PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Recruiting Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

P-L
02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
2011 National Signing Day is just about over. Time to discuss 2012.

CashmoneyDrew
02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Vols for number 7 recruiting class. Mark it down.

703SKINS202
02-02-2011, 08:23 PM
We want Pike. That is all.

draftguru151
02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Duke Johnson is a straight baller. South Florida looks really good. Eddie Goldman is a man child. Marvin Bracy is the fastest dude on earf.

dannyz
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Barry JR. What do you guys think of me as a Prospect? I am 6 Foot and 240 Pounds and play LT. I only have received a Letter for Nebraska Wesleyan.

Hines
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
If PSU doesn't screw it up, they should have a REAL nice class next year. I'm talking a top 10 class.

Sniper
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Give me Chris Wormley, James Ross, Royce Jenkins-Stone, Terry Richardson, Laron Taylor and Danny O'Brien and nobody gets hurt.

Hines
02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Give me Chris Wormley, James Ross, Royce Jenkins-Stone, Terry Richardson, Laron Taylor and Danny O'Brien and nobody gets hurt.

RJS is a ******* monster. I LOVED his film. I like him more than I like Ross.

BigJohn98
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
FSU has 7 commits for 2012 already. Look for this class to possibly be better or just as good as this years.

ironman4579
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM

With the amount of LB's on the roster next year, I'm not really confident we'd be able to get all three of Ross, Taylor and RJS, unless Taylor plays safety.

Silver & Blue
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
With the amount of LB's on the roster next year, I'm not really confident we'd be able to get all three of Ross, Taylor and RJS, unless Taylor plays safety.

I think we got about 16 spots open for next years class or something like that. So I think we could fit him some where. Luckily Taylor doesn't look to be too big yet, hes about 205 lbs, so he would be a good size safety. But having all those guys in the 2012 class would be incredible.

dannyz
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Dorial Green - Beckham should be really good.

jballa838
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
I really hope that UW just gets it over with and gets commits from Banner, Garnett, Lindquist, Russell, Dozier, and Waters & Young find their way back home from Arizona Western. This year's in-state crop is deeper than last years, though Kasen and ASJ were both among the top players in the nation at their position. The only one who might do that this year is Banner.

ironman4579
02-03-2011, 07:22 AM
I think we got about 16 spots open for next years class or something like that. So I think we could fit him some where. Luckily Taylor doesn't look to be too big yet, hes about 205 lbs, so he would be a good size safety. But having all those guys in the 2012 class would be incredible.

I didn't mean that we wouldn't have room for all of them. With normal attrition we'll likely have around 20 scholarships available. You make room in a class for those type of guys. I meant I'm not sure we'd be able to get three top level LB's to commit when they look at the depth chart and see 10 guys there for 2012, with only one being a senior.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Really good year for talent in Minnesota (by Minnesota standards, of course).

But that will all go to **** if teams like Ohio State keep offering our players (leave Jonah Pirsig alone!!!)

Don Vito
02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Another pretty good year for talent in Mississippi. Ole Miss is getting Barry Sanders Jr.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2011, 08:42 AM
A post I made in the B1G thread, mostly speculation on my part:

2012 Big Ten Quarterback recruiting update!!

Gunner Kiel, Columbus East (IN)
B1G Teams Currently Offering: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin
Other Major Offers: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Colorado

-Gunner is the best QB prospect in the Mid-West, but oddly hasn't received a bounty of B1G offers. He's a ESPN150 watch list player, and has received some impressive offers from our hated brethren to the South.

Current Prediction: Tennessee

Philip Nelson, Mankato West (MN)
B1G Offers: Minnesota
Other Major Offers: None

-Philip only has an offer from the hometown Gophers, but he's originally from Wisconsin and his father is a BADger alum. Personally, I think Philip is the 2nd best QB prospect from Minnesota behind Joe Mohlberg, but he's been super productive and he's got great speed for his size. If Wisconsin offers I think he goes there, but for now...

Current Prediction: Minnesota

Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights (KY)
B1G Offers: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa
Other Offers: Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Auburn, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M

-Zeke is the last prospect that could be considered "Mid-Western" with a B1G offer, as he's from the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati. With his current offer list it seems unlikely he'll end up in the B1G, however, although Notre Dame could get involved and shake things up.

Current Prediction: Kentucky

Bennie Coney, Plant City (FL)
B1G Offers: Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue
Other Offers: Auburn, Florida State, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Texas Tech..

-Plant City is near Tampa, so if there's a hometown team here it's South Florida. That said, Coney was suspended from his High School team and has some serious issues, so moving away may be in his best interests. I think Michigan is a seriously player here, but for now I'll go with the Cam-mentum and the team that couldn't care less about personal issues.

Current prediction: Auburn

Matt Davis, Klein (TX)
B1G Offers: Iowa, Purdue
Other Offers: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma State...

-Davis might be the best junior in Texas despite missing all of last season with an injury, so it's a bit of a wonder why he doesn't have a Texas offer, let alone offers from more B1G schools. I think he's a Horn if they offer, and potentially a shorter Vince Young, but for now I'll say..

Current Prediction: LSU

Jameis Winston, Hueytown (AL)
B1G Offers: Ohio State
Other: Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, South Carolina, Mississippi

-Can Ohio State go into Alabama and take a QB prospect from under their noses? Probably not.

Prediction: Alabama

Tyler Jupiter, Plantation (FL)
B1G Offers: Illinois
Other offers: South Florida, Louisville, Rutgers, Boston College

-Unless one of the Big 3 in Florida offers, I see no reason Zook can't pull some recruiting magic.

Prediction: Illinois

Shane Dillon, El Cajon (CA)
B1G Offers: Ohio State
Other offers: Cincinnati

-If the offer list looks weird to you, it should. Dillon is a skinny dude with great mechanics, but his OSU offer largely stems from his training under George Whitfield Jr., a Tressel disciple.

Prediction: Ohio State

Midwest Quarterbacks with offers from non-Big Ten schools:

-Wes Lunt, Rochester (IL): Boston College
-Maty Mauk, Kenton (OH): Notre Dame, Missouri, Cincinatti
-Brendan Nosovitch, Allentown (PA): Virginia

Sniper
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.

JoeJoeBrown
02-03-2011, 08:56 AM
FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.

703SKINS202
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Pike also has an offer from WVU and has a good relationship with Holgerson. I'll dream.

Punisher
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
How about USC bringing in Dorial Green Beckham?

Our wr's would be Robert Woods,Kyle Prater,George Farmer,Dorial Beckham

Can I dream? ;)

Hines
02-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.

Agreed. I love me some Nosovitch. Being compared to Dan Persa.

ToldLikeItIs
02-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Andre McDonald, Jordan Westerkamp, Amara Darboh, Durron Neal

WRS everywhere

thenewfeature06
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Apparently we got a jump on 2012 and signed OLB out of Jacksonville, FL..

