PDA

View Full Version : I made a mock!

prock
01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
1. Carolina (2-14) – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
The Panthers really got screwed by this whole Luck thing, so they have to opt for the next best thing, and that is Auburn’s stud defensive tackle, Nick Fairley. This dude was Suh-esque this season and while he may not be quite the prospect that Suh was, he is just a fair below that. The Carolina defensive line wasn’t good this year, and surprisingly the position left vacant by the departure of Julius Peppers wasn’t the weakness, it was their defensive tackles, none of whom should ever be starting in the NFL. Other viable options here would be Marcel Dareus if they wanted to go defense, or Georgia pass catcher AJ Green to help out James Clausen.
2. Denver (4-12) – Daquan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Denver needs help on every single level of their defense, especially with the change from a 3-4 back to the 4-3. Patrick Peterson is my top rated defensive prospect, but cornerback is not in the same ballpark value-wise as a pass rusher. Bowers finally lived up to his high school hype this season and exploded back onto the scene for Clemson. When paired with Elvis Dumerville, the Broncos should have a formidable young set of pass rushers, which will help out the rest of their defense immensely.
3. Buffalo (4-12) – AJ Green, WR, Georgia
Buffalo fans want a quarterback of the future, but hey, I’ve always wanted a pony, and neither ought to happen this year. Newton is the only quarterback that has the potential to jump this high, and he just might, but Buffalo is likely to turn elsewhere with Ryan Fitzpatrick flashing some newfound competency. The top options here will be Marcel Dareus and AJ Green. Even though Dareus plays a position with top 5 value, while Green does not, I find Green to be a far superior prospect and should be the pick here. The Bills boast an offense that is quite depressing to watch, and Green will be the firecracker needed to spark some excitement into such a woeful unit.
4. Cincinnati (4-12) – Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
This may seem like a shocker, but Cincinnati really could be the perfect situation for Newton to flourish down the road. They have Carson Palmer around for potentially another few years to start ahead of Newton, and with not too many huge needs worth this pick, Newton seems like a match made in heaven. AJ Green would have made an ideal pick here, but with him being off the board, the Bengals shouldn’t be afraid to pull the trigger on the controversial quarterback prospect.
5. Arizona (5-11) – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Patrick Peterson is my top rated defensive prospect. I absolutely love the kid. He is a physical freak with top notch cornerback skills to boot. He may not be as refined as fellow top corner prospect Prince Amukamara, but he has the potential to be the best of the best. Zona is another team that would love a quarterback, but they seem like a team who would rather bring in a veteran and try and develop John Skelton, a quarterback they seem to have hopes for. A pass rusher like Robert Quinn or Von Miller are also plausible options here for the Cards, but at the end of the day, I think they take the BPA in PP.
6. Cleveland (5-11) – Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
Cleveland seemed to have an awesome draft class last year, revamping their secondary into a dangerous young core of players, but their front 7 leaves lots to be desired. There isn’t much at all worth starting on an NFL roster. Dareus played the 5-tech in college, and could play that same position in the NFL, or could also be a force as a 4-3 DT. The Browns could still feasibly change to one or the other, or play some sort of hybrid. Either way, Marcell is versatile enough to do whatever they ask of him, and should be a great block to build around on their defensive front. AJ Green or Julio Jones would also be awesome options for the Browns.
7. San Francisco (6-10) – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
While other quarterback prospects seem to be falling, i.e. Mallet and Locker, Gabbert still seems to be stapled into the top 10-15 picks. He is a big armed quarterback, and while some are skeptical of him being worth such a high pick, he has the tools to pay major dividends. The 9ers have a pretty terrible depth chart at cornerback, and Amukamara could be a great pick here, but San Fran ought to opt to address the most important position in sports first.
8. Tennessee (6-10) – Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
While the Titans need a quarterback all sorts of badly, there isn’t a real viable option at this point. Mallet has character concerns that the Titans seem to shy away from, and Locker has been playing his way out of the top half of round 1. Robert Quinn was considered a potential top 3-5 pick before sitting out this entire season, and he very well may be when it’s all said and done. Quinn has the potential and tools to be a top defensive end in the league, and could be the impact the Titans have been looking for on the defensive line since much maligned defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth departed from Nashville.
9. Dallas (6-10) – Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
Von Miller had a terrible start to his season, and lots of people began to write him off as the first round pick he was hyped to be. But after recovering from an injury, he returned to full form and dominated opponent’s backfields. Miller should fit in at 3-4 OLB for Dallas, but also could project as an ILB in a 3-4. He is quite versatile and can be moved all over the linebacking corps to try and create the best matchup. Dallas could also opt for cornerback Prince Amukamara here, as he is an elite corner prospect, just under the shadow of Patrick Peterson.
10. Washington (6-10) – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
I struggled with this pick. The Skins have A LOT of holes, and at this pick they seem to have a lot of viable options. I have a hard time imagining Prince falling out of the top 10, as he is an awesome prospect, but with good value at other positions, namely wide out Julio Jones and DE Cameron Jordan, Prince will be no shoe-in at number 10 if available. The Redskins also need a quarterback desperately, but I doubt they go with Mallet or Locker here, as both have shown way too many question marks to warrant this high of a selection with so many other holes on the roster.
