PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

bearsfan_51
07-28-2011, 05:23 PM
McDonald went soft almost a day after Ohio State offered, and he grew up an Ohio State fan. It's us or them.

I'm not sure why he's even including Iowa in the discussion. He had an Iowa offer before he had a Minnesota offer, and never seemed to care. I'd put their chances at less than 5%.

But who knows, high school kids are stupid.

BigJohn98
07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Andrus Peat puts FSU in his top 3 along with Texas and Nebraska, and called his visit to FSU his best visit so far.

:)

iowatreat54
07-28-2011, 09:45 PM
McDonald went soft almost a day after Ohio State offered, and he grew up an Ohio State fan. It's us or them.

I'm not sure why he's even including Iowa in the discussion. He had an Iowa offer before he had a Minnesota offer, and never seemed to care. I'd put their chances at less than 5%.

But who knows, high school kids are stupid.

Yea, that's what I don't get. Maybe he just felt "stupid" for not taking all his visits or something, but why all of a sudden does he up and want to visit Iowa? Meh, whatever. Hopefully we can keep Darboh in state, but probably not.

hawkeye123
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Andrus Peat puts FSU in his top 3 along with Texas and Nebraska, and called his visit to FSU his best visit so far.

I thought he was high on Notre Dame?

BigJohn98
07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
He has ND in there as well.

iowatreat54
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
He has ND in there as well.

So his top 3 consists of ND, FSU, Texas, and Nebraska?

Are we sure this kid is going to qualify for college? :)

draftguru151
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
DB Will Redmond is deciding Monday between Miss State and Tenn. He down down to UNC and Miami a few days ago lol.

CashmoneyDrew
07-29-2011, 08:34 PM
His sister apparently goes to UT so I'm hoping we've got him in the bag.

He and D.J. Humphries would be a nice week for us. ;)

M.O.T.H.
07-30-2011, 01:23 AM
South Carolina is doing an exceptional job...I just hope to see us land some prominent QB and LB prospects sometime soon, though.

SCAR got a verbal committment from 4 star LB Kaiwan Lewis. Another NJ product, South Carolina is really doing a fine job in that NJ/PA area as of late. At 230 and growing, he adds some nice size to what has been a small SCAR LB corps. I'm excited.

We also signed 6'4 320 lb, 4 star OL, Joe Harris, as well.

South Carolina is cleaning up this year. Loooooooooove it. They're looking at at top 10 class this year.

Some good news coming in the wake of G.A. Mangus' arrest.

BigJohn98
07-30-2011, 09:08 AM
So his top 3 consists of ND, FSU, Texas, and Nebraska?

Are we sure this kid is going to qualify for college? :)

He said his top three was FSU, Texas, and Nebraska with ND trying to slide their way in there. I guess I should have worded it better hah.

bearsfan_51
07-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Jonah Pirsig next.
V3y3QoFnqZc

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18585390?nclick_check=1

Jonah also had offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Miami (Fl), Auburn, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa State.

Man beast.

Giantsfan1080
07-30-2011, 01:32 PM
SCAR got a verbal committment from 4 star LB Kaiwan Lewis. Another NJ product, South Carolina is really doing a fine job in that NJ/PA area as of late. At 230 and growing, he adds some nice size to what has been a small SCAR LB corps. I'm excited.

We also signed 6'4 320 lb, 4 star OL, Joe Harris, as well.

South Carolina is cleaning up this year. Loooooooooove it. They're looking at at top 10 class this year.

Some good news coming in the wake of G.A. Mangus' arrest.

That's a really nice pickup. You are also in on Shumate who is a top 10 NJ product.

proshoota25
07-30-2011, 02:24 PM
humphries decision coming aug 5..... everything ive read is that he will chose UT because its only a 4 hour drive, with multiple visits and such. if this is the case, its a big blow... a guy always considered to be a huge UF lean... damn

srv fan
07-31-2011, 03:40 PM
4 star OH DE Chris Wormley to Michigan. This has been expected for a while, but still a good get - Wormley has an incredibly high ceiling.

srv fan
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
http://twitpic.com/5yyqt9/full

Pic of some Michigan recruits at the Big House BBQ today. From left to right, not including the ginger: Kyle Kalis, Tom Strobel, Shane Morris, Chris Wormley, Ben Braden, Allen Gant in front.

iowatreat54
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
OSU guys: is Alex Kozan ever going to be offered you think? He's basically said Iowa is leading until OSU offers, so just wondering if you guys have read anything.

draftguru151
08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Chris Black is announcing Friday between Bama and FSU, looking good for Bama lately.

hawkeye123
08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Arizona State picks up 4* Evan Goodman from FL.

He had offered offers from Auburn, Notre Dame, Florida, and Florida State.

bullg8rdaddy
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Damn. Good pick up for ASU.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
dj humphries will almost certainly commit to florida on the 5th. i was wrong about any ut hype

proshoota25
08-02-2011, 04:08 PM
dj humphries will almost certainly commit to florida on the 5th. i was wrong about any ut hype

source(s)?

sbh15
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
source(s)?

just from a gator forum. most of the guys who post have scout/rivals subscriptions, and a couple claim to have sources and they tend to be right more often than not. they say a lot of the UT hype was just from the visits, but humphries' decision has been a very poorly kept secret (UF)

proshoota25
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
just from a gator forum. most of the guys who post have scout/rivals subscriptions, and a couple claim to have sources and they tend to be right more often than not. they say a lot of the UT hype was just from the visits, but humphries' decision has been a very poorly kept secret (UF)

sweet. thats a huge signing for us then. him blocking for driskell/brissett is gunna be awesome

MassNole
08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Chris Black is announcing Friday between Bama and FSU, looking good for Bama lately.

I'll trade a 5* QB for a 4* WR any day as #1 QB Jameis Winston is expected to commit to FSU tomorrow. Just hoping it isn't Joe Mauer 2.0.

BPhilb
08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I'll trade a 5* QB for a 4* WR any day as #1 QB Jameis Winston is expected to commit to FSU tomorrow. Just hoping it isn't Joe Mauer 2.0.

Just a matter of who pays the most.

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Hines what did you hear on your end about Carroo's visit? Everyone had him as a heavy Rutgers lean but the PSU visit caught a lot of people by surpise. I still think he ends up with us on Saturday but still curious.

Hines
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Hines what did you hear on your end about Carroo's visit? Everyone had him as a heavy Rutgers lean but the PSU visit caught a lot of people by surpise. I still think he ends up with us on Saturday but still curious.

Haven't seen an update on him though. From what I have read, he will have PSU in his final 5.

sbh15
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM

the decision was never black OR winston, though. it was black and winston or just winston.

iowatreat54
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
4* Simeon HS, IL OT Jordan Diamond just visited Iowa this weekend.

Last night/this morning, 3* Simeon HS, IL QB/ATH Robert Gregory received a scholarship offer from Iowa.

Our only QB offer was to Kiel, and Ferentz likes to take 1 QB per class. Looks like that spot is now Gregory's if he wants it and is intent on playing QB.

Also, 4* MN WR Andre McDonald has decommited from Minnesota and is looking at OSU, Iowa, and Vanderbilt.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Gregory was also recently offered by Arkansas. He was looking very much like a Minnesota commit (to play receiver or DB since we already have two QBs in this class), not sure now.