Shakeel Rashad.. I want to find film

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.

they want Shane Dillon but I think it's gonna be hard to pull him out of California with all the big schools eventually offering him. Plus Braxton Miller will probably scare him off since Braxton is gonna be a true freshman. He does have Tressel ties though with QB guru George Whitfield Jr. mentoring him - a JT disciple who played for Jim at YSU.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 02:09 PM
my early estimate for preseason top 10 recruits in Ohio:

1-Adolphus Washington-DE
2-Dwyane Stanford-WR
3-Kyle Kalis-RT
4-Warren Ball-RB
5-Chris Wormley-DE
6-Brionte Dunn-RB
7-Greg McMullen-DE
8-Bam Bradley-S
9-Kyle Dodson-LT
10tie-Se'Von Pittman-DE
10tie-LaTroy Lewis-DE

I figure Wormley probably goes to Michigan. Dodson doesn't have and OSU offer yet but he should eventually. He visited Alabama and Auburn so he must be a pretty big deal. Washington, Stanford, Kalis, Ball, Dunn, McMullen, Pittman, and Lewis should all be Buckeyes and serve as the core of our 2012 class. Bradley goes to Trotwood Madison, and Tressel's never offered a Madison Ram before, but Bradley is supposed to be the best safety prospect since Gene Clifford so we'll see.

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Who are the 5 star type QBs in this class? The last couple of classes have been a little weak at the top.

P-L
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not saying that it isn't going to happen, but if all four of those defensive ends commit to Ohio State then that is pretty stupid. The Buckeyes just signed two top 15 DE this year (one of them a 5*). Does Ohio State really want 25% of their class to be made up of defensive ends anyway?

703SKINS202
02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Let's hope not cause I think we have a decent shot at Se'Von Pittman.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm not saying that it isn't going to happen, but if all four of those defensive ends commit to Ohio State then that is pretty stupid. The Buckeyes just signed two top 15 DE this year (one of them a 5*). Does Ohio State really want 25% of their class to be made up of defensive ends anyway?

rather have an elite DE or a lesser TE/CB/OL? Greg McMullen is likely gonna play DT in a few years. He's 6'5"/260 already.

P-L
02-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I can kind of understand it from the school's perspective, but only kind of. The Buckeyes are only going to have around 15-17 spots next year, correct? Sure, you want elite talent but you can't play all those guys at once. I would definitely pick an elite DE over a lesser OL, but I'm not sure I'd take 4 elite DE when I can have 2-3 elite DE and 1-2 good OL. The thing I find odd is that four excellent DE would all want to sign with the same school, especially after said school took two the previous year. Even if McMullen moves inside, that leaves five guys competing for two spots over the next three years.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
well you have consider they play a 4 man rotation at DE too. In 2009 we had Lawrence Wilson, Cam Heyward, Nathan Williams, and Thaddeus Gibson rotating at DE plus Rob Rose playing DT and 5 technique DE and Doug Worthington (a high school DE) playing DT. Redshirts should create some seperation too. Can't have too many 6'5/240 lb. defensive line signees who are that athletic. Some will grow into DTs some will play on the edge, some will play hybrid LB/DE.

As of today we have exactly 16 spots available for 2012 (15 if Chris Carter finally signs after being cleared of sexual abuse charges)....so with average attrition this class should be somewhere between 18 and 21. It only makes sense to take 4 DEs if you consider that they are elite. All those guys are as good of prospects as Steve Miller and Kenny Hayes, or at least come close to it. I think it helps too that we signed 23/24 guys this year and filled every position except RB with at least one quality recruit, so next year we only have to sign OL and DBs to fill numbers - everything else we can take as few as we want and we'll be fine number-wise. Sacrifice signing linebackers and tight ends and quarterbacks since we signed 8 of those this year, and signing more defensive linemen instead works.

Hines
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
my early estimate for preseason top 10 recruits in Ohio:

1-Adolphus Washington-DE
2-Dwyane Stanford-WR
3-Kyle Kalis-RT
4-Warren Ball-RB
5-Chris Wormley-DE
6-Brionte Dunn-RB
7-Greg McMullen-DE
8-Bam Bradley-S
9-Kyle Dodson-LT
10tie-Se'Von Pittman-DE
10tie-LaTroy Lewis-DE

I figure Wormley probably goes to Michigan. Dodson doesn't have and OSU offer yet but he should eventually. He visited Alabama and Auburn so he must be a pretty big deal. Washington, Stanford, Kalis, Ball, Dunn, McMullen, Pittman, and Lewis should all be Buckeyes and serve as the core of our 2012 class. Bradley goes to Trotwood Madison, and Tressel's never offered a Madison Ram before, but Bradley is supposed to be the best safety prospect since Gene Clifford so we'll see.

You're that high on Washington? Man, that's a first. I like him, but I don't think he's the best player in the state.
A few Ohio kids that I like and would hope PSU gets involved with due to OSU's limited scholis that are not on that list:

William Mahone RB
Corey Smith WR
Taylor Decker OT
Bryan Cox Jr DE/OLB
LaTroy Lewis DE
Allen Grant S
DaShawn Hall S

draftguru151
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
This is basically everyone who has been mentioned with UM. Bolded are commits.

QB- Gunnar Holcombe, Shane Dillon, Ricardo Louis (WR)
RB- Duke Johnson, Matt Jones, Wesley Brown
WR- Angelo Jean-Louis, Brandon Snell, Deandre Jasper, Stefon Diggs, Marvin Bracy, Justin Ferguson, Chris Black, Derrick Woods
TE- Justin Chandler
OT- Nacho Garcia, Andrus Peat, John Theus, Avery Young
OG- Duaron Williams
DE- Noah Spence, Jelani Hamilton, Daniel Perry, Trent Taylor, Bryan Singleton
DT- Eddie Goldman, Davion Samuels, Earl Moore, Anthony Smith
LB- Keith Brown, Jazzmar Clax, Eric Kinsey, Dillon Lee
CB- Tracy Howard, Amos Leggett, Donaldven Manning, Brian Poole, Wayne Morgan
S- Willie Bailey, Deon Bush, Bam Bradley, DJ Singleton, Marcus Maye, Elijah Shumate

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Washington already has offers from teams like Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Michigan State, Alabama, and Texas A&M and is a division I basketball recruit who is a true freak athlete that is all but certainly gonna be one of the first guys invited to play in the 2012 Army Bowl. It's early but I think best player in the state is between him, Wormley, Stanford, and Ball though Kalis and McMullen will get some talk. Right now Washington clearly has the best offer list.

Bryan Cox Jr. and Tom Strobel would be top ten prospects in the state any other year, especially Strobel. I don't get Corey Smith. He was amazing for Akron Buchtel this year at WR and CB but his offers and attention isn't what you would expect from such a superstar speed demon. Allen Gant kinda fell off the radar after getting so much hype as a sophomore.

Hines
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Washington already has offers from teams like Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Michigan State, Alabama, and Texas A&M and is a division I basketball recruit who is a true freak athlete that is all but certainly gonna be one of the first guys invited to play in the 2012 Army Bowl. It's early but I think best player in the state is between him, Wormley, Stanford, and Ball though Kalis and McMullen will get some talk. Right now Washington clearly has the best offer list.

Bryan Cox Jr. and Tom Strobel would be top ten prospects in the state any other year, especially Strobel. I don't get Corey Smith. He was amazing for Akron Buchtel this year at WR and CB but his offers and attention isn't what you would expect from such a superstar speed demon. Allen Gant kinda fell off the radar after getting so much hype as a sophomore.

I'm not too worried about Jrs getting offers when it's February. If they don't have major offers by like December, then ya, I'd say something was up.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
well I'm sure he's gonna get plenty of fine offers but other WRs in Ohio have gotten more attention than him which is a bit surprising. I guess he is kinda small at 5'11"/170.

