PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Hines
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Urban reeks of a lack of morals. I remember when he stole a commit from OSU by allegedly telling the player that he had a vision from God in his dream the night before. WTF?

He told Sharif Floyd that he would die for him.

JoeJoeBrown
12-06-2011, 12:43 PM

That might have been it. Whatever it was, it seemed outrageous.

I know that crap is going to go on at OSU with him and it bothers me a bit.

For all of the crap that people want to give JT for being shady (and he was), you can't overlook that he also had a lot of integrity when dealing with the kids, especially in recruiting.

Sadly, I think Meyer is the opposite of that.

Complex
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, Urban reeks of a lack of morals. I remember when he stole a commit from OSU by allegedly telling the player that he had a vision from God in his dream the night before. WTF?

Maybe that is how he got Tebow.

draftguru151
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I think that was with Matt Elam.

hawkeye123
12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Keith Marshall to Georgia...

sbh15
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Keith Marshall to Georgia...

first we lose mike davis because we're recruiting keith marshall... then marshall commits to uga. are you ******* kidding me?

keylime_5
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

yeah, he said he had a dream God told him to play at Florida and he would die for him. Good ole cutthroat SEC recruiting. He said in his presser one of the reasons he left Florida was b/c of the recruiting tactics down there he had to compete with.

Hines
12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
yeah, he said he had a dream God told him to play at Florida and he would die for him. Good ole cutthroat SEC recruiting. He said in his presser one of the reasons he left Florida was b/c of the recruiting tactics down there he had to compete with.

I guess that's why Floyd went to UF. Floyd said that when UM said that, he felt appreciated and wanted and just fell in love with the school.

JRTPlaya21
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Keith Marshall to UGA!!!

sbh15
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I guess that's why Floyd went to UF. Floyd said that when UM said that, he felt appreciated and wanted and just fell in love with the school.

yeah, i'm sure any kid would eat that line right up. if anything i'd immediately cross that lunatic's school off my list of colleges

Keith Marshall to UGA!!!

why does that make you excited? as a uf fan, unless he's in o&b, i don't want this kid anywhere near the sec

JRTPlaya21
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
yeah, i'm sure any kid would eat that line right up. if anything i'd immediately cross that lunatic's school off my list of colleges

why does that make you excited? as a uf fan, unless he's in o&b, i don't want this kid anywhere near the sec

I'm a UGA fan bro. The Bama love is out of honor for one of my best friends that I lost during the storm.

keylime_5
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM

yep. he was telling everyone he was tOSU bound before Meyer's visit and then immediately changed to Florida the week before his announcement in San Antonio. Will never forget that one.

Giantsfan1080
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Nyeem Wartman taking an official to Rutgers this weekend along with a slew of highly rated NJ prospects like Yuri Wright and Shumate. Big weekend for us.

draftguru151
12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
5-star QB #FSU commit Jameis Winston tells me he will visit #OhioState officially. I asked him why and he said, "Urban Meyer!" #Buckeyes

Oh goodness.

JoeJoeBrown
12-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh goodness.

Wow. He's already starting to make it rain.

Smooth Criminal
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Honestly Meyers having a bigger effect on recruiting than I thought even possible. Hes been getting so many kids in here on visits already.

Hines
12-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh goodness.

I wonder what Winston will say when MLB teams start to talk about all that cash they'll throw at him.

dannyz
12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I think Ohio State will get some big name 4 or 5 Star Recruit that they had no chances of getting a few month ago just because Urban Meyer.

keylime_5
12-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I think Ohio State will get some big name 4 or 5 Star Recruit that they had no chances of getting a few month ago just because Urban Meyer.

first one will be Noah Spence. Jordan Diamond as well. Cyrus Jones and Jameis Winston will visit but I have no idea what kind of chance we have at them. Winston would have to sit for 3 years behind Miller.

CashmoneyDrew
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
4* FL wideout Alton "Pig" Howard commits to UT.

JoeJoeBrown
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
#5 DT Tommy Schutt visiting Ohio State this weekend.

JoeJoeBrown
12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Here is more info, per a post on theozone.net:

Official visits this weekend: Diamond (5*), Dotson (4*), Dunn (5*), Pittman (4*), and Schutt (5*).

Stefon Diggs might be at OSU on an unofficial this weekend as well.

I know that they are just visits, and Dunn is an OSU verbal that is currently 50/50 with Hoke panting in his ear, but great googly moogly this kind of late in the recruiting season action hasn't happened at OSU in ages.

keylime_5
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Jamies Winston might visit on the 17th with Noah Spence. Cyrus Jones is visiting soon and OSU is "moving up his list rapidly." He would be another Percy Harvin type in Meyer's system. Recruiting right now at Ohio State is unreal. No more soft sell approach we had under JT, we are going full court press, pull out all stops.

iowatreat54
12-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Iowa lands 4* IL DE Faith Ekakitie. He had offers from a majority of the Big Ten, then random BCS offers like Tennessee, Oregon, Arizona, WV, BC, Virginia. Final 4 was Iowa, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, and BC (which one of these is not like the others).

Apparently Northwestern refused him admission because he only had a 3.5 gpa (not really, but it was supposedly because his gpa was .2 off from what they normally require). Eliminated GT because Atlanta had too many distractions, and chose Iowa over BC on a gut feeling.

Idc if we were his first choice or not, we just got a good player, a seemingly good kid, and from all accounts except Northwestern a good student. Here's his blog that he used throughout his recruiting:

http://faithflex.com/

bearsfan_51
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Ekakitie is a great commit for Iowa. Apparently these prospects don't care that they'll never get a chance to see Floyd.

Minnesota getting visits this weekend from ATH Robert Gregory (Arkansas commit) and DE Eric Lee (South Florida commit). All your soft verbals are belong to us.

iowatreat54
12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Ekakitie is a great commit for Iowa. Apparently these prospects don't care that they'll never get a chance to see Floyd.

Minnesota getting visits this weekend from ATH Robert Gregory (Arkansas commit) and DE Eric Lee (South Florida commit). All your soft verbals are belong to us.

Aww you guys win the pig for the 3rd time in the last decade and you're all cocky. How cute. :)

But seriously, the last 2 years have been embarassing. I'm trying to convince myself that Iowa felt bad that the brand new shiny trophy case in that high school stadium was empty, so they donated Floyd for a couple years.

You think there's any chance Gregory doesn't stick with Arkansas now that it's apparent Diamond likely won't be joining him?

draftguru151
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Duke Johnson had a monster game to lead his team to states after being down 20-0 to win 35-27. 27/375/3 with scoring plays of 67, 32 and 71. Beeeeeeast.

Big visit weekend with Eddie Goldman and Deon Bush visiting.

sbh15
12-10-2011, 02:04 PM
i don't know how many a&m people follow this, but lorenzo phillips (former gator commit) will probably commit to tamu with the hiring of sumlin. houston and texas a&m were already both high on his list

TitanHope
12-10-2011, 02:07 PM
SC TE Justin Meredith commits to Tennessee.

