PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

holt_bruce81
01-18-2012, 12:38 PM
NO!

The Answer we were looking for was "Missouri Tigers".......Missouri tigers there. Thanks for playing though.

Giantsfan1080
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
It's only 1 game but I wasn't that impressed with DGB in the Army game. He needs to add some muscle which I'm sure he'll do quick enough.

Smooth Criminal
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Perkins commits to OSU today according to ESPN.

hawkeye123
01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Armond also said that the news of former Cal defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi leaving to Washington meant that the Golden Bears were no longer a school of choice for Arik Armstead.

Looks like ND's gonna get this guy

critesy
01-18-2012, 01:37 PM

or auburn, theyre seeing if armond can get a waiver or else they would already be at ND

mellojello
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Might as well spend a few more dollars and buy the State of California. All of their coaching hires so far are people who have top notch recruiting resumes , so I guess they are trying to go really hard on that side.Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.

wicket
01-18-2012, 04:52 PM

i would love it but i dont think so tbqh

mellojello
01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
TIFWIW, but I am hearing from a pretty reliable source that Tosh Lupoi will get a bonus for every 4* or 5* he recruits to UDUB.

critesy
01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.

we all know its sarks offense though so the OC is really just a guy who can develop people i would think.

Punisher
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Any Gators fans want to make a bet Nelson Agoholar ends up at USC? :D

asdf1223
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Jake Locker wonders where is this money coming from and why wasn't it available when he was there.

Well if Jake Locker had all these resources he wouldn't have lasted till the Titans pick ;) . But yeah, Sark and Locker for all 5 years would have been ridiculous.

asdf1223
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Agreed, has to be about recruiting. I cannot begin to see how UDUB gets good ROI on this investment. Signing day is only two weeks away, so we'll see. To hire him as your OC though, did Sark see Cal's offense last year? There must be WR coaches all around the country wondering where they went wrong.

we all know its sarks offense though so the OC is really just a guy who can develop people i would think.

Yeah Sark's still the playcaller. Its more about a push to 2013 though, no Barkley , USC feels the bite of losing all those scholarships a heck a lot more and Pac-12 being much more wide open and Price hopefully in his senior year. I think they realize its going to be a down year for their class anyway. Hopefully Zach Banner or Shaq Thompson decide to change their minds.

JoeJoeBrown
01-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah Sark's still the playcaller. Its more about a push to 2013 though, no Barkley , USC feels the bite of losing all those scholarships a heck a lot more and Pac-12 being much more wide open and Price hopefully in his senior year. I think they realize its going to be a down year for their class anyway. Hopefully Zach Banner or Shaq Thompson decide to change their minds.

That's exactly the strategy a school like Washington should take. Have a peak every 3 or 4 years vs the every year target that works for a very few major programs.

It's not like I'm talking about sacrificing the other seasons, just about building a team that will have all of the parts every 3 years or so.

There are only so many 5 and 4 star players, and only a few schools are going to get those each and every year.

BigJohn98
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Cane fans, what are you hearing about Reggie Northrup? He is visiting FSU this weekend, and I think we have a good chance of turning him.

sbh15
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Any Gators fans want to make a bet Nelson Agoholar ends up at USC? :D

i'm pretty sure florida gets him, but i wouldn't bet on it (since it's recruiting and a month from now he could be feeling uga for all we know *knocks on wood*)

draftguru151
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Cane fans, what are you hearing about Reggie Northrup? He is visiting FSU this weekend, and I think we have a good chance of turning him.

Not expecting him in our class.

Punisher
01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
i'm pretty sure florida gets him, but i wouldn't bet on it (since it's recruiting and a month from now he could be feeling uga for all we know *knocks on wood*)

I'd say it's 60-40 Fla/USC right now. I know he was a silent at one time,(who isn't to any school at one point? :p) but didn't want to commit due to being harassed by locals. This coming from one of the insiders who has a friend on the USC team who speaks with Nelson here and there.

It's recruiting though so who knows...

holt_bruce81
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Ah ****, get it Gary!

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-20120118-001,0,4278403.premiumvideo

Thank god he wasn't driving.

ZRO
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
LMAO @ the helicopter. That reeks of desperation though. I think DGB is going to Arky.

holt_bruce81
01-19-2012, 12:58 PM
LMAO @ the helicopter. That reeks of desperation though. I think DGB is going to Arky.

Hey it worked with Blaine Gabbert and Sheldon Richardson.

ZRO
01-19-2012, 01:06 PM
DGB strikes me as a pretty level-headed kid though, not that they weren't, but I dunno. Even in that video, when Pinkel walked up to him he had a look on his face like, "Uh, seriously?"

MassNole
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Per Warchant.com, Mario Edwards Jr. has dropped Texas from consideration.

keylime_5
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Trotwood (OH) Madison 5 star cornerback Cameron Burrows is 2013 verbal #1 for Ohio State.

JoeJoeBrown
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Trotwood (OH) Madison 5 star cornerback Cameron Burrows is 2013 verbal #1 for Ohio State.

That's all sorts of awesome. The 2013 class should be ridiculous.

The 2012 class went from something like 16 on Rivals to 3 since Meyer has been there 1.5 months. That's sick.

keylime_5
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
There was an article in the sports section today in Columbia, SC about Steve Spurrier talking about cutting some players to get to the 85 man limit. It reminds me of this doozy:

http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/2011/02/28/nutt-petrino-and-spurrier-all-defend-oversigning/

[Spurrier] said the Big Ten, which has curbed oversigning for decades, is making a mistake by doing so. "I think that really hurts them a lot," Spurrier said. "They end up giving scholarships to a lot of walk-ons."

no **** sherlock! ever put a thought into WHY the Big Ten doesn't cut players and oversign? there's this little thing called ethics, but i guess being a dirtbag that doesn't register with him.

CashmoneyDrew
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Just to play devil's advocate and maybe start a shitstorm here, why shouldn't football teams be able to cut underachieving players? Academic scholarships drop students who don't meet their requirements...

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Just to play devil's advocate and maybe start a shitstorm here, why shouldn't football teams be able to cut underachieving players? Academic scholarships drop students who don't meet their requirements...
When you receive an academic scholarship, it clearly states what standards you're expected to uphold or you will lose your scholarship. It's a contract.

No such guildelines exist for athletic scholarships. It's totally arbitrary and is constantly manipulated.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Oversigning is a lot like predatory loaning. Mostly rich white people exploiting under-educated black people. It's legal, but it doesn't make it any less dirty.

CashmoneyDrew
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Meh, like I said in the other thread. Miles, Saban, Spurrier, etc. have a proven history of this. These players know what they're getting into when committing to them, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.

Hines
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Nyeem Wartman is staying at PSU.

Hines
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Yuri Wright got kicked out of school for inappropriate Tweets. Stupid, very very stupid.

Here's a link to what the Tweets said:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/01/19/michigan-might-have-stopped-recruiting-yuri-wright-over-his-tweets/

Giantsfan1080
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
He didn't get kicked out of school because of that. It certainly played a role but no one knows the whole story right now.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Meh, like I said in the other thread. Miles, Saban, Spurrier, etc. have a proven history of this. These players know what they're getting into when committing to them, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
You are REALLY underestimated how stupid/uneducated the average SEC recruit is.

sbh15
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
You are REALLY underestimated how stupid/uneducated the average SEC recruit is.

i am really dissapoint

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Meh. Don't edit everything I type.

keylime_5
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Bearsfan covered it pretty well. Most of these kids are just in awe of the college experience, they don't understand that they might get shafted if they go to Alabama and aren't great players. They're like "I can go to Alabama!" or Missisippi State or wherever. Does anyone really think they are that informed about oversigning and cutting players? They think that they are getting a free college education to play football when they get these written offers that is fully guaranteed.

Besides that factor, how many of these kids (who are being told just how great they are by college coaches during the recruiting process) do you think believe that there is no way they'll end up being a casualty of oversigning? College recruits get their egos so inflated that they'll be great players in college that it doesn't cross their mind for a second. The next time I hear of a kid not wanting to go to an SEC school b/c they oversign will be the first. We can't blame the kids for this, it's 100% on the coaches and the NCAA for letting the loopholing slide.

