wonderbredd24
01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.pigskinheaven.com/draft/mockdb.php?do=view&draftid=14

prock
01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
I dig this Vikings mock.

TheSlinger
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
I find it very hard to imagine the Jaguars drafting an underclassman wide receiver at #16. My default at that pick is Kerrigan and if he's gone then Jimmy Smith.

Edit: 2nd and 3rd round picks are reasonable though.

TheFinisher
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
First 2 Rounds for the Cowboys are most excellent. I'm personally not as high on Prince as most, but I think he's one of the few picks at 9 that makes sense for us. Cannon would be a Godsend in Round 2.

Round 3 I can see why you gave us Ballard but I have a hunch that Jay Ratliff will kick out to End in Rob's scheme, we're gonna need a big body in the middle so I think pretty soon everyone will be mocking NTs to us instead of 5-Techs.

Very solid job overall. +rep

Nalej
01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Give the Pats A.Smith > Ayers and I'd love it

Nice job on the mock overall

wonderbredd24
01-31-2011, 08:36 PM
At what point do the Jaguars consider Julio Jones too good to pass up? I am sympathetic to the fears that he'll be Reggie Williams. It would not surprise me in the least for them to go for a franchise defensive end there, but like I said... might be too good to pass up.

You make a good point about nose tackle, but have they actually talked about moving Ratliff outside? I understand the thought process there, but if it ain't broke, do they want to fix it?

The Patriots pick was not easy... like I said, they may want to trade out of that pick there. They don't typically like underclassmen, which hurts both of these guys, but Bill Belichick loves versatility so I gave Ayers the edge.

Like the look of the mock? Use the database to make your own. Very easy to use and free. Allows you to save it... beats using microsoft word, notepad, or excel.

bucsti25
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Terrible bucs 1st rounder. JJ Watt is bigger then McCoy...we need a REAL DE..

Clayborn in the first would be ALOT better

49erNation85
01-31-2011, 09:09 PM
I freaking hate the 49ers first round pick with evil deeds .Gabbert is NOT a first round pick .Being hyped up way too much .If Amukamara,Quinn or Locker is there at 7 those are who we take.Just ugh at that first pick.But the other 2 picks are nice .Nice try .

xpmar9x
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Bowers to the Titans would be awesome.

I'd like Stefen W as our 2nd rounder, but I think if Mallett is there in the 2nd, we take him (sadly).

As for our 3rrd round we'd take DeAndre McDaniel over Stanzi (if we took Mallett).

That'd be a heck of a draft. Bowers, Mallett, McDaniel :)

GB12
01-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Don't like Beal that high. I'd rather have Carimi. The other two are fine.

diabsoule
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow. I actually REALLY like this Saints mock.

TheFinisher
01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
You make a good point about nose tackle, but have they actually talked about moving Ratliff outside? I understand the thought process there, but if it ain't broke, do they want to fix it?

It comes up every year, mostly due to fan and media speculation over anything else IMO, although I think this year it has to happen. Ratliff is the total opposite of a 2-Gap Nose and it makes zero sense to keep him there if Rob wants to implement his system. Jay just can't handle double teams.

Rob's been laying low since he came aboard though. No announcements about future plans yet.

bullg8rdaddy
01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Pure butt secks!!!!

+ rep

Seasonticketholder
01-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow. I actually REALLY like this Saints mock.

I must admit, I cannot complain about that draft at all.

wonderbredd24
01-31-2011, 09:40 PM
It comes up every year, mostly due to fan and media speculation over anything else IMO, although I think this year it has to happen. Ratliff is the total opposite of a 2-Gap Nose and it makes zero sense to keep him there if Rob wants to implement his system. Jay just can't handle double teams.

Rob's been laying low since he came aboard though. No announcements about future plans yet.
I agree. Ratliff is not a 2-gap nose tackle. The question is whether or not Rob Ryan cares. I have never gotten the impression he is stuck with doing anything one particular way. 4-3, 3-4, 1-gap, 2-gap, he's going to come after the quarterback. If they want to move to a 2-gap system, they need to make the move at the nose. If they are content with a 1-gap, Ratliff is great at it.

I am probably higher on Jeremy Beal than most... he just looks so comfortable as a linebacker and makes plays. He also has a tremendous attitude for the game.

