PDA

View Full Version : Keep An Eye On Leonard Hankerson

redskinsbaby3000
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Leonard Hankerson works as hard as anyone on the offseasons to better his game. There are 9 workout videos of him and Mark Duper doing drills on youtube over the past 2 years. Here is workout video part9...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnmSvTJvlI

or goto youtube and type in hankerson duper

D-Unit
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I wasn't under the impression that Hankerson was someone garnering little attention.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

ElectricEye
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Fantastic week. Lot of buzz about him right now in spite of measuring in shorter than expected. Dropped some passes(Just ask Shnae) but he looks like a natural receiver with good body control. Really like the way he works back for the ball and fights for it when it's in the air.

87Canes
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM
This kid is defines hard work and determination.

He was a dropped pass away from falling off the Miami WRs rotation during his sophomore season because of his HIGH drops numbers. He started working with Duper before his junior season and the results started pouring in results. Then comes his senior season and he continues to excel. He was the only true reliable WR Miami had last year and he ended up braking the Miami rec TD record and everyone knows Miami has had some stud WRs.

A strong senior bowl and combine will make him sneak into the 1st rd.

proshoota25
01-28-2011, 03:16 PM
This kid is defines hard work and determination.

He was a dropped pass away from falling off the Miami WRs rotation during his sophomore season because of his HIGH drops numbers. He started working with Duper before his junior season and the results started pouring in results. Then comes his senior season and he continues to excel. He was the only true reliable WR Miami had last year and he ended up braking the Miami rec TD record and everyone knows Miami has had some stud WRs.

A strong senior bowl and combine will make him sneak into the 1st rd.

yeah i think he has a chance to go late first now

Day One Pick
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Leonard Hankerson works as hard as anyone on the offseasons to better his game. There are 9 workout videos of him and Mark Duper doing drills on youtube over the past 2 years. Here is workout video part9...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnmSvTJvlI

or goto youtube and type in hankerson duper

Are you his agent, his mom, his dad, his brother, or Leonard himself?

Good prospect, should be a top 50 pick.

BeerBaron
01-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Fantastic week. Lot of buzz about him right now in spite of measuring in shorter than expected. Dropped some passes(Just ask Shnae) but he looks like a natural receiver with good body control. Really like the way he works back for the ball and fights for it when it's in the air.

I've heard Hakeem Nicks comparisons....I also see some Anquan Boldin and maybe even a bit of an Andre Johnson-Lite when I watch him.

I think he's definitely going to make some team happy in the late first-early 2nd. He just doesn't have quite as much upside as some of the other top level WRs.

Day One Pick
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I've heard Hakeem Nicks comparisons....I also see some Anquan Boldin and maybe even a bit of an Andre Johnson-Lite when I watch him.

I think he's definitely going to make some team happy in the late first-early 2nd. He just doesn't have quite as much upside as some of the other top level WRs.

I don't see similarities to any of them. I see Pierre Garcon.

BeerBaron
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't see similarities to any of them. I see Pierre Garcon.

Hankerson plays way more physical than Garcon...

nepg
01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
He's not nearly as explosive as Nicks.

BeerBaron
01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
He's not nearly as explosive as Nicks.

I don't think people foresaw this level of explosion out of Nicks. Before we traded the pick, I wanted him like crazy on the Bears that year but most people thought I was nuts.

nepg
01-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't think people foresaw this level of explosion out of Nicks. Before we traded the pick, I wanted him like crazy on the Bears that year but most people thought I was nuts.
Nicks certainly had a WOW factor to him at UNC. I haven't seen it from Hankerson. He seems like a solid, steady producer. I can't decide whether he reminds me more of Rashaun Woods or Jericho Cotchery.

ElectricEye
01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't buy any of these to be honest with you. He's not a mauler like Anquan Boldin or Hakeem Nicks. He's good after the catch, but not because he's hard to tackle. Garcon is really a bad comp for him as he's not nearly as fast and doesn't have that level of wiggle. He's also a lot more physical. If I had to pick someone to compare him to, it would probably be a bigger version of Brandon Lloyd(The good version of Brandon Lloyd). Similar athlete and similar skillset.

BeerBaron
01-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Well this has quickly become an example of "100 people, 100 opinions." Or in this case, comparisons.

ElectricEye
01-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Well this has quickly become an example of "100 people, 100 opinions." Or in this case, comparisons.

He's a tough player to come up with a comparison for. He's not small enough to be lumped in with the speedier guys or undersized possession receivers. He's not big of physical enough after the catch to be a Boldin or Nicks type(They both have about fifteen pounds on him). He really doesn't have an exaggerated skill set or body type in either direction and that's sort of what makes him such a valuable target.

BeerBaron
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
He's a tough player to come up with a comparison for. He's not small enough to be lumped in with the speedier guys or undersized possession receivers. He's not big of physical enough after the catch to be a Boldin or Nicks type(They both have about fifteen pounds on him). He really doesn't have an exaggerated skill set or body type in either direction and that's sort of what makes him such a valuable target.

As a prospect, Nicks wasn't that much bigger. Same height, only about 5 pounds bigger at the combine.

ElectricEye
01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
As a prospect, Nicks wasn't that much bigger. Same height, only about 5 pounds bigger at the combine.

