PDA

View Full Version : Shane's Post Senior Bowl [on the plane] Mock

Shane P. Hallam
01-30-2011, 06:46 PM
I'll add comments for picks I want to. If I forgot someone, it happens. I did this without a list of players with me. There is probably some Senior Bowl bias, I need to let things settle, but I was bored on the flight home when I couldn't use my laptop.

ROUND ONE

1. Carolina (2-14)
- Da’Quan Bowers DE/Clemson

Meh, I know they have DEs and pass rushers, but the character stuff for Fairley could scare them away. Having Bowers across from Johnson with Hardy/Brown rotating could be pure nastiness. Giants have proven it can work.

2. Denver (4-12)
- Patrick Peterson CB/LSU

3. Buffalo (4-12)
- Nick Fairley DT/Auburn

Chan Gailey had an intriguing comment at the Senior Bowl that if a player is good, you find a fit. I feel like he did it last year and could go that way again with Fairley

4. Cincinnati (4-12)
- AJ Green WR/Georgia

5. Arizona (5-11)
- Von Miller LB/Texas A&M

6. Cleveland (5-11)
- Marcell Dareus DT/Alabama

7. San Francisco (6-10)
- Prince Amukamara CB/Nebraska

8. Tennessee (6-10)
- Cam Newton QB/Auburn

Just think he is the first QB off the board.

9. Dallas (6-10)
- Cameron Jordan DE/Cal

Best fit? No, I think Jerry would trade down in this spot and someone would move up for Cam

10. Washington (6-10)
- Jake Locker QB/Washington

They love him, get used to it

11. Houston (6-10)
- Robert Quinn LB/North Carolina

12. Minnesota (6-10)
- Tyron Smith OT/USC

Not sure if I love the fit, but I think he is the first tackle to go.

13. Detroit (6-10)
- Aldon Smith LB/Missouri

14. St. Louis (7-9)
- Julio Jones WR/Alabama

15. Miami (7-9)
- Mark Ingram RB/Alabama

16. Jacksonville (8-8)
- Akeem Ayers LB/UCLA

17. New England (from Oakland 8-8)
- Ryan Kerrigan LB/Purdue

18. San Diego (9-7)
- Gabe Carimi OT/Wisconsin

19. New York Giants (10-6)
- Martez Wilson LB/Illinois

Don't be surprised if his stock raises to this spot.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)
- Adrian Clayborn DE/Iowa

21. Kansas City (10-6)
- Jonathan Baldwin WR/Pittsburgh

22. Indianapolis (10-6)
- Nate Solder OT/Colorado

23. Philadelphia (10-6)
- Aaron Williams CB/Texas

24. New Orleans (11-5)
- Corey Liuget DT/Illinois

25. Seattle (7-9)
- Blaine Gabbert QB/Missouri

I wonder if NFL teams will buy into Gabbert. They probably will and he will go Top 5, but I want to hear more before I mock him there.

26. Baltimore (12-4)
- Brandon Harris CB/Miami

27. Atlanta (13-3)
- Allen Bailey DE/Miami

28. New England (14-2)
- Cameron Heyward DE/Ohio State

29. Chicago (11-5)
- Anthony Castonzo OT/Boston College

30. New York Jets (11-5) – J.J. Watt DE/Wisconsin

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Jimmy Smith CB/Colorado

32. Green Bay Packers – Justin Houston LB/Georgia

ROUND TWO

1. New England (f/ CAR) (2-14)
- Jerrel Jernigan WR/Troy

That offense with another weapon like this would be crazy.

2. Cincinnati (4-12) – Ryan Williams RB/Virginia Tech

Just feels like a Bengals pick to me

3. Buffalo (4-12)
- Torrey Smith WR/Maryland

Kinda strange, but Lee Evans isn't exactly lighting the world on fire and I don't buy Nelson being a #3

4. Denver (4-12)
- Ben Ijalana OG/Villanova

5. Cleveland (5-11)
- Derek Sherrod OT/Miss. State

Seems like the Browns are interested in getting a RT

6. Arizona (5-11)
- Ryan Mallett QB/Arkansas

7. Tennessee (6-10)
- Mason Foster LB/Washington

9. Dallas (6-10)
- Marcus Cannon OG/TCU

9. Washington (6-10)
- Stephen Paea DT/Oregon State

10. Houston (6-10)
- Phil Taylor DT/Baylor

11. Minnesota (6-10)
- Colin Kaepernick QB/Nevada

Will it really happen? I don't know, maybe they sign Vince Young AND draft Kaepernick.