It's also amazing how the big media just sweeps this issue under the rug for the most part. They might have a tiny article that isn't publicized very much, but for the most part people like ESPN ignore the SEC's advantage of oversigning. They acknowledge how much talent that conference has, but they ignore the obvious reason WHY they have so much more talent than any conference - they sign over 20 more people per year in that conference than in any other conference b/c they cut the dead weight.

CashmoneyDrew
01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Since when do you guys care so much about dumb people? I am disappoint in that. In that I am disappoint.

In the end people can blame the coaches all they want, but realistically it's on the NCAA for letting it be legal. Also, we as fans deserve part of the blame. Our passion has made college football so successful that it really and truly is a business. These coaches have to do what they have to do to maintain their job security. If they don't put out the wins their ass is out on the street looking for the next job.
And like I said, the recruits themselves deserve some of the blame.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, the obvious reason why they have so much more talent is because that talent comes primarily from the South.

That's actually what bothers me most about the SEC and oversigning. They already have a huge talent base advantage, they already have the lowest academic standards possible, to add the foul act of oversigning is just a bridge too far.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Since when do you guys care so much about dumb people? I am disappoint in that. In that I am disappoint.
At an individual level, honestly, I don't. If I met most of these players, I'd probably disdain them for being illiterate, arrogant, mysognists.

But I do care about what is right and what is fair. In my mind, oversigning is neither of those things.

Also, we as fans deserve part of the blame. Our passion has made college football so successful that it really and truly is a business.
Big Ten teams don't oversign. So, I actually can wash my hands on this.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2012, 09:24 PM
To be fair, at this point I would be ok with doing away with college sports and creating a minor league system for football and basketball. I think, on the whole, it would be bad for society, because it would mean the loss of a ton of scholarships for non-revenue generating sports. But, at the end of the day, at least it's honest and the players would have the right to their spoils.

keylime_5
01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
yeah, the talent level and admission standards add to it. but how amazing woudl USC or Ohio State be if they oversigned and cut players with the talent they sign every year? USC can bring in whoever they want out of the California hotbed, and Ohio State usually signs a top 5 class every year. Imagine if those two schools could sign 25+ every year instead of only 18 and 20 some years. Ohio State still put more people into the NFL than any school this past decade without oversigning. The likes of Mississippi State and Mississippi and South Carolina put a ton of people in the NFL despite not being a powerhouse b/c they can pick through more talent than other schools who would otherwise have more talent based on their recruiting classes like Notre Dame or Texas A&M or the like. South Carolina is in a renaissance of both NFL talent and wins on the field since they started oversigning. Before the days of oversigning the SEC wasn't the best conference and South Carolina for instance was terrible every single year.

There is no level playing ground in college football. THere will be SEC teams in the NC game every year as long as they let them cut players for no reason and sign a full class every year.

keylime_5
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
here is an article about Georgia and their stance against oversigning.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Article/McGarity-wants-to-curtail-oversigning-in-SEC-15582

this is why everytime I hear Georgia fans call for Richt's head, I sit in disbelief. He has won a lot without stooping to Saban or Miles or Spurrier's ethical standards. To keep that integrity and still win conference and divisional titles is quite a feat in that league.

asdf1223
01-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Jim Mora laughs at your oversigning complaints.

JoeJoeBrown
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
here is an article about Georgia and their stance against oversigning.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Article/McGarity-wants-to-curtail-oversigning-in-SEC-15582

this is why everytime I hear Georgia fans call for Richt's head, I sit in disbelief. He has won a lot without stooping to Saban or Miles or Spurrier's ethical standards. To keep that integrity and still win conference and divisional titles is quite a feat in that league.

Yeah, the win at all costs attitude, morals and rule following be damned has really soured me on CFB.

No school is immune from it, it cascades down from the most successful to the least successful.

And let us not forget that the sport was dirty pretty much from inception. Back in the old days, schools would use non-student ringers all of the time.

It's just that the vast amounts of money the sport generates now has propelled it into a whole different level of dirt.

BigJohn98
01-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Ricardo Louis switched from Auburn to FSU earlier today.

:)

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
LB Camren Williams switched from Penn State to Ohio State today as well.

JoeJoeBrown
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
LB Camren Williams switched from Penn State to Ohio State today as well.

R.I.P. Hines. He should have known this was coming and thusly prevented his heart attack.

Hines
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd be more upset if Reeves jumped to OSU more than Cam because we really really need Reeves.

Giantsfan1080
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Huge Rutgers weekend with all of our remaining top targets visiting including Hamilton and Fuller plus most of our committed guys. It looks like Denman is here this weekend also so I expect him to flip with all the uncertainty at Pitt. It's looking good for Hamilton, Fuller, Brodie, as of now. Should be a top 25 class when all is done which will be the best for Rutgers.

keylime_5
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
I'd be more upset if Reeves jumped to OSU more than Cam because we really really need Reeves.

well it's not looking good for that. Lots of people seem to think they were a package deal. I heard somewhere Reeves was torn 50/50 on OSU and Penn State. PSU is definitely in a rough patch and isn't the hot school right now to say the least. Urban is on a roll - 5 commits in the last 6 days (4 in a row).

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2012, 12:13 AM
well it's not looking good for that. Lots of people seem to think they were a package deal. I heard somewhere Reeves was torn 50/50 on OSU and Penn State. PSU is definitely in a rough patch and isn't the hot school right now to say the least. Urban is on a roll - 5 commits in the last 6 days (4 in a row).

What's funny is reading the BWI board. Good god those people are idiots. I hope that they don't represent the majority of PSU fans.

Giantsfan1080
01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Yuri Wright is at his official Rutgers visit.

Giantsfan1080
01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
What's funny is reading the BWI board. Good god those people are idiots. I hope that they don't represent the majority of PSU fans.

Have you not watched the cult of fans defend the Penn State brand the lat 3 months?

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Have you not watched the cult of fans defend the Penn State brand the lat 3 months?

Yeah there are some sick sick sick people on the BWI board. I mean, there is denial based on cognitive dissonance and then there is denial based on sheer insanity. BWI represents insanity.

JoeJoeBrown
01-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Yuri Wright is at his official Rutgers visit.

Kids are morons all of the time. Hopefully he learned a lesson and can move on. Would be huge for Rutgers if he went there.

Smooth Criminal
01-21-2012, 08:24 AM

Getting Reeves on top of this class would be awesome for Ohio State. Can't imagine the class getting to much better than it is now, but Meyer really took a class that looked very average and made them one of the top classes.

I can't wait to see what next years class looks like. Should be ridiculous.

keylime_5
01-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I still think Ohio State adds Jamal Marcus, Kyle Dodson, and Armani Reeves to this class. They are at least 50/50 on Davonte Neal and Jordan Diamond too......plus Demetrious Cox is visiting as we speak, no telling if he ends up here or not at this point but Urban is an incredible recruiter. There is a pretty decent chance OSU ends up with the #1 class on Rivals and maybe even Scout.com....Not that far behind Bama and Texas right now in the rankings.

CashmoneyDrew
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Tennessee picks up a commit from Rivals 250 CB Deion Bonner out of Georgia.

sbh15
01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
bryan cox jr commits to florida. or maybe he's just gucci mane. time will tell

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/74/74024aa388da41ebfea383fff73870c0/205498.jpg

MassNole
01-21-2012, 04:50 PM
bryan cox jr commits to florida. or maybe he's just gucci mane. time will tell

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/74/74024aa388da41ebfea383fff73870c0/205498.jpg
Son of the former Dolphins LB?

draftguru151
01-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Yea, transferred to St Thomas Aquinas this year. Average recruit though.

sbh15
01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
2013 florida rb adam lane commits to uf as well. much more excited about this one

Giantsfan1080
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
2013 florida rb adam lane commits to uf as well. much more excited about this one

He is the younger brother of Rutgers TE D.C. Jefferson. I was hoping maybe that would help us a little.

sbh15
01-22-2012, 02:56 AM
apparently bryan cox jr.'s father is good friends with darius hamilton's dad. could help the gators since this one is close.

