PDA

View Full Version : My first '11 Mock Draft (2.rounds)

MaybeDavis
01-26-2011, 09:41 AM
The 2.round is a little bit sloppy because there a lot of time left to the Draft (Senior Bowl, Combine).
Tell me what you think about it...

Mock 1.0 / 25.01.2011

Round 1

#1.Carolina: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
#2.Denver: Patrick Peterson, CB/S, LSU
#3.Buffalo: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
#4.Cincinnati: Da’quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
#5.Arizona: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
#6.Cleveland: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
#7.San Francisco: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
#8.Tennessee: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
#9.Dallas: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
#10.Washington: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
#11.Houston: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
#12.Minnesota: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
#13.Detroit: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
#14.St.Louis: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
#15.Miami: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
#16.Jacksonville: Cameron Jordan, DE/DT, California
#17.New England (from Oakland): Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
#18.San Diego: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
#19.New York Giants: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
#20.Tampa Bay: Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
#21.Kansas City: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
#22. Indianapolis: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
#23.Philadelphia: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
#24.New Orleans: Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
#25.Seattle: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
#26.Baltimore: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisonsin
#27.Atlanta: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
#28.New England: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
#29.Chicago: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
#30.New York Jets: Stefen Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn State
#31.Green Bay: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
#32.Pittsburgh: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

Round 2

#33.New England (from Carolina): Christian Ballard, DE/DT, Iowa
#34.Buffalo Bills: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
#35.Cincinnati: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
#36.Denver: Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
#37.Cleveland: DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
#38.Arizona: Marcus Cannon, OG, T.C.U.
#39.Tennessee: Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida State
#40.Dallas: Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
#41.Washington: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
#42.Housten: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
#43.Minnesota: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
#44.Detroit: Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
#45.San Francisco: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
#46.Denver (from Miami): Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
#47.St.Louis: Ben Ijalana, OG/OT, Villanova
#48.Oakland: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
#49.Jacksonville: Titus Young, WR, Boise State
#50.San Diego: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
#51.Tampa Bay: Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
#52.New York Giants: Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
#53.Indianapolis: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
#54.Philadelphia: Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada
#55.Kansas City: Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College
#56.New Orleans: Jereamy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
#57.Seattle: Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
#58.Baltimore: Jerel Jernigan, WR, Troy
#59.Atlanta: Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
#60.New England: DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
#61.San Diego (from NYJ): Greg Jones, MLB, Michigan State
#62.Chicago: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
#63.Green Bay: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
#64.Pittsburgh: Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami

AntoinCD
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Not bad for the Patriots. Smith is an intriguing selection and probably not likely but I would like it. Sherrod is my #1 rated OT so I would happily take him at the end of the first. Ballard is a guy who would suit the Pats defense but I need to see more fire out of him before being comfortable with the pick. Murray is ok I guess but id prefer an interior offensive lineman. Danny Watkins has impressed at the Senior Bowl so he could be a possiblity.

tjsunstein
01-26-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd rather have Justin Houston in the 1st.

Nice job overall.

Poz51
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Tell me what you think about it...

#3.Buffalo: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
#4.Cincinnati: Da’quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
#5.Arizona: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
#6.Cleveland: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
#7.San Francisco: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
#8.Tennessee: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
#34.Buffalo Bills: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
#37.Cleveland: DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
#38.Arizona: Marcus Cannon, OG, T.C.U.
#43.Minnesota: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
#46.Denver (from Miami): Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
#47.St.Louis: Ben Ijalana, OG/OT, Villanova
#50.San Diego: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

I would consider Quinn a "risk", and believe Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey will as well. Judging by their comments over the last year, I cant see them taking much of a risk with this pick. I believe based on their comments one of the next 5 players are far more likely. Plus they signed Merriman to a 2 year contract (I know the injury concerns), and Moats progressed nicely last year, so I dont see LB being a first round concern.
Mallett falling to the Bills in the second is becoming common place on this board. His value/risk at this spot does seem acceptable, his lack of mobility in this system, behind the current line, does not make much sense. It would not be the end of the world though. Rudolph is the type of TE this team has lacked for a decade now, last year our TE's had 23 catches and 1 TD, which is pathetic... Houston's value would be tough to pass on, personnally I love Jimmy Smith, and could see him there, and all of the offensive lineman listed would be upgrades at RT, and possibly LT almost immediately. My .02...

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Solid Bears Draft

MaybeDavis
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
But Bowers, Fairley and Newton are also "risk"-candidates on that Pick. And a lot of people got these guys on 1 ovr. I think it's a little Boom or Bust class and i think after all the work done at combine etc Quinn will be a sure locked Top 5 Pick.