12. Detroit (6-10)
- Curtis Brown CB/Texas

13. San Francisco (6-10)
- Christian Ponder QB/Florida State

14. Denver (7-9)
- Kyle Rudolph TE/Notre Dame

15. St. Louis (7-9)
- Drake Nevis DT/LSU

17. Oakland (8-8)
- Chykie Brown CB/Texas

Asomugha replacement. Expect Brown to go 2nd round.

18. Jacksonville (8-8)
- Rahim Moore S/UCLA

18. San Diego (9-7)
- Leonard Hankerson WR/Miami

19. Tampa Bay (10-6)
- Lance Kendricks TE/Wisconsin

Not feeling Winslow's age and injury history, TB has little behind him.

20. New York Giants (10-6) - 
Rodney Hudson OG/Florida State

21. Indianapolis (10-6)
- Christian Ballard DT/Iowa

Too low for my tastes, nearly had him in Round 1.

22. Philadelphia (10-6)
- Stephen Wisniewski OG/Penn State

23. Kansas City (10-6)
- Brooks Reed LB/Arizona

24. New Orleans (11-5)
- Quan Sturdivant LB/North Carolina

25. Seattle (7-9)
- Jeremy Beal LB/Oklahoma

26. Baltimore (12-4)
- Mark Herzlich LB/Boston College

27. Atlanta (13-3)
- Titus Young WR/Boise State

28. New England (14-2)
- Ahmad Black S/Florida

29. San Diego (11-5) – Dontay Moch LB/Nevada

30. Chicago (11-5)
- Danny Watkins OG/Baylor

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – John Moffitt OG/Wisconsin

32. Green Bay Packers – Taiwan Jones RB/Eastern Washington

Too high for Jones, especially before Leshoure, but I watched a bit of him before I left and continue to hear people rave. It will be interesting.

49erNation85
01-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Love the mock Shane .Excellent two picks for SF.Both huge needs there.

DeepThreat
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
#3 - I don't see Fairley being prioritized enough by a 3-4 team to be picked that high. I think Dareus would be more likely, with Quinn and Green as possibilities.

#6 - Gailey is likely to run his 2 gap 4-3 in Cleveland and Rogers and Rubin are the perfect fits there. Dareus really isn't a great fit in a 4-3 defense, and I think Quinn makes a lot more sense. There are no defensive ends on the Browns' roster, and he has sick potential.

#10 - I just don't see Locker going this high. He has not shown anything to be drafted nearly that high.

#17 - I don't think Kerrigan has shown the coverage ability to be taken by the Pats that high in the draft. He has the size and motor they look for, but Belichick usually looks for someone who has demonstrated coverage ability already.

#28 - Belichick needs his defensive ends to be able to rush the passer, and that is by far Heyward's biggest weakness. Watt is a better fit there IMO. He still has the size and motor, but he also has the pass rushing ability.

J-Mike88
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
If the Packers land Justin Houston, I think that's more bad news for Cutler, Stafford, and Vince Young or Donny McNabb in the NFC North.

dabears10
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Would prefer Sherrod over Castonzo, but love getting Watkins.

Pat Sims 90
01-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Love Green and Williams to the Bengals

billsfootball15
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Amazing Bills picks

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Would prefer Sherrod over Castonzo, but love getting Watkins.

A better Bears drft would be Pouncey and Dowling

Timbathia
01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I assume you think John Fox is going to bring in a number of front 7 guys via free agency, because the concept of not taking a front 7 guy with our first 3 picks will be astounding to all Denver fans.

Hines
01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Love the two picks. Question. Why no Pouncey in the first two rounds? Is he THAT far behind his brother and the other interior line prospects?

eagles6606
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I think the Eagles would take Pouncey over Wisiniewski. Athleticism and pass blocking over toughness and run blocking. We like to pass...

marshallb
01-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Yea, I gotta say I'd really hate those Vikings picks. Smith is a terrible fit, especially when Frazier has said many times that he wants to go with a power run scheme, which is pretty much the exact opposite for what Smith needs to be in. If we want to go with a guy like Kaepernick, I don't know why we wouldn't just stick with Webb. Very, very similar guys and well, Webb has the advantage of a year playing in the league. I like the positions you have us drafting, but hate the fits player wise.