11. Houston (6-10) – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Houston has an explosive offense, but when coupled with a dreadfully terrible defense, it doesn’t equate to playoffs. The Texans will be converting to a 3-4 defense with the hire of former Dallas HC Wade Phillips, and they will need to bring in a sturdy NT to anchor this transition. Paea is as strong as an ox and has an ideal build for playing nose in a 3-4. They could also look at address the linebacking corps, and if Prince were to fall, he would quite certainly be the pick here. I could also see the Texans trying to trade up a few spots to try and secure Prince.
12. Minnesota (6-10) – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
As a Vikings fan, I know how much we need a signal caller. I am enamored with Cam Newton, but he is long gone. Blaine Gabbert would be good value here too, but he is gone. I love the idea of Jake Locker, but he has shown nothing but inconsistency and has played his way out of this high of a selection. Ryan Mallet has peanut butter legs and is a statue in the pocket, which is a major problem considering our terrible offensive line. The Vikings have a lot of holes to address that would be preferable to taking any available quarterback here. Specifically, defensive end, defensive tackle, outside linebacker, safety, corner, and either interior line or offensive tackle would all be great selections. But is there any value here at those positions? Cam Jordan is an option. Any of the offensive tackles would be reaches. Akeem Ayers would be alright if Leber leaves. But unless a top prospect like Amukamara or Quinn fall, there doesn’t seem to be much value. As you can tell by this rant, I have no idea who I want the Vikings to take with this pick if it shakes down like I mocked it. In fact, as I am typing this, I still haven’t decided who I will mock here. While quarterback is the most important position in sports, and there are two plausible options available, there are more questions than answers with Mallet and Locker, so the Vikings opt to do what they seem to always do, draft BPA, regardless of need. Cameron Jordan will rise up boards quickly and could be gone by this point. (A side note to clear up any potential confusion, I think the BPA here is actually Julio Jones, but that is not an option for Minny).
13. Detroit (6-10) – Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
The Lions are out of the NFC North cellar for the first time that I can remember, at the expense of my Vikings. The Lions have a dangerous offense when they can keep franchise quarterback Matt Stafford healthy. Their defense, however, is like Swiss cheese, and no, not because they are delicious either. They could use lots of help in the secondary, but the value isn’t here. They could use defensive end help, but their d-line was actually very good last year, and while defensive end will need to be addressed in the near future, Kyle Vanden Bosch is more than serviceable now, and is enough of a reason to skip that position this year and take a stud outside linebacker that they are lacking. Akeem Ayers played defensive end in college, but most think his best position will be 4-3 OLB in the pros. He will upgrade a group of linebackers that makes opponents laugh more than fear.
14. St. Louis (7-9) – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Julio Jones is one of my favorite prospects in the entire draft. He is huge. He is athletic. He has good hands. He may not have the polish of top 3 pick AJ Green, but he is no more than a half step below in terms of a prospect. The Rams need a number one wide out badly, and Sam Bradford would likely give sexual favors in order to bring in a weapon like Jones. The Rams could also opt to upgrade their defensive line, but in terms of value, and also in terms of keeping your franchise quarterback happy, Jones has to be the pick here.
15. Miami (7-9) – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Most people automatically give the Dolphins Mark Ingram in their mock drafts. I, however, don’t believe running backs are worth a first round pick unless they are in the league of Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden. Lots of people think Newton to Miami would be a good option if he was still available, because not only would be an upgrade at quarterback, but he could run the Wildcat. Jake Locker is an awesome athlete as well, and was known for running in college. He may not be the runner that Cam is, but he could definitely help them run some gimmicky plays that they seem to love, as well as being a developmental quarterback who could end up being a franchise-type player. They could also use a pass rusher to line up opposite Cam Wake.
16. Jacksonville (8-8) – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Jacksonville invested a lot in upgrading their defensive line last offseason, but defensive end still needs plenty of help. Ryan Kerrigan wrecked havoc all season for Purdue, and is the kind of non-stop motor guy that the Jags will fall in love with. They could also use secondary help, and perhaps a quarterback.
17. New England (14-2) -- from Oakland – J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
New England had a 14-2 record despite having a fairly porous defense. A lot of rookies made significant impacts for them last year, and look for J.J. Watt to do the same. New England could also realistically go with a pass rusher, running back, offensive lineman, or wide receiver here. But since they have about a gagillion picks in the first three rounds (give or take), they can just take BPA at one of those positions of need.
18. San Diego (9-7) – Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
San Diego needs help on defense. They could go with a lineman or a 3-4 OLB, but either way, this pick should be spent on defense, despite holes at right tackle and wide receiver. Cameron Heyward was hyped to be a preseason top 5 pick, but an average season yielded his hype train a bit. He is still a solid prospect and should find a home somewhere in the second half of round one.

