PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations Pre SuperBowl Mock(3 Rounds and Includes Prediction)

RaiderNation
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Superbowl Prediction- Steelers 23 Packers 20
MVP-Big Ben
Ben will lead the Steelers to a go ahead FG with little time. Rodgers will not enough time to make a drive to tie it up.

Round 1

1 Carolina Panthers- Nick Fairley DT Auburn*
The Panthers were “UnLucky” with Luck staying another year. They still get to address a big need at DT. Having a disruptive DT can make a defense great, and Fairley can do just that. Fairley has a season comparable to Ndamukong Suh last year. At 6’4 300lbs Fairley seems like the best anchor for a 4-3 defense at DT in this draft.

2 Denver Broncos- Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*
With John Fox, the Broncos are likely heading to the 4-3 defense. Having a every down DE is a great thing to have and Bowers is just that. Bowers had a standout season, leading the NCAA in sacks and also racking up 25 TFL. At 6’4 275lbs Bowers looks to be one of the better DE’s in the NFL at his prime.

3 Buffalo Bills- Cam Newton QB Auburn*
The Bills need to get some buzz around the franchise if they want to stay in Buffalo. Adding a franchise QB can just do that, especially will a big name like Newton. Newton is the controversial Heisman winner that actually fits what Buffalo looks for. Newton is a great overall athlete, that has potential to be Donvan McNabb type QB.

4 Cincinnati Bengals- AJ Green WR Georgia*
The recent comments about Chad Ochocinco(or is it Johnson again now), I think the Bengals will start the process of clearing house. Owens will likely be gone as well so a #1 WR could be the biggest need. Green isn’t a elite WR prospect IMO, but has the chance to make a big impact in the NFL. I compare him to the likes of Sidney Rice.

5 Arizona Cardinals- Patrick Peterson DB LSU*
I’m thinking Arizona goes the Free Agency or trade route for a QB this offseason (McNabb, Orten, Kolb, Young, Henne to name a few). So going defense here seems like the right idea. Adding a player like Peterson to any defense will improve them greatly. I think he can be a Charles Woodson type player, being able make a impact at CB and FS.

6 Cleveland Browns- Cameron Jordan DE Cal
Cleveland is moving toward the 4-3, and as I said earlier having a every down DE is important. Cameron Jordan helped his already rising stock at the Senior Bowl and I see him as a potential top 10 prospect now. Jordan has NFL ready size and play and I can see him be effective early for this defense.

7 San Francisco 49ers- Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC*
Another team I am thinking will acquire a vet QB this offseason. In the meantime, I think it will be time to finally get this defense to reach its full potential. Manny Lawson has been overrated for some time and the 9ers problem has been the lack of pressure on the QB. Quinn is my best pass rusher and could be a 10+ sack artist in his prime for the 49ers.

8 Tennessee Titans- Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*
It is pretty clear now that the Titans are looking to draft a QB, with the departure of Jeff Fisher. I think the Titans are the team to bite on Gabbert’s potential in the NFL. Gabbert is a real project IMO that will need time to learn as the NFL QB. Gabbert does has some good size and arm to be a NFL QB, but some good coaching will be needed.

9 Dallas Cowboys- Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
I am sure with Rob Ryan coming in that Jerry will want to give him some talent on defense. Amukamara is great value here and also fit’s a big need for Dallas. Amukamara is a legit CB prospect that really help this poor secondary. With the diverse schemes Ryan runs I can see him using Amukamara in many ways, along with the rest of this defense.

10 Washington Redskins- Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*
Reports are the Mallett was rumored to be a real option if he came out last year for Washington. Now that the McNabb experiment clearly failed, I think they go back to what they wanted last year. Mallett is a similar to the already drafted Gabbert, possessing a good arm and size, but will take time to actually learn to be a NFL QB. This will Shanahans next big armed QB.

11 Houston Texans- Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Houston is moving the Wade Phillips defensive scheme, that is a hybrid of a 3-4 defense. I am sure Phillips will be looking for his next DeMarcus Ware, and Miller could be a player like that. Miller looked great at the Senior Bowl and could be a lock to be a top 15 pick. Miller can be a elite pass rusher and still cover for this defense.