Another name that needs mentioning is Taylor Decker from Vandalia, OH. 6'8"/275 great basketball player and left tackle prospect. Will probably go to Notre Dame though. Great year for OLinemen in Ohio with at least Kyle Kalis, Kyle Dodson, Jacoby Boren, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Stanko, and Decker all being big 4 quality.

Hines
02-03-2011, 04:47 PM
well I'm sure he's gonna get plenty of fine offers but other WRs in Ohio have gotten more attention than him which is a bit surprising. I guess he is kinda small at 5'11"/170.

Another name that needs mentioning is Taylor Decker from Vandalia, OH. 6'8"/275 great basketball player and left tackle prospect. Will probably go to Notre Dame though. Great year for OLinemen in Ohio with at least Kyle Kalis, Kyle Dodson, Jacoby Boren, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Stanko, and Decker all being big 4 quality.

I mentioned Decker! I really like him. Has such a nice frame and I think he can get to 320 and not lose any of his elite athleticism.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah he's an exciting tackle prospect. sucks that he's a notre dame lean, we need more athletic OTs badly.

keylime_5
02-03-2011, 10:20 PM
For the record, the Glenville prospect that is gonna get all the hype this year is CB Devan Bogard, who already has been offered by USC. BACK OFF KIFFIN!!!! Unlike Walker this guy is without a doubt a Buckeye lock if/when we offer.

dannyz
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
A list of the top 150 Players for the 2012 Recruiting Class. Enjoy.
http://www.theringer.com/Football2012

Avery Johnson - Patrick Peterson's Little Brother
Andrus Peat - Brother Committed to Nebraska Yesterday
Johnathan Gray - The Next Big RB Recruit out of Texas.

Sniper
02-04-2011, 07:55 AM
For the record, the Glenville prospect that is gonna get all the hype this year is CB Devan Bogard, who already has been offered by USC. BACK OFF KIFFIN!!!! Unlike Walker this guy is without a doubt a Buckeye lock if/when we offer.

Walker was considered a Buckeye lock when you offered.

keylime_5
02-04-2011, 09:27 AM
he was, but unlike Walker, Bogard actually admits as much.

ToldLikeItIs
02-04-2011, 09:36 AM
The term lock is tossed around way too much lately.

BuckeyeDan17
02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Does Warren Ball look that fast to you guys? I love how he keeps his feet moving upon contact, but just doesn't seem to have breakaway speed. I think i like Dunn better. It's dumb how crowded our backfield is. I pray to our OLINE is at least decent next year they (Hyde, Smith, Berry) should make noise.

Also, how come Joe Bolden hasn't been offered by us yet?

Sniper
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Does Warren Ball look that fast to you guys? I love how he keeps his feet moving upon contact, but just doesn't seem to have breakaway speed. I think i like Dunn better. It's dumb how crowded our backfield is. I pray to our OLINE is at least decent next year they (Hyde, Smith, Berry) should make noise.

Also, how come Joe Bolden hasn't been offered by us yet?

I completely agree. To me, Ball is a high 3*, low 4* type. Not a bad back, but you guys have a better back with Dunn. I'm a little surprised that they took Ball's verbal without waiting longer for Shell.

BuckeyeDan17
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I completely agree. To me, Ball is a high 3*, low 4* type. Not a bad back, but you guys have a better back with Dunn. I'm a little surprised that they took Ball's verbal without waiting longer for Shell.

Yeah, wanted Shell. And obviously, has a real good chance of beating them both out, but he probably wouldn't risk it and regardless of how talented he is would be buried on the depth chart for at least a year. Wouldn't even get chances on KO and PR since that's Berry's/Hall's thang. We need some serious OL this year Kalis is a nice start. Would you guys put Wormley above McMullen? Ohio DE talent for '12 is bonkerz.

thebow305
02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Yay 2012!!! JELANIZZZzzZZZ HAMILTONZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

draftguru151
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Miami offered Zeke Pike.

critesy
02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
AU has one commit from in-state G Michael Flint.

offers from bama, ark, uf, fsu, lsu, ucla

draftguru151
02-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Miami CB Donaldven Manning commits to Virginia Tech.

keylime_5
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Ball was/is the #1 RB on Ohio State's board for 2012. Dunn and Shell were behind him, but both were offered.

He can make some pretty good cuts at full speed and has excellent size and power for being as fast as he is. The only thing he lacks is that top end breakaway speed. People kinda forget about Ball since he missed most of his junior year with injury and Dunn had a monster year at his new school Canton Glenoak and was in the top 3 for Mr. Football voting, but most people considered him the top player in the state after his sophomore year.

ToldLikeItIs
02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Let's talk about Dan Voltz

Complex
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Is Deion Sanders Jr ranked?

dannyz
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
What do you guys think about Kwon Alexander? Great closing Speed.

bearsfan_51
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Andre McDonald, Jordan Westerkamp, Amara Darboh, Durron Neal

WRS everywhere
Andre McDonald commits to Minnesota.

Sucka.

Duffman57
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
What does everyone think of Taylor McNamara? I've seen him play more than a lot of times, and i think he could be really good at some point. He's one of the hardest workers ive seen in HS.

ToldLikeItIs
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
That won't last.

critesy
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
alabama is fulll of talent this year. some top people auburn is going after..

rb - tj yeldon from AL
de - jordan jenkins and quinteze williams from GA
lb - kwon alexander from AL
qb - zeke pike from KY

CashmoneyDrew
02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
alabama is fulll of talent this year. some top people auburn is going after..

rb - tj yeldon from AL
de - jordan jenkins and quinteze williams from GA
lb - kwon alexander from AL
qb - zeke pike from AL

Zeke Pike is from Kentucky.

critesy
02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Zeke Pike is from Kentucky.
that is correct. i knew that too dont know why i put AL.

jballa838
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Jeff Lindquist might end up the #1 QB on the west coast. Come on Sark!!! The fence!!

Hines
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Arizona QB Connor Brewer commits to Texas. This is the second straight year that Texas has taken the best kid in Arizona. Let's see if Brown can keep this kid this time, instead of losing him like Westerman.

bearsfan_51
02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
That won't last.
Yes it will. And if it doesn't, he won't go to Iowa. No interest at all in going there.

Iowa almost never gets top players in Minnesota, Broderick Binns being the only real exception.

ToldLikeItIs
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
No, it won't.

iowatreat54
02-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes it will. And if it doesn't, he won't go to Iowa. No interest at all in going there.

Iowa almost never gets top players in Minnesota, Broderick Binns being the only real exception.

Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Seriously though, I don't know much about 2012 prospects except that I really want Diamond, Westerkamp, Voltz, and Valentine out of Illinois. Oh, and Tommy Schutt.

I know Diamond and Valentine are already getting some big time looks. Hopefully having Coe (Edwardsville) will help with Valentine, and Walsh (Glenbard West) will help with Schutt. But I expect the state of Illinois to be very generous to Iowa yet again this year.

Hines
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Seriously though, I don't know much about 2012 prospects except that I really want Diamond, Westerkamp, Voltz, and Valentine out of Illinois. Oh, and Tommy Schutt.

I know Diamond and Valentine are already getting some big time looks. Hopefully having Coe (Edwardsville) will help with Valentine, and Walsh (Glenbard West) will help with Schutt. But I expect the state of Illinois to be very generous to Iowa yet again this year.