19. New York Giants (10-6) – Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
I personally would try and address defense for the Giants with this pick, but I didn’t love anything available. Trends would tell us the Giants go defensive line here, most likely DT, and that is still a good possibility, but they also need help on the offensive line, and Castonzo is a solid prospect that could play tackle on the right or left side. They could also use a corner, so Aaron Williams or Brandon Harris may also be options here.
20. Tampa Bay (10-6) – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Much like Cam Heyward, Adrian Clayborn was hyped to be a preseason top 5-10 pick. He didn’t light the world on fire like many expected during his senior campaign and his stock has fallen accordingly. But he is still a good prospect with a relentless motor that will compliment the two defensive tackles they spent premium picks on last year, in McCoy and Price. They need an outside linebacker too. And watch out for a sleeper here at quarterback, since our favorite poster RealityCheck has some inside information that suggests Josh Freeman could be traded!! Stay tuned!!
21. Kansas City (10-6) – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Since everyone and their mothers thought the Chiefs would go with Bryan Bulaga on draft day last year, we know that the Chiefs need help at right tackle. Carimi is a power blocker who anchored the Badgers dominant rushing attack last season, and will fit in nicely with the Chiefs love of running the ball. They could use help at wide receiver, and a guy like Jon Baldwin could be an option here. A sleeper could be Phil Taylor, a NT with a very rapidly rising stock.
22. Indianapolis (10-6) – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Nate Solder is one of the more intriguing tackle prospects in the draft and there are a wide range of opinions on him. I personally think he is a mid-to-late first round pick, and that is where he falls in this mock. The Colts have needed help at left tackle for pretty much ever, and have continually failed to upgrade it, with every player inserted to seemingly be worse than the last. Solder may be a project, but he should develop into a solid pro that can make Peyton’s life a little easier. Defensive tackle would also be a good option.
23. Philadelphia (10-6) – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Philly has an explosive offense, everyone knows this. But besides Trent Cole and Asante Samuel, the casual fan couldn’t name a starter on this defense. Brandon Harris is a very solid prospect who presents good value at this point in the draft. They could also use help at outside linebacker, and in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
24. New Orleans (11-5) – Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
The Saints could use some help on the defensive side of the ball, where they are lacking an end and a tackle, but here they opt to take the proven work horse than can turn their offense from very good into scary as hell. Other liable options where would be a defensive tackle like Allen Bailey or Corey Luiget.
25. Seattle (7-9) – Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
Seattle fans would LOVE to grab Jake Locker, but unfortunately he is long gone. Seattle made the playoffs with a sub-.500 record, and in any other division, wouldn’t have even netted 7 wins. What I am getting at is that the Seahawks a terrible team. They have lots and lots of holes. But they stumble upon a potential franchise signal caller at 25, even if it isn’t Locker. Matt Hasselbeck is old as dirt, and whoever thought that David Della Rocco had what it takes to make the transition from actor to NFL quarterback should probably be flogged in front of Qwest Field. Mallet has potential and Seattle jumps at the opportunity to grab him this late in round 1.
26. Baltimore (12-4) – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
The Ravens have nothing at corner. It is a huge hole, and how it went unaddressed last draft is beyond me. Luckily, there ought to be good value at this stage in the draft for them to not fudge it up again. They could also use depth all over the defense if they for some reason decide to go in a different direction with this pick.