12 Minnesota Vikings- Marcell Dareus DL Alabama*
QB is the way most would go, but they might not be able to pass this value. The dline play wasn’t as good as last years and adding a impact player could be a great thing. Dareus fits in as a DT, and could even be a DE in some looks. Adding his talent next to the likes of the Williams Wall and Jared Allen, and with Edwards possibly gone makes this pick make sense.

13 Detroit Lions- Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
The defense made huge strides last year, with Schwartz adding his new Haynesworth in Ndamukong Suh. One position though that could need a upgrade is the #1 CB play. They already have some decent young talent but no legit #1 guy. I am higher on Smith more than most, but having the fact that you have only allowed 11 completions in 2 years and being 6’2 205lbs makes me think he can be a legit top 15 pick.

14 St. Louis Rams- Julio Jones WR Alabama*
The Rams make a huge improvement this year as a team, finally getting out of the top 5 pick in the draft. Bradford looks like he can be a Pro Bowl type QB eventually and to help that to become reality faster will be a elite WR. Jones is a high potential WR that can be similar to Terrel Owens. Jones has the size and talent to be a #1 WR, if he stays healthy.

15 Miami Dolphins- Jake Locker QB Washington
Most think Ingram here, but I think the Dolphins make a desperate move to upgrade the QB position here. Parcells loved Senior QB’s and I think the Miami organization will follow what Parcells showed them to do. Locker didn’t have a Senior Bowl like I expect him to have, but I still think there is a team out there that will bite. Locker can learn behind Henne.

16 Jacksonville Jaguars- JJ Watt DE Wisconsin*
The Jaguars have a very talented young dline, but adding a pass rusher to go along with the studs in the middle will only help. Watt is a non stop motor guy who can play every down for this team at DE. Watt at 6’6 290lbs has the size already needed for the NFL, to go along with his super productive JR year at Wisconsin.

17 New England Patriots(f/OAK)- Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB Purdue
It’s time for the Patriots to get back to having some studs on defense, rather than relying on the offence as much. One of the best things for this defense is to have a productive pass rusher. Kerrigan can fit the role, looking like a perfect fit as their OLB, comparing to former Patriots Mike Vrabel. Kerrigan had a solid Senior Bowl and I am sure the Patriots noticed.

18 San Diego Chargers- Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
At times the Chargers had real problems protecting Rivers in the pocket, and I think even with the resigning of McNeil they should address the oline. Carimi looked good at the Senior Bowl, and I think he projects perfectly to RT in the NFL. Carimi can likely start day one, and help protect Rivers, and open up more running lanes.

19 New York Giants- Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
The Giants oline needs to some youth added and Castonzo is a nice fit here. Castonzo has the ability to play both LT and RT in the NFL I think, and that’s perfect for what the Giants need. Beatty is a question mark and cant be relied on as the future OT for this team. Castonzo is a local product I am sure can help Eli regain form.

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Aldon Smith DE Missouri*
2 stud DT’s were added last year, now its time for the pass rushing DE to be added to the defense. Smith is a young pass rusher who’s potential is sky high right now. He could add another 10lbs over time to help against the run, but I think Smith can be a factor early as a pass rusher next to McCoy and crew.

21 Kansas City Chiefs- Phil Taylor NT Baylor
Pioli loves dlinemen and I think adding 1 more will please him for the future. The defense could use a stud NT, and Taylor has that potential. Taylor came into the Senior Bowl as a likely 3rd round pick, but after showing how he handles his weight and his performance on the field, I have him as a legit late 1st pick. Taylor will be a beast in the middle next to Dorsey and Jackson.

22 Indianapolis Colts- Nate Solder OT Colorado
One of the reasons the Colts struggled this year was Manning didn’t have as much time as he usually did. Upgrading the LT position is a must, and it would allow Charles Johnson to move inside where he belongs. Solder has the potential to be Manning’s LT for the rest of his time in the NFL, with his good pass blocking and high potential.

23 Philadelphia Eagles- Derek Sherrod OL Mississippi State
The Eagles were rumored to be interested in Sherrod on multiple days at the Senior Bowl, and I think he could be a great fit for them. They struggled down the stretch as the oline play got worse. Sherrod looks to be a starter in the NFL, at OT or OG for a team. Sherrod could fix some problems along the oline and let this offence regain its explosiveness.