Also, Ekakitie sounds like the name of a Pokemon.

iowatreat54
12-10-2011, 03:16 PM
NC TE Justin Meredith commits to Tennessee.

Also, Ekakitie sounds like the name of a Pokemon.

Go Ekakitie I choose you! Use QB smash!

CashmoneyDrew
12-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice pickup with Meredith. Hopefully he gets a redshirt year.

TitanHope
12-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice pickup with Meredith. Hopefully he gets a redshirt year.

At 210 lbs., he may have to, especially since they'll have Mychal Rivera starting, Brendan Downs to back him up, and Cameron Clear's positional future still undecided.

Still hoping for a stud RB and a few certain JUCO guys... *crosses everything*

draftguru151
12-11-2011, 01:23 PM
http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/ngmv.jpg

Eddie Goldman (and a bunch of other dudes) throwing up the U. LOCK HIM UP.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2011, 01:52 PM
As in recruiting, or prison? It's the U, so could go either way.

draftguru151
12-11-2011, 01:53 PM
You must be confusing us with UF.

JoeJoeBrown
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
PSU commit Camren Williams visiting OSU today.

His dad is friends with Vrabel apparently.

BuckeyeDan17
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I hope they steal Schutt too. Would be saweeeet.

Punisher
12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Is that Dareus Rogers in the pic DG?

M.O.T.H.
12-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Gamecocks committment, Shaq Roland, named Mr. Football in the state of South Carolina.

Previous three winners? SCAR stars...Stephon Gilmore, Marcus Lattimore, Jadaveon Clowney.

Here's hoping he will follow suit and become a big time player for the Gamecocks. Not that Alshon was a huge threat this year, those are some big shoes to fill, Roland will have a shot at it right away.

I'm loving this recruiting class. Of course, I'd love it more if we could finally land a big time QB recruit...but that never happens.

keylime_5
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I hope they steal Schutt too. Would be saweeeet.

Se'Von Pittman, Kyle Dodson, and Tommy Schutt all sound like done deals. Noah Spence could be too after he visits this weekend.

Hines
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
PSU commit Camren Williams visiting OSU today.

His dad is friends with Vrabel apparently.

I doubt he decommits from PSU, but if he does, it would be a huge, huge loss.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I doubt he decommits from PSU, but if he does, it would be a huge, huge loss.

The problem is PSU is radioactive now. No HC, an apparently corrupt and inept administration, and the lockerroom shower is a little boy rape chamber.

Those factors have to scare the crap out of any recruit, even die hard PSU kids.

Smooth Criminal
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't think of any way I could go to Penn State as a recruit after that. Theres just so many options where you can be in a better situation.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
The problem is PSU is radioactive now. No HC, an apparently corrupt and inept administration, and the lockerroom shower is a little boy rape chamber.

Those factors have to scare the crap out of any recruit, even die hard PSU kids.
To be fair, it hasn't been a rape chamber for like, 10 years.

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Chris Muller killed Penn State and the way they recruit. I've never seen a high schooler be so honest.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Chris Muller killed Penn State and the way they recruit. I've never seen a high schooler be so honest.

Could you expand on this? I haven't heard about it, other than he chose Rutgers.

CashmoneyDrew
12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Tommy Schutt to OSU officially.

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Could you expand on this? I haven't heard about it, other than he chose Rutgers.

Read this article, I think it's free. Basically they were lying to Muller and Denman the whole time forcing them to make a decision. There's some other stuff as well.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1304669

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Schutt commits to OSU per Scout.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Read this article, I think it's free. Basically they were lying to Muller and Denman the whole time forcing them to make a decision. There's some other stuff as well.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1304669

Good read. He sounds like a smart kid that is also wise beyond his years.

It would be tough to decypher what to do in a situation like that so good on him.

It's a shame that they were lying to kids at PSU. They could probably get away with that kind of old school crap back before the internet and everyone texting/IMing each other.

Hines
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Schutt commits to OSU per Scout.

This sucks, but doesn't surprise me. The kid got turned down by 2 schools before he even commited to PSU.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
This sucks, but doesn't surprise me. The kid got turned down by 2 schools before he even commited to PSU.

Yeah, he did. He's still really good. I'm happy.

keylime_5
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Top 100 4-star DE Se'Von Pittman flips from Michigan State to Ohio State tonight officially. Domino #2 falls on the Urban Meyer path to recruiting domination.

http://i.imgur.com/wgoXf.jpg

Pat Sims 90
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Top 100 4-star DE Se'Von Pittman flips from Michigan State to Ohio State tonight officially. Domino #2 falls on the Urban Meyer path to recruiting domination.

http://i.imgur.com/wgoXf.jpg

Now if Noah Spence comes into the fold that DE rotation is going to be unreal.

keylime_5
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM
DE-Noah Spence, Adolphus Washington, Steve Miller, Kenny Hayes, Se'Von Pittman

DT-Johnathan Hankins, Michael Bennett, Joel Hale, Tommy Schutt, Chase Farris

Big Ten QBs = Dead.

Smooth Criminal
12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Damn this is getting me excited for football season to come back around already.

Hines
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Isn't OSU at or close to the limit yet??

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2011, 11:28 PM
There's a rumor going around that in Meyer's contract he's allowed 8 non qualifiers a year. I wonder how true that is.

TitanHope
12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm happy for the OSU fans. They have a sheer dominant team and program year after year after year after year after year after year after year, and then have one single down year. Then they're able to coax one of the most successful coaches of this decade out of retirement, and all of the sudden their future is pointed straight up.

Good for them. They deserve this.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm happy for the OSU fans. They have a sheer dominant team and program year after year after year after year after year after year after year, and then have one single down year. Then they're able to coax one of the most successful coaches of this decade out of retirement, and all of the sudden their future is pointed straight up.

Good for them. They deserve this.
Think about all of the awful pro teams in Ohio. They kinda deserve it, even though some of their fans are obnoxious douchebags.

keylime_5
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Isn't OSU at or close to the limit yet??

not really, they should be able to land 5 or 6 more guys I think. We played the 2011 season with only 78 on scholarship and we will lose some to transfers.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
There's a rumor going around that in Meyer's contract he's allowed 8 non qualifiers a year. I wonder how true that is.

I call major BS on that. That's a lot of kids. Maybe 1 or 2 per year, but 8 seems way outside of the bounds of what the B1G offices would allow.

But who knows?

It was probably generated by the same people whining about this waiver which is basically granted to any school that asks for it. Say Miami last season, and Michigan when RichRod was hired.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Think about all of the awful pro teams in Ohio. They kinda deserve it, even though some of their fans are obnoxious douchebags.

Hopefully I just qualify as obnoxious and not a douchebag.

OSU is the only pro sports team worth following in Ohio.