MassNole
01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Yea, transferred to St Thomas Aquinas this year. Average recruit though.
STA really seems to specialize in getting one year kids.

draftguru151
01-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Ha, Cox was more of a case of moving from out of state and his dad getting to pick the school, but yea there is a bit of a them there. University School is another one down here that gets a lot of "transfers".

MassNole
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Unconfirmed reports Ronald Darby committed to FSU while on his OV to Clemson. He's looking for the best combination of Football and Track and well, FSU wins that going away between the other schools.

draftguru151
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Must have felt disrespected by Clemson's offer.

Hines
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
PSU landed three commits today in Da'Quan Davis, Trevor Williams, and Jordan Warner(Curt Warner's son). Davis and Williams were WVU commits and were prep teammates of PSU frosh Adrian Amos.

Giantsfan1080
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
apparently bryan cox jr.'s father is good friends with darius hamilton's dad. could help the gators since this one is close.

At this point if Hamilton doesn't go to Rutgers I'd be absolutely floored.

sbh15
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
At this point if Hamilton doesn't go to Rutgers I'd be absolutely floored.

it's a very, very close race. rutgers does lead, though

Notredameleo
01-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Unconfirmed reports Ronald Darby committed to FSU while on his OV to Clemson. He's looking for the best combination of Football and Track and well, FSU wins that going away between the other schools.

This makes me very very sad.

draftguru151
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Tracy Howard names a top 3 of FSU, UF and UM. Will visit Miami next weekend. Do work Al.

Some positive news coming out about Avery Young and UM.

sbh15
01-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Tracy Howard names a top 3 of FSU, UF and UM. Will visit Miami next weekend. Do work Al.

having a hard time believing florida won't get him

asdf1223
01-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Zach Banner the 5* Washington OT apparently loved his USC visit and might commit there on signing day. So all of the elite in state OL talent, two of whom are sons of former Husky's are going to end up elsewhere. That has to sting. Especially since OL's the team's biggest need.

Hines
01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Have fun at Ohio State, Armani....

Santonio10
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Penn State got its fourth commit yesterday in Akeel Lynch.

Smooth Criminal
01-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Saw the very unofficial report that Reeves is a verbal to OSU. Makes sense with Meyer having an in home visit today, but I'll wait for something much more official before I get excited.

SickwithIt1010
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Zach Banner the 5* Washington OT apparently loved his USC visit and might commit there on signing day. So all of the elite in state OL talent, two of whom are sons of former Husky's are going to end up elsewhere. That has to sting. Especially since OL's the team's biggest need.

Well we missed out on Armstead who is a future top 10 pick at OT and then looks like we will miss out on Peat as well. Banner is a nice consolation prize

sbh15
01-23-2012, 02:23 PM
alex mcallister to florida. another 3* defensive end... not sure what this means for darius hamilton. cox jr. and mcallister are both more along the lines of the buck position and hamilton is a traditional de, but taking 4 de's would be pretty surprising.

hawkeye123
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Anyone hear anything on Peat? Does Nebraska still have the lead for him?

JRTPlaya21
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Every expert is saying Peat to Nebraska on signing day.

keylime_5
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Saw the very unofficial report that Reeves is a verbal to OSU. Makes sense with Meyer having an in home visit today, but I'll wait for something much more official before I get excited.

I don't think he verballed anywhere yet. It's down to Ohio State and Michigan. Michigan visited him recently and Urban and co. have an in-home today.

MassNole
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
He canceled his FSU visit this weekend, he's Nebraska or Stanford bound.

MassNole
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
So who does everyone think they close with?

For FSU
5* DT Eddie Goldman
4/5* CB Ronald Darby
4* LB Reggie Northup
3/4* Juco OL Malik Watson
4* DE/DT Leonard Williams

Apparently Jimbo Fisher has the last in-home with Tracey Howard, but he is a big UF lean and they made up a lot of ground this weekend with Josh Harvey-Clemons (having all his Lowndes teammates can't hurt). If FSU gets JHC, cross off Northup.

keylime_5
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
4* OT Kyle Dodson
3/4* LB Jamal Marcus

I think those two for sure plus I'll say we're approximately 50/50 to land these guys (some are very hard to read):

4* CB Armani Reeves
4* S Demetrious Cox
5* OT Jordan Diamond
4/5* WR Davonte Neal

I know Northrup is visiting Ohio State this week, but there are rumors that he is a FSU silent, so I have no idea how that will go - plus Jamal Marcus might commit by that time and he would be our fifth linebacker commit, I don't think they would take 6.

Punisher
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM

1a) Nebraska

1b)Stanford

2.)USC

Giantsfan1080
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
For Rutgers:

5* DE Darius Hamilton
4* QB Devin Fuller
4* CB Yuri Wright
4* OL J.J. Denman
3* OL Ryan Brodie

BigJohn98
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Mario Edwards has made his final decision.

"After getting home (from LSU) and talking it over with my family I am sticking with Florida State, and that's where I'm headed. That is my final decision."

sbh15
01-23-2012, 05:13 PM
So who does everyone think they close with?

For FSU
5* DT Eddie Goldman
4/5* CB Ronald Darby
4* LB Reggie Northup
3/4* Juco OL Malik Watson
4* DE/DT Leonard Williams

Apparently Jimbo Fisher has the last in-home with Tracey Howard, but he is a big UF lean and they made up a lot of ground this weekend with Josh Harvey-Clemons (having all his Lowndes teammates can't hurt). If FSU gets JHC, cross off Northup.

5* wr stefon diggs
5* wr nelson agholor
5* db tracy howard
3* ot jake meador
3* lb schyler miles

and then one or neither of:
5* de darius hamilton
5* lb josh harvey-clemons

JRTPlaya21
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Mario Edwards has made his final decision.

"After getting home (from LSU) and talking it over with my family I am sticking with Florida State, and that's where I'm headed. That is my final decision."

You should go inform those lost souls on Tigerdroppings of this news :)

JRTPlaya21
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Seeing a lot of rumbling on twitter about Tracy Howard to UF.

Punisher
01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
USC:

5* DT Azziz Shittu
5* OT Zach Banner
5* WR Nelson Agholor
4* QB Cyler Miles
4* RB DJ Foster
4* OL Hiva Lutui

SickwithIt1010
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
USC:

5* DT Azziz Shittu
5* OT Zach Banner
5* WR Nelson Agholor
4* QB Cyler Miles
4* RB DJ Foster
4* OL Hiva Lutui

If we could bring in all those guys to close out the class, I would do terrible things.

RUSF18
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
JJ Denman to Rutgers.

Giantsfan1080
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
JJ Denman to Rutgers.

Beat me to it as I just got home!!!! This OL class is going to be ridiculous.

Hurricanes25
01-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I feel like this class for Rutgers is the foundation for them taking the next step. There is a great future ahead in Piscataway.

Giantsfan1080
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I feel like this class for Rutgers is the foundation for them taking the next step. There is a great future ahead in Piscataway.

It's going to be by far the best class we ever had. It would rank higher but we're not bringing that many players in but the average star rating will be one of the best.

JoeJoeBrown
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
It's going to be by far the best class we ever had. It would rank higher but we're not bringing that many players in but the average star rating will be one of the best.

Ranking classes based on the number of commits is pointless, IMO. It's all about the quality and the amount that you have available to sign.

Those rankings that include class size are biased towards the schools that always sign 28 players per year.

Giantsfan1080
01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Ranking classes based on the number of commits is pointless, IMO. It's all about the quality and the amount that you have available to sign.

Those rankings that include class size are biased towards the schools that always sign 28 players per year.

Yeah I agree. I usually go by average star rating.

MassNole
01-24-2012, 06:49 AM

This is why I like how ESPN does their rankings, they look at it objectively not with some "formula" that usually gets manipulated by the services to appease the teams with bigger subscription bases or to suit the site's objectives.

For an example of manipulating the formulas, Rivals just changed Mario Edwards Jr. to a DT, which considering FSU has maintained he is a DE at the next level is stupid. FSU looks good to add Eddie Goldman to this class which would have given them the #1 DE an #1 DT, which would give them bonus points in Rivals formula. Instead they now get the #1 and #2 DTs, which are not worth as many points, whereas Florida now gets the #1 DE.