24 New Orleans Saints- Mark Ingram RB Alabama*
Luxury pick here, and could end up being one of the biggest steals of the draft. Injuries hurt the RB’s for the Saints this year, and finally adding a reliable guy like Ingram will make Brees happy. Ingram has shown he can be a legit RB in the NFL, having NFL ready size and experience to make a impact early. This is the type of pick that can push the Saints over the top again and make a deep run in the playoffs.

25 Seattle Seahawks- Brandon Harris CB Miami*
The pass defense was ranked 27th, and was abused by Jay Cutler and the Bears in the playoffs. Both starting CB’s are aging and adding some youth could help a lot. Harris is a boom or bust type prospect in my eyes, and could make a big impact for the Seahawks. Harris has the size and speed to hang with the NFL WR’s.

26 Baltimore Ravens- Cameron Heyward DL Ohio State
The Ravens seem to always get Senior players falling to them, and this years could be Heyward. Heyward didn’t have the type of standout season most thought he would, but still looks to be a legit 1st round pick. Adding Heyward’s youth to this already talented dline will improve this defense in both the pass and run.

27 Atlanta Falcons- Jerel Jernigan WR Troy
Atlanta’s offence took off this year, having one of the most efficient attacks in the NFL. One of the main things they did lack though is a explosive weapon like Jernigan. Jernigan can add a dynamic weapon for Ryan to use at WR or RB. Jernigan is likely to run somewhere in the 4.3’s, and is a very productive player.

28 New England Patriots- Mike Pouncey OL Florida
Expect more Florida players added to this team, like last years draft. Mankins is likely to be gone now, and some talent is already needed along the interior line. Pouncey isn’t as good of a prospect as his brother, but I still think he can be a Pro Bowl type OG in the NFL. Pouncey can likely slide in as a rookie and help protect Brady.

29 Chicago Bears- Tyron Smith OT USC*
The oline play got better as the season went on, but I still think upgrades can be added for Cutler and the rest of the offence. Smith is another boom or bust prospect, that will need to add some bulk before he makes a real impact. Smith projects to be a potential starter at LT or RT and will only help Cutler keep improving.

30 New York Jets- Justin Houston DE/OLB Georgia*
Jason Taylor is done and they already lack production from the pass rushers. Houston has experience already in the 3-4, and could be what Gholston could have been in this defense. Houston is a guy I see possibly getting around 8 sacks his rookie year for a talented defense like this. He could bulk up 10lbs and has had 2 very productive years in college.

31 Green Bay Packers- Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*
Other than Matthews, the Packers don’t really have a big impact player at OLB. Ayers is a prospect who could excel opposite of Matthews who will likely see double teams all day. Ayers is a productive pass rusher and in pass coverage and could be deadly in Green Bay’s diverse looking defense.

32 Pittsburgh Steelers- Marcus Cannon OL TCU
Getting Pouncey’s brother would be ideal, but Cannon could end up being the better pick down the line. Cannon can play OG and maybe RT in the NFL, and adding talent up front will only keep this offence going. Cannon has huge size at 6’6 350lbs and moves well for that size. Cannon should a NFL starter for a long time.

Round 2

33 New England Patriots(f/CAR)- Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*
Has outstanding triangle numbers and the potential to be a Randy Moss type player with Brady.

34 Buffalo Bills- Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Versatile DE that fit’s the 4-3 and 3-4 defense, and alsois a risk that the Bills usually take.

35 Cincinnati Bengals- Rahim Moore DB UCLA*
Upgrades in the secondary are needed and Moore will give them a player maker on defense.

36 Denver Broncos- Aaron Williams CB Texas*
Champ Bailey is likely gone this offseason, and upgrades in the entire defense is needed.

37 Cleveland Browns- Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
The offence really lacks a #1 WR, Hankerson looked good at the Senior Bowl and could be the next star Miami WR.

38 Arizona Cardinals- Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
The pass rusher was nonexistent at times, Reed has the motor to give QB’s nightmares.

39 Tennessee Titans- Corey Liuget DT Illinois*
They are still looking for Big Al’s replacement, Liuget had a productive JR year and looks to be rising the boards.