Shane P. Hallam
01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Love the two picks. Question. Why no Pouncey in the first two rounds? Is he THAT far behind his brother and the other interior line prospects?

He'll probably go in the first two rounds, but I really don't see the talent there matching up. Someone will just want his athleticism, but man, I think he is very very soft.

coordinator0
01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Not a bad Ravens mock. Harris would be a good first round pick, either he of Jimmy Smith are my realistic ideal corners for the Ravens in the first. Titus Young would probably be a much better pick in the second, though Herzlich isn't bad himself.

BucsFreak5
01-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Like the Clayborn pick but the Bucs don't need a TE in the 2nd round. Winslow always plays through his injuries and he is only 27. Plus, I think Purvis has potential as a backup. We have bigger needs like OLB, CB depth, OL, etc.

BeerBaron
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Watkins is exactly what the Bears need but in the first? By the time his rookie contract is up, he'd be the rip old age of 32...

coordinator0
01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Watkins is exactly what the Bears need but in the first? By the time his rookie contract is up, he'd be the rip old age of 32...

You're getting him in the second, not the first. Castonzo is the first round pick. The numbering probably threw you off ;).

BeerBaron
01-30-2011, 07:40 PM
You're getting him in the second, not the first. Castonzo is the first round pick. The numbering probably threw you off ;).

It did....I read the first few picks then started scrolling....saw "30" and hence my response.

Not a fan of Castonzo, so that means JA will take him. So it's probably a good pick.

holt_bruce81
01-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I thought that a #1 Wide Receiver was the obvious number one need for the Rams this offseason. However, Mark Clayton looked very good when he was healthy and Donnie Avery has all the talent to be a #1 Receiver and was really set up to have a breakout season before he tore his ACL. I also think since Julio Jones is so athletically gifted that he'll be a top 10 pick after the Combine, I expect him to have a great showing.

So while I would agree with the Rams needing a Receiver, I really don't think they view it as a top priority like everyone else does. I really think the top 3 needs for the Rams as of today are 1. Offensive Guard 2. Defensive End 3. Defensive Tackle/Outside Linebacker

1. The Guard play this season was atrocious, my wish is to get two new ones in there for next year. Jacob Bell might be the most overpaid player in the NFL, he gets absolutely no push in the run game.

Running Left Sideline: 3.14 (21 Attempts)
Running Left Side: 4.13 (80 Attempts)
Running Middle: 2.79 (113 Attempts)
Running Right Side: 3.55 (96 Attempts)
Running Right Sideline: 9.45 (20 Attempts)

2. While James Hall had a tremendous season this year he did just finish his 11th nfl season, and his stats might look good but the real credit goes to Chris Long who was an absolute monster this season, I kind of want Aldon Smith but I'm a little hesitate just cuz I know how raw he is.

3. I like the Nevis pick, I think it's the first time I've seen someone give him to the Rams. Not many people know how much of a need a Defensive Tackle is for the Rams, they have Fred Robbins and then? Gary Gibson, Clifton Ryan got hurt early in the season and is a Free Agent and from what I'm hearing (radio and such) Rams are planning on going a different route.

I have a question for you Shane, If Mark Ingram is there at #14 and you were Bill Devaney would you be tempted to take him? Running Back isn't the most pressing need but Steven Jackson will be twenty-eight next year and with his physical style of running I just wonder how many years he has left.

diabsoule
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm perfectly content with Liuget to the Saints in the first but I question Sturdivant in the 2nd. Does he have the lateral mobility and coverage skills to play OLB at the next level? I would feel that Kelvin Sheppard would be the better fit.

Shane P. Hallam
01-30-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm perfectly content with Liuget to the Saints in the first but I question Sturdivant in the 2nd. Does he have the lateral mobility and coverage skills to play OLB at the next level? I would feel that Kelvin Sheppard would be the better fit.

Want me to just give you Nevis to so you can keep all the LSU players in town? ;) Yeah, I don't think Shep goes that high though.