27. Atlanta (13-3) – Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Atlanta could use help at defensive end, wide receiver, and offensive tackle, and I expect them to address all three of these positions in the draft. The best value here is with Aldon Smith, who will, in all likelihood, be gone much earlier than this when it comes to draft day. Other options could be Torey Smith, Titus Young, Jon Baldwin, Allen Bailey, Derrick Sherrod, or Tyron Smith.
28. New England (14-2) – Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
New England was able to address the line earlier, and can use another premium draft pick to upgrade their somewhat lackluster pass rush. Another direction they could go with this would be wide out or runningback, but they do have 4 picks in the next two rounds, so they can wait on those.
29. Chicago (11-5) – Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
I would quit on my team too if I played behind that offensive line they got in Chicago… Just kidding, settle down, put the pitch forks down… But anyway, Chicago doesn’t have any choice but to upgrade their line this draft, and luckily the offensive line value falls where they are picking. Sherrod is one of my favorite tackles, as he is a very well balanced player, who may never be great, but should be a good player for a long time.
30. New York Jets (11-5) – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Allen Bailey is a physical FREAK, and is one of my 3 to 5 favorite prospects in the entire draft. I drool at his numbers. He is so versatile that, while his best fit may be at 5-tech, he should be able to line up all over the place. Rex Ryan will find some way to turn Bailey into an awesome pro.
31. Green Bay (10-6)* - Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
If the Packers picked this guy, I might literally cry. I can’t imagine having to deal with Clay Matthews 2.0 and Clay Matthews on the same team. They really need to give Clay some help across from him to free him up a bit more, and Brooks Reed is a perfect fit to do so.
32. Pittsburgh (12-4)* - Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
Mike Pouncey is nowhere near the prospect his brother Maurkice was, but he is a fringe first rounder himself. The Steelers need MAJOR help on the offensive line, and bringing in the brother of their best protector could in no way be a bad thing.
ROUND DOS
1. New England - from Carolina (2-14) – Marcus Cannon, OG, Texas Christian
2. Buffalo (4-12) – Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma
3. Cincinnati (4-12) – Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
4. Denver (4-12) – Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
5. Cleveland (5-11) - Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
6. Arizona (5-11) – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
7. Tennessee (6-10) – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
8. Dallas (6-10) – Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
9. Washington (6-10) – Andy Dalton, QB, Texas Christian
10. Houston (6-10) – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
11. Minnesota (6-10) – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
12. Detroit (6-10) – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
13. San Francisco (6-10) – Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
14. Denver - from Miami (7-9) – Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
15. St. Louis (7-9) – Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
16. Oakland (8-8) – Stephen Wisniewski, OL, Penn State
17. Jacksonville (8-8) – Mason Foster, LB, Washington
18. San Diego (9-7) – Jerrell Jerrigan, WR, Troy
19. Tampa Bay (10-6) – Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
20. New York Giants (10-6) – Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
21. Indianapolis* (10-6) – Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
22. Philadelphia* (10-6) – Rodney Hudson, OL, Florida State
23. Kansas City* (10-6) – Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
24. New Orleans* (11-5) – Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
25. Seattle* (7-9) – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
26. Baltimore* (12-4) – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
27. Atlanta* (13-3) – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
28. New England* (14-2) – Titus Young, WR, Boise State
29. San Diego - from New York Jets* (11-5) – Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
30. Chicago* (11-5) – Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
31. Green Bay* (10-6) – Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
32. Pittsburgh* (12-4) – Greg Little, WR, North Carolina

