He's not an elite prospect, but he is very complete one. He has power, speed, vision, balance, agility, he can catch, and he can pass block.

All that said, since he's not an elite prospect, he's a second round pick IMO. Very probably a workhorse back in the NFL. The Arian Foster comparisons are pretty much spot on.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-27-2011, 01:22 AM
LeShoure is legitimately the top RB on my board. He's not an elite prospect, but he is very complete one. He has power, speed, vision, balance, agility, he can catch, and he can pass block.

All that said, since he's not an elite prospect, he's a second round pick IMO. Very probably a workhorse back in the NFL. The Arian Foster comparisons are pretty much spot on.

Not great speed though, I expect him to run a little above 4.5, which isn't terrible, but not great either.

That being said, I do agree that he's one of the best RB prospects this year.