JoeJoeBrown
12-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Per theozone, Stefon Diggs: "I've had a short conversation with Urban and he has talked to my mom and talked to (his mother's fiancée)," Diggs said. "He said all the right things, but I have to see Ohio State for myself. I wasn't considering them too much before he got there, but I like what he did at Florida and I admire that."

BTW, his top choice was Florida before Charlie Weis left for Kansas. Weis was his primary recruiter. He has admitted that changes everything.

TitanHope
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM

The Titans, Grizzlies, and Predators have combined for 0 championships, and the Vols are in last place in the SEC East, SO I WEEP FOR THE CHILDREN AND POLITELY CALL SHENIGANS!!! Why don't we get the Pokemon players, BF? Why? Meredith is a girl's name.

Ugh, as long as they don't become like the FSU homers, I'll be fine. *hugs Tyler Bray's fathead* I don't even have the poster. Braymaker just has a huge noggin. Makes me wanna hug it.

JoeJoeBrown
12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Um scout site reporting that Dunn is not visiting Michigan this weekend.

Hines
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Um scout site reporting that Dunn is not visiting Michigan this weekend.

Interesting. There were major rumors that he was switching to them real soon since he doesn't fit in Meyer's offense.

draftguru151
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Urban probably gave him the old "we're gonna run I form this year!".

JoeJoeBrown
12-13-2011, 02:22 PM
On the Recruiting Trail in the B1G. Warning, rough language. (http://www.offtackleempire.com/2011/12/11/2626411/on-the-recruiting-trail-with-b1g-coaches)

bearsfan_51
12-13-2011, 02:34 PM
On the Recruiting Trail in the B1G. Warning, rough language. (http://www.offtackleempire.com/2011/12/11/2626411/on-the-recruiting-trail-with-b1g-coaches)
Ted's a good dude, Buckeyes homer, but good dude.

keylime_5
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Interesting. There were major rumors that he was switching to them real soon since he doesn't fit in Meyer's offense.

He might still visit there in January. The thing was that he cancelled his visit this weekend to visit next month......but the odds of that happening are a little bit slim IMO.

Meyer has said over and over since his presser that he's "always wanted a big back" but never had on at Florida (to run I-Formation principles from spread formations). The closest thing he had was Tebow, and that worked out pretty well. Instead of using the power/speed option with QB=power and RB=speed - at Ohio State it will likely be QB=speed and RB=power considering we have so many bigger backs like Carlos Hyde, Rod Smith, Brionte Dunn, and Warren Ball. This worked well at Oregon where they ran that spread with Jonathan Stewart and LaGarrett Blount.

sbh15
12-13-2011, 04:20 PM
He might still visit there in January. The thing was that he cancelled his visit this weekend to visit next month......but the odds of that happening are a little bit slim IMO.

Meyer has said over and over since his presser that he's "always wanted a big back" but never had on at Florida (to run I-Formation principles from spread formations). The closest thing he had was Tebow, and that worked out pretty well. Instead of using the power/speed option with QB=power and RB=speed - at Ohio State it will likely be QB=speed and RB=power considering we have so many bigger backs like Carlos Hyde, Rod Smith, Brionte Dunn, and Warren Ball. This worked well at Oregon where they ran that spread with Jonathan Stewart and LaGarrett Blount.

and he said the same thing since he was coach of the gators. if meyer had wanted a big back, he'd have recruited one.

MassNole
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Alphonse Taylor, the mammoth OT from Davidson HS (where kids don't decommit from), decommitted from FSU today. He seems to think he wants to play Defense instead of OL in college. Don't know if FSU told him no to Defense (which would make little sense when James Hamilton was recruited at DT at the same size) or what. Alabama seems to be the likely destination, but from what I've heard from them there isn't much mutual interest.

keylime_5
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
and he said the same thing since he was coach of the gators. if meyer had wanted a big back, he'd have recruited one.

I think he offered Carlos Hyde and he really wanted Trent Richardson back in 2009. The fact that he is going all out to try and keep Brionte Dunn this year and Derrick Green (5'11"/220 as a 16 year old) next year shows that he really wants some power backs. They would compliment those smaller slot receiver Percy Harvin types well (he's going after Stefon Diggs and Cyrus Jones this year).

People have the notion that big backs don't fit in the spread. Ask Jonathan Stewart and LaGarrett Blount and Chip Kelly about that. Most colleges use some kind of spread offense these days anyhow.

POST #12,000 btw!!!!!

dannyz
12-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I think he offered Carlos Hyde and he really wanted Trent Richardson back in 2009. The fact that he is going all out to try and keep Brionte Dunn this year and Derrick Green (5'11"/220 as a 16 year old) next year shows that he really wants some power backs. They would compliment those smaller slot receiver Percy Harvin types well (he's going after Stefon Diggs and Cyrus Jones this year).

People have the notion that big backs don't fit in the spread. Ask Jonathan Stewart and LaGarrett Blount and Chip Kelly about that. Most colleges use some kind of spread offense these days anyhow.

POST #12,000 btw!!!!!

He also has Warren Ball who I think is 6-1 220.

keylime_5
12-13-2011, 06:08 PM
yeah, Ball is around 6'1"/215 or 220 and is a powerful runner, but he's a little bit different than a true power back. Excellent receiver out of the backfield with good cutback ability. Runs very tall though like Adrian Peterson, Eddie George, and Joshua Cribbs and is injury prone. Better fit in an I-form but he would fit in any offense anywhere being a complete player.

keylime_5
12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Brionte Dunn officially reconfirms his commitment to Ohio State for good. Nice.

BuckeyeDan17
12-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I like Dunn a lot more than Ball. That's just me though - Dunn looks faster. In a couple years we will have no excuse to not have one of the best defensive lines in the country.

Pat Sims 90
12-15-2011, 10:19 PM
4* OT Kyle Dodson could be the next flip flopper for Ohio State. Currently committed to Wisconsin.

mat33
12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Notre Dame landed 4* OT Ronnie Stanley.

CashmoneyDrew
12-17-2011, 12:06 AM
JUCO cornerback Otis Jacobs flips his commitment from TAMU to Tennessee. He's a mid-term enrollee. Awesome pickup. Awesomer first name.

draftguru151
12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
5* RB TJ Yeldon flips from Auburn to Alabama.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
JUCO cornerback Otis Jacobs flips his commitment from TAMU to Tennessee. He's a mid-term enrollee. Awesome pickup. Awesomer first name.
Awesomer movie.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWLgjvfzWfQ/Tk3wrSf0pqI/AAAAAAAABs4/_cqIyNHc3KY/s400/milo-and-otis2.jpg

JRTPlaya21
12-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Very nice!!

Hines
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Looks like Spence commited to Ohio State. ****. My. Life.

JoeJoeBrown
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Loving it. The DL is absolutely stacked for the next few years.

Pat Sims 90
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Have not seen anything on it yet but if true that DE depth for Ohio State is sick.