Nalej
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
1st round of the Pats mock was amazing. I truly hope that's how it goes down.
2nd round I have issues with...

What the Pats don't need is another 5'9 receiver.
We need a tall field stretching target for Brady
Also, aside from pass rusher, interior OL is the biggest need for the Pats.
A guy like Ijalana or Wisneiski would be perfect at 33.

A.Black is a player I like, and know the Pats are looking at.
My only concern is that there isn't room for him on the Patriots on the moment
Unless the Pats move (Meriweather?) then I can't see us taking a S that high. Maybe in the 3rd though.
Another OL (RT) would be nice here... I could see the Pats taking a RB like LeShoure here since I think he's talented enough to go early 2nd

My two cents... good job on all your work there in Mobile
lol @ Hankerson's "Actually, it was one drop" and the face off you had against that OT (forgot which one)

prock
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Yea, I gotta say I'd really hate those Vikings picks. Smith is a terrible fit, especially when Frazier has said many times that he wants to go with a power run scheme, which is pretty much the exact opposite for what Smith needs to be in. If we want to go with a guy like Kaepernick, I don't know why we wouldn't just stick with Webb. Very, very similar guys and well, Webb has the advantage of a year playing in the league. I like the positions you have us drafting, but hate the fits player wise.

I agree with this post.

jCut
01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
That is exactly what Denver shouldn't do. We need talent along the front-seven.

Caddy
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
K2 is only 27 and hasn't missed a game the last two seasons. I understand having Kendricks to the Bucs but I think the reasoning is flawed!

akvikefan89
01-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Shane, man, I love your work usually, but I think the altitude on that flight was hampering your mocking ability. I agree with what marshall and prock, this draft would be awful for Minnesota. Besides reaching huge on Smith at #12, we just don't need an OT. McKinnie is playing well, and Loadholt is improving, nothing there that needs a 1st round pick spent on OT.

I think we would have to go with Gabbert there. But even if we didn't go QB, would rather see Aldon Smith/Akeem Ayers (Greenway and EJ are great, but we have a huge hole at the other OLB spot) or Ryan Kerrigan (Ray Edwards probably leaving, hole at LE).

If we went QB in round 2, would prefer Ponder > Kaepernick. As already said, Kaepernick is a clone of Joe Webb.
If we don't go QB in round 2, Rahim Moore or Stephen Wisniewski would be perfect.

niel89
01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Not a bad Ravens mock. Harris would be a good first round pick, either he of Jimmy Smith are my realistic ideal corners for the Ravens in the first. Titus Young would probably be a much better pick in the second, though Herzlich isn't bad himself.

I'm with you. I like Jimmy Smith more but Harris is good too. I like the Herzlich pick . Both picks just feel like players the Ravens would take in terms of position and value.

Draftologist
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Chykie Brown will have to run in the 4.2s to be drafted that early.. lol

Brothgar
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Is Aldon Smith going to play DE or OLB on the Lions? If DE does that mean you expect Avril to not be resigned? Otherwise I don't see it as a vast improvement. Where the Lions are really stuck in a tough spot in that situation.

thebow305
01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
As always, love the Phins pick. And I agree about Martez. He has all the tools of a first rounder. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go that high.

A Perfect Score
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Brandon Harris and Mark Herzlich makes me happy in the pants.

TACKLE
01-31-2011, 01:28 AM
32. Green Bay Packers – Taiwan Jones RB/Eastern Washington

Too high for Jones, especially before Leshoure, but I watched a bit of him before I left and continue to hear people rave. It will be interesting.

First thing I thought when I saw this pick was, What a Toonster move. :) Putting a unheralded, small school player early in a mock in order to put him on the map. Don't know if that was your intention or not but it was very Toonster-esque. Really enjoyed this mock. I could tell you had a lot of fresh ideas from your time in Mobile.

RaiderNation
01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Its going to hard for Oakland to pass on Wisniewski, especially since we hired his coach to be an assistant. Satele needs to be a back up as well so C is a big need and will give us a actual starter at the position for a few years.

