PDA

View Full Version : SRoger's Mock #2 Post Senior Bowl

SRogers92
01-31-2011, 01:05 PM
1) Carolina Panthers - AJ Green, WR, Georgia ... you don't go DT #1. If I see one more mock going Fairley #1 I will cry.

2) Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson, CB LSU ... Champ is a FA and while I think he'll be re-signed, they need someone to groom to be his replacement.

3) Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, OLB, TXAM ... He makes the most sense for a team who needs a speed rusher. Quinn is an option, but - Miller is a better player.

4) Cincinnati Bengals - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama ... feeling the pressure from Palmer to get him some help, they go with the best available playmaker on offense. Not a huge reach for Jones who is underrated.

5) Arizona Cardinals - Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina ... The Cardinals' Defense really isn't that bad ... they have a good DL, decent LBs, and a decent backfield, just no pass rush ... until now.

6) Cleveland Browns - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson ... going back to a 43 defense just got a bit easier. Shaun Rogers in the middle with Rubin and now Bowers at the DE position.

7) San Francisco 49ers - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska ... Need CB help badly and they get the 2nd best in the class in some peoples' eyes.

8) Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT Auburn ... Yes, they need a QB ... but - there's an elite defensive player left on the board ... how can you pass him up? Tennessee has some good DL but, adding Fairley just brings them back to the dominance of the Haynesworth days.

9) Dallas Cowboys - Marcel Dareus, DE, Alabama ... The Cowboys need a CB badly, but there's none left. They do the best they can to address the DL with Dareus.

10) Washington Redskins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington ... Everyone and their mom says that Shanny loves him. He's the type of stubborn coach to reach for Locker.

11) Houston Texans - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal ... with the move to the 34 defense comes the need for a 34 DE ... Jordan can play that position and also get pressure, as well.

12) Minnesota Vikings - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn ... Had enough of running QBs in Minnesota? Not yet! From Jackson to Webb and now to Newton.

13) Detroit Lions - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue ... Kerrigan needs to be moving up boards after that Senior Bowl. Lions love hard workers with great attitudes and Kerrigan will learn from one of the best in KVB.

14) St. Louis Rams - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA ... The Rams are upset both top WRs are taken. Their DL actually generated decent pressure last year, they just need more talented LBs. Ayers is the best in a weak top of the class.

15) Miami Dolphins - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri ... Miami gives Chad Henne a little kick in the ass with this pick.

16) Jacksonville Jaguars - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri ... The Jags' pass rush sucks. Smith is a premiere talent falling because of an injury last year. Good value.

17) New England Patriots - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin ... Perfect 5-tech for this defense scheme. Watt and rush and stuff the run.

18) San Diego Chargers - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin ... Best OT in this class, IMO. San Diego gets a great run blocker who can play either RT or LT.

19) New York Giants - Allen Bailey, DT, Mami ... Giants have great DE's, but generated very little from the interior. Bailey would make a phenomenal UT in the 43 scheme the Giants run.

20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL) ... Tampa needs an heir apparent to Ronde Barber who is aging.

21) Kansas City Chiefs - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State ... perfect NT to help shore up this D.

22) Indianapolis Colts - Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State ... Need OT help immediately. Sherrod is the most polished next to Castonzo with a lot more upside.

23) Philadelphia Eagles - Tyron Smith, OT USC ... Andy Reid loves drafting OL/DL and DBs ... with no elite Corners left, he goes to upgrade the OL.

24) New Orleans Saints - Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa ... stock really rising. Will give Saints immediate help next to Sed Ellis.

25) Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas ... Seattle needs a future behind Hasselbeck and Whitehurst isn't it.

26) Baltimore Ravens - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas ... Baltimore's CBs failed them in their playoff loss. Not much upside at the CB position right now.

27) Atlanta Falcons - Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh ... Perfect compliment to the speedy Roddy White.

28) New England Patriots - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College ... Seems like a BB type of guy. Smart, fundamentally sound and a good player overall. Doesn't seem to have elite upside, but -- with BB's track record he'll turn out well.

29) New York Jets - Justin Houston, OLB Georgia ... Gholston project has officially failed. The Jets need a pass rush bad.

30) Chicago Bears - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado ... Chicago needs a LOT and Martz will get his wish. He seems to love projects just to appease his ego.

31) Green Bay Packers - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama ... Starks may have looked good in the playoffs, but - so did Shonn Greene last year. They still don't know what he's all about. Ryan Grant is coming off a serious injury. Ingram is a premier talent and GB seems to always go BPA.

32) Pittsburgh Steelers - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State ... seems to be a match made in heaven. CH is a perfect fit for this hard hitting, aggressive, Pittsburgh defense.

SimonRath
01-31-2011, 01:21 PM
i love Jonathan Baldwins potential more then any receiver besides AJ Green, but i hate his attitude.. ugh

Babylon
01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Seattle

I could see Mallett there, the line will probably get him killed but hopefully by the time he gets on the field they have a healthy Okung and Unger and maybe a RT.

Washington

Like the Locker pick there (if it cant be Seattle) and i dont think it's a reach at all., Contrary to what some of the talking heads have said he did some good things in Mobile during the week and the game, needs to sit for a short spell but i think he's a good fit there.

fed36
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Think I would prefer the skins to take an OLB like Ayers in the first to pair up with Orakpo...than draft locker.

akvikefan89
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Newton is fine, I personally would prefer Gabbert, but the QBs look like a crapshoot right now anyways...

killxswitch
01-31-2011, 01:58 PM
With Carimi gone Sherrod is a good pick for the Colts. Thank you for not giving us Solder.