40 Dallas Cowboys- Allen Bailey DL Miami
Jerry Jones always makes questionable picks, Bailey looks like a NFL player, but his player might tell you otherwise.

41 Washington Redskins- Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple
Haynesworth is all but gone and depth along the dline is already need, Wilkerson was dominant at times his Senior year.

42 Houston Texans- Stephen Paea NT Oregon State
Another fit for the new 3-4 defense, Paea has similar size and playing style to Jay Ratliff who was successful in Wades defense.

43 Minnesota Vikings- Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
It’s not a matter of if, but when the Vikings draft a QB this year, Kaepernick impressed most at the Senior Bowl and has some potential.

44 Detroit Lions- Mason Foster LB Washington
A upgrade at OLB would be huge for this improving defense, Foster could be another piece to the puzzle for this team.

45 San Francisco 49ers- Brandon Burton CB Utah*
Rumors are Clements could be gone, and the CB play overall was bad this year

46 Denver Broncos(f/MIA)- Drake Nevis DT LSU
Another addition to this horrible defense will help, Nevis could be a solid UT in a 4-3 defense in the NFL

47 St. Louis Rams- Martez Wilson LB Illinois*
High potential guy who is likely to go earlier, adding him would give them 2 of the best young LB’s in the NFL.

48 Oakland Raiders- Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
The recent hiring of his Uncle only supports this pick even more, adding a starting caliber Center would do wonders for the consistency of the offence.

49 Jacksonville Jaguars- Deunta Williams DB UNC
The secondary was taken advantage of many times this year by average QB’s, Williams could be instant starter at FS

50 San Diego Chargers- Jeremy Beal DE/OLB Oklahoma
Merriman is finally gone and Phillips is the only reliable pass rusher, Beal is a productive prospect

51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Greg Jones LB Michigan State
Seems like he is a perfect fit at OLB for this team, Jones was the leader of this improved Michigan State program

52 New York Giants- Mark Herzlich LB Boston College
Another Boston College guy, Herzlich could add some youth to the LB core

53 Indianapolis Colts- Jurrell Casey DT USC*
Maybe this USC DT can be more productive than Moala, Casey has high potential for a 2nd round pick

54 Philadelphia Eagles- Curtis Brown CB Texas
Youth is a huge need for CB for the Eagles, Brown could make a impact as a rookie for this team.

55 Kansas City Chiefs- Torey Smith WR Maryland*
Bowe was a beast this year, but Cassel could use another weapon at WR, Smith will likely improve his draft stock at the combine.

56 New Orleans Saints- Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
The Saints got next to no productive at DE truthfully, Sheard has a good season despite the injury to Romeus.

57 Seattle Seahawks- Christian Ballard DL Iowa
His skill set and potential fit Carrol’s defense, Ballard is a high ceiling guy

58 Baltimore Ravens- Jalil Brown CB Colorado
CB could be this teams only big weakness, Brown was overshadowed by Jimmy Smith but still put up numbers.

59 Atlanta Falcons- Orlando Franklin OT Miami
There’s nothing wrong with upgrading the protection for your QB, Franklin potentially can be a starting RT in the NFL.

60 New England Patriots- Ahmad Black DB Florida
Another Florida guy for Belichick, Black could solve some problems in the secondary.

61 San Diego Chargers(f/NYJ)- Vincent Brown WR San Diego State
Vincent Jackson’s future with the team is blurry, Brown is a local prospect who was looked at by the team after an impressive Senior Bowl

62 Chicago Bears- Ben Ijalana OL Villanova
Even though they went OT in the 1st, I think OG could potentially be the bigger need for this offence.

63 Green Bay Packers- Taiwan Jones RB EWU*
Jones is going to start rising the boards in the near future, the Packers could use his talents with this already impressive offence.

64 Pittsburgh Steelers- Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
Upgrades at CB might be the only real need for this defense, Dowling has the size and physical nature the Steelers look for.