JRTPlaya21
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Have not seen anything on it yet but if true that DE depth for Ohio State is sick.

It's confirmed all over twitter and Noah Spence tweeted it himself. "Ohio State buckeye nation lets go!!"

Pat Sims 90
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
It's confirmed all over twitter and Noah Spence tweeted it himself. "Ohio State buckeye nation lets go!!"

Yea i just saw it on ESPN too.

critesy
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM

yeah this sucks, he played auburn hard but whatever. while having him would of been super awesome.. auburn has their fair share of rb's still.

Complex
12-19-2011, 02:05 AM

I told you guys that once Urban signed to call him your new overlord. Ohio State on top once again well maybe not this season but next for sure.

Smooth Criminal
12-19-2011, 06:45 AM
His recruiting has been ridiculous. I'd love to see what he's going to do with a full season of recruiting. Not to mention what he should do to our offense. I'm very excited to see what he can do with Braxton.

BuckeyeDan17
12-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Dude, all of this DL is great but what about our o-line for the future? Think we will hit that harder in 2013?

keylime_5
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
They are targetting 4* OT Kyle Dodson and 5* OT Jordan Diamond. We'll get Dodson and Diamond's leader right now is clearly OSU, but he's not announcing his decision until signing day. We are also in on 4* OT Joey O'Connor who was another Penn State decommit. I think they'll get Dodson and at least one more blue chip OT this year, so OLIne recruiting (specifically OT recruiting) has been in full blast since Urban was hired.

BuckeyeDan17
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Forgot about Diamond, didn't realize we led. Also, what are the realistic chances we rob Wisky for Dodson? He taking a visit to C-bus or something? Made promising statements?

JRTPlaya21
12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Chris Long's younger brother Kyle to Oregon. He was a highly sought out OT back in 08 but decided to go the baseball route at FSU then transferred to JUCO out west

keylime_5
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Forgot about Diamond, didn't realize we led. Also, what are the realistic chances we rob Wisky for Dodson? He taking a visit to C-bus or something? Made promising statements?

he already visited columbus and rumors are that he is a silent to ohio state. might visit USC and he already visited auburn. the insiders are extremely confident we land him fwiw. He isn't going to wisconsin though, that's for sure.

MassNole
12-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Chris Long's younger brother Kyle to Oregon. He was a highly sought out OT back in 08 but decided to go the baseball route at FSU then transferred to JUCO out west
He only has 1 year of eligibility though IIRC.

iowatreat54
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM
They are targetting 4* OT Kyle Dodson and 5* OT Jordan Diamond. We'll get Dodson and Diamond's leader right now is clearly OSU, but he's not announcing his decision until signing day. We are also in on 4* OT Joey O'Connor who was another Penn State decommit. I think they'll get Dodson and at least one more blue chip OT this year, so OLIne recruiting (specifically OT recruiting) has been in full blast since Urban was hired.

It's ok, you guys can have Diamond and for the next 4 years Jaleel Johnson will just make him his ***** like he did for one play in a random drill during the AA combine last summer. Actually, he won't even face Jaleel because he'll be at DT, so Faith with just go all Ekakitie on Diamond.

Also, all your 2* DBs are belong to us. And Iowa put all their RB eggs in the Greg Garmon basket, and he's probably going to Miami or Arkansas now. Winning.

draftguru151
12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Yea we've heard good things about Garmon.

Giantsfan1080
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Quanzell Lambert is down to his final 3 and will be announcing January 3. His final three are Rutgers, Iowa, and Nebraska. It sounds like it's between Rutgers and Nebraska though.

iowatreat54
12-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Iowa will sign Garmon and Lambert...suckerssss.

Oh, and we recently got a verbal from a 6'2 WR from Canada. His name is Tevaun Smith and if you look up his highlight video, it's hilarious. It looks like he's a senior in HS playing vs. a pop warner team. His competition in Canada was so bad as a Junior, he move to CT for his senior year and only has offers from Temple and UConn. Supposedly runs a 4.4 40 though, so there's that.

But seriously, watch his highlight video for lulz. I'd link, but can't look up the youtubez at work.

Giantsfan1080
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Iowa is clearly behind the other 2 teams right now. You only have a shot because his best friend plays at Iowa and that kid's mom kills Rutgers because we didn't offer him.

iowatreat54
12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Pretty much. Nebraska fans were telling Iowa fans that they felt they were out of it, but who knows.

I seriously doubt we get him (or Garmon). If we do, happy fun time will commence. I don't really mind with Lambert because we seem to be able to fill in with defensive recruits well enough, but the fact that we basically told off all RB recruits just to focus on Garmon is going to bite us in the ass. We had a few who loved us that weren't bad either...sigh...

sbh15
12-20-2011, 11:38 PM
apparently stefon diggs has very legitimate interest in uva

Hines
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
apparently stefon diggs has very legitimate interest in uva

London is going to have that program contending very, very soon.

critesy
12-21-2011, 12:33 AM
auburn got a commit from a 3* OT Robert Leff. 6-6 260. has long arms and is really athletic, just needs to be put through a S&C program for a couple years.

was commited to southern miss.

CashmoneyDrew
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM

And this guy flipped back to TAMU today. What a shuck.

MassNole
12-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Former FSU commitment (2010) DT Damien Jacobs signed as a Juco with Florida.

Any word on CB Travell Dixon? Heard he was signing this afternoon but not announcing til 8pm on Facebook/Twitter.

CashmoneyDrew
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Former FSU commitment (2010) DT Damien Jacobs signed as a Juco with Florida.

Any word on CB Travell Dixon? Heard he was signing this afternoon but not announcing til 8pm on Facebook/Twitter.

What a jerk.

JRTPlaya21
12-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Gunner Kiel to LSU.

dannyz
12-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Gunner Kiel to LSU.

Good pick up for LSU. Kiel can sit and learn in 2012.

MassNole
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Just learned Auburn commitment, 4* WR Ricardo Louis will visit FSU.

Grizzlegom
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Penn State just got Jamil Pollard (again)

JRTPlaya21
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Hahahah nice job USC.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1313785

Punisher
01-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Hahahah nice job USC.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1313785

Just shows he was not that interested in SC in the first place. If you truly admire a school, a few tweets in a couple of hours is not going to change that.

iowatreat54
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
4* RB/ATH Greg Garmon to Iowa over Miami and Arkansas I believe. Huge get for us.

4* LB Quanzell Lambert deciding at the end of the week supposedly between Iowa, Nebraska, and Rutgers. Could be a big week for Iowa.

draftguru151
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Yea we need to get Wes Brown.

MassNole
01-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Long shot, but 5* OL Andrus Peat is visiting FSU on January 20.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2012, 06:41 AM
4* RB/ATH Greg Garmon to Iowa over Miami and Arkansas I believe. Huge get for us.

4* LB Quanzell Lambert deciding at the end of the week supposedly between Iowa, Nebraska, and Rutgers. Could be a big week for Iowa.