I think we're still the favorites for McDonald based on his comments and others, but if not I'm still pretty sure he's a Buckeye, it's the whole reason he decommitted in the first place, because he grew up a Buckeye fan.

iowatreat54
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Gregory was also recently offered by Arkansas. He was looking very much like a Minnesota commit (to play receiver or DB since we already have two QBs in this class), not sure now.

I think we're still the favorites for McDonald based on his comments and others, but if not I'm still pretty sure he's a Buckeye, it's the whole reason he decommitted in the first place, because he grew up a Buckeye fan.

Yup, I just read this morning that it is believed that Arkansas is his leader. I also read that he wants to wait until after his senior year to decide, whereas Diamond has said he will choose soon. So it looks like it doesn't matter that we offered anyway.

I agree on McDonald. I feel like he's going to wait and OSU will eventually offer. But hopefully we can keep Darboh instate and it all becomes moot.

How's it looking for Will Johnson? Not much has been said about him and Iowa in a while, and just reading some stuff is he might be leaning toward Minnesota now. He's a big kid and would be a great addition at either TE or OT.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2011, 04:10 PM
OSU already offered. That's why he decommitted, so he could check them out.

I think Minnesota is favored for Johnson, but he also really likes Ole Miss (position coach or something). I think the lack of job security for Houston Nutt will keep him from going there, but I dunno. I'm surprised Auburn hasn't garnered more favor since he was born in the South.

I also don't think Johnson could add the frame for him to play tackle. Wisconsin asked him if he wanted an offer to play tackle and he said no.

sbh15
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Jameis Winston to FSU is official

BigJohn98
08-03-2011, 05:29 PM
The Jimbo Fisher express keeps on chuggin'. Get on the train or get run over by it.

Chooo chooo!

MassNole
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
And we reportedly lead for Eddie Goldman, who will be making at least one more trip to FSU and bonded with Mario Edwards Jr.

BigJohn98
08-03-2011, 08:51 PM
And we reportedly lead for Eddie Goldman, who will be making at least one more trip to FSU and bonded with Mario Edwards Jr.

He also bonded with Justin Shanks a lot as well. Goldman said that he wants to play with Shanks in college.

dannyz
08-03-2011, 08:58 PM
He also bonded with Justin Shanks a lot as well. Goldman said that he wants to play with Shanks in college.

Florida State is looking a lot like the Philadelphia Eagles in College. Just getting all this talent is Crazy.

sbh15
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
rumors that de leonard williams could commit to fsu very soon. which would suck, except it could very likely be the last straw in fowler sr.'s relationship with fsu. obviously that would mean junior is back on the market

mat33
08-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Sheldon Day to Notre Dame, pretty solid pick up

bullg8rdaddy
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Bolingbrook, IL LB Tank Morrison to UF, allegedly. (per his HS facebook)

Squatting 600lbs. FREAK! LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jj1oDE5g0c)

Per GatorCountry LINK (http://www.gatorcountry.com/football_recruiting/article/lb_antonio_morrison_commits_to_florida_gators/11897)

sbh15
08-04-2011, 12:00 AM
dj humphries will commit friday, jordan jenkins should not too long after. good little run for UF. i'm excited to see what muschamp gets from these guys, because he's clearly going after some under the radar(ish) guys that he must see something special in.

critesy
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
OSU already offered. That's why he decommitted, so he could check them out.

I think Minnesota is favored for Johnson, but he also really likes Ole Miss (position coach or something). I think the lack of job security for Houston Nutt will keep him from going there, but I dunno. I'm surprised Auburn hasn't garnered more favor since he was born in the South.

I also don't think Johnson could add the frame for him to play tackle. Wisconsin asked him if he wanted an offer to play tackle and he said no.

auburn was hot after him until they picked up a commit from te ricky parks. now theyre done at the position.

bullg8rdaddy
08-04-2011, 01:06 AM
dj humphries will commit friday, jordan jenkins should not too long after. good little run for UF. i'm excited to see what muschamp gets from these guys, because he's clearly going after some under the radar(ish) guys that he must see something special in.

I expect this kid to get a decent bump. He reportedly had alot of Major programs offer. So we shall see how long he stays under the radar. :)

Dunker and Humpries would be so sexy as bookends.

MassNole
08-04-2011, 06:43 AM
rumors that de leonard williams could commit to fsu very soon. which would suck, except it could very likely be the last straw in fowler sr.'s relationship with fsu. obviously that would mean junior is back on the market

Why do you assume the Fowlers don't know FSU is recruiting this kid? You can keep hoping but Dante is all Nole.

sbh15
08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Why do you assume the Fowlers don't know FSU is recruiting this kid? You can keep hoping but Dante is all Nole.

i'm sure they know, but dante fowler sr. was told that his son was the only de they'd take. i'm just telling you that there's a good chance **** hits the fan if leonard williams commits to you guys. btw, i don't even know if fowler would go to uf in this scenario. but if the info is right (and this comes from an fsu guy), he definitely will not be a nole.

iowatreat54
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Bolingbrook, IL LB Tank Morrison to UF, allegedly. (per his HS facebook)

Squatting 600lbs. FREAK! LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jj1oDE5g0c)

Per GatorCountry LINK (http://www.gatorcountry.com/football_recruiting/article/lb_antonio_morrison_commits_to_florida_gators/11897)

Hopefully he turns out better than the last great Bolingbrook LB...

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/bonecrusher-kyl.html

No but seriously, great pickup. Kid is definitely a freak.

BrettFavresMember
08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I think Kill is going to have win quite a few games to keep those kids.

Iowa has a shot for a great class, mostly Illinois kids.

iowatreat54
08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-notre-dame-pulls-offer-for-states-top-football-player-20110804,0,5677877.story

ND and Michigan pull their offers from top IL prospect DT Tommy Schutt. It sounds like they were his top 2. Now, he's "going back to square one."

Hopefully he reconsiders Iowa this time and talks to former teammate Jordan Walsh. But I thought I read he was pretty high on PSU the first time around as well.

Hines
08-05-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-notre-dame-pulls-offer-for-states-top-football-player-20110804,0,5677877.story

ND and Michigan pull their offers from top IL prospect DT Tommy Schutt. It sounds like they were his top 2. Now, he's "going back to square one."

Hopefully he reconsiders Iowa this time and talks to former teammate Jordan Walsh. But I thought I read he was pretty high on PSU the first time around as well.

Yeah I wouldn't mind it if he considers PSU again. Add him and Jaron Jones again and I'd be happy. Sprinkle in Noah Spence and I'd have boners for days.

bearsfan_51
08-05-2011, 10:17 AM
That's really surprising. I know that Michigan has 22 commits already, but Schutt seems like a kid you'd make room for, especially considering they only have one DT commit.

I'm guessing the Sheldon Day commit took Notre Dame out of it, but that still seems a bit foolish.

bearsfan_51
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind it if he considers PSU again. Add him and Jaron Jones again and I'd be happy. Sprinkle in Noah Spence and I'd have boners for days.
Aren't you like 14? I had boners at 14 thinking about Aunt Jemima.

bearsfan_51
08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
By the by, I still don't think Iowa has much of a chance. If it's not Penn State (and I think it will be), I'd still rank Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Northwestern ahead of Iowa.

Hines
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Aren't you like 14? I had boners at 14 thinking about Aunt Jemima.

I'll be 22 in November....

bearsfan_51
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Haha...awesome.