Round 3

65 Carolina Panthers- Titus Young WR Boise State
Steve Smith is likely gone and Clausen need weapons to help him improve

66 Cincinnati Bengals- Danny Watkins OL Baylor
Andre Smith is still a question mark, Watkins looks like a starting OG

67 Denver Broncos- Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame*
Tebow started looking like a NFL QB last in the year, Rudolph could only help him

68 Buffalo Bills- James Brewer OT Indiana
Big OT the Bills usually draft and Brewer could help both Newton and Spiller develop

69 Arizona Cardinals- Clint Boling OL Georgia
The QB that is brought in will support this pick, Boling is a versatile player that will fill a need along the oline

70 Cleveland Browns- Lee Ziemba OT Auburn
The Browns scouted a lot of OT’s at the Senior Bowl, Ziemba could be the RT they are looking for

71 Dallas Cowboys- DeMarcus Love OL Arkansas
Arkansas prospect Jerry loves, Romo needs to stay healthy for them to win

72 New Orleans Saints(f/WAS)- Bruce Carter LB UNC
Risky pick considering his injury, Carter was looking like a potential 1st round pick before

73 Houston Texans- Jeron Johnson DB Boise State
Help is needed for one of the worst secondary’s ever, Johnson should help

74 New England Patriots(f/WAS)- Jarvis Jenkins DL Clemson
Many will want DE addressed earlier, but I think young depth could fix the problems

75 Detroit Lions- John Moffit OG Wisconsin
Stafford needs to stay healthy for the Lions to have a chance, Moffit could be a steal here

76 San Francisco 49ers- Christian Ponder QB Florida State
Chances of getting Luck next year are low, Ponder fit’s the west coast offence

77 Tennessee Titans- Lance Kendrick TE Wisconsin
Adding a young weapon for Gabbert, Kendrick should look good with CJ2K and Britt

78 St. Louis Rams- Marvin Austin DT UNC
Austin is a high risk/ high reward prospect, Austin could elevate this defense to playoff caliber

79 Miami Dolphins- DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
Ronnie Brown is close to being done, Murray seems like a perfect replacement

80 Jacksonville Jaguars- Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
The future QB needs to be added soon, Stanzi has a lot of experience

81 Oakland Raiders- Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Another freak athlete for Al, Moch could be our solution at WLB and be deadly across from Wimbley

82 San Diego Chargers- Quan Sturdivant LB UNC
The ILB position needs help, Sturdivant could be a impact rookie

83 New York Giants- Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
Jacobs replacement, Leshoure has a outstanding JR year and has the size

84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Rodney Hudson OL Florida State
Freeman is looking like a franchise QB, Hudson’s talent at C/OG could only help

85 Philadelphia Eagles- Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech*
Luxury pick here, just adds another deadly weapon to this explosive offence

86 Kansas City Chiefs- Sam Acho DE/OLB Texas
Another impact pass rusher is needed, Acho has the look of a 3-4 OLB

87 Indianapolis Colts- Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
Peyton needs to have some kind of running game, Hunter is a RB I can see getting drafted higher down the road

88 New Orleans Saints- Kelvin Sheppard LB LSU
There is a need to upgrade the OLB’s, Sheppard could be the guy to do so

89 San Diego Chargers(f/SEA)- Davon House CB New Mexico State
Cromartie was successful as a zone coverage guy for this D, House has a similar playing style

90 Baltimore Ravens- Kris O’Dowd C USC
Birk is showing his age, O’Dowd could be coached up to be a starter for this team

91 Atlanta Falcons- Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
Next year will likely be Tony G’s last, Stocker is a efficient pass catcher and run blocker

92 New England Patriots- Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
The Florida theme keeps going, Gilbert could be the RT of the future once Vollmer slides to LT

93 Chicago Bears- Greg Little WR UNC
A WR with size will help Cutler a lot, Little’s stock was hurt when he was suspended his Senior year

94 New York Jets- Jerrell Powe NT Ole Miss
Jenkins future is in question, Powe could be the eventual replacement

95 Green Bay Packers- Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
Youth is need at the CB position, Patrick helped his stock at the Senior Bowl

96 Pittsburgh Steelers- Randall Cobb WR Kentucky
Hines Ward could be done after the Super Bowl, Cobb could end up being the best player in the 3rd round even as the last pick

AntoinCD
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Id prefer Hankerson to Baldwin but apart from that it's a nice Pats draft

Jakey
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Love the first two picks for the Steelers!