This is why ESPN objectively looking at classes is much better than Rivals manipulating things to get a desired result.

JRTPlaya21
01-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Trey Griffey to Zona.

JoeJoeBrown
01-24-2012, 08:29 AM
This is why I like how ESPN does their rankings, they look at it objectively not with some "formula" that usually gets manipulated by the services to appease the teams with bigger subscription bases or to suit the site's objectives.

For an example of manipulating the formulas, Rivals just changed Mario Edwards Jr. to a DT, which considering FSU has maintained he is a DE at the next level is stupid. FSU looks good to add Eddie Goldman to this class which would have given them the #1 DE an #1 DT, which would give them bonus points in Rivals formula. Instead they now get the #1 and #2 DTs, which are not worth as many points, whereas Florida now gets the #1 DE.

This is why ESPN objectively looking at classes is much better than Rivals manipulating things to get a desired result.

Agree about ESPN being clearer with rankings but their scouts suck ass.

MassNole
01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Agree about ESPN being clearer with rankings but their scouts suck ass.
I think ESPN does a good job with rankings, but their Southeast bias is a little too much at times. Their coverage absolutely sucks when it comes to individual prospects. But what really separates them from Rivals, 247, and most definitely Scout, is they understand there are only a small handful of true 5* caliber players and rank them as such.

MassNole
01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Trey Griffey to Zona.
Nice pick up for them.

Funny how all of the celebrities with kids in this class had their children go to the Pac 12 between Griffey, Barry Sanders, and Diddy.

CashmoneyDrew
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
ESPN sucks. They don't rank JUCOs and they didn't even get to scouting or ranking Cameron Clear for the Vols last year who was a 4* TE on all the other services. Very lame.

JoeJoeBrown
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
ESPN sucks. They don't rank JUCOs and they didn't even get to scouting or ranking Cameron Clear for the Vols last year who was a 4* TE on all the other services. Very lame.

Exactly, they are a joke, pretty much half-assing it like they do everything else.

The one thing that ESPN is awesome at is production. Too bad they suck at analysis and content creation.

Victory X
01-24-2012, 11:22 AM
What do you guys think of Scout compared to Rivals?

wicket
01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
What do you guys think of Scout compared to Rivals?

247>>> both

rivals used to be better than scout but rivals lost most of their good personel to 247

keylime_5
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM
it depends on which team you like. Ohio State for instance is waaaaaaaay better on scout than it is rivals. A lot of teams have better rivals stuff, but in my experience most of the bigger schools (Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State) have better scout sites than rivals sites.

CashmoneyDrew
01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I like the rankings and the layout of 24/7 the best but I hear their insider articles can be embellished and a bit sensational at times to try to sell more subscriptions.

wicket
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I like the rankings and the layout of 24/7 the best but I hear their insider articles can be embellished and a bit sensational at times to try to sell more subscriptions.

thats with all of them, each and every site also boosts uncommitted recruits as the year goes by

JoeJoeBrown
01-24-2012, 11:47 AM
thats with all of them, each and every site also boosts uncommitted recruits as the year goes by

Yep, it's a farce. Basically, I look at average star rankings across the sites, and then you can tell what teams got a bunch of quality players and which ones didn't do so well.

Class size and late commitments being boosted for the "wow" factor is a joke.

Then, again, the fact that these sites exist at all is a joke. We are sick people to pay attention so much to this stuff.

BigJohn98
01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to like FSU's chances with Josh Harvey-Clemons a little bit more now. Not saying we will land him, which I don't think we will, but I think we have as good of a shot as UF and UGA. He says he will base his decision off of how comfortable he is at the school.

"I would say comfort is the main thing. Every school is going to have nice facilities and a great education, but I want to be at a school that I'm comfortable in every way," said Harvey-Clemons.

Then he goes on to say...

"The school was very nice and everyone is just like a big family there. A lot of schools you feel pressure on the visit, coaches trying to get you to commit. That was never there one time this weekend," said Rivals.com's No. 2 ranked linebacker in the country. "Everyone was so easy to talk to about anything. I was so relaxed the entire time. I was so comfortable with the people over at Florida State."

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1322242

Giantsfan1080
01-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Yuri Wright to Colorado.

draftguru151
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
All the recruiting sites are a joke in general. Each site has a few guys that know what they're talking about in terms of evaluating players, but most of them don't know **** about evaluating. The main guys that run rivals are the biggest jokes. They overhype commits to bigger fan bases and uncomitted players and don't do many of their own evaluations. Espn at least tries to evaluate guys, they just suck.

JRTPlaya21
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Yuri Wright to Colorado.

How fitting for him.

JRTPlaya21
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Man we get so fixated on stars & class rankings but it's all about how these kids produce in those 3 to 4 years on campus. It's interesting though to see what 2 stars & 3 stars end up being 5 stars and 1st rounders once they get proper coaching though.

keylime_5
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
All the recruiting sites are a joke in general. Each site has a few guys that know what they're talking about in terms of evaluating players, but most of them don't know **** about evaluating. The main guys that run rivals are the biggest jokes. They overhype commits to bigger fan bases and uncomitted players and don't do many of their own evaluations. Espn at least tries to evaluate guys, they just suck.

I know that ESPN just looks at highlight reels of a lot of prospects for a good deal of their evals - which as we all know being on a draft forum that that is no way to evaluate and rank prospects. This probably has a lot to do with why they suck.

keylime_5
01-24-2012, 02:28 PM
i know at places like scout and rivals they have writers/"insiders" in charge of covering a certain area of the country and those guys collaborate with their national people (i.e. Mike Farrell on Rivals) to make the rankings. It's not a great system. You are better off listening to individual scouts, like John McAllister for instance who scouts Ohio, that have opinions on recruits that are >>>>> any writers on these recruiting services. Trouble is it is kinda hard to get anything from those guys, maybe tidbits that get picked up and passed along on message boards. The true insiders who actually know what they are talking about don't really rank these guys for scout, rivals, 247, etc.

article here about McAllister for a taste of how coaches get info about recruits:

http://msrohio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72:john-mccallister-scouting-report-timeline&catid=39:more-msr-in-the-news

Hines
01-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Penn State lands Georgia QB Steven Bench. He had very little offers and was commited to Rice, but he fits the bill of the offense O'Brien is trying to put in place.

JoeJoeBrown
01-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Penn State lands Georgia QB Steven Bench. He had very little offers and was commited to Rice, but he fits the bill of the offense O'Brien is trying to put in place.

Does he have what it takes to beat out McMoxie?

Granted, my grandpa could outplay McMoxie, but that's beside the point.

Hines
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Does he have what it takes to beat out McMoxie?

Granted, my grandpa could outplay McMoxie, but that's beside the point.

I'm still hoping Bolden reaches his potential or PJ beats him out for the job next year. But yes, Bench could from the tape I saw.

MassNole
01-24-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm starting to like FSU's chances with Josh Harvey-Clemons a little bit more now. Not saying we will land him, which I don't think we will, but I think we have as good of a shot as UF and UGA. He says he will base his decision off of how comfortable he is at the school.

"I would say comfort is the main thing. Every school is going to have nice facilities and a great education, but I want to be at a school that I'm comfortable in every way," said Harvey-Clemons.

Then he goes on to say...

"The school was very nice and everyone is just like a big family there. A lot of schools you feel pressure on the visit, coaches trying to get you to commit. That was never there one time this weekend," said Rivals.com's No. 2 ranked linebacker in the country. "Everyone was so easy to talk to about anything. I was so relaxed the entire time. I was so comfortable with the people over at Florida State."