49erNation85
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
And your mock picking Gabbert to SF really sucks!Sorry but JH is not taking a chance on a spread QB.Specially with his lack of talents . Nice but please try again . I'd rather take the top CB or DE there .

akvikefan89
01-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Would still be awfully tempted to take a QB at #12, even though it's down to Locker and Mallett, but I can understand if the Vikings just are not confident in either of them. If that was the case, I would love to get Cameron Jordan.

Hines
01-31-2011, 01:06 AM
I like Greg Little, but could you explain the second round WR to Pittsburgh for me please?

vidae
01-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Fantastic second round pick, but I'd much rather have Justin Houston in the first.

bullg8rdaddy
01-31-2011, 02:18 AM
re: Freeman trade - funny guy. lol

Do. Not. Want. Clayborn.

Give us Aldon, instead. Like the Carter pick.

AntoinCD
01-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Nice mock overall for the Pats. For me Watt and Heyward are both intercahngeable and only really Jordan and Dareus would be above them for the Pats board. I love the Houston pick as well. Cannon fills a need but I think both Ijalana and Wisniewski would be better fits. At the end of the second Young is a good value but I wouldn't mind looking elsewhere either

Poz51
01-31-2011, 07:25 AM
3. Buffalo (4-12) – AJ Green, WR, Georgia
6. Cleveland (5-11) – Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
2. Buffalo (4-12) – Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma
4. Denver (4-12) – Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
5. Cleveland (5-11) - Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
6. Arizona (5-11) – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

Green in the first is starting to grow on me, although I still dont see it as it is one of the few positions of strength on the team. It screams luxury pick to me, but so did Spiller last year.
I would vomit if they took Beal in the second with bigger needs at ILB, OT, and TE, as well as better values available. The Bills TE's last year had 23 catches and 1 TD, the production from the position for the last decade has not been much better, and Rudolph would be a great fit and value. Wilson and Ijalana are better values IMO as well, and fill needs. Buffalo signed Merriman and Kelsey to extensions this year, had Moats make really good progress on the other side, have Batten from last years draft coming back from injury, Coleman an UDFA who impressed coming back from injury as well, Maybin (vomit) is still on the roster, and Torbor is coming back from injury as well. The pass rush last year was hurt by injury and there is too much already on the roster to clog things up IMO.

killxswitch
01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
No thanks to Nate Solder, if Carimi is gone (and one ****ing pick before the Colts) I'll take Sherrod. Ballard in the 2nd is alright.

SimonRath
01-31-2011, 09:30 AM
A. the enter button is there for a reason.
B. the Falcons draft gives me a boner.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff454/GracieGifs/0029b7bs-1.gif

Grizzlegom
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm ok with Locker to the Phins but the Wildcat is no longer going to be a major part of the gameplan here. Both our OC and QB coach are gone and, particularly the QB coach Lee, they are the ones that implemented it. I'd be surprised if it is still a major part of the offense (not saying we won't use it at all, Daboll used it in Cleveland so it will still be there, but its not going to be a big part anymore).

I'd also like to state that OLB isn't anything more than a depth need. We had a 16-game rookie starter opposite Cam Wake and while Misi was no stud, he showed well enough that I don't foresee them going out and using a high draft pick on a replacement for him just yet.

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Decent Bears Draft

jCut
01-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Denver absolutely needs talent at DT, so there is no way we can pass on Drake Nevis or Phil Taylor for Lance Kendricks. The first two picks are fine.

thebow305
01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm ok with Locker to the Phins but the Wildcat is no longer going to be a major part of the gameplan here. Both our OC and QB coach are gone and, particularly the QB coach Lee, they are the ones that implemented it. I'd be surprised if it is still a major part of the offense (not saying we won't use it at all, Daboll used it in Cleveland so it will still be there, but its not going to be a big part anymore).