Meh... we'll see what happens with Gabbert and Locker. I could've easily had Locker at 6 and Gabbert at 10.

SilentJaguar
01-31-2011, 09:41 PM
If Julio had somehow dropped to the Jags, I'd probably wet myself.

TheFinisher
01-31-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree. Ratliff is not a 2-gap nose tackle. The question is whether or not Rob Ryan cares. I have never gotten the impression he is stuck with doing anything one particular way. 4-3, 3-4, 1-gap, 2-gap, he's going to come after the quarterback. If they want to move to a 2-gap system, they need to make the move at the nose. If they are content with a 1-gap, Ratliff is great at it.

Heck, he could run the 3-5 Stack for all I care as long as our defense cuts down on the points allowed.

Cowboys fans are in limbo right now trying to guess what our needs are in the Front 7, I wish he'd just come out and tell us what the plan is.

Anyway, Ballard was a solid choice lol.

Pat Sims 90
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I can live with the Bengals draft but LG is bigger need then C

jCut
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Not bad for Denver.

Brown Leader
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Dareus would be a safe pick but I see him ending up more a solid guy than anything spectacular-not a terrible choice but I'd rather us gamble for a bigger payoff. Carimi in the second is serious wishful thinking-Cannon might be more of a target there if we're looking RT. Romeus? eh, I'd rather not-Little has got to be the guy there-almost prototype WCO WR.

RufusMcDaniel
01-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Really like the Titans draft...Dalton should be considered with Stanzi but his patriotism is probably better than big red.

Babylon
01-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Seattle

Great value i think with Clayborn.

thebow305
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
That would be a great Phins draft! Nice work!

holt_bruce81
02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I'd love that draft for the Rams.

AntoinCD
02-01-2011, 02:32 AM
I really dont like the Ayers pick and would really prefer Smith or Houston. The next three picks are very good. I understand the thought in giving the Pats Thomas but based on value I would jump all over Brooks Reed in the middle of the third. They have shown before they will take one position multiple times in the draft if the need is there along with the value. The last pick is not bad but I would prefer Marcus Gilbert to Fusco as interior line has been addressed and Gilbert is likely to grade out higher than Fusco. Plus he has that Florida connection. Although I wouldn't mind Fusco there if we swapped Carimi with Ijalana.

A draft of

Aldon Smith
Cameron Heyward
Ben Ijalana/Stefan Wisniewski
Leonard Hankerson
Brooks Reed
Marcus Gilbert

Now that would be a beautiful draft

Abaddon
02-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Mallett to Oakland? Seriously?

Razor
02-01-2011, 05:07 AM
I really dont like the Ayers pick and would really prefer Smith or Houston. The next three picks are very good. I understand the thought in giving the Pats Thomas but based on value I would jump all over Brooks Reed in the middle of the third. They have shown before they will take one position multiple times in the draft if the need is there along with the value. The last pick is not bad but I would prefer Marcus Gilbert to Fusco as interior line has been addressed and Gilbert is likely to grade out higher than Fusco. Plus he has that Florida connection. Although I wouldn't mind Fusco there if we swapped Carimi with Ijalana.

A draft of

Aldon Smith
Cameron Heyward
Ben Ijalana/Stefan Wisniewski
Leonard Hankerson
Brooks Reed
Marcus Gilbert

Now that would be a beautiful draft

I was about to post something similar. Very good job of adressing needs though, but some of the players aren't great fits in NE.

the_dark_knight
02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I am not happy with the Falcons draft, I'm not 'unhappy' but I just hope it doesn't play out like this on draft week/end. It would really put a damper on my hopes for next season.

Jakey
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Im definitely feeling that Steelers mock!

Menardo75
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Eh not Crazy about Gabbert for the niners I think Amukamara would be a better pick. Love Brooks Reed in the third round.

onejayhawk
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I would love to see the Chiefs get Baldwin and Taylor. However, the order would have to reverse.

J

george_allen
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
for the rams:
julio jones in the 1st
bruce carter in the 2nd
and
orlando franklin or kendrick ellis in the 3rd

Abaddon
02-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Make that Moffitt & Franklin for Oakland, and that would be pretty much what the offense needs.

wonderbredd24
02-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Mallett to Oakland? Seriously?
If he's there, is there anyway Skeletor doesn't take him?

Moffitt and Franklin would be great for Oakland, but Al Davis is Al Davis