Lambert is announcing at 2 today.

iowatreat54
01-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Lambert is announcing at 2 today.

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Hear anything where he's leaning? Iowa fans think Nebraska, Nebraska fans think Iowa, and everything else I've read think Rutgers.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong!

Hear anything where he's leaning? Iowa fans think Nebraska, Nebraska fans think Iowa, and everything else I've read think Rutgers.

The last I've read is that Rutgers is optimistic about their chances but I guess we won't know until 2.

Hines
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Lambert to Rutgers.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Lambert to Rutgers.

You couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to do it right?

Lambert to Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hines
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
You couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to do it right?

Lambert to Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course not!!

iowatreat54
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Awesome get for you guys. I didn't really think we would get him, but it would have been nice. I'd much rather you guys than Nebraska. Congrats.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Awesome get for you guys. I didn't really think we would get him, but it would have been nice. I'd much rather you guys than Nebraska. Congrats.

Thanks. It wasn't really looking good for him until about a month ago. Lambert and a good amount of the remaining big time NJ recruits are very close also so this is a good sign for some of the other guys like Hamilton and possibly Fuller. Shumate is a ND lock at this point it looks like unless he's playing everyone real good.

iowatreat54
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks. It wasn't really looking good for him until about a month ago. Lambert and a good amount of the remaining big time NJ recruits are very close also so this is a good sign for some of the other guys like Hamilton and possibly Fuller. Shumate is a ND lock at this point it looks like unless he's playing everyone real good.

Do you know anything about 2013 DT Greg Webb? The teaser on Iowa's site looks like it says that he mentioned Iowa is his favorite, and he's apparently from the same school as Lambert and current Iowa player Quinton Alston. Probably too early to tell I'm sure, but he has a load of offers from some big boys already.

RUSF18
01-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Do you know anything about 2013 DT Greg Webb? The teaser on Iowa's site looks like it says that he mentioned Iowa is his favorite, and he's apparently from the same school as Lambert and current Iowa player Quinton Alston. Probably too early to tell I'm sure, but he has a load of offers from some big boys already.

Yeah I think it's too soon. But Webb was a guy that Lambert mentioned by name in his interview as being one of those he's already working on recruiting.

draftguru151
01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Everyone make sure to watch the best player in the world tonight aka Duuuuuuuuke Johnson.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Webb's going to be a monster. Timber Creek was important for us to begin a pipeline because they have some major talent coming out of there now. Webb is already getting major offers from everywhere and I believe already got an invite for the Army game also. I know we're outside of his top 6 right now but I'm not sure who he listed that was in it. Lambert was a big get not only because of the player he is but all the younger guys look up to him as well so it could pay dividends in the future.

As for Rutgers to finish out the year I just went Hamilton, Brodie, Wartman, and possibly Fuller. Throw in Thomas as well and this class would be amazing. I don't see Fuller choosing us at this point though.

JRTPlaya21
01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Barry Sanders to Stanford according to reports & ESPN bottomline.

Complex
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Mario Edwards is a big kid.

Hines
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Wes Brown to Maryland. Wow.

iowatreat54
01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
4* MN WR Andre McDonald has opened up his recruitment after the coach that recruited him to Vandy left to join the staff at Illinois. He will visit Minnesota and Illinois, and some Iowa fans are starting rumors that he's going to visit Iowa as well.

From what I've read, he really liked the coach (Beatty..sp?) that left for Illinois, so I'd guess he ends up there...unfortunately.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
4* MN WR Andre McDonald has opened up his recruitment after the coach that recruited him to Vandy left to join the staff at Illinois. He will visit Minnesota and Illinois, and some Iowa fans are starting rumors that he's going to visit Iowa as well.

From what I've read, he really liked the coach (Beatty..sp?) that left for Illinois, so I'd guess he ends up there...unfortunately.
He's insanely dramatic. I think a lot of Gophers fans don't even want him anymore.

Hines
01-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Giantfan, seems like Wartman doesn't like the hire and could end up at Rutgers. TIFWIW, though.

iowatreat54
01-07-2012, 12:44 AM
He's insanely dramatic. I think a lot of Gophers fans don't even want him anymore.

Sounds about right. At least this time he actually has a legit reason to make a fuss and switch.

I really don't want him at Iowa at this point either, but I just don't want him going to Illinois.

Giantsfan1080
01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Giantfan, seems like Wartman doesn't like the hire and could end up at Rutgers. TIFWIW, though.

Schiano had an in home visit with him 2 days ago but he's waiting to decide if he wants to take an official here. He won't meet O'Brien obviously but if Vandy stays then it'll be 50/50 between us. Did Pollard really de-commit again?

Hines
01-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Schiano had an in home visit with him 2 days ago but he's waiting to decide if he wants to take an official here. He won't meet O'Brien obviously but if Vandy stays then it'll be 50/50 between us. Did Pollard really de-commit again?

Haven't heard anything about Pollard. I could even be offbase on Wartman since he's the one who kept telling Pollard to commit again. I don't know. If LJ and/or Vandy stay, I think both stay. I'm not sure who of the two I'd want most to stay.

draftguru151
01-07-2012, 10:56 AM
LA DT Jacoby Briscoe commits to Miami. Offer list is blowing up recently. Sounds good for LA RB Devante Bourque as well.

draftguru151
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Deon Bush to the Canes!!!!

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Congrats on the pickup my friend. Kid is a stud.

draftguru151
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
He was fairly average this past year but his tools are fantastic at both corner and safety. Great length and hips, should have a chance to play early.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 12:13 PM
See this is the game I look forward to most. UA game isn't bad but no tradition like the Army one.

critesy
01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Deon Bush to the Canes!!!!

gah, great pickup. very athletic kid.

sbh15
01-07-2012, 01:26 PM
gunner kiel looks like absolute garbage if you ask me

draftguru151
01-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Tyriq McCord to Miami!!!!!! Two big gets on defense for Al today!

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Ellis McCarthy to Cal. Huge pickup.

draftguru151
01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Prep WR Robert Lockhart flips from Virginia Tech to Miami. Holy crap.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Shaq Thompson to Cal. No shock there he was committed there before.

Complex
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Shaq Thompson going to Cal. Cal must be breaking bread.

Giantsfan1080
01-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Tosh is lining the hats with money.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Jonathan Bullard to UF

Hines
01-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Kent Taylor could decommit from Florida.

Miaoww
01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Believe in Al Golden.

sbh15
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Kent Taylor could decommit from Florida.

“It depends on who Florida gets for their new offensive coordinator,” Taylor said. “It depends on whether I like him or not. Maybe I will. But if they get someone I like then Florida is where I want to go.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/southeast/post?id=1843

hawkeye123
01-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Wow what a day for Cal! Now they just got to lock up Armstead and they'll be set for challenging the Pac 12 North.

BigJohn98
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Ronald Darby decommits from ND. He's expected to visit FSU this weekend.