Schutt is a HUGE PSU fan. Granted it might not mean much, but I feel as if PSU gets on him early and shows him love(I don't see why they wouldn't), then he could commit early to PSU.

BPhilb
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Neither does Minnesota.

ZING

Valentine appears to be a stud. We are on him here at Mizzou and he appears to be top target this year. From what I have read it sounds like he wants to stay fairly close to home, but who knows if that will change is he looks around more. Someone is going to get a good one with this kid.

djp
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Miami CB Donaldven Manning commits to Virginia Tech.

Donaldven? Am I reading that correctly? Man, black people have some crazy names.

MassNole
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
The only comparison I have seen for Zeke Pike is Chris Rix and not in a positive manner.

scottyboy
02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
i want to get into recruiting for realz guiz. I started to big time come the whole Savon Huggins thing and it reminded me how awesome recruiting is to follow. Using that link posted of the top 150, I looked into 3 guys from NJ/NY.
4* ATH DJ Singleton seems to be a guy we can get, it says 4* safety Elijah Shumate is good friends with QB Gary Nova who committed to RU this year, and it says Wayne Morgan (CB) is between really Penn St. and Miami, but USC and Rutgers are still very much in the mix.

any good sites where I can really get into the whole recruiting buzz and ****?

draftguru151
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Shumate is getting offers from all over, sounds really interested in South Carolina, gonna be hard for Rutgers to keep him in state.

scottyboy
02-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Shumate is getting offers from all over, sounds really interested in South Carolina, gonna be hard for Rutgers to keep him in state.

dammit!
but I hae read he's good friends with Gary Nova, which could be Rutgers best shot, especially if Nova wins the starting job this year.
We're going to need a really good season this year to start keeping the top talent in state.

what's the word on guys down in Florida? any liking RU? since Rutgers seems to get just as many Florida guys as we do NJ/NY guys

Giantsfan1080
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Rivals is the better Rutgers recruiting site to follow.

draftguru151
02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
AJ Leggett back to Miami. This should be fun.

DB class of Leggett, Howard, Willie Bailey and Deon Bush sounds decent.

Hurricanes25
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
i want to get into recruiting for realz guiz. I started to big time come the whole Savon Huggins thing and it reminded me how awesome recruiting is to follow. Using that link posted of the top 150, I looked into 3 guys from NJ/NY.
4* ATH DJ Singleton seems to be a guy we can get, it says 4* safety Elijah Shumate is good friends with QB Gary Nova who committed to RU this year, and it says Wayne Morgan (CB) is between really Penn St. and Miami, but USC and Rutgers are still very much in the mix.

any good sites where I can really get into the whole recruiting buzz and ****?
Another guy to look out for is Alvin Cornelius from Staten island. Big 6'2 WR who made a lot of buzz last year and is expected to have a huge season this upcoming fall. I hear he has a lot of interest in Rutgers.

AJ Leggett back to Miami. This should be fun.

DB class of Leggett, Howard, Willie Bailey and Deon Bush sounds decent.

Is he related to Lance?

draftguru151
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Don't believe so.

Giantsfan1080
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
dammit!
but I hae read he's good friends with Gary Nova, which could be Rutgers best shot, especially if Nova wins the starting job this year.
We're going to need a really good season this year to start keeping the top talent in state.

what's the word on guys down in Florida? any liking RU? since Rutgers seems to get just as many Florida guys as we do NJ/NY guys

Also, don't forget that since we got Hafley our relationship with Don Bosco has improved immensely which is going to pay big dividends for us. Schiano and Toal didn't get along that well and he didn't want many of his kids going to Rutgers but that relationship seems to have been repaired. I'm not going to count us out of the Bosco players like I had to before Hafley arrived.

draftguru151
02-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Rivals 250 watch list (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2851)

Hines
02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
With the rich talent in their area, PSU has no excuses to not have a top 10 class this year.

Pat Sims 90
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Ohio has some pretty soild DE propects out there.

P-L
02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
With the rich talent in their area, PSU has no excuses to not have a top 10 class this year.
Michigan fans are expecting a top ten class too based on how loaded the Midwest is this year, but it's still going to be difficult for a team who isn't regularly in the top ten to get there. You gotta figure that Alabama, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, and Florida State already have half of the top ten spots locked up. Auburn will probably finish with a top ten class coming off of a National Championship and I expect Florida to rebound in a big way. If USC can find enough scholarships to give (and I assume Kiffin doesn't have an issue with over-signing) then they will have a top ten class as well. Realistically, there isn't going to be many top ten spots up for grabs. I think Michigan and Penn State fans should aim for a top 15 class. Setting the bar any higher is likely going to lead to some disappointments.

JayP
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Notre Dame's visitor list for junior day later this month:

Confirmed:

Ifeadi Odenigbo OH DE
Frank Taylor PA OG
Shane Callahan CO AT
Colin Thompson PA TE
Robert Gregory IL QB
Anthony Maddie IL QB
Brendan Nosovitch PA QB
Desmon Peoples PA RB
Gehrig Dieter IN WR
Efe Scott-Emuakpor MI WR
Maty Mauk OH QB
Jordan Payton CA WR
Bryce Treggs CA WR
Jordan Westerkamp IL WR
Pharaoh Brown OH TE
Kent Taylor FL TE
Blake Thomas OH TE
Brandon Arcidicano PA OL
Taylor Decker OH OL
Jordan Diamond IL OL
Benny McGowan OH OL
Andrus Peat AZ OL
Dan Voltz IL OL
Noah Spence PA DE
James Ross MI LB
Mike Scherer MO LB
Terry Richardson MI DB
Tyler Lance OH ATH

Unconfirmed:

Troy Watson OH OG

critesy
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
after getting westerman auburn is trying its luck in arizona.

offered davonta neal 5-9 170 with ridiculous numbers.

Neal had a huge junior season totaling 29 touchdowns and leading Chaparral to a 14-0 record and second-straight state championship. On offense, he had 37 receptions for 907 yards and 11 touchdowns and 59 carries for 551 yards and 12 touchdowns.

As a cornerback on defense, he added 22 tackles, nine pass breakups and five interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. He also totaled 665 return yards and four more touchdowns.

annnd andrus peat the top OT 6-7 280. he already expressed interest back in jan around nat champ time.

Hines
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
You stay away from Neal!! I doubt Penn State gets Neal anyways.

Peat should be going to Nebraska.

critesy
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
neal would be so sexy with malzahn's offense mmmmmm :)

Sniper
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Rich Rodriguez summed up in two sentences

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6112303

In the fall of 2008, Clowney's sophomore year, then-Michigan assistant coach Tony Gibson was recruiting [CB Stephon] Gilmore. The Wolverines wanted him as a quarterback to run their zone read in Ann Arbor.

Let's recruit one of the top corners in the country- AND PUT HIM ON OFFENSE!

draftguru151
02-13-2011, 04:20 PM
FL QB Gray Crow commits to Miami.

Duffman57
02-14-2011, 02:30 AM
neal would be so sexy with malzahn's offense mmmmmm :)

He would be MUCH sexier in Chip Kellys offense....

Sniper
02-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Who will be your team's next (or first, in some cases) next 2012 commit?

If I had to guess, I'd go with MI TE Ron Thompson for Michigan.