Giantsfan1080
08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Haven't seen an update on him though. From what I have read, he will have PSU in his final 5.

Carroo's final 4 are California, Michigan, Penn State, and Rutgers. He'll be announcing on Saturday night. Big get for Rutgers if it goes our way especially since Hamilton, Shumate, and Wright are all discussing about playing together at college.

iowatreat54
08-05-2011, 02:02 PM
By the by, I still don't think Iowa has much of a chance. If it's not Penn State (and I think it will be), I'd still rank Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Northwestern ahead of Iowa.

Oh absolutely...I don't think we have any shot realistically unless some current IL guys really get on him. But the main thing is we still have a better shot at him than Illinois, which pleases me.

Oh well.

Iowa also just got a verbal from 2* Cass Tech LB Laron Taylor. 3* Cass Tech WR Ruben Lile shouldn't be too far behind. Basically beat out Cincinnati and the MAC for them. And Wisconsin if Lile chooses Iowa as predicted.

draftguru151
08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Chris Black to Bama.

CashmoneyDrew
08-05-2011, 03:49 PM
4* Texas linebacker Dalton Santos commits to Tennessee. I was surprised he picked us over TAMU. Should take the sting out of D.J. Humphries going Gata tonight.

proshoota25
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Chris Black to Bama.

wow thats very surprising. most people thought he had an FSU lean, and accelerated the process cuz Jameis committed the other day.

very interesting

bullg8rdaddy
08-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Five star OT from NC, D.J. Humphries is a Gator.

proshoota25
08-05-2011, 09:15 PM

the humphries edition raises the gators up to #3 in the ESPN team rankings

Hines
08-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Carroo's final 4 are California, Michigan, Penn State, and Rutgers. He'll be announcing on Saturday night. Big get for Rutgers if it goes our way especially since Hamilton, Shumate, and Wright are all discussing about playing together at college.

He picked Rutgers.

Hurricanes25
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
He picked Rutgers.

That's huge for Rutgers. Hopefully his HS teammates follow him now.

sbh15
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
noor davis is on the uf campus right now

proshoota25
08-07-2011, 12:17 AM
noor davis is on the uf campus right now

how strong of a commitment to Stanford does he have? he would be a great get if we can switch his pledge

bullg8rdaddy
08-07-2011, 01:10 AM
One of the Insiders from scout, debunked Noor being on campus.

/shrugs

sbh15
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
how strong of a commitment to Stanford does he have? he would be a great get if we can switch his pledge

i heard it was only because his parents want him to take all of his visits. so probably pretty firm. but once a kid visits, you never know.

One of the Insiders from scout, debunked Noor being on campus.

/shrugs

well that poo-poo's that :/

Giantsfan1080
08-07-2011, 01:54 PM
He picked Rutgers.

Yup!!! It's pretty incredible how we are getting all the jersey kids to finally stay home.

dannyz
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Yup!!! It's pretty incredible how we are getting all the jersey kids to finally stay home.

How do you feel about Rutgers chances with the Don Bosco Kids?

M.O.T.H.
08-08-2011, 02:40 AM

It's about time...living in Jersey for so long, I was rooting for Rutgers to get their own. A closet fan of sorts.

That said, I'm excited that South Carolina is seeing so much recruiting success in the area. Tons of talent in the NJ/PA area.

RUSF18
08-08-2011, 07:40 AM
How do you feel about Rutgers chances with the Don Bosco Kids?

The consensus seems to be...very good with Hamilton, good with Shumate, and about average with Wright. He seems to be the one more on the outside in terms of wanting to play with the rest of them, but some more momentum coming off the Carroo commitment could boost that up.

Giantsfan1080
08-08-2011, 07:44 AM
The consensus seems to be...very good with Hamilton, good with Shumate, and about average with Wright. He seems to be the one more on the outside in terms of wanting to play with the rest of them, but some more momentum coming off the Carroo commitment could boost that up.

Yeah this is spot on. The Carroo committment also is going to pave the way for Devin Fuller to come also even though I'm not sure where he'll fit with us. He isn't a good fit now that we're going back to a pro style offense but if he wants to come they'll find room for him anywhere. Not many athletes like him.

Giantsfan1080
08-08-2011, 07:46 AM
It's about time...living in Jersey for so long, I was rooting for Rutgers to get their own. A closet fan of sorts.

That said, I'm excited that South Carolina is seeing so much recruiting success in the area. Tons of talent in the NJ/PA area.

It's taken 10 years but it is starting to happen. The players now speak of Rutgers as a place where they know everything is in place to win more than the past. They actually sound proud to go there and stay in state where in the past ND, BC, Miami, and so forth were the obvious choices to go if you were any good. All these Hs'ers are all friends also and they speak of how they want to make Rutgers a big time college program and right now they're backing it up by committing. The pieces are in place so this is definitely a big spring board year for the program again.

Hines
08-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Euguene Lewis is visiting PSU tomorrow and there are strong rumors that he's going to commit on his visit. I hope so.

Hines
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Schutt commits to Penn State.

Hines
08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
PSU had a nice haul today in Eugene Lewis and Tommy Schutt. Friday Armanti Reeves should commit to them as well.

sbh15
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
tracy howard is now a battle between fsu and miami. the noles may even have the lead

BigJohn98
08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
tracy howard is now a battle between fsu and miami. the noles may even have the lead

I saw today that he was a UF/FSU battle with FSU leading. His mom apparently likes UF a lot.

sbh15
08-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I saw today that he was a UF/FSU battle with FSU leading. His mom apparently likes UF a lot.

well i've been reading that uf is all but out of it. his mom definitely loves uf, but for some reason they've fallen out of favor. so looks like he's all fsu's for now. :/

bullg8rdaddy
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
*Darth Vader voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hines
08-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Armanti Reeves to PSU official. Damn that's three top guys in the past few days for them. Nice.

ToldLikeItIs
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Andre McDonald has Iowa as his leader.

iowatreat54
08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
He's a Buckeye as soon as he visits I would guess.

Would love to get him though.

bearsfan_51
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Andre McDonald has Iowa as his leader.
Just like Jonah Pirsig was committing to Iowa huh?

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Just like Jonah Pirsig was committing to Iowa huh?

Well he did say it himself so it's not conjecture.

"The visit was really helpful and made me a lot more interested in Iowa. I got all of my questions answered and really liked everything they showed me," McDonald said. "Right now, I would say Iowa is at the top of my list."

bearsfan_51
08-12-2011, 05:11 PM
He also said he was impressed by Iowa's track record of sending receivers to the NFL, so clearly they gave him some drugs on the trip that infected his mind. Iowa is good at infecting their players.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2011, 05:16 PM
He also said he was impressed by Iowa's track record of sending receivers to the NFL, so clearly they gave him some drugs on the trip that infected his mind. Iowa is good at infecting their players.

Yeah this is very true considering Iowa has a grand total of 0 Wr's in the NFL right now. Kid really did his homework on that one.

ToldLikeItIs
08-13-2011, 12:02 AM
We have 1, Trey Stross.

McDonald was talking about Soup Cambpell, our WR coach, who happens to be the most prolific WR coach in college football. He's put 11 WR's into the league.

DJK would have made it, and McNutt will be a 2nd rounder at worst.