I'd also like to state that OLB isn't anything more than a depth need. We had a 16-game rookie starter opposite Cam Wake and while Misi was no stud, he showed well enough that I don't foresee them going out and using a high draft pick on a replacement for him just yet.

This (.....)

prock
01-31-2011, 12:36 PM
I like Greg Little, but could you explain the second round WR to Pittsburgh for me please?

Well, I have them winning the Super Bowl, which I think means Hines Ward will retire.

prock
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM

I forgot about Koa Misi, good call.

Denver absolutely needs talent at DT, so there is no way we can pass on Drake Nevis or Phil Taylor for Lance Kendricks. The first two picks are fine.

Good point. I will keep this in mind for my next mock.

Hines
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, I have them winning the Super Bowl, which I think means Hines Ward will retire.

I agree, but Hines said that he won't retire. Also, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown have come up huge and shown real signs of growth the end of the year and playoffs. I think they could step up if Hines were to retire.

prock
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree, but Hines said that he won't retire. Also, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown have come up huge and shown real signs of growth the end of the year and playoffs. I think they could step up if Hines were to retire.

Personally, I wouldn't want to trust Sanders and Brown for number 2 and 3 wide out duties. I think that would be risky, however at the 3 and 4 I would be more comfortable. Who would you take in this situation?

Hines
01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Personally, I wouldn't want to trust Sanders and Brown for number 2 and 3 wide out duties. I think that would be risky, however at the 3 and 4 I would be more comfortable. Who would you take in this situation?

If that were the case and Hines were to retire, I'm sure they'd sign a FA WR to be the number 2, or have ARE be in that postion.

Ras-I Dowling or a DL would be cool there.

coordinator0
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Aaron Williams is pretty meh in the first, Aldon is probably a much better value (also at a position we need help at) and I prefer Jimmy Smith at CB but it seems as if you're not as high on him.

Hankerson over Young in the second doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering what we need at receiver.

Babylon
01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd say very good draft for New England but i became a non fan of Titus Young over the weekend.

Nalej
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Pats:

C.Heyward > JJ Watt. CH is the ideal 34 DE BB loves.
J.Houston, I like.
M.Cannon, OG, def a position of need. I can dig it.
T.Young, WR, not a fan of his. I think M.Leshour is good value at the bottom of rd 2

SeanTaylorRIP
01-31-2011, 03:07 PM
With you on the Prince pick value is too good but don't like the Dalton pick at all, maybe if we had a 3rd or 4th rounder but not at the top of the 2nd. Give us Phil Taylor, Wisniewski, or Torrey Smith and it would be an amazing draft.

TACKLE
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Obviously I like Hankerson but Aaron Williams is very :/

prock
01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Aaron Williams is pretty meh in the first, Aldon is probably a much better value (also at a position we need help at) and I prefer Jimmy Smith at CB but it seems as if you're not as high on him.

Hankerson over Young in the second doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering what we need at receiver.

I think cornerback is by far the Raven's biggest need. Aldon is better value though, so that would probably be the pick if I redid that.

coordinator0
01-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I think cornerback is by far the Raven's biggest need. Aldon is better value though, so that would probably be the pick if I redid that.

IMO it's a chicken or the egg argument. Some believe that our pass-rush has been abysmal the last 3ish years, which has led to our corners being exposed more than they would on a team that has a capable front seven. Others think that the corners are to be blamed entirely. I fall in with the first group, although I do think we need a guy capable of covering bigger #1 receivers on a consistent basis.

If you've seen any amount of Ravens games you can tell that we really struggle at putting pressure on opposing QBs unless Suggs or Ngata get lucky and beat their double-teams. A change in philosophy with Pagano coming in could change that, but we still lack capable guys to send at the QB anyways.

Aldon probably isn't a very realistic option for the Ravens anyways, just somebody I'd really like us to get. I have a hard time believing that Newsome and DeCosta will want a guy that has so much less experience/film than others. Williams could also fall into this category, we just don't draft underclassmen that often.