:)

Bulldogs
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Iowa will sign Garmon and Lambert...suckerssss.

Oh, and we recently got a verbal from a 6'2 WR from Canada. His name is Tevaun Smith and if you look up his highlight video, it's hilarious. It looks like he's a senior in HS playing vs. a pop warner team. His competition in Canada was so bad as a Junior, he move to CT for his senior year and only has offers from Temple and UConn. Supposedly runs a 4.4 40 though, so there's that.

But seriously, watch his highlight video for lulz. I'd link, but can't look up the youtubez at work.

Tevaun chose not to play Summer league football, which is the highest level in Ontario. Typically the good players either don't play high school ball or don't care about it here, which is why he looked so good against some of these kids. Many of them were probably in their first year playing football. Regardless of that, he played pretty well for Team World, and I think he will surprise you with what he's able to do.

JRTPlaya21
01-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Jordan Jenkins to UGA. Great pickup.

bearsfan_51
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Tevin Coleman (RB/WR) commits to Indiana. A bit of a surprise considering he had offers from five other Big Ten schools.

iowatreat54
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Tevin Coleman (RB/WR) commits to Indiana. A bit of a surprise considering he had offers from five other Big Ten schools.

I figured he wasn't coming to Iowa once we got Garmon, and I think we wanted him at DB. Indiana will definitely be able to use his skills at RB, or they should.

I think this all but seals up IL RB David Smith to Oklahoma. They recently offered, and before that he was high on both Iowa and Indiana.

Giantsfan1080
01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Looks like Denman is going to be leaving Wisconsin for either Pitt or Rutgers by the time Signing Day rolls around.

Also, teams are backing off Yuri Wright a little which has put Rutgers back into a good position with him.

mellojello
01-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Wow what a day for Cal! Now they just got to lock up Armstead and they'll be set for challenging the Pac 12 North.

Arik Armstead supposedly making his decision by Sunday or Monday.

critesy
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Arik Armstead supposedly making his decision by Sunday or Monday.

hes coming to auburn this weekend for an OV, but i dont expect much from it.

JRTPlaya21
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Could be a packaged deal since it's looking like his older brother is gonna leave USC.

mellojello
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Could be a packaged deal since it's looking like his older brother is gonna leave USC.

That would be quite a package.

critesy
01-11-2012, 06:34 PM
yeah ive read armond would like to transfer to wherever arik goes.

Punisher
01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
hes coming to auburn this weekend for an OV, but i dont expect much from it.

Yeah, Arik needs to go ahead and announce for Cal already.

While he's at it, he needs to understand he is a future 1st round left tackle and a mid round pick at best as a defensive lineman.

SickwithIt1010
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM

While he's at it, he needs to understand he is a future 1st round left tackle and a mid round pick at best as a defensive lineman.

Yeah, hes a future all pro as a left tackle...one of the best ive ever seen...and give up on the basketball dream too kid.

Punisher
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, hes a future all pro as a left tackle...one of the best ive ever seen...and give up on the basketball dream too kid.

He probably thinks he's a model too.

Hines
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Demetrious Cox has cancelled his official visit to Ohio State this weekend and will be up at PSU. I hope this means he'll commit this weekend. He was pretty much a lock before all this **** with PSU broke out.

critesy
01-12-2012, 10:23 AM
so patrick miller, 6-7 280 OT rivals100 prospect, committed to lsu awhile ago. hes an early enrolee and instead of reporting to lsu today he told the auburn coaches he was coming to auburn instead of lsu and is in classes today.

i will never fully understand recruiting, bizarre.

JoeJoeBrown
01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
so patrick miller, 6-7 280 OT rivals100 prospect, committed to lsu awhile ago. hes an early enrolee and instead of reporting to lsu today he told the auburn coaches he was coming to auburn instead of lsu and is in classes today.

i will never fully understand recruiting, bizarre.

That's why this recruiting stuff is so weird. A bunch of grown men trying to figure out the mind of a 17-18 year old star athlete. Even the kids with brains often have no clue what they are doing.

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
The top junior college defensive tackle according to rivals just committed to the Vols. 6'6" 380! 0_o

critesy
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
hes definitely not small.

gonzo1105
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
That's why this recruiting stuff is so weird. A bunch of grown men trying to figure out the mind of a 17-18 year old star athlete. Even the kids with brains often have no clue what they are doing.

Apparently this is lsus fault. Lsu was going to have 6 enrollies coming in the spring but only had 5 scholarships to give. They asked Miller to pay for the spring semester and then would put him on scholly. Miller refused and enrolled at Auburn instead.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Miami and Cincinnati currently have 31 verbals. -_-

draftguru151
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Miami and Cincinnati currently have 31 verbals. -_-

We have 8 EE spots and a ton of room because our giant ass 08 class is gone. Plus Dillard and possibly Jean-Louis are prep guys. We're signing at least 33, probably 35. Not like we're kicking guys out of the program (though there will be a few transfers from Shannon's guys).

bearsfan_51
01-13-2012, 06:06 PM
We have 8 EE spots and a ton of room because our giant ass 08 class is gone. Plus Dillard and possibly Jean-Louis are prep guys. We're signing at least 33, probably 35. Not like we're kicking guys out of the program (though there will be a few transfers from Shannon's guys).
Miami's APR is going to be turrrrrrrible. If the other issues don't lose them scholarships, that should.

draftguru151
01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Miami has been top 10 in the country the last few years, so I doubt it.

mellojello
01-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Eddie Goldman down to Auburn, Alabama, and Miami.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7445973/eddie-goldman-leans-mom-recruiting

draftguru151
01-13-2012, 08:50 PM
FSU is in there too, but it's gonna be hard to beat Bama. He had a great visit here but I think the threat of bad sanctions/negative recruiting are gonna be too much for Golden to overcome.

Giantsfan1080
01-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Rutgers is going to have a small class and still be top 25 in the country. Looks like we might close with Hamilton, Fuller, Wright, Brodie, and possibly Denman. Just crazy. Hamilton also is probably getting bumped up to top 3 in the country next week by Rivals.

Complex
01-14-2012, 04:38 PM
FSU is in there too, but it's gonna be hard to beat Bama. He had a great visit here but I think the threat of bad sanctions/negative recruiting are gonna be too much for Golden to overcome.

He was a Miami fan growing up so you have that going for you.

draftguru151
01-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Yea if it weren't for the Shapiro stuff I think we'd have gotten him (and possibly Stefon Diggs and Wes brown too). No chance at the other two now, we'll see on Goldman.

Complex
01-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Yea if it weren't for the Shapiro stuff I think we'd have gotten him (and possibly Stefon Diggs and Wes brown too). No chance at the other two now, we'll see on Goldman.