CashmoneyDrew
02-14-2011, 03:03 PM
For the Vols I'd say the way it looks now MI DT Danny O'Brien will probably be the first.

Hines
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
One of Tommy Schutt, Eugene Lewis, Chrus Mueller, or JJ Denmann.

Sniper
02-14-2011, 03:05 PM
For the Vols I'd say the way it looks now MI DT Danny O'Brien will probably be the first.

That would be greatly disappointing. I would prefer that Tennessee stops recruiting the state of Michigan.

TitansCJftw
02-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Rivals 250 watch list (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2851)

thanks for the link hadnt seen this yet, after a quick glance through the qbs on the list matt davis and zeke pike whew they both have one hell of an offer list from tons of high profile schools

draftguru151
02-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I could see WR/ATH Ricardo Louis committing to UM soon, has a legit offer and is a big time Cane fan. Will probably be some random person though.

P-L
02-14-2011, 04:30 PM
That would surprise me. Us Michigan fans have been lead to believe O'Brien isn't anywhere close to a decision.

critesy
02-14-2011, 04:43 PM
AL RB/LB Beniquez Brown (6'2 205) might be AU's next commit.

M.O.T.H.
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Not in love with the South Carolina in state prospects for 2012. I've been waiting too long for a premiere QB recruit for us. Ideally, one who is built for and who would excel in the spread option. Hopefully Tanner McEvoy can be this guy in a few years, but yeah, I really want to land a stud at QB this year.

They'll spend some time on Jameis Winston, but good luck with that.

I know they love that Nosovitch kid as well.

CashmoneyDrew
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
That would surprise me. Us Michigan fans have been lead to believe O'Brien isn't anywhere close to a decision.

I'm purely guessing as I don't know his timetable, but UT was his first offer and he always talks about how much he loves it at UT and the family atmosphere. Also says we lead. Pure guess.

ToldLikeItIs
02-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Amara Darboh will be Iowa's first commit.

sbh15
02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
RB Matt Jones commits to Florida. 3 good commits to get this class rolling.

critesy
02-14-2011, 09:38 PM
RB Matt Jones commits to Florida. 3 good commits to get this class rolling.
good commit. auburn was just starting to go after him pretty hard. probably still will.

sbh15
02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
good commit. auburn was just starting to go after him pretty hard. probably still will.

I doubt any major program will back off the guy, he's an animal.

Sniper
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
MI LB Royce Jenkins-Stone apparently picked up an Oklahoma offer.

thenewfeature06
02-15-2011, 03:21 PM
North Carolina RB Keith Marshall picked up his 19th BCS offer today.

Looks to be a speed back, hope we can land him.

critesy
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
MI LB Royce Jenkins-Stone apparently picked up an Oklahoma offer.
im pretty sure AU has offered and is trying their luck with him.

JoeJoeBrown
02-15-2011, 05:03 PM

im pretty sure AU has offered and is trying their luck with him.

You guys are going to run out of money if you keep getting into bidding wars.

;-)

Sniper
02-15-2011, 05:04 PM
You guys are going to run out of money if you keep getting into bidding wars.

;-)

Cyrus Kouandjio picking Alabama instead of Auburn was a huge boost to AU's recruiting budget.

draftguru151
02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
The CEO of Colonial Bank is Auburn's backer so I doubt they run out of money any time soon.

metafour
02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
The CEO of Colonial Bank is Auburn's backer so I doubt they run out of money any time soon.

You mean the same bank that went bankrupt? :\

draftguru151
02-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I hope Cam's check doesn't bounce!

metafour
02-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope Cam's check doesn't bounce!

You mad brah?

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
You mad brah?

You mad he mad?

LizardState
02-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Despite having their baseball program eliminated in budget cuts last wk. & Tedford on the hotseat Cal landed the #7 QB prospect in the country in Archbishop Mitty's Kyle Boehm, who's 6-3. Cal also got the best defensive class in the region.

http://www.mercurynews.com/high-school-sports/ci_17264319

RB Amir Carlisle, who holds all the Santa Clara Co. CA rushing rcds, was originally headed for Stanford, but then changed his mind for USC afer Harbaugh took the 9ers HC job.

thenewfeature06
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Looks to be a solid get for Cal since the program has sorta been down.

bearsfan_51
02-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Mankato QB, Philip Nelson, commits to the Gophers. It's a bit of a surprise as his dad was a Badger, but I guess he didn't feel like waiting.

That's three in-state commits for Jerry Kill so far. Nice start.

sbh15
02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Gators pick up commits from RB Mike Davis (James Davis' brother) and LB Jeremi Powell. More of the Stephenson boys should join Davis (i.e. JaFar Mann and Jarontay Jones)

draftguru151
02-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Lake Gibson DE Trent Taylor commits to Miami.

Sniper
02-20-2011, 03:03 PM
MI DE/DT Matt Godin just got a Michigan offer. He's expected to eventually commit to Michigan.

sbh15
02-22-2011, 12:20 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/34h6mo9.jpg

Tracey Howard, if you couldn't tell

LizardState
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Quinton Dial could be his DE replacement, 6-6, 315, from (love that town name) Scooba, MS.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/687/026/dial22_display_image.jpg?1296667042

Will probably keep his #99 jersey no.

sbh15
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Also, Jarontay Jones said the only thing that kept him from committing to UF on Junior Day was he wanted to take more visits. JaFar Mann has UF on top as well, along with Raphael Kirby.

Muschamp has also been showing Gainesville CB Chris Bivins a lot of love lately.

JoeJoeBrown
02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Muschamp has also been showing Gainesville CB Chris Bivins a lot of love lately.

Does he do that with his left or right hand?

iowatreat54
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Recruiting a kid from Gainesville sounds like a real challenge for a Gator coach....

Muschamp could prolly sleep with the kids mom and never call her a gain, and I bet he'd still go to UF.

JoeJoeBrown
02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Recruiting a kid from Gainesville sounds like a real challenge for a Gator coach....

Muschamp could prolly sleep with the kids mom and never call her a gain, and I bet he'd still go to UF.

My sources say that this is true.

CashmoneyDrew
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM

They lost a couple from Gainesville this past season.

M.O.T.H.
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I cant believe we lost Shane Beamer...what a huge hit for SCAR's recruiting talent.

thebow305
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/34h6mo9.jpg

Tracey Howard, if you couldn't tell

This breaks my heart. He better be joking!!

proshoota25
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
that would sexx come to gainesville tracy

draftguru151
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/brittleankles/MattJones.jpg

Matt Jones a couple weeks ago.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185604_166072063443194_100001212049072_396783_3427 400_n.jpg

Avery Johnson on the right a few days ago.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/gwhiz377/diggs.jpg

Stefon Diggs and Wes Brown.

One is a UF commit, one is an LSU commit and the other 2 are Cane fans but are pretty wide open. Pics of guys throwing up the U or doing the chomp really don't mean ****, especially on a visit. Howard is a UF lean right now but loved UM before Randy was fired, and that was when UF was recruiting him a ton harder than UM. He also said he wants to play with Leggett and he's gonna be surrounded by Canes on the South Florida Express 7 on 7 team all summer. Not saying he ends up at UM but not really worried about him atm.

proshoota25
02-22-2011, 08:50 PM
great post brotha

sbh15
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm not acting like he's a commit, but I like the picture.

bearsfan_51
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Gophers get their 4th Minnesota commit from TE, Maxx Williams.