ToldLikeItIs
08-13-2011, 12:02 AM
He'll be a Hawk. Sorry BearsFan. I'm cool with taking the top player in Minnesota.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
You're always wrong, so I'll never give any credence to anything you say, but even if your **** sticks to the wall this time, it still won't matter because wide receivers are glorified blockers at Iowa.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Also, Marvin McNutt is a mid to late round prospect. He'll be slow as ****, just like most Iowa skill players.

...I don't know why I ******* argue with you.

Hurricanes25
08-13-2011, 12:08 AM
We have 1, Trey Stross.

McDonald was talking about Soup Cambpell, our WR coach, who happens to be the most prolific WR coach in college football. He's put 11 WR's into the league.

DJK would have made it, and McNutt will be a 2nd rounder at worst.

But...
WeYsTmIzjkw&ob=av3e

ToldLikeItIs
08-13-2011, 02:02 PM
McNutt is very pro ready, stands 6'4 220, runs a low 4.5, has huge hands, and is the owner of a 41" vertical.

He's our most pro ready prospect this year outside of Riley Reiff.

DJK would have made it, he was projected as a 3rd rounder before he decided to do his best Pablo Escobar impression.

I know you're mad about McDonald, but he's a Hawk.

sbh15
08-15-2011, 02:11 AM
3* cb chris bivins (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Bivins-116358) will be at uf practice tomorrow

BigJohn98
08-15-2011, 06:25 AM
well i've been reading that uf is all but out of it. his mom definitely loves uf, but for some reason they've fallen out of favor. so looks like he's all fsu's for now. :/

Well if it is a battle between Miami and FSU, we easily beat them for Howard. Golden only goes after 3 stars.

draftguru151
08-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Except we have the best player in the state.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqelhxpUo1qazj8i.png

Seriously though I still feel fairly good about Howard, a lot of stuff in our favor there.

BigJohn98
08-15-2011, 08:15 AM
You guys got Nelson Agholor? When did that happen?

;)

CashmoneyDrew
08-15-2011, 10:06 AM
4* D.C. cornerback Kenneth Crawley commits to UT.

sbh15
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
uf is shifting its focus for the last te spot in the class from kent taylor to sean culkin. apparently culkin showed out at fnl and the staff has been on him since

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Just stay away from Hamilton since you'll be our biggest competition for him.

Hines
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
uf is shifting its focus for the last te spot in the class from kent taylor to sean culkin. apparently culkin showed out at fnl and the staff has been on him since

You stay away from Kent Taylor!!! You already have Colin Thompson!!

wicket
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
McNutt is very pro ready, stands 6'4 220, runs a low 4.5, has huge hands, and is the owner of a 41" vertical.

id be very suprised if he lives up to any of the mentioned measurables

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Although told is usually wrong and full of ****, the size and vertical might be true. 40 is closer to 4.6.

But truthfully, a 41" vertical isn't going to really impress anyone. There are guys at 6'0 who can do that.

There's nothing special at all about McNutt, which is why he's a 4-7 round guy. Maybe he has a great senior year.

CashmoneyDrew
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
4* Texas safety LaDarrell McNeil commits to the Vols.

TitanHope
08-15-2011, 07:57 PM
4* D.C. cornerback Kenneth Crawley commits to UT.

4* Texas safety LaDarrell McNeil commits to the Vols.

These make me moist.

CashmoneyDrew
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
These make me moist.

Yup. Hopefully Croom joins them on Thursday. :)

etk
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
And VolNation was so close to full meltdown mode just a month ago...

CashmoneyDrew
08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Dude, Volnation is on meltdown alert 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time they think their **** doesn't stink and everything is roses.

It's great entertainment.

VUBlacknGold
08-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Vandy vandy vandy vandy vandy vandy vandy vandy. :( we gettin cold right now, only got a Kicker and and ath. Anyone know who were targeting right now? I want something better than espn or rivals

holt_bruce81
08-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Any News on Dorial Green-Beckham? When do you guys think he'll make a decision? I'm hearing......Arkansas, Oklahoma and Mizzou are his top three.

BPhilb
08-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Any News on Dorial Green-Beckham? When do you guys think he'll make a decision? I'm hearing......Arkansas, Oklahoma and Mizzou are his top three.

I'm going to say he is a Mizzou lock. My source is 100% homerism.

I keep hearing that it's an MU and OK battle with Texas and maybe Alabama lingering. They have done a great job of keeping his recruitment under wraps.

CashmoneyDrew
08-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I keep hearing he visits Arky a lot.

draftguru151
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Jason Croom to Tenn.

Giantsfan1080
08-18-2011, 02:21 PM
You think any recruits are going to walk because of the scandal?

bearsfan_51
08-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Of course they are. Recruits (and active players) walked on USC, and USC isn't in half the **** Miami is.

draftguru151
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Depends on what the sanctions are, almost all the commits have already said they're staying, but Kirby and Jelani Hamilton were fairly shaky. Unless they literally shut down the program Duke Johnson isn't going anywhere though.

sbh15
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
i seem to remember kirby having uf out front until miami came calling... wonder if we'd take him

703SKINS202
08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I've heard Reggie Northup is reconsidering, would love to have him if he does.

MassNole
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
i seem to remember kirby having uf out front until miami came calling... wonder if we'd take him

Did he even have a committable offer?

draftguru151
08-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Eddie Goldman's top 7 are Auburn, Alabama, FSU, Cal, Clemson, Miami and Maryland.

From twitter.

BigJohn98
08-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Goldman will look good playing along side of Mario Edwards, Dante Fowler, Chris Casher, Justin Shanks...

hawkeye123
08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Why does Neal Burcham have no offers?

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Why does Neal Burcham have no offers?

Central Arkansas doesn't count?

Hines
08-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Jersey S DJ Singleton to Wisky.

MassNole
08-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Goldman will look good playing along side of Mario Edwards, Dante Fowler, Chris Casher, Justin Shanks...

Just think of this DL

SDE - Mario Edwards Jr.
DT - Eddie Goldman
NG - Timmy Jernigan
WDE - Chris Casher, Dante Fowler

That is a 20* DL.

proshoota25
08-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Just think of this DL

SDE - Mario Edwards Jr.
DT - Eddie Goldman
NG - Timmy Jernigan
WDE - Chris Casher, Dante Fowler

That is a 20* DL.

not gunna lie, thats just a scary thought as a gators fan

sbh15
08-21-2011, 11:34 PM
gators making moves on 4* dt jordan watkins from georgia. i can def. see him in this class atm

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like Yuri Wright is down to Rutgers and Cal as his top 2 teams. Unfortunatly he won't be making a decision until the Army game.

draftguru151
08-23-2011, 09:13 PM
gators making moves on 4* dt jordan watkins from georgia. i can def. see him in this class atm

Down to UGA and Stanford.

sbh15
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Down to UGA and Stanford.

well then maybe not. but it's not over yet. i guess he was never more than a +1

draftguru151
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
FL DB TJ Davis commits to Auburn. Great player.

critesy
08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
FL DB TJ Davis commits to Auburn. Great player.

a 3* star but has some pretty impressive film and an offer from virtually everyone it looks like. i like how this class is shaping up for auburn.

BigJohn98
08-24-2011, 08:12 AM
It it was any other year, he'd be a Nole. Due to our numbers crunch, we have higher targets on our board. Good luck to him at Auburn.

keylime_5
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
being reported that DE Adolphus Washington has committed to Ohio State. Rated as the top player in Ohio by some. Would be our first blue chip since Tressel resigned, hooray!