Why can't you get Diggs?

draftguru151
01-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Hasn't been interested in us since the allegations came out and his HC hates us now. He was an enormous Cane fan last spring though. :/

sbh15
01-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Why can't you get Diggs?

he's a little too preoccupied with the gata

MassNole
01-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Eddie Goldman down to Auburn, Alabama, and Miami.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7445973/eddie-goldman-leans-mom-recruiting
The article even says....

Goldman has it narrowed down to Alabama, Auburn, Florida State and Miami, and one thing is certain: His mom and the rest of the family will play a key role in the decision.

FSU loves their chances right now, more so after his lead recruiter left for UT.

draftguru151
01-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Davante Bourque commits to Tennessee.

Complex
01-15-2012, 12:39 PM
The article even says....

FSU loves their chances right now, more so after his lead recruiter left for UT.

What is the word on Mario Edwards? every LSU fan thinks thinks he is going to LSU. I keep telling them that he is FSU bound since the beginning.

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Davante Bourque commits to Tennessee.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1232550815_bush%20doing%20the%20happy%20dance.gif

MassNole
01-15-2012, 03:42 PM
What is the word on Mario Edwards? every LSU fan thinks thinks he is going to LSU. I keep telling them that he is FSU bound since the beginning.

Texas made a big push, but from all accounts his visit went perfectly (talk about a good weekend with the hoops team beating UNC with them in attendance) and he was recruiting for FSU all weekend. But he can be very swayed by visits so LSU could have a shot with a great visit, but in the end it would take a miracle for him not to be a Nole.

draftguru151
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
2013 DT Keith Bryant and 2013 ATH Jayron Kearse (former Auburn commit) commit to Miami! There was also a third commit that hasn't been reported yet.

Complex
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
2013 DT Keith Bryant and 2013 ATH Jayron Kearse (former Auburn commit) commit to Miami! There was also a third commit that hasn't been reported yet.

Do you have subscription to Rivals or something? Jayron needs to gain some weight so he can be like Jevon.

draftguru151
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Yea but there is also a Cane board the reports all the commits for free as well as a recruiting board that I get most of my info from.

RB Alex Collins is the third commit. Things also sound good for DE Jordan Sherit and DT Deadrin Senat. Kearse is a freak but is super thin right now, probably a WR here but might play defense. Bryant is a big time DT prospect, amazing quickness. Collins is a solid player but Florida is stacked at RB so the early take is a bit odd.

Golden ain't playing.

keylime_5
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Taylor Decker switched his commitment to Ohio State. Also, Joey O'Connor was offered today by us, expected to verbal soon. I think he was a former Penn State commit. Urban is poaching the **** out of the guys he wants B)

Complex
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Yea but there is also a Cane board the reports all the commits for free as well as a recruiting board that I get most of my info from.

RB Alex Collins is the third commit. Things also sound good for DE Jordan Sherit and DT Deadrin Senat. Kearse is a freak but is super thin right now, probably a WR here but might play defense. Bryant is a big time DT prospect, amazing quickness. Collins is a solid player but Florida is stacked at RB so the early take is a bit odd.

Golden ain't playing.

May I ask which board?

draftguru151
01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
theringer.com

mellojello
01-15-2012, 07:17 PM

http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archives/2012/01/arik-armstead-h.html

Not a lock to Cal at all. He's currently enrolled at Cal, ND, and Auburn, so it seems to me all are legit possibilities. Either way, decision supposedly coming tomorrow.

Punisher
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archives/2012/01/arik-armstead-h.html

Not a lock to Cal at all. He's currently enrolled at Cal, ND, and Auburn, so it seems to me all are legit possibilities. Either way, decision supposedly coming tomorrow.

1.)CAL

2.)ND
3.)AU

JRTPlaya21
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
New rivals 5 stars.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1319242

Giantsfan1080
01-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Tosh Lupoi moved from Cal to Washington. We might see a lot of those Cal commits switch.

asdf1223
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Tosh Lupoi moved from Cal to Washington. We might see a lot of those Cal commits switch.

Wow. That's a ridiculous hire. U-Dub's going to have one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the entire nation. They have done well recruting offensive skill players and QB's. Hopefully they get some stud defensive commits.

MassNole
01-16-2012, 03:25 PM
New rivals 5 stars.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1319242

SHOCKED Dante Fowler Jr. got his 5th star back after losing it earlier.

JoeJoeBrown
01-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow. That's a ridiculous hire. U-Dub's going to have one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the entire nation. They have done well recruting offensive skill players and QB's. Hopefully they get some stud defensive commits.

They are spending the money up there. There is no reason that Washington should be as bad as they have the past decade. Hopefully they keep on improving.

Good school, lots of resources, great city.

Notredameleo
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Rumors that Kiel, and both Armsteads to ND.

BigJohn98
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM

He is going to FSU. He has developed relationships with other FSU commits, and he doesn't know any of the LSU commits. He said his visit this weekend was perfect.

As for Eddie Goldman, it's an FSU-Bama battle IMO. I'd give FSU the slight edge.

diabsoule
01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks like Gunner Kiel has decommitted to LSU and will be enrolling at Notre Dame

Punisher
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Looks like Gunner Kiel has decommitted to LSU and will be enrolling at Notre Dame

Good news for SC fans ;)

In other news, 5 star safety Shaq Thompson is heavily considering switching to Washington now with Tosh already recruiting him.

Arik Armstead now looks like ND's to lose.

SickwithIt1010
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I could care less if ND gets Arik at this point, they are probably dumb enough to let him play defense, where he is not spectacular by any means. If he plays OT...thats when ill be pissed, i just dont see it happenning.

critesy
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
As for Eddie Goldman, it's an FSU-Bama battle IMO. I'd give FSU the slight edge.

i wouldnt count auburn out of goldman just yet. this staff has shown they can close strong.

critesy
01-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I could care less if ND gets Arik at this point, they are probably dumb enough to let him play defense, where he is not spectacular by any means. If he plays OT...thats when ill be pissed, i just dont see it happenning.

its just getting him on campus and then convincing him that hes an all star at OT. or something like that.

draftguru151
01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE. About time he got his 5th star!

mellojello
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Hearing about 550k for defensive line coach & run game coordinator. Is this typical compensation?

bearsfan_51
01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Hearing about 550k for defensive line coach & run game coordinator. Is this typical compensation?
Depends on what his actual responsibilities are as a "run game coordinator"

For a position coach, that's very high. For a coordinator, it's high but not unreasonable.

Just checked, it will make him the 2nd highest paid assistant at Washington. The highest paid assistant at Cal makes 245k, Lupoi was making 164k.

Babylon
01-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm sure it was mentioned already that Nick Montana is transferring from the UW. That one was pretty obvious for some time now.

Gunner Kiel to Notre Dame makes a lot more sense with the QB situation at both schools. I think i could beat that group they have there in South Bend and it is in Indiana last time i looked.

mellojello
01-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Depends on what his actual responsibilities are as a "run game coordinator"

For a position coach, that's very high. For a coordinator, it's high but not unreasonable.