Big year for Minnesota talent, hopefully we keep gobbling it up.

critesy
02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
auburn offered illinois OT jordan diamond.

P-L
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
auburn offered illinois OT jordan diamond.
Auburn should probably stay away from him. Michigan already has enough competition for him.

critesy
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
haha i think they're testin the national spotlight of what a NC can do for a program. gone into arizona, cali, illinois, delaware, maryland offering recruits this year so far. i highly doubt they get the people from there (except delaware, seem to have a connection with the one school). i expect them to stick south.

iowatreat54
02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Auburn should probably stay away from him. Michigan already has enough competition for him.

You guys got Bryant so I would be shocked if Diamond goes anywhere else. Of course if Michigan tanks it might change things, but I don't think it would and I don't think they will.

draftguru151
02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
RB Drew Harris, LB Noor Davis and LB Royce Jenkins-Stone recently got Cane offers. Davis is from the Orlando area but the other two are OOS guys, anyone got info on them?

ToldLikeItIs
02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
The pictures are weird.

These kids are at home eating home cooking, allow that, and embrace it.

critesy
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Also, Jarontay Jones said the only thing that kept him from committing to UF on Junior Day was he wanted to take more visits. JaFar Mann has UF on top as well, along with Raphael Kirby.

those stephenson boys all had AU near or at the top when tracy rocker was here. when he left they all had question of where they stood with AU. well they all visited this weekend and jarontay and mann have AU on top after sittin and talkin with chiz and co.

CashmoneyDrew
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Tennessee gets their first 2012 commit with Georgia runningback Imani Cross. Big dude at around 6'1" 225 pounds.

Sniper
02-27-2011, 06:13 AM
RB Drew Harris, LB Noor Davis and LB Royce Jenkins-Stone recently got Cane offers. Davis is from the Orlando area but the other two are OOS guys, anyone got info on them?

Drew Harris has pretty good physical skills, but he has little to no vision.

CaneBang
02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't know if this is old news or not but legit 4-Star receiver Cayleb Jones picked Texas. No big surprise, but noteworthy nonetheless.

draftguru151
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I think that's number 11 for UT. Jones is a beast.

critesy
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
yeah cayleb is super awesome.

keylime_5
02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Ohio State offered another DE yesterday. That means we've offered these instate DEs:

Greg McMullen
Chris Wormley
Adolphus Washington
Se'Von Pittman
LaTroy Lewis
Ifeadi Odenigbu
and Tom Strobel

first come first serve if i ever saw it.

Hines
02-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Key, how high are you on William Mahone? Bill Greene on Scout loves him and PSU offered him and we are on the top of his list. I saw some film on him and he was looking good. Is he the third best back in the state?

P-L
02-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Jenkins-Stone was thought to be a Michigan lock early on, but has since started blowing up with offers. He was also upset that he did get his U-M offer on signing day. If anyone wants him, now is the time to go after him.

keylime_5
02-28-2011, 03:12 PM
i havent seen much of mahone. after we got ball and dunn to commit i kinda stop looking at runningback prospects. bill greene would know though for sure.

bearsfan_51
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Dan Voltz releases a top 8 of:

Auburn, Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa.

JayP
03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Dan Voltz releases a top 8 of:

Auburn, Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa.

I like ND's chances in that fight.

JayP
03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
ND lands their first commit for 2012...Tee Shepard, 6'1 175 DB from Fresno, CA.

wicket
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I like ND's chances in that fight.

same here,

and yeah for Sheppard :)

ToldLikeItIs
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Voltz likes Wisconsin.

KobeBryant833
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Tanner mangum QB from boise idaho has offers from Boise State, BYU, Utah, Arkansas and Oregon State.

SickwithIt1010
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Tanner mangum QB from boise idaho has offers from Boise State, BYU, Utah, Arkansas and Oregon State.

Wheres massnole so we can tell him to **** himself.

Boy from Idaho getting some love from an SEC school. Not too bad, I think Taysom was better, but this kid is good.

bearsfan_51
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Arkansas is often scouting Montana and Idaho because Bobby Petrino has roots there.

HindSight
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
doesn't arkansas offer about 500 kids a year?

bearsfan_51
03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
There's that too.

I think it's interesting that there are a lot of Midwestern kids this year with offers from Alabama and Auburn, but not Iowa, Minnesota, etc.

But no, nothing wrong with oversigning.

BigJohn98
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Mario Edwards, Jr. will be visiting FSU next week for a couple of days.

703SKINS202
03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
ND offered William Mahone.

critesy
03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
auburn is having a junior day saturday.

Sniper
03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Sounds like OH LB Kaleb Ringer (nephew of former Sparty RB Javon Ringer) might commit to Michigan pretty soon.

Sniper
03-04-2011, 01:25 PM
MI LB Royce Jenkins-Stone is racking up offers like crazy. Alabama is the latest one.

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Sounds like OH LB Kaleb Ringer (nephew of former Sparty RB Javon Ringer) might commit to Michigan pretty soon.

Nephew? Ringer has to be like 25. haha. Damn.

Hines
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
MI LB Royce Jenkins-Stone is racking up offers like crazy. Alabama is the latest one.

I like RJS more than I like James Ross.

Sniper
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I like RJS more than I like James Ross.

You are silly.

P-L
03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I think Royce is getting a lot of offers because teams really want Terry Richardson. They aren't necessarily a package deal, but I think they would both like to play together in college. Royce is a good player in his own right, but I don't think he's as good as his offer list suggests.

Sniper
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I think Royce is getting a lot of offers because teams really want Terry Richardson. They aren't necessarily a package deal, but I think they would both like to play together in college. Royce is a good player in his own right, but I don't think he's as good as his offer list suggests.

Is Richardson that good? I'm way of short corners. I don't like them at all.

JayP
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
ND gets commit #2.....OH OL Taylor Decker. I think Keylime pretty much called this one.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4273-decker-makes-two

critesy
03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
auburn offered top minnesota target OT jonah pirsig

oversigning!!!

P-L
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Is Richardson that good? I'm way of short corners. I don't like them at all.
I don't watch a lot of high school film, so I couldn't give much of an educated opinion. However, it has been said that he's easily the best of the four most recent Cass Tech corners (remember, BooBoo was a 5* on Scout). He's got an offer list of a top 100 player as well: Alabama, Iowa, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, UCLA, and USC. I haven't seen it confirmed, but I think he has Oregon too.

bearsfan_51
03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
auburn offered top minnesota target OT jonah pirsig

oversigning!!!
That's a weird offer. I don't think too many Minnesota kids grow up dreaming of playing for Auburn.

On the other hand, I hear that an offer for Pirsig is in the works from USC. I'll be completely honest, even if Pirsig commits to Minnesota, I don't see the hype. He's Jimmy Gjere (4-star Minnesota player) with worse feet. He's not dominating in rural Minnesota, and his footwork isn't that great.

The kid is huge, but I don't see a 5-star prospect.

keylime_5
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
ND gets commit #2.....OH OL Taylor Decker. I think Keylime pretty much called this one.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/4273-decker-makes-two

yeah, his coach is a regular on the OSU board. I think OSU is wanting Kyle Dodson from Cleveland to pair with Kyle Kalis (who just received an US Army AA Bowl invite this week), lucky us. Decker = elite athlete if there ever was one.