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1322242
If it comes down to feeling comfortable at the school between Greg Reid, Gerald Demps, Telvin Smith, and Tyler Hunter (all former HS teammates) then FSU is in tremendous position. Not to mention the relationship between Lowndes and FSU.

dansaint
01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Illinois Commits so far: Apparently several more on soon to be named

RB: Dami Ayoola (3*,FL), Devin Church (3*,MI)

WR: Elliot Faerber (3*,KS), JJ Robertson (2*,IL)

OG: Joseph Spencer (3*,OH), Robbie Bain (3*,IL), Joey Warburg (3*,KY)

DT: Teko Powell (3*,FL), Vontrell Williams (3*,IL)

LB: Mason Monheim (OH), T.J. Neal (3*,PA)

DB: TaJarvis Fuller(3*,FL),Taylor Barton (3*,FL)

ATH: Justin Hardee (2*,OH), Jevaris Little (3*,FL)

K: Ryan Frain (2*,IN)

MassNole
01-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Illinois Commits so far: Apparently several more on soon to be named

RB: Dami Ayoola (3*,FL), Devin Church (3*,MI)

WR: Elliot Faerber (3*,KS), JJ Robertson (2*,IL)

OG: Joseph Spencer (3*,OH), Robbie Bain (3*,IL), Joey Warburg (3*,KY)

DT: Teko Powell (3*,FL), Vontrell Williams (3*,IL)

LB: Mason Monheim (OH), T.J. Neal (3*,PA)

DB: TaJarvis Fuller(3*,FL),Taylor Barton (3*,FL)

ATH: Justin Hardee (2*,OH), Jevaris Little (3*,FL)

K: Ryan Frain (2*,IN)
Recruiting took a hit with losing the Zookster, huh?

dansaint
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
yeah but I'd give them a full year to establish connections and such. Plus sometimes these guys are better than their star ratings.

critesy
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
auburns class... bold are uncommited

this class is very much up in the air right now with alot of top targets coming down to NSD and up against some big battles with FSU, BAMA, FL and etc. AU can take 25 this class but i doubt they do.

qb: 3/4* zeke pike (ky)

rb: 4* jovon robinson (tn)

fb: all american, so, jay prosch (transfer from illinois, counting against the 25)

wr: 4* jaquay williams (ga), 4* ricardo louis (fl)(i think he flips back from FSU now that AU has an OC), 5* stefon diggs (md)

te: 4* ricky parks (ga), 3* darrion hutcherson (al)

ol: 4* shane callahan (co), 4* patrick miller (fl), 3* robert leff (al), 4* avery young (fl), juco 3* menelik watson

dl: 4* tyler nero (al), 3* gimel president (sc), 5* eddie goldman (dc)

lb: 4* cassanova mckinzy (al), 4* javierre mitchel (al), 4* beniquez brown (al)

db: 4* josh hosley (ga), 3* jon jones (ga), 3* tj davis (fl), 3* jordan moore (ga)

draftguru151
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Just a little optimistic Critesy. :D

CashmoneyDrew
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I was under the impression Beniquez Brown was a lock to Mississippi State.

critesy
01-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Just a little optimistic Critesy. :D

haha yup! setting myself up for a sad NSD i tell ya but i want to believe. this staff can close real good so we shall see.

I was under the impression Beniquez Brown was a lock to Mississippi State.

i think auburn misses on kwon alexander (going to lsu) and gives beniquez a commitable offer. hes basically a plan B for them.

draftguru151
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Continuing with the overoptimism, I think Miami finishes with 3* DT Dequan Ivery (likely), Avery Young (ok chance) and Tracy Howard (Golden Al gone do work). Northrup ends up at FSU though.

UF definitely leads for Tracy right now (by a lot), but there is some optimism with him visiting this weekend. If Al can convince momma Howard, he'll end up here.

Giantsfan1080
01-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Menelik Watson to FSU.

critesy
01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Menelik Watson to FSU.

forreal or just a feeling? cause chizik and co are making their in home visit sometime soon this week.

Giantsfan1080
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
forreal or just a feeling? cause chizik and co are making their in home visit sometime soon this week.

The buzz on Twitter is saying he has committed. Nothing official yet though.

Complex
01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Josh Harvey-Clemons might visit. We will decided whether to visit Miami or Louisville tonight.

If he decides to visit this weekend it will be Harvey-Clemons, Tracy Howard, and Darius Hamilton visiting this weekend.

keylime_5
01-24-2012, 08:38 PM
apparently ohio state stopped recruiting jordan diamond about a month ago. he's gonna wind up at michigan. He's not announcing until 2 days after signing day b/c of attention anyhow.

i think they sign kyle dodson. armani reeves probably too, though michigan has a chance since our CBs coach Taver Johnson who was recruiting him left to go to Arkansas. Demetrious Cox, Davonte Neal, and Jamal Marcus (might pick ECU) are our other three possibile signees.

BigJohn98
01-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Eddie Goldman will be a Nole. Has been since the summer.

Notredameleo
01-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Josh Harvey-Clemons might visit. We will decided whether to visit Miami or Louisville tonight.

If he decides to visit this weekend it will be Harvey-Clemons, Tracy Howard, and Darius Hamilton visiting this weekend.

Please please come to Louisville. Btw, I am fully aware that the odds of that are not very good. I can dream.

critesy
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
ricardo louis decommits from FSU. announcing on NSD between AU and FSU.

Giantsfan1080
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
3* OL Ryan Brodie to Rutgers. We're finally cleaning up in NJ.

critesy
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
as someone pointed out yesterday, juco OT menelik watson to FSU.

sadness has already begun for me.

Punisher
01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
How is FSU recruiting so well?

No offense, but when is the last time a Seminole squad lived up to expectations?

keylime_5
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
How is FSU recruiting so well?

No offense, but when is the last time a Seminole squad lived up to expectations?

when they had Chris Weinke. Va Tech and Miami and BC coming to the ACC certainly has sucked for Florida State. The rest of the league (Clemson, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, UNC, etc) have stepped up their game since as well.

IMO Florida State is on a roll recruiting the past few years because Miami is way down, Florida doesn't have Urban Meyer anymore, and their coaching staff is full of great recruiters. Perfect storm to own that prime recruiting real estate in their back yard lately.

draftguru151
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
UM has a better in state class than FSU does, they're doing so well nationally because they're basically an SEC school in terms of recruiting now.

critesy
01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
im feeling leonard williams instead of eddie goldman now for auburn. still think they land diggs though.

MassNole
01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Menelik Watson to FSU.
Confirmed by Justin Hopkins at 247.

Not worried about Louis, makes sense to listen to Auburn's new OC in his situation but with Jimbo having the last in home confident he's back in the fold on NSD along with Eddie Goldman and Ronald Darby.

CashmoneyDrew
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
So, it looks like these are some of the guys the Vols are trying to add before or on NSD. No one knows for sure if we have 2 or 3 spots left:

- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR (JUCO), 5 star
- Quinshad Davis, WR, 4 star
- Korren Kirven, DL, 4 star
- Devian Shelton, CB, 4 star (Only if he makes the visit this weekend, doesn't look promising though)

And then I think they're working on a couple of backup plans with a couple of guys:
- Jacoby Briscoe, DL, 3 star (Current Miami commit, trying to get in for visit this weekend)
- Chase Robison, LB, 3 star (Current Texas Tech commit)

Also trying to keep Santos from flipping to Texas.

MassNole
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
im feeling leonard williams instead of eddie goldman now for auburn. still think they land diggs though.
Because Dante Fowler Jr. has become a female dog over FSU taking another DE (even though Williams could grow into a DT), I think FSU backs off and he goes elsewhere.

Either way in 2013 this will be one helluva a DL
First Team
SDE - Mario Edwards Jr.
NG - Timmy Jernigan
DT - Eddie Goldman
WDE - Dante Fowler

Second Team
SDE - Giorgio Newberry
NG - Justin Shanks
DT - Cam Erving
WDE - Chris Casher

keylime_5
01-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Mario Edwards is like 300 lbs. as a high school senior. Is there really any way on earth that kid isn't a DT in like 2 years tops?

Smooth Criminal
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Diggs to visit Ohio State this weekend.

BigJohn98
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
UM has a better in state class than FSU does, they're doing so well nationally because they're basically an SEC school in terms of recruiting now.

Why is it better? Because Miami has double the commitments?

sbh15
01-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Why is it better? Because Miami has double the commitments?

he said "in-state". going by rivals' rankings:

fsu
one 5*, two 4*

miami
one 5*, seven 4*

if you want to add 3*'s, miami has 15 to fsu's 1

MassNole
01-26-2012, 06:12 AM
when they had Chris Weinke. Va Tech and Miami and BC coming to the ACC certainly has sucked for Florida State. The rest of the league (Clemson, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, UNC, etc) have stepped up their game since as well.