Just checked, it will make him the 2nd highest paid assistant at Washington. The highest paid assistant at Cal makes 245k, Lupoi was making 164k.

The 164k does not include a "talent fee." Rumor had it that Cal matched UW's first offer of $350k. Ed O at SC supposedly makes around 600k, so basically,
550k a lot of $$$ to turn down.

CashmoneyDrew
01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Gunner Kiel to Notre Dame makes a lot more sense with the QB situation at both schools. I think i could beat that group they have there in South Bend and it is in Indiana last time i looked.

Rees>>> Whatever LSU has.

SickwithIt1010
01-16-2012, 10:05 PM

This...

...and the sad thing is, that isnt saying much.

JRTPlaya21
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
LOL poor Tigers

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-01-16/gunner-kiel-leaves-lsu-will-join-notre-dame/52607324/1

sbh15
01-16-2012, 11:38 PM
i thought gunner kiel looked like the worst qb in any of the aa games, so i wouldn't be sweating it if i were a tiger fan

JRTPlaya21
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Ellis McCarthy to UCLA now.

hawkeye123
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Ellis McCarthy to UCLA now.

This lose doesn't nearly concern me as much as losing Shaquille Thompson would.

wicket
01-17-2012, 04:34 AM

really funny

Whoever anyone has >>>>>>> rees

mellojello
01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
The 164k does not include a "talent fee." Rumor had it that Cal matched UW's first offer of $350k. Ed O at SC supposedly makes around 600k, so basically,
550k a lot of $$$ to turn down.

So, I'm hearing Lupoi got 650k plus a car, a boat, and a house. That's big boy money and a lot of $$$ for someone with only a few years of DL coaching experience. Strong move my UW.

Babylon
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
So, I'm hearing Lupoi got 650k plus a car, a boat, and a house. That's big boy money and a lot of $$$ for someone with only a few years of DL coaching experience. Strong move my UW.

Don James used to get a house right on Lake Washington and i think they all get a car from a local Bellevue Mercedes dealership. There is a lot of money in that Bellevue/Mercer Island area near Husky Stadium and they dont mind throwing it around. The local highschool over there where DeCastro and some of those guys went is called hottub high.

Punisher
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Big boy money for a recruiting coordinator. Tosh is a gem though.With Wilcox,Sarkisian, and now Tosh on the recruiting trail, Washington is going to start taking a lot of recruits away from Oregon and USC.

JoeJoeBrown
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
O'Conner to OSU. Another steal from PSU.

asdf1223
01-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Washington hires Cal's WR coach, Eric Kiesau to be their OC. This has to really really hurt their recruiting class.

Hines
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
O'Conner to OSU. Another steal from PSU.

Everyone expected this. If Williams and/or Reeves went, now that would be heartbreaking.

djp
01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Duke Johnson finally got his fifth star.. about damn time.

keylime_5
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Everyone expected this. If Williams and/or Reeves went, now that would be heartbreaking.

I think Williams is a done deal, just has to show his mom the campus and he'll make the switch official. Don't know about Reeves though, he's supposed to visit I guess and they will probably offer and if he wants to go where Williams is going then it'd be bad news for Penn State.

It's a ****** time for Penn State right now, it is a guilty feeling to gloat over stealing their recruits. I have no shame in stealing from Notre Dame though right now :D We took two of their best coaches, Ed Warinner and Tim Hinton from their coaching staff and flipped Taylor Decker and might steal another target or two from the Irish.

JoeJoeBrown
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I think Williams is a done deal, just has to show his mom the campus and he'll make the switch official. Don't know about Reeves though, he's supposed to visit I guess and they will probably offer and if he wants to go where Williams is going then it'd be bad news for Penn State.

It's a ****** time for Penn State right now, it is a guilty feeling to gloat over stealing their recruits. I have no shame in stealing from Notre Dame though right now :D We took two of their best coaches, Ed Warinner and Tim Hinton from their coaching staff and flipped Taylor Decker and might steal another target or two from the Irish.

Yeah, no need to gloat. I will occasionally joke, however.

What's really messed up is that they don't even have the head coach out there recruiting yet. If they go to the Super Bowl, he has absolutely zero time to close before signing day.

wicket
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM

im bummed with losing hinton, not happy with losing decker but kinda happy yall took warriner

keylime_5
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
If you had Jim Bollman as his replacement you would probably resort to human sacrifices to get Warinner back though. Almost everyone hates their OL coach and their OC in football.

wicket
01-17-2012, 04:51 PM
If you had Jim Bollman as his replacement you would probably resort to human sacrifices to get Warinner back though. Almost everyone hates their OL coach and their OC in football.

i like my saints OC and OL :)

Warriner is a good coach but one selfish fug and we have another OLine coach on staff already

Notredameleo
01-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Who are these other targets you may steal?

keylime_5
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
eh, i guess we wouldn't be really stealing them from ND but there are just some guys for 2012 and '13 that are interested in both OSU and ND.

mellojello
01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Washington hires Cal's WR coach, Eric Kiesau to be their OC. This has to really really hurt their recruiting class.I'm hearing 700k+ for this guy. Definitely hurts Cal, but not sure how much it will help UW. Now I know Sark is smoking something.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/01/17/taylor-alabama/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

Oversigning is still evil, but the SEC is now slightly less ****** about it.

keylime_5
01-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Whatever. They can still sign 25 guys a year and then cut the dead weight. Very little is going to change. Those teams usually signed about that many per year anyways. Most schools usually sign 25 one year, 20 another year, maybe even 18 or so another year. Only the oversigners sign 25-28 every single year. Total BS. The NCAA needs to do something about these kids already on scholarship getting kicked off the team. People wonder why LSU and Alabama and Auburn, etc. are playing in the title game every year and putting more people into the NFL now.

asdf1223
01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm hearing 700k+ for this guy. Definitely hurts Cal, but not sure how much it will help UW. Now I know Sark is smoking something.

Might as well spend a few more dollars and buy the State of California. All of their coaching hires so far are people who have top notch recruiting resumes , so I guess they are trying to go really hard on that side.

MaxV
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Penn State offered OL named Wendy.

http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=8&c=1&nid=5882731

I bet this kid has A LOT of stored up anger.

holt_bruce81
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
When's signing day? What's your guys' prediction on DGB?

Complex
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Might as well spend a few more dollars and buy the State of California. All of their coaching hires so far are people who have top notch recruiting resumes , so I guess they are trying to go really hard on that side.

Jake Locker wonders where is this money coming from and why wasn't it available when he was there.

Complex
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
When's signing day? What's your guys' prediction on DGB?

Feb 1st I think and Arkansas.

keylime_5
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
signing day is always the first wednesday in february.

general consensus seems to be DGB to the Razorbacks. Would fit in well with Bobby Petrino's offense and I would wager the kid will have a monster freshman year with Tyler Wilson throwing to him - similar to what AJ Green did as a freshman with Matthew Stafford tossing him the rock.