EDIT: he didn't commit yet, but it's looking like he will soon.

draftguru151
08-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Kiel looking pretty darn good tonight.

iowatreat54
08-28-2011, 11:07 AM
3* Ruben Lile from Cass Tech in Michigan chose Iowa last night after his team's first game of the season. Here are the shoes he wore during the game before making the announcement:

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/940/1129392.jpg

BigJohn98
08-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Rivals updated their Rivals100 list today.

FSU has 6 commits in the top 35, and 6 overall in the top 100.

Jameis Winston gets bumped to a 5*, number seven overall.

We have three 5* commits right now, with chances at landing Eddie Goldman(really good chance), Andrus Peat(decent to good chance), Nelson Agholor(don't see him being a Nole), and Tracey Howard(really good chance).

This class is gonna be sickkk.

Hines
08-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Jarron Jones to Notre Dame. Lame.

JayP
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Jarron Jones to Notre Dame. Awesome get for ND.

Fixed that for you.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Simeon (IL) Athlete, Robert Gregory, to Arkansas.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
they showed Cincinnatti Taft on Espn this past weekend with Adolphus Washington. The kid looks like he has the body of a 10 year NFL vet already. wow, if he isn't the top defensive lineman in the country then I'd like to see whoever is.

hawkeye123
09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
How would you guys rate the recruiting classes from 2006-2011?

bearsfan_51
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I think they're ok.

hawkeye123
09-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I think they're ok.

I meant how would you rate them in order of overall strength?

sbh15
09-02-2011, 09:39 PM
stefon diggs ran out on the field doing the gator chomp tonight ;)

proshoota25
09-04-2011, 02:17 PM
stefon diggs ran out on the field doing the gator chomp tonight ;)

any idea what position we are recruiting him at?

sbh15
09-06-2011, 02:04 PM
any idea what position we are recruiting him at?

gotta be wr. i don't think he'll play another position.

tjsunstein
09-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Can anyone update me on how WVU is doing recruiting wise? I don't even know where to start when following this stuff. There's so much information everywhere, is Rivals worth it?

MassNole
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Can anyone update me on how WVU is doing recruiting wise? I don't even know where to start when following this stuff. There's so much information everywhere, is Rivals worth it?

ESPN is the best at evaluating players, however team sites on Rivals, Scout, or 247 are the best for team specific information.

703SKINS202
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
We have one of the best recruiting classes we've had in a while so far. The hiring of Holgorsen has already brought some nice recruits with some blue chips still on the radar. I think you will really see some action in 2013 with more blue chips.

As far as the 2012 class we already have 4* WR Deontay McManus out of Dunbar. Top 250 kid with a big body, 6' 2" 215, some teams like him better at safety but Holgorsen wants him here at WR which is what he wants to play.

We also landed 4* QB Ford Childress out of Texas who recently was promoted to the ESPN top 150. Kid is a legit talent and a great fit for his system, will be the starter after Geno leaves.

Overall we already have about 17 kids and last year we probably had 7 at this time. We are recruiting the Baltimore/MD area hard and doing a great job, lots of kids with talent from that area really want to play at WV. We always do well in Florida as well picking off the remaining talent. Hopefully the offense really blossoms and we lure some of the kids still looking to make a decision near signing day like a Cyrus Jones.

tjsunstein
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Last time I saw Childress, he was a 3*. Awesome that he was brought up. I really like that Holgerson is getting one of his guys that fit his system.

703SKINS202
09-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Last time I saw Childress, he was a 3*. Awesome that he was brought up. I really like that Holgerson is getting one of his guys that fit his system.
He had a really good summer and impressed in a lot of camps. Lots more schools came offering apparently but didn't because he was so firm on WVU. He is the centerpiece of our class for sure for Holgorsen.

bearsfan_51
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Jamel Harbison, WR, commits to the Gophers. 4 star on ESPN, 3 star on rivals and scout.

Cya later Andre McDonald!

bearsfan_51
09-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Speaking of Andre McDonald, he committed to Vanderbilt today, and Told is now wrong for the 8,738th time.

Good for McDonald. He handled his recruitment process terribly, but I'll never go hard on a kid that goes for a good education.

hawkeye123
09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
4* Jordan Watkins commits to Stanford

niel89
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
4* Jordan Watkins commits to Stanford

Awesome news! Him and Luke Kaumatule have been some nice pick ups lately.

iowatreat54
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Speaking of Andre McDonald, he committed to Vanderbilt today, and Told is now wrong for the 8,738th time.

Good for McDonald. He handled his recruitment process terribly, but I'll never go hard on a kid that goes for a good education.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say.

I also don't understand fans who get pissed when 18 year olds don't choose their school, let alone choose a school that is vastly superior academically. Hell, I laugh when Iowa fans get pissed if a kid chooses jNW over us.

VUBlacknGold
09-14-2011, 03:19 AM

Good for McDonald. He handled his recruitment process terribly, but I'll never go hard on a kid that goes for a good education and a potentially good, up and coming football program.

Fixed for accuracy.

Vandy has spent a lot of money in fixing up the weight room, getting good coaches, fix up pretty much everything but the GPA. It might not be this year or next, but as long as Franklin sells dreams(and playing time) with Vandy, we could turn out alright

iowatreat54
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbdYG

“It was several things,” Roosevelt Maggitt said. “The No. 1 reason was we evaluated UF’s history. I see guys get up there and then they get pulled over for nonsense. I didn’t want Curt to be involved in that.

“I didn’t get good vibes from him,” he said. “He kind of disrespected my house. Any time a man puts his shoe on your table, that ain’t no good. That didn’t show respect for my house.”

Pretty awesomely hilarious. Good for this kid/his family.

Hines
09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, looks like Will Mahone dropped PSU from his list. Sigh. Have fun in South Bend, kid.

bearsfan_51
09-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd be annoyed if someone put their shoes on my table too, especially for a formal visit. Stupid meatheads.

ToldLikeItIs
09-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't think McDonald's recruitment is over yet.

tombau
09-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Has Arik Armstead opened up his search? I believe he's taking visits to Alabama and Notre Dame.

draftguru151
09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Miami Northwestern WR Amari Cooper commits to Bama. Miami passed over him for a few other WRs but he's arguably the best WR in the state tools wise. Was injured last year.

Hines
09-27-2011, 05:13 PM
I think PSU's last 5 commits are:

RB Wes Brown
OL/DL Ryan Watson
ATH Devin Fuller
S Demetrius Cox
DE Noah Spence

CashmoneyDrew
09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
4* DE Trent Taylor switches his commitment from Miami to UT.

He's an EE too, so that's big.

bearsfan_51
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
4* DE Trent Taylor switches his commitment from Miami to UT.

He's an EE too, so that's big.
He's an electric eel?!? That's going to cause problems for the offensive line.

CashmoneyDrew
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Awww yeah!

sbh15
09-29-2011, 03:28 PM
4* ot adam bisnowaty commits to pitt over uf... i am disappoint

MassNole
10-02-2011, 09:35 AM
4* ot adam bisnowaty commits to pitt over uf... i am disappoint
The power of ACC membership.

CashmoneyDrew
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
4* Michigan DT Danny O'Brien to UT.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
SCAR landed FB Virgil Smalls, he's Brandon Shell's half brother and one of the most coveted lead blockers in the nation. Damn near every high profile school was interested in him. Tis a FB, though. haha.