JayP
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Decker = elite athlete if there ever was one.

I'm definitely impressed with his potential. 6'8, 270 and he looks scrawny. Coach Longo is gonna have a field day with him.

Hines
03-07-2011, 06:48 AM
OH OL Anthony Stanko is expected to visit Penn State next weekend and is rumored he could commit on the visit. If he doesn't then he should commit soon after. I like it.

draftguru151
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
GA WR Jontavious Carter commits to Miami. Don't know anything other than he's 6-4 and a diehard Cane. Tons of great WR in Florida but none that are tall. Carter to go along with Ricardo Louis, Stefon Diggs and Angelo Jean-Louis looks good.

nikkayeah
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
shaq thompson to cal. next eric berry maybe?

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2011, 02:53 AM
shaq thompson to cal. next eric berry maybe?

There can only be one Eric Berry.....

nikkayeah
03-12-2011, 03:34 PM
There can only be one Eric Berry.....

nvm he decommitted today lol

iowatreat54
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
IL OL Dan Voltz supposedly announcing Tuesday at 8 pm (Central I'd guess).

My guess is he's a domer.

dannyz
03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
nvm he decommitted today lol

Where is he going?

P-L
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
IL OL Dan Voltz supposedly announcing Tuesday at 8 pm (Central I'd guess).

My guess is he's a domer.
He's announcing this early? Then there's no question he's going to Notre Dame.

mat33
03-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Unfortunately I think it's Northwestern or Wisconsin, I'm leaning towards Northwestern.

iowatreat54
03-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Yup. I guess it's a 3 horse race with ND, NW, and I think Wisconsin. I think I read he was at NW's spring practice this weekend, so I might agree with mat33.

I can never fault a recruit for choosing some place like NW or Stanford over some of the big boys, even though I know there will be legions of those that will (fault him for it).

bearsfan_51
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Fitzgerald and Harbaugh have shown that you can win at schools like that, although fan support will always be terrible.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2011, 02:44 PM

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WisconsinBadgers.jpg

BigJohn98
03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Mario Edwards Jr. commits to FSU!!!!!!!!!

P-L
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Whoops. I guess I put a little too much stock into what a couple of Notre Dame homers told me. Oh well, glad he picked Wisconsin over Notre Dame.

Punisher
03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Top 5 candidate for 2012?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWJUidBgd0
5 star at either LB or TE.

Hines
03-19-2011, 07:27 PM
OH OL Anthony Stanko is the first commit for Penn State. I like this pick up!

Don Vito
03-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Dorial Green-Beckham is at Ole Miss today for an unofficial visit. I'm surprised he is visiting, but if he is here I guess we have something resembling a chance. I'm just happy when big name recruits like him even visit here, it is encouraging.

dannyz
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Dorial Green-Beckham is at Ole Miss today for an unofficial visit. I'm surprised he is visiting, but if he is here I guess we have something resembling a chance. I'm just happy when big name recruits like him even visit here, it is encouraging.

DGB could be great. I have seen comparisons to Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green. That means he must be really, really good.

critesy
03-21-2011, 05:27 PM
yeah when youre 6'6 220 and you win the 100m state title.. youre a freak athlete.

sbh15
03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
boy is UF off to a hot start recruiting... JaFar Mann commits, Jessamen Dunker a few weeks before. Already up to 7 in the class.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Vonte Jackson commits to Wisconsin. Not a huge surprise--they almost never lose homegrown kids--but he had visited a few places. Nice start so far for Bucky.

holt_bruce81
03-30-2011, 11:30 AM
I wonder what Missouri's chances are of getting Dorial Green-Beckham. Even with the Success the programs had over the last few years, I give it a 6% chance.

sbh15
03-30-2011, 11:17 PM
DE/DT Quinteze Williams commits to UF. That makes 8, I believe. Muschamp is sure filling this class up fast.

draftguru151
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Scout 300 (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2012)

TheRinger 300 (http://www.theringer.com/Football2012)

HindSight
04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
wtf? every year i look for kids near me who are on a recruiting list....and i expect to have to either scroll for a while or realize PA HS football is only played in pittsburgh.

and boom.....some kid from the city I live in is in the top 10.

draftguru151
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
DB Willie Bailey flips from Miami to Florida.

ToldLikeItIs
04-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Iowa's first commit is 6'5 287 lb OG Mitchell Keppy from Port Byron, Illinois.

JayP
04-16-2011, 10:59 AM
MD ATH Ronald Darby commits to ND prior to the Blue/Gold game. 5'11 and runs a 4.37. Good RB, but wants to play DB. Works for me.

I hope he gets in his buddy Keith Marshall's ear and gets him to commit as well.

bearsfan_51
04-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Let's talk some midwest recruiting. Where will the following players go? (my predictions in parentheses)

-Durron Neal, WR, St. Louis (Alabama or USC)
-Jordan Westerkamp, WR, Chicago (Minnesota or Nebraska)
-Jonah Pirsig, OT, Minnesota (Pick a B10 team, I have no idea)
-Faith Ekakitie, DE, Chicago (Tennessee or Iowa)
-Tommy Schutt, DT, Chicago (Ohio State or Notre Dame)
-Jaleel Johnson, DT, Chicago (Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota)
-Sheldon Day, DT, Indianapolis (Michigan)

CashmoneyDrew
04-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Let's talk some midwest recruiting. Where will the following players go? (my predictions in parentheses)

Haven't heard much about him. Any insight on him as a player and his recruiting situation?

JayP
04-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Without a huge push, I don't think ND lands Schutt. PSU may be in the driver seat for him. And ND has made some serious inroads with Day. His family is in his ear saying that he'll be set for life with a degree from there. We shall see.

Also, ND picks up 2 more before the B/G Game. ATH Nick Baretti (Projected at S) and LS Scott Daly. Daly was offered today and accepted on the spot.

bearsfan_51
04-16-2011, 12:48 PM
He's Canadian, moved to Chicago about three years ago and enrolled at Lake Forest Academy (good school in suburban Chicago). Decided to switch from basketball to football, good speed for a strongside defensive end. 4 star guy on all the major sites.

I really don't know much about his recruiting situation. Seems like the recruiting websites have him pegged as a Big Ten guy, but since he's from Canada I don't think he'll have the same ties to the area as a lot of players do. Took a stab at Tennessee as an outside school, also has offers from Oregon, Vandy, etc.

He could also be an ideal Northwestern recruit, since Lake Forest is a college prep academy. Don't know anything about his desires, but he could be waiting for a Notre Dame offer.

Hines
04-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, Schutt is a PSU fan. Not sure it'll help much, but PSU has had recent success with PSU fans lately.

Silver & Blue
04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Royce Jenkins-Stone commits to Michigan! Two linebackers in two days. Now we just need to get James Ross.

BPhilb
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Allen, TX RB Jonathan Williams commits to Missouri.

Hines
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Royce Jenkins-Stone commits to Michigan! Two linebackers in two days. Now we just need to get James Ross.

I'm thinking JR might end up in the Blue and White.

holt_bruce81
04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Allen, TX RB Jonathan Williams commits to Missouri.

Very solid recruit.

Hines
04-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Ronald Darby to Notre Dame.

wicket
04-17-2011, 10:17 AM
MD ATH Ronald Darby commits to ND prior to the Blue/Gold game. 5'11 and runs a 4.37. Good RB, but wants to play DB. Works for me.