IMO Florida State is on a roll recruiting the past few years because Miami is way down, Florida doesn't have Urban Meyer anymore, and their coaching staff is full of great recruiters. Perfect storm to own that prime recruiting real estate in their back yard lately.
Or simply because Jimbo Fisher is one of the best recruiters in the country right now and built a staff that can flat out recruit with Eddie Gran, James Coley, Odell Haggins, and D. Craig.

keylime_5
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
yeah, I said "their coaching staff is full of great recruiters." I think Miami being down and Florida not being where they were two years ago have something to do with it as well.

iowatreat54
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
So Schiano apparently leaving Rutgers has to really hurt them. Anyone think their commits open back up with less than a week until signing day? Iowa can has Quanzell Lambert plz?

sbh15
01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
yeah, I said "their coaching staff is full of great recruiters." I think Miami being down and Florida not being where they were two years ago have something to do with it as well.

i don't think miami and uf have so much to do with it. both are out-recruiting fsu in-state. fsu, however, has picked up commitments from players in alabama, california, georiga, and texas. in their 16 player recruiting class, only 5 are florida kids.

also, schiano leaving rutgers couldn't possibly come at a better time. now florida is in prime position to land darius hamilton

Complex
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Darius Hamilton is visiting Miami this weekend so it helps Miami that and growing up a canes fan.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Darius Hamilton is visiting Miami this weekend so it helps Miami that and growing up a canes fan.

miami would definitely look good if momma was coming with him. apparently he's not going anywhere but rutgers unless him mom approves. uf has not gotten a visit from her yet either.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Caroo is also visiting Miami now. I seriously can't believe I have ecstasy with the Giants in the SB and now agony with the way this went down with Rutgers.

scottyboy
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
****. this is really going to kill us, isn't it?

MassNole
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
i don't think miami and uf have so much to do with it. both are out-recruiting fsu in-state. fsu, however, has picked up commitments from players in alabama, california, georiga, and texas. in their 16 player recruiting class, only 5 are florida kids.

also, schiano leaving rutgers couldn't possibly come at a better time. now florida is in prime position to land darius hamilton
This year they are beating FSU in-state, last year and 2010 were different stories in-state. Not to mention other than at DB with Tracy Howard and Brian Poole, this was a really down year for in-state talent, so it makes sense to load up out of state when you can pull the type of talent FSU has pulled. Class may very well end up with the Top 2 players from Maryland, Alabama, and Georgia between Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jameis Winston, Chris Casher, Markus Eligwe, and JHC (who apparently FSU jumped into the driver's seat for). Lets also not forget the European flair on them OL with Daniel Glasser (Swiss) and Menelik Watson (British).

Another thing to remember is that for FSU, Georgia and Alabama are actually more local and Southern Florida in terms of distance.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
****. this is really going to kill us, isn't it?

Probably will with most of the bigger names. Obviously everyone can't leave.

JRTPlaya21
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd say Yeldon is #2 player in the state of Alabama but to each his own.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd say Yeldon is #2 player in the state of Alabama but to each his own.

yeldon is #1 if you ask me. i can't trust a qb evaluation of anyone that says gunner kiel is a 5*

JRTPlaya21
01-26-2012, 12:47 PM
yeldon is #1 if you ask me

Glad we are in agreement but we all know how those loaded FSU recruiting classes have been turning out....& I'm not overly impressed with Winston tbh either. His ceiling will probably be an E.J. Manuel if he doesn't go to the MLB. Oh not to mention Stefon Diggs is from Maryland too. Goldman is technically DC.

draftguru151
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
yeldon is #1 if you ask me. i can't trust a qb evaluation of anyone that says gunner kiel is a 5*

Think you're putting too much into the AA game for Kiel. His tape is some of the better I've seen the past few years, looks a bit like Barkley in his ability to put the ball in spots as a high school kid. Him and Mangum are the two studs this year. Winston is a really good prospect but I'd have him more as a high 4 than a 5.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Think you're putting too much into the AA game for Kiel. His tape is some of the better I've seen the past few years, looks a bit like Barkley in his ability to put the ball in spots as a high school kid. Him and Mangum are the two studs this year. Winston is a really good prospect but I'd have him more as a high 4 than a 5.

i guess my other concern would be kiel's competition level... is he playing the best teams in indiana? are there even good teams in indiana? john brantley's tape looked fantastic, but he was doing it against tons of scrubs, and we all saw how he turned out. i suppose i'd be more inclined to agree with his ranking if i knew more about his competition. in the all american game he obviously played against basically an all-star defense and he looked like ****.

Complex
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
I like Cyler Miles the best out of the QB's.

draftguru151
01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
All all star game QBs look like **** for the most part. His comp sucks but his ability to manipulate the ball and his touch both translate extremely well. DGB probably faces the worst competition of any top player in the country and you don't see many people talking about it (though they probably should, he's not gonna be AJ/Julio right away unless he develops a ton).

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree about DGB. I haven't been impressed from what I've seen out of him. He needs to add muscle.

CashmoneyDrew
01-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm cool with Nate Peterman as the Vols QB this cycle. He played great competition and he EE'ed. Got some Aaron Rodgers type of qualities to him if I do say so.

critesy
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
if dgb plays for arky, he's going to be a freak. 3 yr collegiate career for sure.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 03:40 PM
hamilton will not be delaying his decision at all, so it looks like he'll be picking between uf and um, unless rutgers hires someone within the week that can convince him and mom.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
We're still in it for Hamilton. he has strong ties to Hafley our D-Backs coach and our Bosco recruiter. We're not out of that race.

Also, all our Penn recruits said they are staying. That includes Muller, Denman, Arcidiacono, Peoples, and Ranking. The recruits are rallying around each other which is a good sign.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
We're still in it for Hamilton. he has strong ties to Hafley our D-Backs coach and our Bosco recruiter. We're not out of that race.

Also, all our Penn recruits said they are staying. That includes Muller, Denman, Arcidiacono, Peoples, and Ranking. The recruits are rallying around each other which is a good sign.

i don't think rutgers is cooked, but i can't see him picking them unless they have a head coach that he's talked to by feb 2nd. hamilton's own h.s. coach said:

Toal said he had spoken to Hamilton, who was scheduled to announce his college decision on Tuesday and Carroo, who committed to Rutgers in August over several other scholarship offers. Since the news broke, Carroo has also seen his phone ringing off the hook with places like Illinois, Syracuse and Miami already reaching out.

"They're concerned," Toal said. "Both guys are real concerned. They have to be. They believed coach Schiano was going to their coach. ... You can't blame these kids. They want some stability and they want some answers. They want to know where this thing is going. No question."

LINK (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7506907/rutgers-scarlet-knight-recruits-wait-greg-schiano-never-arrives-meeting?eleven=twelvep)

sounds like if they can't get it sorted out before nsd, they're going to lose out on hamilton, at least.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Our AD has joined our coaching staff so he can talk to recruits and he also said it's very possible we have a coach in place before Signing Day.

hawkeye123
01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Josh Garrnett to Stanford!!

sbh15
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
not sure if it's true, but i read that florida is the only school that stefon diggs' parents have visited with him. if true, i can't help but think he's just taking free visits to these other places.

Punisher
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
not sure if it's true, but i read that florida is the only school that stefon diggs' parents have visited with him. if true, i can't help but think he's just taking free visits to these other places.