SCAR also landed prominent Georgia prospect, Jhaustin Thomas, another pass rushing DE.

Chaz Elder still looks like a SCAR lock.

Anyone know anything about a Boeing Brown? He's a Conneticut Jr. QB who SCAR has their eye on. He's getting tons of interest from the likes of Boston College, Florida, LSU, Penn State, etc. But he says he's all Gamecocks if they make him an offer.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Darius Hamilton down to Rutgers, Florida, and Cal.

Hurricanes25
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Darius Hamilton down to Rutgers, Florida, and Cal.

Hopefully Carroo could bring Hamilton, Shumate and Wright with him.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Hopefully Carroo could bring Hamilton, Shumate and Wright with him.

I think we definitely get 2 including Caroo and possibly 4. Either Wright or Shumate might choose to go somewhere else. It's going to be interesting to see if Fuller decides he's fine with not playing QB and commits as well. It's about time a good amount of the top Jersey talent wants to stay in state.

Hines
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I think we definitely get 2 including Caroo and possibly 4. Either Wright or Shumate might choose to go somewhere else. It's going to be interesting to see if Fuller decides he's fine with not playing QB and commits as well. It's about time a good amount of the top Jersey talent wants to stay in state.

I heard Fuller wants to stay close to home, so Rutgers is where he might end up. If he still wants to play QB and to leave Jersey, Nebraska could be the school he attends.

I really wish PSU could land him.

iowatreat54
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Big recruiting weekend for Iowa, headlined by 5* OT Jordan Diamond (rumored), 4* RB Greg Garmon, 4* WR Amara Darboh, and 4* LB Quanzell Lambert. Hopefully something comes from it...

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I heard Fuller wants to stay close to home, so Rutgers is where he might end up. If he still wants to play QB and to leave Jersey, Nebraska could be the school he attends.

I really wish PSU could land him.

Farrell was interviewing Shumate and he listed his top 5 and totally forgot to mention Rutgers which was weird. He then said Rutgers is in his top 6 and him and all the Bosco kids might stick together.

Anyway on Fuller it's all going to come down if he wants to play QB. If he does I doubt he comes to Rutgers but if not he'll be here. A lot of the Jersey kids we already have committed are all close and they really are trying to build something here now so we'll see.

That includes Lambert who will also have Rutgers in his final 3. We have limited spots left so it's going to interesting.

phlysac
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Hopefully things will turn around in Oakland...

Rushel Shell commits to Pitt

By Chris Harlan, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 14, 2011

The last time Pitt landed a star tailback from Hopewell, things turned out pretty well for the Panthers.

Now, they have another.

Hopewell senior Rushel Shell said today that he will commit to Pitt, giving the Panthers one of the top running back recruits in the nation. He had said his other finalist was Alabama, though he never visited Tuscaloosa.

In mid-August, Shell hinted that he was going to choose Pitt when he told the Tribune-Review he'd already made his college decision, and said it was "an average team on the rise" and somewhere he could "try to win a national title." For two months, he left Pitt supporters hoping he meant their Panthers.

Today he made it official.

Shell's commitment gives Pitt coach Todd Graham a marquee recruit, joining a 2012 class that already had four-star quarterback Chad Voytik of Cleveland, Tenn.

National recruiting websites rank Shell (5-11, 210) among the top five running backs. Scout.com calls him a five-star talent and ranks him No. 20 nationally. Rivals.com gives him four stars and ranks him No. 45.

By choosing Pitt, Shell followed the path taken in 1973 by Tony Dorsett, another Hopewell graduate. Dorsett led Pitt to a national championship in 1976 and won the Heisman Trophy as college football's top player.

Shell set the WPIAL career rushing record this season. A four-year starter, he now has 7,827 career yards entering tonight's nationally televised (6 p.m., ESPNU) game at Central Valley. This season, he has 1,059 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Shell planned to keep his decision a secret until tonight. Instead, he decided to make his announcement at an 8 a.m. press conference with local media.

Pitt now has eight recruits from the WPIAL or City League, including Fox Chapel lineman Adam Bisnowaty, Clairton wideout Trenton Coles, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter, Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett and Penn Hills wideout Corey Jones. Woodland Hills safety Jevonte Pitts, who enrolled at Milford Academy, also remains committed to Pitt.

Their verbal commitments are non-binding until Feb. 1, when National Letters of Intent can be signed.

Vr16qwfWhpU

Hines
10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Shell to Pitt was an absolute lock once OSU fell out of it. It became even more of a lock when he knocked up his GF and pretty much has to stay home. I'm glad Pitt landed him. He's big time and could win a Heisman. He's that good.

dannyz
10-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I just read Arik Armstead Decommits from USC.

Hines
10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
JJ Denman decommits from PSU and commits to Wisky. :(

ToldLikeItIs
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Iowa should rack up a few decent commitments here soon.

MaxV
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM

This is really upsetting. I hope they can close it out strong.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM

You guys are already talking to Muller. Stay away!!!

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Gunner Kiel is re-opening his recruitment even though he hasn't decommitted.

Hines
10-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Kiel to Notre Dame is probably where it's heading. Sigh. Sucks for Indiana.

jrdrylie
10-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Gunner Kiel is re-opening his recruitment even though he hasn't decommitted.

CBS and Scout reporting that he has officially decommitted.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
CBS and Scout reporting that he has officially decommitted.

Yeah when I first saw that story it didn't say that but it is official. I don't blame him.

shylo3716
10-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Have not been in this forum for awhile now so I don't know if this was brought up.

UVA still manages to keep the local 757 talent from swaying to Virginia Tech & other schools by snatching up the #2 OLB in the class.

Eli "Hittman" Harold 6'3'' 230 OLB - Ocean Lakes High School - Virginia Beach, VA

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313080_272391039450988_100000402817827_878253_1872 782922_n.jpg

Xonraider
10-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I just read Arik Armstead Decommits from USC.

I just recently saw some of his videos on youtube.. its ridiculous how he dominates.

Punisher
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I just recently saw some of his videos on youtube.. its ridiculous how he dominates.

He would be starting for USC at LT next year and all but be a top 10 lock but he:

1.) Demands to play Defense
2.) De committed

Kids like James Wilder and Arik Armstead who WANT to play out of position anger me.

draftguru151
10-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Florida State commit Mario Edwards Jr's top 2 are Oklahoma and LSU.

Wait, what?

hawkeye123
10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
He would be starting for USC at LT next year and all but be a top 10 lock but he:

1.) Demands to play Defense
2.) De committed

Kids like James Wilder and Arik Armstead who WANT to play out of position anger me.

And he wants to play basketball. What the **** is that all about?

MassNole
10-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Florida State commit Mario Edwards Jr's top 2 are Oklahoma and LSU.

Wait, what?

From what FSU 247 says, reports do not match what he's been telling the coaches. He'll be at FSU for an unofficial visit this weekend vs. N.C. State, then back again in January for an official. He's already used his officials to OU and LSU, so I am not worried about him.

MassNole
10-27-2011, 05:50 AM

If you have actually seen Wilder play this season you wouldn't be saying he's playing out of position. Admittedly he is the second best Freshman RB FSU has, but Devonta Freeman was a 5* talent in his own right.