Nnamdi isnt going to leave, unless Al wants him too. We will eventually come to an agreement somehow, similar to his last contract that will last 3 years and he can opt out if he wants too. If we have a down year again Nnamdi will be gone for sure.

vidae
01-31-2011, 01:43 AM
Decent KC mock but I'd prefer to do Houston -> Taylor.

wogitalia
01-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Meh, not a fan at all of the Vikes picks, notably Kapaernick, just don't think another project is the answer. I'd far rather a guard or some form of secondary/LB help with that 2nd.

I'd prefer Carimi over Smith, ideal would be a trade down to nab him and get another 2nd or even a 3rd to recover the Moss deal. Would be interesting to take Smith, he is just about the complete opposite of McKinnie as a player. Super athletic, fast footed and weak compared to feet in concrete slow, big and strong(though it doesn't matter if you are so stone footed you can't get to anyone...).

As long as we replace McKinnie I think it just about qualifies as a dream draft...

bullg8rdaddy
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Give us Watt and Sturdivant, instead, sir.

TitanHope
01-31-2011, 02:19 AM
I agree that QB will be the pick. Not sure about Newton, but the position is what counts.

As for Mason Foster, I think he's a very good player and would love to have him. He had a great Senior Bowl. But if the Titans don't address the center position, they're in a world of hurt. I hope they say screw the value and Munch hand picks the best center available, and I don't think Hudson, Wisniewski, and now maybe even Watkins would be big reaches at all. Plus, with no DC, we don't know what the scheme will be, although Foster can fit anywhere.

It's funny. I have a better grasp of what the Titans will do now that the staff is in shambles than I did when I was under the impression that Fisher would be here for one more season.

Grizzlegom
01-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Chykie Brown will have to run in the 4.2s to be drafted that early.. lol

Chykie was, by far, the best corner on that Texas team this year before his injury. If he checks out health-wise at the combine and can do all the drills, I fully expect him to go on day 2. I expect him to be the second Texas CB taken this year, ahead of Curtis (personally, I'd take him before Aaron Williams as well but Williams size/speed will trick some team into taking him in the 1st despite him being a 3rd rounder, at best, on tape).

As for the Dolphins pick, same as everywhere but its a goodie. I fully expect Miami to trade back come draft day because they desperately want to recoup that 2nd round pick but as long as they stay put, Ingram seems most likely to be the pick.

xpmar9x
01-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Dear god I hope the Titans do not select Cam...

SRogers92
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Is Aldon Smith going to play DE or OLB on the Lions? If DE does that mean you expect Avril to not be resigned? Otherwise I don't see it as a vast improvement. Where the Lions are really stuck in a tough spot in that situation.

Aldon would have to play DE for us ... he's not the type of LB that Schwartz likes ... he likes coverage LBers because he's going to be using mainly his front 4 for pass rush ... Keith Bulloch in his prime was the best coverage LB in the game - that's what he's looking for ...

I can see Lions going DE, but they won't take Aldon to play LB.

Poz51
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
3. Buffalo (4-12)
- Nick Fairley DT/Auburn
3. Buffalo (4-12)
- Torrey Smith WR/Maryland
4. Denver (4-12)
- Ben Ijalana OG/Villanova
5. Cleveland (5-11)
- Derek Sherrod OT/Miss. State
14. Denver (7-9)
- Kyle Rudolph TE/Notre Dame

I can live with Fairley, and see him being on their radar.
Smith in the second is baffling to me. I know Smith has a world of potential, and that is fine and all, but Fitzy's not the best deep ball thrower, and potential has let this team down for a decade. Ijalan and Sherrod have produced, and play actual positions of need, our TE's have been horrible for a decade and last years 23 catches and 1 TD lit the world on fire even less so than Evans did. Evans was still drawing over/under coverage, which did free up Johnson to have his breakout season, and Evans was wide open numerous times and not even looked at for some reason. Nelson was a 3 by injury, Parrish was finally being utilized correctly making plays and moving the chains before the injury. Nelson made plays no matter what # he was, Jones showed potential, Roosevelt came in and made plays at the end of the year, and Easley the 4th rounder from last year is coming back from injury. WR is arguably the strength of the team. Bell is average at best at LT, and RT has little to offer. If the Bills took Smith it would be the same old, same old... Ill blame it on flight boredom ;)

killxswitch
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Definitely the right positions, and Ballard in the 2nd would be cool, but I really think the Colts would regret taking Solder in the 1st. The team doesn't have the time (and possibly doesn't have the coaching staff) to develop him into a top LT. I think I'd rather have Sherrod who appears to be the more complete player right now even if his ceiling is lower.