You get Diggs, SC can take Agholar....deal? :D

sbh15
01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
You get Diggs, SC can take Agholar....deal? :D

seems like they're getting agholor anyway. i thought he was a heavy uf lean, but it's probably closer to 50/50, maybe even more in usc's favor.

scottyboy
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm a little relieved the only real big names we may lose are Carroo and Hamilton after all this. I mean, it blows, but the majority of the guys saying they'll stay is really awesome and good news for now

iowatreat54
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Andre McDonald staying home to play for Minnesota. Really great get for Kill and the Goofers, especially since he's from Minnesota. Kill's really done a great job locking down the state this year.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm a little relieved the only real big names we may lose are Carroo and Hamilton after all this. I mean, it blows, but the majority of the guys saying they'll stay is really awesome and good news for now

I know Caroo is pissed right now but I can't even believe he's going to leave. He was the most pro RU guy we had coming in. I can't believe it might take all the Pennsylvania kids to make sure the NJ guys stay home. We just need to name a coach soon and this whole class might be saved with the possibility of Hamilton still coming. Schiano built a pedestal for the program and it totally sucks he's leaving at this time but we can still build on it.

scottyboy
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm wondering how much of the killer OL class we have coming in is due to Oline mastermind Kyle Flood

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm wondering how much of the killer OL class we have coming in is due to Oline mastermind Kyle Flood

Well Flood had a few down years especially when we named co offensive coordinator but apparently most of the recruits are naming Flood as the person they'd like to be named coach. I was shocked at this news when I just read it twenty minutes ago. All but 1 recruit in this class has re-affirmed their commitment but things are very fluid right now. Going to be a crazy week for us between this and the SB.

phlysac
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Tight End/LB J.P.Holtz chooses Pitt over Penn St. and Michigan St.

Hines
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Tight End/LB J.P.Holtz chooses Pitt over Penn St. and Michigan St.

From what I understand, PSU stopped recruiting him once the new staff came. Holtz said PSU just stopped talking to him.

draftguru151
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
GT CB commit Antonio Crawford will probably flip to Miami next week. He's visiting this weekend and Paul Johnson flipped and is gonna pull his offer if he comes.

Hines
01-26-2012, 08:17 PM
GA S Jordan Moore is visiting this weekend. This kid has blown up and I loved his senior film. He is visiting with a teammate and I wouldn't be surprised if he commits on his visit. I'd LOVE the pick up.

Complex
01-26-2012, 09:34 PM
i don't think rutgers is cooked, but i can't see him picking them unless they have a head coach that he's talked to by feb 2nd. hamilton's own h.s. coach said:

sounds like if they can't get it sorted out before nsd, they're going to lose out on hamilton, at least.

I think Carroo is gone. He called Miami up not the other way around from what I read.

sbh15
01-26-2012, 10:59 PM
let me begin this statement, for fsu fans, that i believe there is about a 2% chance that fowler switches to uf right now. if leonard williams commits... we'll see. anyway, i've never seen a guy give this much love to a school when he's publicly stating that he's committed somewhere else. why are the coaches even bothering?

regardless, the thoughts this picture conjures up make me happy

http://i44.tinypic.com/11w52xc.jpg

scottyboy
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
YEAH WELL RUTGERS BEAT FLORIDA IN BASKETBALL IN THE RAC SO TAKE THAT

yeah, and I was there and yeah and stuff

Complex
01-27-2012, 12:18 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VoIaJ8G0vxGVuD1PCWhNmg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTU4NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/Chad-Kelly1.jpg

All-ACC next year?

I'm just kidding this kid seems like a douchebag imo

Quarterback recruit Chad Kelly wants to make sure everyone knows - especially backup quarterback Cole Stoudt - that he's not coming to Clemson this fall to sit on the bench.
Kelly, a four-star dual-threat from St. Joseph's in Buffalo, N.Y., and nephew of Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, has been committed to Clemson since last June and is visiting campus this weekend. In preparation for his visit and likely run-in with Stoudt, Kelly tweeted Wednesday, "Your on the bench for a reason. And i come soon! Just letting you know.".

In an interview with TigerIllustrated.com earlier this month, Kelly said he should be the one to push Boyd come fall camp in August.
"I know [offensive coordinator Chad] Morris likes me because I'm really their only dual-threat guy, so I can come in for certain packages to run since that's the best thing I do, really," Kelly said. "Plus Cole doesn't have that oomph right now and Tajh needs that every day ... for someone to push him and keep him working so he gets better."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/chad-kelly-fightin-words-clemson-backup-qb-cole-182345699.html

He also has a rap song where he keeps saying his name.

CashmoneyDrew
01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah, he's a well established tool. Even without the grammar fails.

SickwithIt1010
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
That kid is going to get lit the **** up for the first little while he is there. Upper classmen will never live that down. What a tool.

bearsfan_51
01-27-2012, 02:29 AM
WR Andre McDonald commits to Minnesota. That's a pleasant surprise.

MassNole
01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
GT CB commit Antonio Crawford will probably flip to Miami next week. He's visiting this weekend and Paul Johnson flipped and is gonna pull his offer if he comes.
Worked for us with Tre Jackson.

Funny how CPJ has no problem going after other school's commitments but expects total loyalty from his own.

scottyboy
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Apparently Carroo isn't making the trip down to Miami...which is a good thing I'd like to think, even though he's getting courted by the likes of illinois and BC I believe. Hamilton's still making the trip. meh

Punisher
01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
4* RB DJ Foster to ASU

sbh15
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
3* qb skyler mornhinweg, a penn state commit, flips to florida. i think this was pease's guy

BigJohn98
01-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Dante Fowler shuts it down and says he will be signing with FSU.

Thank God the drama with him is over.

draftguru151
01-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Dude trolled so hard.

sbh15
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
i hate him. is he still "announcing" his commitment on tv? i am dissapoint

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM

Haha I think it's been labeled a "ceremony" now to celebrate him signing his LOI with FSU.

SickwithIt1010
01-27-2012, 06:30 PM
4* RB DJ Foster to ASU

****, I wanted him bad.

MassNole
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
How he handled that was not cool, I hate when kids play FSU, I hate when FSU commits play other schools, even Florida.

sbh15
01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
How he handled that was not cool, I hate when kids play FSU, I hate when FSU commits play other schools, even Florida.

i can't help but think some of that is on uf's coaches, though. after every visit he would reaffirm his commitment to fsu. unless he's more talented at bullshitting than he is at football, i don't see how they could have bought that he was interested every time.

sbh15
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
apparently auburn commit jaquay williams (edit) was supposed to ov to florida today. hopefully we can flip him (not holding my breath, though) because nelson agholor apparently got his mom to visit cali with him and she may sign off on him going there. distance is the real question here.

edit: disregard that. no visit this weekend. usc still looks good for nelson, unfortunately

critesy
01-28-2012, 07:31 PM
GA S Jordan Moore is visiting this weekend. This kid has blown up and I loved his senior film. He is visiting with a teammate and I wouldn't be surprised if he commits on his visit. I'd LOVE the pick up.

kids got sick film for safety. really want him to come to auburn.

Hines
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
kids got sick film for safety. really want him to come to auburn.

Yeah he didn't end up visiting. It sucks. I really wanted him especially this late. Looks like he's going to Auburn.

Hines
01-29-2012, 12:25 AM
3* qb skyler mornhinweg, a penn state commit, flips to florida. i think this was pease's guy

He left because the new coaches got another QB and wanted Skyler to play S. IIRC, doesn't Florida want him at S too?

MassNole
01-29-2012, 11:24 AM
FSU offered a grayshirt to 6'8, 330 lb OL Adam Duckett to come in for January. I am sure some will say this is an evil practice and either take him now or don't bother. However in this kid's case, his ACT jumped from 13 to 20 which means the NCAA will definitely flag him and likely hold up his enrollment anyways, so it seems like a smart move to me as there is little chance he'd actually be able to go in August.

K Roberto Aguayo will also Grayshirt. Another move that makes sense as when he enrolls in January Dustin Hopkins will have run out of eligibility and he'll enter the spring as the kicker and thus not burn a year of eligibility as a Redshirt.

I know people hate the practice, but there are legitimate applications for it.

bearsfan_51
01-29-2012, 11:31 AM
FSU offered a grayshirt to 6'8, 330 lb OL Adam Duckett to come in for January. I am sure some will say this is an evil practice and either take him now or don't bother. However in this kid's case, his ACT jumped from 13 to 20 which means the NCAA will definitely flag him and likely hold up his enrollment anyways, so it seems like a smart move to me as there is little chance he'd actually be able to go in August.

K Roberto Aguayo will also Grayshirt. Another move that makes sense as when he enrolls in January Dustin Hopkins will have run out of eligibility and he'll enter the spring as the kicker and thus not burn a year of eligibility as a Redshirt.

