PDA

View Full Version : AK's Senior-Bowl-Eve mock:

akvikefan89
01-29-2011, 02:48 AM
"Give me a reason if you don't li... bla bla bla"

I included comments on some of the picks.

1. Carolina Panthers: A.J. Green - WR - Georgia (This franchise has it's wagon hitched to Jimmy Clausen. An elite WR could set him up for success.)

2. Denver Broncos: Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn

3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller - OLB - Texas A&M (Not just trying to copy Scott here, but Miller has made millions after Senior Bowl week. Gailey got a great look at his future pass-rushing OLB on his South squad.)

4. Cincinnati Bengals: Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU

6. Cleveland Browns: Marcell Dareus - DT/DE - Alabama

7. San Francisco 49ers: Robert Quinn - OLB - North Carolina

8. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri (Jeff Fisher is gone and this franchise is looking at a retooling year. They take Gabbert here and get ready to groom him in.)

9. Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

10. Washington Redskins: Jake Locker - QB - Washington (Redskins need a QB, and Shanny and Co. were zeroing in on him last year.)

11. Houston Texans: Aldon Smith - OLB - Missouri

12. Minnesota Vikings: Cam Newton - QB - Auburn (Tough spot for me here, being a Vikings fan who's not a huge fan of either Newton or Mallet. I think Craig Johnson (Vikings new QB coach) will lobby for Newton, who has some similar athletic ability to Vince Young. Johnson worked well with Young back when Young was looking promising and made the Pro Bowl.)

13. Detroit Lions: Cameron Jordan - DE - California

14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones - WR - Alabama

15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama (Mallett could be a possibility, but his play-action deep pass style of play isn't a very good fit for Brandon Marshall.)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

17. New England Patriots: Ryan Kerrigan - OLB - Purdue

18. San Diego Chargers: J.J. Watt - DE - Wisconsin

19. New York Giants: Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College

20. Tampa Bay Bucs: Akeem Ayers - OLB - UCLA

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Justin Houston - OLB - Georgia

22. Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder - OT - Colorado

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris - CB - Miami

24. New Orleans Saints: Cameron Heyward - DE - Ohio State

25. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas (I know the Seahawks will think about OT here, but they can get one after this pick. Hard to pass on taking Mallett to groom behind Hasselbeck.)

26. Baltimore Ravens: Aaron Williams - CB - Texas

27. Atlanta Falcons: Titus Young - WR - Boise State (Might still seem early to some, but scouts are falling in love with Young. The name "DeSean Jackson" keeps coming up, and he gives Matt Ryan a great vertical option.)

28. New England Patriots: Stefen Wisniewski - C - Penn State

29. Chicago Bears: Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State

30. New York Jets: Torrey Smith - WR - Maryland (This pick could change depending on what happens with Santonio Holmes. They think about Allen Bailey, but he has too many similarities to Jets bust Vernon Gholston.)

31. Green Bay Packers: Tyron Smith - OT - USC

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Marcus Cannon - OG - TCU (Wanted to give them Mike Pouncey for the cool story aspect, but Cannon is simply a better player and helps their team more.)

T-RICH49
01-29-2011, 02:57 AM
solid KC pick

Pat Sims 90
01-29-2011, 03:23 AM
If the Benglas take a DL it needs to be a Passrushing DT problem is they could not get any inside pass rush. But the Bengals need to go like Offense in majority of the rounds. So i would say Juilo Jones at that point.

wicket
01-29-2011, 04:20 AM
dont like how you formatted as it takes time to figure out who is left on the board but I do like the saints pick a lot

akvikefan89
01-29-2011, 04:31 AM
dont like how you formatted as it takes time to figure out who is left on the board but I do like the saints pick a lot

Yeah I was trying something different by using those . tags, but they ended up being a problem for the reason you mentioned. Just edited them out.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Great Bears Pick

RealityCheck
01-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I like this Pats mock.

Nalej
01-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Fan of the pats mock

FootballGod
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
If the Benglas take a DL it needs to be a Passrushing DT problem is they could not get any inside pass rush. But the Bengals need to go like Offense in majority of the rounds. So i would say Juilo Jones at that point.

Julio Jones at #4. You are a joke. You take elite talent at #4 and find a spot for them. Jones does not qualify as elite. WR's don't win championships.

marshallb
01-29-2011, 11:49 AM
As a Vikings fan who very much so does not like Cam Newton, I would much rather see us take Mallett. I understand what you're saying there, but I would have to counter with the fact that Bill Musgrave, the new OC, worked with Matt Ryan in Atlanta and will lobby hard for a pure pocket passer. Not saying that Mallett is like Ryan as he's really not at all, but he's a pocket passer like Ryan, and that's my reasoning for thinking that we go with one of the other top 4 QBs instead of Newton if they are there.

fed36
01-29-2011, 11:54 AM
not a fan of locker for the skins - not sold on him as an nfl QB - would much rather go with Julio Jones in the first round.

thebow305
01-29-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd be good with either Mallett or Ingram there for the Phins.

vidae
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Great KC pick.

49erNation85
01-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Excellent SF pick ! After the game today.I see us taking a QB round two or three.

proshoota25
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
very solid pats draft

Matthew Jones
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I'll comment on this mock after I change my underwear.

prock
01-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I dig Newton.

txparkes49x
01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I am a fan of Quinn but with Amukamara on there, thats a tough choice but one or the other.