I hope he gets in his buddy Keith Marshall's ear and gets him to commit as well.

feelsfriggingreatman

:)

JayP
04-17-2011, 05:06 PM
feelsfriggingreatman

:)
Hard to hate on a kid who says he wants to be as good as Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, and Darrell Green. That's a helluva group of DBs to emulate right there.

bearsfan_51
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Hard to hate on a kid who says he wants to be as good as Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, and Darrell Green. That's a helluva group of DBs to emulate right there.
Good for him, most high school kids want to be terrible.

CashmoneyDrew
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone have a feel for Gunner Kiel's recruitment? Haven't heard much on him lately. I figure he's a Notre Dame lean.
Does he have a timetable or a top 5 or anything like that?

JayP
04-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone have a feel for Gunner Kiel's recruitment? Haven't heard much on him lately. I figure he's a Notre Dame lean.
Does he have a timetable or a top 5 or anything like that?

Well, he didn't come up for the B/G game this weekend, and I heard he was making a 2nd trip to OU. I would think he's a lean to them. Probably would be more of an ND lean if it was his dad that played there, but it was his uncle, so the pull isn't as strong.

The way I see the ND QB recruiting going, Kiel is the #1 target. Pike and Mauk are probably 2 & 3 respectively, and who knows beyond that. But ND will only take 1 QB this cycle, so at some point, if Kiel seems like a lost cause, Kelly will take one of the other QBs he's interested in. But considering there's word on some of the ND sites that Mauk already committed, and is just waiting to announce, this could have already happened.

Giants34
04-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Anyone know anything about OLB Bryce Cottrell of Plano TX? Syracuse is recruiting him and he was actually up at the Orange spring game over the weekend.

CashmoneyDrew
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Zeke Pike to Auburn. No surprise.

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Johnathan Gray to Texas.

bearsfan_51
04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Wisconsin continues their instate domination, getting a commitment from Vince Biegel, LB, who had offers from Michigan, Tennessee, and BYU (he's Mormon)

WarSeminole
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Florida St picks up 2 commits this week

OL/DL Alphonse Taylor
LB Ukeme Eligwe

Giantsfan1080
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Desmon Peoples is making his decision tomorrow and it sounds like Rutgers is the frontrunner. Can anyone tell me anything about him?

superman8456
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Desmon Peoples is making his decision tomorrow and it sounds like Rutgers is the frontrunner. Can anyone tell me anything about him?

The kid is a stud. Legs like tree trunks. Small-ish, at least heigh wise, good bulk. Has played with good teams his whole highschool career, but with Archbishop Wood its on a whole different level. He is played behind probably the best offensive line in the state and has the stats to prove it. Suffered a bad ankle injury at the end of last season. I'd say he is the 2nd best RB in Southeastern PA.

RUSF18
04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Peoples to RU, officially.

draftguru151
04-28-2011, 01:15 PM
WR/ATH Angelo Jean-Louis commits to Miami. Pretty good prospect, solid 4* type.

ironman4579
05-02-2011, 07:53 AM
James Ross to Michigan!! Suck it Hines! Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, I love this commit.

Hines
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
James Ross to Michigan!! Suck it Hines! Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, I love this commit.

To say the least, I'm VERY surprised. With the commitment of Bolden, I thought Michigan had no chance to land Ross now. I also thought PSU could be leading for Ross. This sucks. Good pickup.

draftguru151
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
FL WR Justin Ferguson commits to Notre Dame. Florida is stacked at WR this year but Ferguson is one of the better ones.

Silver & Blue
05-02-2011, 10:57 AM

Its going to be really fun watching RJS, Ross, Ringer, and Bolden for years to come. Greg Mattison is a recruiting machine.

sbh15
05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
TE Colin Thompson to Florida

bearsfan_51
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
What's with Alabama and Auburn offering every possible player this year? There are kids in the midwest with offers from Alabama and Auburn but not Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. Auburn has already offered two kids from Minnesota.

I know about oversigning and all, but damn.

MassNole
05-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Sweet, likely now means Kent Taylor to FSU.

Hines
05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Sweet, likely now means Kent Taylor to FSU.

Or PSU....

wicket
05-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Or ND.....

good point

Marino13
05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
What's with Alabama and Auburn offering every possible player this year? There are kids in the midwest with offers from Alabama and Auburn but not Wisconsin, Michigan, etc. Auburn has already offered two kids from Minnesota.

I know about oversigning and all, but damn.

I dunno about all the midwest, but I know this is an above average year in Michigan for talent so Hoke is focusing on getting as many of the top in-state players he can, and Ohio State has a small class coming in anyways so they are being more selective.

Silver & Blue
05-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Mario Ojemudia 4* DE and Pharoh Brown 3* DE commit to Michigan. Chris Wormley should commit soon if he wants to end up in this class because we probably can only end up with one more DE.

sbh15
05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
First edition of the Rivals 100 is out. DGB ranked #1.

Just at a quick glance there's no way UF and FSU end up outside of the top 5. The state is loaded and both have leans from some highly ranked guys. UF's offensive and defensive line class would be disgusting if guys had to commit today.

JRTPlaya21
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
A link would work wonders. Here is the 250 as well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2867

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2868

draftguru151
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Mmm I love rankings that overrate camps a ridiculous amount. Crappy Florida rankings as usual.

superman8456
05-10-2011, 04:23 PM

I don't think Thompsons all that great, or good enough for a Florida offer.

MassNole
05-11-2011, 11:19 AM
TE Kent Taylor has a top 3 (in no order it seems) of FSU, UF, and PSU. With UF having a TE in this class and talk of moving Jacoby Brissett to TE, I don't see him going to UF. Leaving FSU and PSU, and I don't think PSU can pull a Florida kid (from a HS FSU has pulled kids from and has a good relationship) with the staff FSU has recruiting him. Have fun recruiting against James Coley on this one. Obviously one major strike FSU has against them is having a 5* TE in Nick O'Leary in this past class and competing for time with him and Will Tye.

draftguru151
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd be fairly shocked if he didn't end up at FSU.

MassNole
05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Land O' Lakes kid, historically if FSU wants them they get them. However from what I heard the school doesn't like this staff as much as the old one. Then again the old one was dumb enough to take Drew Weatherford so..

In 2011 news, looks like JaDaveon Clowney will be Juco bound.

Hines
05-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Taylor has PA ties and is said to be a huge fan. Plus, he must be high on PSU if he visited during their BW Game.

MassNole
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Practically speaking, you're taking on one of the top recruiters in the country in his backyard at a HS with major connections to the local school. Pulling him would be nothing short of a miracle, unless like Tony Steward you get the HS coach on board.

703SKINS202
05-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Land O' Lakes kid, historically if FSU wants them they get them. However from what I heard the school doesn't like this staff as much as the old one. Then again the old one was dumb enough to take Drew Weatherford so..

In 2011 news, looks like JaDaveon Clowney will be Juco bound.
Care to touch on this more?

dannyz
05-11-2011, 09:28 PM
http://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1220402

Iowa offering to a Kid that has not even played Varsity Ball? WOW.

CashmoneyDrew
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
http://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1220402

Iowa offering to a Kid that has not even played Varsity Ball? WOW.

It's only a verbal offer. No biggie.