MassNole
10-27-2011, 06:00 AM
James Hamilton, a massive DL/OL 3* switched his commitment from FSU to USF. This is actually a very good thing for FSU as it frees up a much needed scholarship to use elsewhere, such as on Leonard Williams. Basically he had an offer conditional on maintaining the level of play he had at the summer camp, which hasn't happened this season due to a back injury (which is compounded by his 335-340lb body). He also wants to play right away and at FSU it would have been a solid 3 years before he saw meaningful snaps, if ever with the players around him such as Timmy Jernigan, Cam Erving, Niles Lawrence Stamp, Derrick Mitchell, and 2012 commit Justin Shanks (and likely Eddie Goldman).

draftguru151
10-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Is he gonna play DT at USF? Probably a better OG than DT.

Punisher
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
If you have actually seen Wilder play this season you wouldn't be saying he's playing out of position. Admittedly he is the second best Freshman RB FSU has, but Devonta Freeman was a 5* talent in his own right.

His potential at Linebacker would be amazing!

sbh15
10-27-2011, 12:25 PM

no, he's absolutely playing out of position. he's 10x better at linebacker

BigJohn98
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM

I think I'll trust the coach's opinion over yours.

I love people who sit behind a computer and think they know someone is out of position.

sbh15
10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I think I'll trust the coach's opinion over yours.

I love people who sit behind a computer and think they know someone is out of position.

it's hardly the coach's opinion. fsu wouldn't have gotten wilder unless they told him he'd play running back. and look just about anywhere, any recruiting service. it was pretty common knowledge that wilder was much more highly coveted as a linebacker than as a running back

i don't think he's going to be a bad running back or anything, just that he had mega star potential at linebacker

MassNole
10-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Is he gonna play DT at USF? Probably a better OG than DT.

FSU preferred him at DT, where he could have been a space eater at 330lbs. I think USF is recruiting him at DT now as well where he could play next year. I don't blame him for wanting to get early playing time, something that just wouldn't have happened at FSU.

it's hardly the coach's opinion. fsu wouldn't have gotten wilder unless they told him he'd play running back. and look just about anywhere, any recruiting service. it was pretty common knowledge that wilder was much more highly coveted as a linebacker than as a running back

i don't think he's going to be a bad running back or anything, just that he had mega star potential at linebacker

And he has mega star potential at RB as well. As for his recruitment, he was told he'd have the chance to play RB first, but if that didn't work out he'd move to LB. And lets not pretend when Urban Meyer was at UF that he wasn't telling him he'd play RB at UF as well. Could he have been a stud LB, probably, but he can be just as good at RB, especially if coached up by Eddie Gran for 4 years. He just doesn't lose yards when running and always falls forward. At RB he is the perfect compliment to Devonta Freeman and soon to be 5* RB Mario Pender.

sbh15
10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
And he has mega star potential at RB as well. As for his recruitment, he was told he'd have the chance to play RB first, but if that didn't work out he'd move to LB. And lets not pretend when Urban Meyer was at UF that he wasn't telling him he'd play RB at UF as well. Could he have been a stud LB, probably, but he can be just as good at RB, especially if coached up by Eddie Gran for 4 years. He just doesn't lose yards when running and always falls forward. At RB he is the perfect compliment to Devonta Freeman and soon to be 5* RB Mario Pender.

i'm not, i just think meyer was telling him something along the lines of 'you'll get a chance to play rb' which really was just him saying 'once you get here, you're going to play linebacker'. obviously that wasn't the only factor, but it was a major swing in fsu's favor.

and i disagree that he has megastar potential. i think he has a little better than brandon jacobs potential at rb. jacobs was a freak athlete in his own right, but a 6'2, 230ish lb. linebacker running a 4.6-4.8 forty sounds a lot better than a runningback doing the same

Hines
10-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Kent Taylor to Florida. Not surprised.

keylime_5
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Prep WR Michael Thomas commits to Ohio State finally. He and Cardale Jones are the QB/WR duo at Fork Union this year and are probably our future in the passing game after Braxton Miller and co. graduate.

dannyz
10-31-2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGEVmAqgc8

Reuben Foster Alabama Commit Junior Film

This Kid is going to be a Beast.

thenewfeature06
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
CB Tyreece Jiles (Cape Coral, FL) decommits from UNC and says he will be playing at Purdue.

Uncomfortable with our situation.

dannyz
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
247 Releases their list of the top 247 Recruits for the 2013 Class. Alabama is most likely going to get the Top Two Players.

iowatreat54
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
3* RB David Smith from Illinois, and bff of current Iowa commit Mo Flemming, is visiting Iowa this weekend and has already said Iowa is his favorite. He also said that one of the top Illinois prospects 4* DE Faith Ekakitie also has Iowa as his favorite after visiting last weekend and once earlier in the season.

Add that to 4* PA RB Greg Garmon supposedly saying he's down to Iowa and UNC, and this might be shaping up to be quite a nice little class for us. Now if only we can get 4* Iowa WR Amara Darboh...

Hines
11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
3* RB David Smith from Illinois, and bff of current Iowa commit Mo Flemming, is visiting Iowa this weekend and has already said Iowa is his favorite. He also said that one of the top Illinois prospects 4* DE Faith Ekakitie also has Iowa as his favorite after visiting last weekend and once earlier in the season.

Add that to 4* PA RB Greg Garmon supposedly saying he's down to Iowa and UNC, and this might be shaping up to be quite a nice little class for us. Now if only we can get 4* Iowa WR Amara Darboh...

IIRC, Garmon said that UNC was his dream school and his number 1. I don't know if that's changed due to him being unsure on what is going on there, but I think that is what I read.

iowatreat54
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
IIRC, Garmon said that UNC was his dream school and his number 1. I don't know if that's changed due to him being unsure on what is going on there, but I think that is what I read.

Yea, I'm pretty sure I had heard that as well. I never really even thought we had a chance in the first place, but he has claimed his top 2 were UNC and Iowa as of like the middle of October I believe. He used to be real high on OSU earlier in the season, but he visited and hasn't talked about them since.

Like you said, not sure if that changes with the other stuff going on, but I'm perfectly happy being a top choice even if he doesn't choose us. I think we'll get Smith either way, and probably another lower ranked RB, but Garmon would be awesome.

Notredameleo
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Reports that Gunner Kiel will early enroll at ND.

CashmoneyDrew
11-12-2011, 12:43 PM
3* TN offensive lineman Andrew Jelks commits to Vandy. Pretty good commit for them.

hawkeye123
11-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Bryon Marshall commits to Oregon

He raped my high school in the playoffs last year, he's lightning quick. Great pickup for Oregon.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2011, 03:23 PM
He raped my high school in the playoffs last year.
Should have went to Penn State.

iowatreat54
11-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Should have went to Penn State.

Hawkeye said high school team, not grade school.

Iowa picks up a pair of commits in back to back days. 6'2 190 3* WR Greg Mabin out of Calvary Christian in Ft. Lauderdale. Picked Iowa over offers Tulane and Jacksonville St.

Also picked up an unranked DE commit from the awesomely named Daumantas Venckus out of Cypress Bay in Weston, FL. At 6'4 220, I would wager the staff feels like he can put on a bit of weight otherwise no idea where he will play because it won't be DE.

draftguru151
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
LB Keith Brown switches from Miami to Illinois because they offered his brother who had 0 scholarship offers. Brown has great athleticism and size but average instincts so it's not a huge loss. Still have 4 other LB commits as well.