I know people hate the practice, but there are legitimate applications for it.
Actually, I think greyshirts are an entirely acceptable practice, so long as you tell the kid before he sings his LOI. If a kid has to wait a year to get his scholarship, and he's ok with that, I don't mind. Just don't pull his scholarship once he's part of the team.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 11:44 AM
i can't help but think some of that is on uf's coaches, though. after every visit he would reaffirm his commitment to fsu. unless he's more talented at bullshitting than he is at football, i don't see how they could have bought that he was interested every time.
I honestly wonder how much of this was Jimbo using the kid to screw with Muschamp and waste UF's time while he focused on other prospects like Tracy Howard and JHC. It seemed, and I could be wrong, whenever UF was meeting and wasting their time with Fowler that FSU was meeting with another prospect both schools were after.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 11:52 AM
FSU commitment 4* WR/ATH Marvin Bracy ran a 6.08 55m (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-orlando-marvin-bracy-runs-world-fastest-indoor-55-20120129,0,962710.story) at an Indoor Meet this weekend, which would the the fastest in the world this Indoor Season. He wants to make the Olympic team this summer in the 100m.

Safe to say he has a 99 speed and acceleration rating in NCAA 13?

JoeJoeBrown
01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
FSU commitment 4* WR/ATH Marvin Bracy ran a 6.08 55m (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-orlando-marvin-bracy-runs-world-fastest-indoor-55-20120129,0,962710.story) at an Indoor Meet this weekend, which would the the fastest in the world this Indoor Season. He wants to make the Olympic team this summer in the 100m.

Safe to say he has a 99 speed and acceleration rating in NCAA 13?

Holy **** that is blazing. If he makes the men's 100m Olympic team as a teen that is one hell of an accomplishment.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Apparently the US record is 6.00. The World Record in the 60m is 6.39, at that pace he would have been close to that record.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Juco OT Will Latu commits to Oklahoma (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=7954)

draftguru151
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
CB Antonio Crawford officially flips from GT to Miami wooo.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Seems strange to take him if they have any chance for Tracy Howard.

draftguru151
01-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Not really, we need corners, and Crawford is a stud from a huge program.

sbh15
01-29-2012, 03:43 PM
yeah, but they don't have a chance a tracy howard :P

scottyboy
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
fuller to ucla. meh

Giantsfan1080
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
fuller to ucla. meh

It's dumb that they leaked this already considering his announcement is in an hour. Fuller and Hamilton were both silents to Rutgers before this Schiano mess.

hawkeye123
01-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Arik Armstead to Oregon

First Thomas, now Armstead..

JRTPlaya21
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Arik Armstead to Oregon. Funny he didn't have an aubarn hat on display.

MassNole
01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
How many schools has Armstead been committed to?

hawkeye123
01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Just Usc and almost Cal.

Kiel was commited to like 3 schools before ND.

critesy
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Arik Armstead to Oregon. Funny he didn't have an aubarn hat on display.

haha yeah auburns not the most popular on the west coast. cant really find their hat.

CashmoneyDrew
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Dalton Santos, like expected, flip from the Vols to the Longhorns.

sbh15
01-29-2012, 07:30 PM
darius hamilton's mom apparently did not make it to uf this weekend, not sure about miami. anyway, looks like he's going to sign with rutgers despite the schiano situation

Punisher
01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
DE Leonard Williams down to USC and Florida

SickwithIt1010
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Arik Armstead to Oregon

First Thomas, now Armstead..

Because USC wants to play them where they would fit best, USC looks out for the better of the team and ultimately the player as well in these cases.

They wanted Thomas to play CB, and even brought up the option of playing both ways later in his career there also being a returner selling him that they thought he had the potential to be a top 10 pick as a db, but he wanted to play RB.

And with Armstead the kid has the tools and the potential to be a top flight OT but the kid just cant get it through his head. He wants to play on the defensive side of the ball where the kid will be pretty damn ordinary.

I understand these guys have been successful at the positions they wanna play, and even more so in Thomas' case but come on man. How many runningbacks outside of Sproles come into the league and really do something at that size/build. He will be a 3rd down back/return guy.

Yes, I am mad that we have missed out on both these guys and it hurts a little more that they both ended up with our most competitive in conference opponent, but I am also saying that I think both of them have made the wrong choice. (Unless Armstead playes OT, then I wont have as big of a problem with his choice.)

BigJohn98
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Rumors swirling that Tracy Howard is all U.

draftguru151
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
BigJohn you stop that, stop that right now! Don't get my hopes up!

(and yea I've heard the same, apparently we impressed Momma Howard, if Tracy had his way he'd already be a Cane).

Pat Sims 90
01-29-2012, 09:59 PM
It is offical now 4* DB Armani Reeves switchs to Ohio State.

scottyboy
01-29-2012, 10:02 PM
well carroo is staying with rutgers, hooray!

Complex
01-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Because USC wants to play them where they would fit best, USC looks out for the better of the team and ultimately the player as well in these cases.

They wanted Thomas to play CB, and even brought up the option of playing both ways later in his career there also being a returner selling him that they thought he had the potential to be a top 10 pick as a db, but he wanted to play RB.

And with Armstead the kid has the tools and the potential to be a top flight OT but the kid just cant get it through his head. He wants to play on the defensive side of the ball where the kid will be pretty damn ordinary.

I understand these guys have been successful at the positions they wanna play, and even more so in Thomas' case but come on man. How many runningbacks outside of Sproles come into the league and really do something at that size/build. He will be a 3rd down back/return guy.

How many 5 foot 7 or 8 corners have you seen in the NFL?

sbh15
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM

this is surprising. i know he has family out west, but i thought he wanted to stay close to home. feeling pretty good about getting him with this news, and it lessens the blow of hamilton sticking with rutgers.

Rumors swirling that Tracy Howard is all U.

i've heard some of this, but i don't buy them suddenly being the leader. i'll see what everyone is saying when all the excitement of him even visiting wears off.

also, feeling good about josh harvey-clemons, but what team on his list isn't these days? :/

draftguru151
01-29-2012, 10:48 PM
It wouldn't really be sudden, Tracy had UM in front his junior year before (and even a bit after) Randy got fired, then favored UF because they recruited him really hard while Golden was scrambling to put a class together, then he went to FSU for most of the season, then came back to UF after Muschamp kissed his mom's ass. UM rolled out the red carpet for him (and his mom) this weekend and his boys came down to hang out with him at UM. All the news doesn't really have anything to do with Tracy (he hasn't said a word to anyone), it's his mom, who is running everything (his dad and family are Cane fans, as is Tracy).

sbh15
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
yeah, but they were pretty far out of the picture before he decided to give them his last visit. i know how fast things can change in recruiting, but i guess we'll just have to wait. i do know that his mom loves florida. hope we don't get a landon collins repeat

draftguru151
01-29-2012, 11:05 PM
If Tracy comes to Miami he'll have have his mom's approval. Apparently UF coaches don't feel confident about Tracy anymore and that's where some of this is coming from. O_O

critesy
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM

theres already reports no one is eliminated yet. i sure hope not, AU really needs some help on the dline this class.

Punisher
01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Feeling pretty good about Williams

...even better about Agholor!

SickwithIt1010
01-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Agholor project better as a receiver or a safety?

Punisher
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Agholor project better as a receiver or a safety?

Definitely at receiver. Watch his highlights. They're addicting.

SickwithIt1010
01-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Definitely at receiver. Watch his highlights. They're addicting.

Might have too. I only have a scout account and he is highly regarded as a safety there so. Had to ask.

Hines
01-30-2012, 12:14 AM
It's dumb that they leaked this already considering his announcement is in an hour. Fuller and Hamilton were both silents to Rutgers before this Schiano mess.

I know how you feel. If this **** with Sandusky never came out, Spence, Reeves, Williams, O'Connor, and whoever else left would still be a Lion or would be a Lion. Bleh.

sbh15
01-30-2012, 01:08 AM

where are you even getting any of this confidence from? (it scares me) by the way, agholor is completely torn. he's reached out to mike williams (went to plant h.s. in florida and committed to usc) for advice. recently tweeted that he wished schools would just draft recruits. kid's heart is at usc, but he wants to stay close to home.