T-RICH49
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Decent KC mock but I'd prefer to do Houston -> Taylor.

this (10 char)

shylo3716
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
ROUND TWO
6. Arizona (5-11)
- Ryan Mallett QB/Arkansas

Did his stock really take the much of a hit?

I know he had an up & down season due to the injuires, but after the injury he got things together & came along nicely. I still value him as a 1st rounder.

Shane can you or someone else explain to me why he does not have a 1st round value, because I am scratching my head on this projection.

K Train
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
id throw a fit if we didnt get pouncey in the second if he was there

TitanHope
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Dear god I hope the Titans do not select Cam...

For the Titans's, Cam's, or the rest of AFC South's sake? ;)

toddmlazarchick
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Locker is a decent pick its no surprise Shanahan loved him last year but the vibe I get from the insiders I know with the team, LB/WR/DL would be picked over QB at #10. Love he Paea pick tho!

Babylon
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Seattle

I think where he is being picked Gabbert becomes an attractive selection there.

When you say the Redskins love Locker what do you mean by that? My guess is no scouts are going to show their hands at this stage of the process.

Fred Savage
01-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Love the Lions draft.

Canadian_draft_fan
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Locker is a decent pick its no surprise Shanahan loved him last year but the vibe I get from the insiders I know with the team, LB/WR/DL would be picked over QB at #10. Love he Paea pick tho!
I've been wrong before but I just don't see the Skins drafting Locker @#10 now. At #41 I could see it.

FlyingElvis
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
1st round of the Pats mock was amazing. I truly hope that's how it goes down.
2nd round I have issues with...

What the Pats don't need is another 5'9 receiver.
We need a tall field stretching target for Brady
Also, aside from pass rusher, interior OL is the biggest need for the Pats.
A guy like Ijalana or Wisneiski would be perfect at 33.

A.Black is a player I like, and know the Pats are looking at.
My only concern is that there isn't room for him on the Patriots on the moment
Unless the Pats move (Meriweather?) then I can't see us taking a S that high. Maybe in the 3rd though.
Another OL (RT) would be nice here... I could see the Pats taking a RB like LeShoure here since I think he's talented enough to go early 2nd

My two cents... good job on all your work there in Mobile
lol @ Hankerson's "Actually, it was one drop" and the face off you had against that OT (forgot which one)

I'm am totally on board with the WR comments. No more mighty mites, thanks. Make that second round Hankerson & Watkins and I'd lay this draft down by the fire . . .

NE could probably even trade down a bit so BB gets his draft-day-trade-a-thon-freak-on.

Docta
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Shouldn't the Broncos be focusing on their line? They got crushed by the run this year, and with a 3-4 defense, you need a dominating front seven.

GB12
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Justin Houston is amazing. I think he's going to go quite a bit before our pick, but I'd love to get him.

The second pick, well, you said it yourself.

1funguy
02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
I just don't see AJ Smith going Olineman at 18 for the Chargers.

tjsunstein
02-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I agree with GB12 here. Love the Houston pick.

vikes_28
02-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Yep. I was going to say exactly this. You got the right positions, Shane, but the wrong players.

SINCE1978
02-02-2011, 08:38 AM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit Shane :o} When a player's adjectives are "awfully raw" & "unlimited potential" I think bust. Aldon Smith may go great as a project or a potential starter 3 season from now in Pittsburgh or Baltimore. IMO Detroit needs a bit more of a proven commodity at pick 13 to start right away. Maybe even one at a higher position of need (OLB, CB) Ayers, Houston, Miller, Harris or even Kerrigan pls ...

thegreatone
02-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Love the first rounder for the Ravens, but I'd prefer Young or Black in the 2nd.

TimmG6376
02-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Justin Houston is amazing. I think he's going to go quite a bit before our pick, but I'd love to get him.

The second pick, well, you said it yourself.

Houston would be a great pick, but like you I'm not optimistic that he will last that long. As for Taiwan Jones, definitely too early. I'm hoping his stock will stay between 3rd-5th. I would like to have him on the team but I don't think TT will go RB that early. So if his stock rises to a 2nd round grade I don't think he'll be a Packer.