4* WR Malcolm Lewis committed to Miami. Teammate of Tracy Howard, should help with him but Lewis is a pretty good WR prospect himself.

critesy
11-21-2011, 07:05 PM
4* javy mitchell 6-2 200 olb commited to auburn tonight. offers from bama, ms st, georgia, tenn etc.

sbh15
11-21-2011, 11:46 PM
apparently stefon diggs and nelson algholor are uf leans, which is shocking given how ******* awful the gators are. i guess they recognize the opportunity for immediate playing time

critesy
11-21-2011, 11:52 PM
im thinking diggs to florida as well, will come down to au or uf. and agholor i think goes west to usc.

keylime_5
11-22-2011, 10:22 AM
5* DE Adolphus Washington to OSU. Big time get there. Guy has 33 sacks this season and is a finalist for US Army National POY.

His teammate, 3*/4* WR Dwayne Stanford committed to Oregon.

Hines
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
5* DE Adolphus Washington to OSU. Big time get there. Guy has 33 sacks this season and is a finalist for US Army National POY.

His teammate, 3*/4* WR Dwayne Stanford committed to Oregon.

I thought they'd go to the same school. I'm surprised Stanford went to Oregon.

critesy
11-26-2011, 11:58 AM
ronald darby in on an official visit to auburn today. ND commit. whats the scoop on him ND fans.

mat33
11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
ronald darby in on an official visit to auburn today. ND commit. whats the scoop on him ND fans.

When he committed he said he'd take all five officials, this is his 4th and after each one he's come back more positive towards ND. Not that worried, but obviously I'd rather he not visit another school.

JoeJoeBrown
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Ricquan Southward switched from Miami to OSU this weekend.

Big, fast WR from Florida that is underrated.

Also, rumors of some big time recruits headed to OSU for visits for this class.

Things just got interesting at OSU again.

bearsfan_51
11-29-2011, 10:18 AM
P Diddy's son commits to UCLA. He had offers from Virginia, Iowa, Illinois.

Seriously.

draftguru151
11-29-2011, 03:58 PM
3* OG Danny Isidora commits to Miami. 3* rating is a joke though, he's the top interior guy in South Florida (at the very least). Isidora and Flowers give UM 2 great OL prospects, will probably take one or two more OL this year.

MassNole
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
P Diddy's son commits to UCLA. He had offers from Virginia, Iowa, Illinois.

Seriously.

He was begging for a FSU offer in the spring. I just don't get committing to a school that will have a coaching change before NSD, as I'd be hard pressed to think the next coach would want him unless he's coming with a lot of Diddy's benjamins.

Hines
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I watched Diddy's son's film. He's an aggressive little bastard, but he's pretty small.

MassNole
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I watched Diddy's son's film. He's an aggressive little bastard, but he's pretty small.
Small by New York HS Football standards at that.

JoeJoeBrown
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm guessing that it's All about the Hollywood publicity and exposure.

Hines
11-29-2011, 10:44 PM
So before all this ******** at PSU broke, Noah Spence and Demetrious Cox were all but locks to head to PSU. Now that it broke and Urban Meyer is the coach at OSU, it wouldn't surprise if they both go to OSU. Ugh, I knew UM would **** PSU if he went to OSU. **** them. STAY AWAY!!!

keylime_5
11-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Noah Spence tweeted that OSU is atop his list after speaking to UM3. It's not just Penn State, he's gonna **** on the entire big ten. Might steal Kyle Dodson from Wisconsin and we might be favorites to bring in Jordan Diamond as well (e probably were anyway). Adolphus Washington/Noah Spence DE combo would mean no QB dropbacks without a sack.

JoeJoeBrown
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Spence and Washington would be awesome. Totally awesome.

TitanHope
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9699/clemsonpay.jpg

This makes me happy.

Smooth Criminal
11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm loving OSU recruiting already heating up. Should be a hell of a class after what looked like it wasn't going to be a great one at all.

hawkeye123
12-01-2011, 08:38 PM
5* DT Quay Evans commits to Mississippi State

Hines
12-01-2011, 11:42 PM
5* DT Quay Evans commits to Mississippi State

Proves Mullen can land the elite talent. Hope he brings him along when he comes to PSU. :)

BigJohn98
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Mike Davis decommits from UF.

MassNole
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
FSU picks up a commitment from 3* Juco OL Daniel Glauser.

Marino13
12-04-2011, 10:13 PM
4* WR Amara Darboh to Michigan

JoeJoeBrown
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Multiple sites reporting that Ohio State is the only official visit that Noah Spence is taking.

Awlsum. The idea of Spence and Washington on the same line for three years makes me giddy like a little school girl.

keylime_5
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
rumors are that UM3 could flip Se'Von Pittman from Michigan State as well. What a DE haul would that be with Pittman, Washington, and Spence. Not to mention Steve Miller and Kenny Hayes from last year.

Hines
12-05-2011, 10:29 PM
If the new coach keeps LJ for PSU, then I'm sure Spence will be a Lion. He and his dad LOVE LJ and have said that if he isn't there, then they will eliminate PSU.

keylime_5
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
there is some inside info out there that i'm not really aware of yet that sounds extremely positive for OSU at this point and it's not just the stuff that's going around in the latest articles about his official visit scheduled next week for Columbus.

Either way, does anyone really think that Penn State is not gonna completely clean house with their coaching staff after what happened? I thought that was a foregone conclusion.

JoeJoeBrown
12-05-2011, 10:33 PM
If the new coach keeps LJ for PSU, then I'm sure Spence will be a Lion. He and his dad LOVE LJ and have said that if he isn't there, then they will eliminate PSU.

I really have no clue what the kid is going to do, just reporting what I've read.

With the craziness going on at PSU right now, kids are going to shy away. The place is radioactive now and coaches are going to be negatively recruiting the hell out of that.

Hines
12-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I really have no clue what the kid is going to do, just reporting what I've read.

With the craziness going on at PSU right now, kids are going to shy away. The place is radioactive now and coaches are going to be negatively recruiting the hell out of that.

It was pretty set in stone that before all this **** broke out, Spence was going to PSU IMO. I still believe he's very interested but it all comes down to LJ. I wouldn't be apposed to keeping Vandy and LJ on the staff since I doubt Bradley would want to stay if he is not the HC.

From what Armani Reeves has said, schools have been very respectful towards that to him. Obviously he's not as hyped up as Spence, but I still don't think teams are doing that. I could be wrong because there could be some really skum bag coaches, so who knows.

draftguru151
12-06-2011, 07:53 AM
It was pretty set in stone that before all this **** broke out, Spence was going to PSU IMO. I still believe he's very interested but it all comes down to LJ. I wouldn't be apposed to keeping Vandy and LJ on the staff since I doubt Bradley would want to stay if he is not the HC.

From what Armani Reeves has said, schools have been very respectful towards that to him. Obviously he's not as hyped up as Spence, but I still don't think teams are doing that. I could be wrong because there could be some really skum bag coaches, so who knows.

Urban Meyer used to report recruiting violations on Miami that he knew were fake, just to waste Shannon's time in dealing with it. So, yea... have fun.

JoeJoeBrown
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Urban Meyer used to report recruiting violations on Miami that he knew were fake, just to waste Shannon's time in dealing with it. So, yea... have fun.

Yeah, Urban reeks of a lack of morals. I remember when he stole a commit from OSU by allegedly telling the player that he had a vision from God in his dream the night before. WTF?