Nalej
01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Not a bad pats mock. I'd be content with it.
I'd prefer Heyward > Watt though
plus, an OLB is important so I'd probably take Houston over Costanzo
then take someone like Wisneiski at 33

SeanTaylorRIP
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Seattle

I could see Mallett there, the line will probably get him killed but hopefully by the time he gets on the field they have a healthy Okung and Unger and maybe a RT.

Washington

Like the Locker pick there (if it cant be Seattle) and i dont think it's a reach at all., Contrary to what some of the talking heads have said he did some good things in Mobile during the week and the game, needs to sit for a short spell but i think he's a good fit there.

He gets to sit and learn from Rex Grossman. Sounds like a recipe for success!! Locker already has major issues and a huge bust chance, the Redskins give him a small chance to succeed. We have no O-line, no receivers, and running backs. So yeah I hate the pick. At least for his sake though if he gets drafted by us since Shanny loves him he'll be our QB for no matter how long no matter how poorly he does.

SRogers92
01-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Donovan McNabb isn't gone as of now ... there's no guarantee he will be, either.

prock
01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I can dig Newton. But why can't you go DT number 1? DT is much better value than WR...

49erNation85
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Love the SF pick in round one.But will be interesting to see if we pass on Locker or not . Come on April !

Pat Sims 90
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Julio Jones is fine but idk if the Bengals would pass on Fairly or Dareus when Passrushing DT is a need

IrishBrowns
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
you're saying you don't go DT #1, but they are picked #2, 3, 4, and 5 allllll the time. Doesn't make sense to me. If you trust in his abilities enough to take him at number 2, I'm sure you would take him at #1, you're just basing that off of history maybe. but times are a changin' and a lot is about those guys in the trenches

dawhizz
01-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Martz "seems to love projects to appease his ego."

I'd love to hear the basis for this considering 1) he's the one who pushed for the Bears to add Todd Collins because he didn't trust Caleb Hanie, 2) he buried a productive young reciever in Devin Aromashodu all year in favor of Rashied Davis, 3) he overpaid for a veteran blocking TE in Brandon Manumaleuna instead of getting a younger and cheaper version in the draft or FA, 4) the J'Marcus Webb project pick last year was, if anything, a Mike Tice pick, not a Mike Martz.

Certainly Martz has an ego, and I don't have any particular problem with Solder (though I think they want to give Williams another crack at LT and are more likely to go after a RT/OG early). I just think your premise is faulty.

jrdrylie
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Defensive line is actually a pretty strong aspect of the Lions. Suh and Avril are very good young starters. Hill, Williams, and Fluellen are also pretty good. Yet I continually see defensive ends being mocked there.

Meanwhile, at linebacker, they don't really have any talent whatsoever. Yet you have them taking Kerrigan (who I think will be a solid player) over Ayers. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sniper
01-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Tyron Smith is too light to play tackle for Philly.

bucsti25
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Adrian Clayborn to Tampa please....

thebow305
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
AMAZING Phins pick!!

SickwithIt1010
02-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Tyron Smith is too light to play tackle for Philly.

he could be a perfect fit to protect Vicks blind side.

Sniper
02-01-2011, 06:36 AM
he could be a perfect fit to protect Vicks blind side.

Look at the offensive tackles in Philly under Reid. All of them are/were ******* monsters. Smith is too small.

Seasonticketholder
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
In my honest (and strongest) opinion, the Saints WOULD NOT pass on Mark Ingram for Christian Ballard. The Saints subscribe to the take the best player available strategy at a position of need. Ingram, at that point, is the best player available at a position where the Saints will look to make upgrades. I cannot see Ingram getting by New Orleans, whatsoever!

SRogers92
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Defensive line is actually a pretty strong aspect of the Lions. Suh and Avril are very good young starters. Hill, Williams, and Fluellen are also pretty good. Yet I continually see defensive ends being mocked there.

Meanwhile, at linebacker, they don't really have any talent whatsoever. Yet you have them taking Kerrigan (who I think will be a solid player) over Ayers. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm a huge Lions fan ... I know our needs/stengths, etc ... our drafting style is always BPA and Schwartz loves talented DL, especially DEs ... none of our DEs ever had done crap until Suh and Corey Williams got there ... we need standouts at the DE position ... not just DEs that can beat single blocking some times - a playmaker is what is needed.

You will never convince me taking a DT at #1 is a smart idea ... ever. ESPECIALLY over an AJ Green ... AJ Green will make more of an impact over a DT any day ...

There have been 3 DTs taken #1 overall in history ... and only one of those ever panned out worth a damn ... defensive line translation is very hard to predict, particularly with a player with only one year of production and supposedly has "character concerns". That isn't exactly someone I'd ever see being taken at the top spot ... unless Fairley goes to the combine and does 40 bench reps, looks amazing in positional drills, and interviews amazingly, I do not think he'll go over a stud playmaker like Green. Did you see Carolina's offense last year? They need a playmaker and they have essentially another full year to see what they have in Clausen - may as well surround him with a good WR.

crites09
02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Julio is interesting... Dunno if they pass on Fairley tho

NGSeiler
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Good Rams pick, given the situation.

RufusMcDaniel
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
8) Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT Auburn ... Yes, they need a QB ... but - there's an elite defensive player left on the board ... how can you pass him up? Tennessee has some good DL but, adding Fairley just brings them back to the dominance of the Haynesworth days.

http://www.motleycrow.com/imagehost/fap.gif