Razor
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I really like your first round for the Patriots. Great talent at two positions of need. I'm not sold on the second round though. Here's why:
That's very high for Ballard imo, at least 32 picks too early. I like what he brings to the table, but I don't like taking him at #33. Chances are that we trade out of that spot but in this case I'd love Leonard Hankerson there. Fits a need and is a very good all round receiver.
I don't like taking Murray there either. Yes, he seems like a Patriot but I don't think that RB is a need worthy of adressing this early in the draft. We have Lawfirm and Woody who pretty much carried the team at the position this year and both will be back. Another O-lineman like Orlando Franklin or Marcus Gilbert would imo be better choices. Both can play guard and have the talent and ability to do it at a high level.

Bengals78
01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Not a fan of the Bengals draft at all.
I would take Fairley 9/10 over Bowers in that situation, the 10th I would take Dareus.

We NEED to go interior OL in the 2nd.

Monomach
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM
#29.Chicago: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
#62.Chicago: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

This is so sexy. Thank you.

I'm starting to doubt that Carimi falls to us, though.

Unbiased
01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Cameron Jordan and Titus Young are playing lights out at the Senior Bowl right now, so I'm definitely liking those picks.

49erNation85
01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
DT is not a need for SF . QB and CB are . I would hate to miss on any of the top two CB 's like PP or Amruk .But since there taken I would just be satisfied with taking Locker since he is picked two picks down then pick a CB in second round.I have not been impressed with Ponder so far in the senior .Descent arm but no accuracy down the field .

proshoota25
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
unlike the other pats fans, demarco murray is a great selection at the end of the second. not only does that pick offer value, murray is just a complete STUD! great pick. i would love to see offensive line help too, but murray is just too talented imo to pass up

thegreatone
01-26-2011, 05:55 PM
For the Ravens:
Love the 1st, really like the 2nd.

TheMorningZoo
01-26-2011, 07:03 PM
I like the Heyward pick for the Bolts, and would be ecstatic if Justin Houston lasted that long till Round 2. To me it is not realistic as I think he will be gone mid-late first round, but if that scenario did fall into place we could put that bum Larry English back on reserve duty.

Only thing is, not really a fan of Greg Jones for our scheme. He is purely a 4-3 Linebacker and is too small for the 3-4. I just don't think he would cut it inside and would be swallowed up in the run game.

OSUGiants17
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Would take Carimi over Smith any day of the week and then Mason Foster over Williams in the second. BAD GIANTS DRAFT!

Pat Sims 90
01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
The Bengals dont need to being going Defense in the 1st

thebow305
01-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Ingram is a nice pick for the Phins, but if Mallett is still there at 15, we'd have to SERIOUSLY consider him.

akvikefan89
01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
GREAT Vikings picks.

prock
01-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Awesome Vikings draft.

bucfan12
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Terrible Bucs draft. Allen Bailey has been so terrible this week, most scouts say they wouldn't touch him in til the 3rd/4th round. Give us BPA instead of reaching here. Justin Houston DE/OLB out of Georgia in round 1.

2nd round, I'd take Greg Jones out of Michigan State over Bruce Carter, since Jones is still on the board.

Verloren
01-27-2011, 12:42 AM
DT is not a need for SF . QB and CB are . I would hate to miss on any of the top two CB 's like PP or Amruk .But since there taken I would just be satisfied with taking Locker since he is picked two picks down then pick a CB in second round.I have not been impressed with Ponder so far in the senior .Descent arm but no accuracy down the field .

If we do end up taking Dareus, he'll be playing 3-4 DE, not NT in Fangio's scheme. Could also end up moving around a lot, like how Matthews lines up in the GB defense.

vidae
01-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Good second pick, but really meh first pick for KC. Give is Wis, an OT or a WR there.

descendency
01-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Why is NE taking a RT in round 1?

GoRavens
01-27-2011, 07:28 AM
horrible horrible Ravens mock
JJ Watt isn't 1st round material.
and drafting an severely undersized receiver in the 2nd doesn't fill a need at all. Baltimore needs speed at WR, yes, but not a guy whos 5'8 and isn't even a god vertical threat. No thanks,
you get an F

DiG
01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
#10.Washington: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Round 2

#41.Washington: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

Locker hasnt done anything yet this week to raise his stock. More than anything he has further proven his inconsistencies and issues with accuracy. I'm ok with drafting him in a trade down to the late first or take him early 2nd but not top 10. We have too many needs. I'd prefer Cam Jordan, Julio, Kerrigan, or Von Miller. In the 2nd, I hate the Hankerson pick. I think he is soft, inconsistent, and not a #1 wr prospect. He shouldnt even really be considered a 2nd rounder except a lot of underclass wrs decided not to declare so now hes being extremely overrated. I'd take best available 3-4 dlineman, interior OL, pass rusher, or possibly db.

Go_Eagles77
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Nice 1st round pick for the eagles with Harris. Moch is definitely intriguing and I can't say I'd be upset with that pick, but OL might be too big of a need to pass on.