I guess that works to an extent then. I just can't get past the build factor though. Put together very differently. Hankerson is a pretty cut, lean guy while Nicks is never going to win a body building competition(Not trying to knock him as a receiver in the slightest). Showed up out of shape to the combine and made a poor impression in that regard. Reflects in the play on the field too.

Black Bolt
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
I guess that works to an extent then. I just can't get past the build factor though. Put together very differently. Hankerson is a pretty cut, lean guy while Nicks is never going to win a body building competition(Not trying to knock him as a receiver in the slightest). Showed up out of shape to the combine and made a poor impression in that regard. Reflects in the play on the field too.

Um, give me a break. Nicks is dominant on the field.

ElectricEye
01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Um, give me a break. Nicks is dominant on the field.

Point out where I once said he wasn't.

Some people really don't read things before they post.

Rabscuttle
01-29-2011, 09:22 AM
He has a pretty nice all around game and has a knack for getting open in traffic. Those drops bother me, but he comes up with some nice catches as well. If he is as hard a worker as has been mentioned there isn't much reason to believe he won't keep improving and the drops should become less of an issue. He could slide in near the bottom of the first and a team would get good value. Mid-second would be starting to look like a steal.

Now I must remove the Cane stench from my person.

regoob2
01-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I see a less polished Brian Robiskie.

Black Bolt
01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Point out where I once said he wasn't.

Some people really don't read things before they post.

Then what's this:

Reflects in the play on the field too.

TACKLE
01-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Hankersex shoulda been MVP of the game.

ElectricEye
01-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Then what's this:

Reflects in the play on the field too.

The reflects play on the field modified the build comment. They're put together differently and it absolutely makes them different players on the field. I even went out of my way to say I wasn't taking anything away from Nicks.

87Canes
01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
He doesn't have great hands like Nicks nor does he have that little burst of speed.

Hank's fast but he's more like a poor mans Andre Johnson. Catches the ball the same way as Andre too with the exclusion of simple drops here and there.

Still the 3rd best WR in this draft after Green and Floyd.

Halsey
01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
He doesn't have great hands like Nicks nor does he have that little burst of speed.

Hank's fast but he's more like a poor mans Andre Johnson. Catches the ball the same way as Andre too with the exclusion of simple drops here and there.

Still the 3rd best WR in this draft after Green and Floyd.

He'll get draft before Floyd does. I'd be willing to bet on it.

nepg
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
He'll get him by at least a year, I reckon.

ElectricEye
01-29-2011, 08:46 PM
He'll get him by at least a year, I reckon.

Yup. Pretty safe bet there.

SenorGato
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM
2-4...he'll be a good player but you know teams will grab the most athletic guys they can get first...

Rabscuttle
01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
He had a nice game today, but a couple of drops and the corner was close to beating him clean inside on the slant at the goal line which is a cardinal sin. The td hookup with Ponder was so smooth for guys that have had a handful of practices together.

descendency
01-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Green, Jones, Hankerson. In that order.

Jon Baldwin may also take a jump over hankerson as he had an abysmal QB and will likely blow the combine up.

thebow305
01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I just love that no one talked about him during the week, it's like he wasn't even there. Hell, Mayock didn't even have him in his Top 7 receivers. Had guys like Jernigan, Greg Little and Titus Young over him. There's no way in HELL that any of those guys are better than Hank. I like Mayock, but that's a friggin joke! Back to the game, he goes out there and has this kind of game and everyone takes notice. Well, you know who noticed this before the game? Canes fans. We've been watching this monster brew for the last two years. Dude's a legit first round talent and it's about time people start taking notice. Legit.

bigbuc
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
I think if he runs well 4.45/4.5 he could go anywhere from 25 to 35. Guy made some money this week.

87Canes
01-30-2011, 12:31 AM
He'll get draft before Floyd does. I'd be willing to bet on it.

I'd love for himt tp go before Floyd but the ND WR is a beast. He's got slightly better hands than Hank and he dominated my fellow Hurricane Brandon Harris who is the 2nd best CB in the draft.

Jones is OVERRATED

Buc Baller12
01-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Demaryius Thomas clone?

87Canes
01-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Demaryius Thomas clone?

Not at all. Way more of a polished WR. Runs great routes which Demaryus still can't do...

TACKLE
01-30-2011, 01:20 AM
I'd love for himt tp go before Floyd but the ND WR is a beast. He's got slightly better hands than Hank and he dominated my fellow Hurricane Brandon Harris who is the 2nd best CB in the draft.

He was saying that because Michael Floyd isn't in this draft.

87Canes
01-30-2011, 01:23 AM
He was saying that because Michael Floyd isn't in this draft.

Wow yes you're right....completely forgot about that. SMH...dadgummit! He announced that right after the Miami game too...

descendency
01-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Jones is OVERRATED

Yeah, because overrated WRs regularly beat DBs like Patrick Peterson. . .

87Canes
01-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah, because overrated WRs regularly beat DBs like Patrick Peterson. . .

I'm sure Charles Woodson has been beaten by a WR before. Name me one CB who hasn't been beaten and a WR that hasn't beat a CB aside from Charles Rogers.

BTW, don't you remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BngI6yAtTLE