Poz51
01-27-2011, 09:21 AM
But Bowers, Fairley and Newton are also "risk"-candidates on that Pick. And a lot of people got these guys on 1 ovr. I think it's a little Boom or Bust class and i think after all the work done at combine etc Quinn will be a sure locked Top 5 Pick.

While we are at it, even Dareus is a "risk" having served a two game suspension. However, none of those players were suspended for a YEAR... Last year the Bills took Spiller publically stating that he was there #1 prospect and his character played a huge roll. Bowers character from what I have read and seen is not an issue, a knee injury slowed him down last year, and he was ready to roll this year, not sure I see much of a risk there. By all accounts his head is in football, he is focused and clean... Fairley's character concern revolve around "dirty" play, late hits, and crap that happens in scrums. Hmm... Never seen any of that in the NFL... Steve Wisniewski, Chuck Cecil, Alert Haynesworth, The Steelers, The Ravens, Rodney Harrison, and my favorite: Bill Romanowski. Fairley might just fit right in. Will he have to tone it down, I think so, but again he has never been suspended for a year. Newton did a bunch of stupid crap many young kids do, at Florida (a squeaky clean program...). He transfered and despite having a medaling father concern, has been clean for over a year now, with no issues. He will have to say lots of the right things but again, there is a year of tape on him. With Millions of dollars on the line, Quinn decided to take glamour benefits ($6000?), that lead me (this is my opinion) to believe that he has a sense of self entitlement, and his sense of self control, restraint and decision making are poor at best. Add this to the academic cheating concerns and allegations, lead me to the same type of conclusion, that his character concern are cause for concern, whay is his commitment to football? and this franchise which traded away its one major character concern, is not interested in that type of risk. The others have "risk" but to a lesser extent, and played this year. Lunch with Deon: fall to the 24th pick, Taking monetary based benefits, cheating in school: 3rd pick in the draft? I just do not see it, Bryant was just as talented, and hyped up as Quinn, did IMO less wrong, and fell to the 24th pick? I agree with the boom or bust part completely which makes me nervous, but even with a great combine taking Quinn in the top ten alone is risky, especially if he continues to have maturity problems, or takes the money and "lives the life", which can cost a GM his job. Nix and Gailey are not those type of risk takers, have proven it with thier actions, backed up their words, and passed on players in last years draft with these very same/similar issues. Quinn could have the best combine in history, and although I always believe anything is possible, would not be drafted by Buffalo. Athletically, physically, potentially I actually think he already a top 5 player, and some team could take him in the top five, I just do not see Buffalo rolling the dice on him. Evidence based; drafted Spiller, trade Lynch, pass on Clausen, Davis, etc in last years draft, backing up there talk with actions.

cjrugger
01-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Locker hasnt done anything yet this week to raise his stock. More than anything he has further proven his inconsistencies and issues with accuracy. I'm ok with drafting him in a trade down to the late first or take him early 2nd but not top 10. We have too many needs. I'd prefer Cam Jordan, Julio, Kerrigan, or Von Miller. In the 2nd, I hate the Hankerson pick. I think he is soft, inconsistent, and not a #1 wr prospect. He shouldnt even really be considered a 2nd rounder except a lot of underclass wrs decided not to declare so now hes being extremely overrated. I'd take best available 3-4 dlineman, interior OL, pass rusher, or possibly db.

Agreed, Phil Taylor or Justin Houston would be good fits

Me Likey Rookies
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Terrible Bucs draft. Allen Bailey has been so terrible this week, most scouts say they wouldn't touch him in til the 3rd/4th round. Give us BPA instead of reaching here. Justin Houston DE/OLB out of Georgia in round 1.

2nd round, I'd take Greg Jones out of Michigan State over Bruce Carter, since Jones is still on the board.

Bruce Carter is much better than Greg Jones. Carter would be a 1st rounder if not for the ACL.

TACKLE
01-28-2011, 02:29 AM
horrible horrible Ravens mock
JJ Watt isn't 1st round material.
and drafting an severely undersized receiver in the 2nd doesn't fill a need at all. Baltimore needs speed at WR, yes, but not a guy whos 5'8 and isn't even a god vertical threat. No thanks,
you get an F

Me Likey Rookies, please ignore the quoted post. This is an A for the Ravens, not a ******* F.

Matthew Jones
01-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Something like that is certainly possible for New England. I'd probably take Wisniewski over Sherrod though, the Patriots need to address the interior offensive line very soon whereas I think they will re-sign Light for another year or two.

bucsti25
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
im not a huge bailey fan in the first, but he really is the best DE left....even though we dont have a huge need for CB, Brandon Harris is probably the BPA left, or we might go Akeem Ayers

good second rounder

JRTPlaya21
01-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Man crush on Blackmon so great pick.

txparkes49x
01-29-2011, 12:53 PM
I would want Newton then the Best DB or best pass rusher available in the second round