I cant imagine them going WR as high as the 3rd though, with Hines, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Randle El and even Limas Sweed returning from injury on the roster, i think they will look elsewhere. Maybe, NT, DE, LB or another O-Lineman.

Good mock though +rep

Giantsfan1080
02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Love the Leshoure pick. I'm fine with the Herzlich choice in the 2nd. I really don't want Castonzo in the first though. I'd rather have Sherrod or Heyward with that 1st rounder.

Razor
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Id prefer Hankerson to Baldwin but apart from that it's a nice Pats draft

My thoughts exactly. I also loooove the Jarvis Jenkins pick, I think he's about to start climbing the boards. Great 5-tech prospect who I'd love to see in NE. Gilbert is another of my personal favourites. Baldwin scares the **** out of me, all I see is bust bust bust with him. Give us Hankerson and this is pretty much a perfect draft.

vidae
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
I like the KC mock but I don't love it. We should probably address Center in the first three rounds. Good job though!

T-RICH49
02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I really like KC's draft

coordinator0
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Heyward seems like a Newsome pick. Personally I'm not sure he upgrades the position a whole lot but it's a good pick nonetheless.

Brown is pretty meh in the second, especially with Young on the board. Receiver is as big of a hole on this team as any other position, we're especially lacking the skills Young brings to the table. Brown does fit what we need at corner though.

O'Dowd isn't my favorite pick. I just don't think he's worthy of a third round pick. Center is definitely a need, but I don't like the value/fit with O'Dowd.

TACKLE
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Heyward seems like a Newsome pick. Personally I'm not sure he upgrades the position a whole lot but it's a good pick nonetheless.

Brown is pretty meh in the second, especially with Young on the board. Receiver is as big of a hole on this team as any other position, we're especially lacking the skills Young brings to the table. Brown does fit what we need at corner though.

O'Dowd isn't my favorite pick. I just don't think he's worthy of a third round pick. Center is definitely a need, but I don't like the value/fit with O'Dowd.

Agree though I think he absolutely upgrades the position as a whole.

Agree.

Agree.

DiG
02-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I honestly think Mallet is the worst fit in Shanahans offense when you look at the big 4 QBs this year. He is extremely limited athletically and has very poor accuracy on the run. A shanahan QB has to be able to throw accurately on the bootleg moving outside the pocket. As soon as Mallet has to move his feet he struggles greatly. He also has a bit of a long release which won't help either in Shanahans offense. I think it would be a tragedy to pass on Dareus in the first round if he was available. He is clearly the better pick in this scenario and historically Shanahans most common early draft picks have been spent on OTs (Skins just drafted Williams last year in the 1st), Dline, OLBs and DBs (in that order).

In the second, I'm not against Wilkerson but passing on Torrey Smith would be awfully hard to stomach. Wilson and Foster would be great for our scheme as well.

prock
02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
I would be fine with Dareus based burely on value. Kaepernick would bring me to cause great bodily harm to anyone/thing around me.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I honestly think Mallet is the worst fit in Shanahans offense when you look at the big 4 QBs this year. He is extremely limited athletically and has very poor accuracy on the run. A shanahan QB has to be able to throw accurately on the bootleg moving outside the pocket. As soon as Mallet has to move his feet he struggles greatly. He also has a bit of a long release which won't help either in Shanahans offense. I think it would be a tragedy to pass on Dareus in the first round if he was available. He is clearly the better pick in this scenario and historically Shanahans most common early draft picks have been spent on OTs (Skins just drafted Williams last year in the 1st), Dline, OLBs and DBs (in that order).

In the second, I'm not against Wilkerson but passing on Torrey Smith would be awfully hard to stomach. Wilson and Foster would be great for our scheme as well.

co-sign just wondering where did you hear that Shanny wanted Mallett last year? Mallett definitely wasn't a top 5 pick if he declared last year. I know about the apparent Locker intrigue but never Mallett. Not that the Skins won't take him but like DT said mobility is one of the biggest thing Shanny looks for in QB's. Mallett has concrete feet in the pocket.

jrdrylie
02-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Very good draft overall. From what I hear from people in Jacksonvile with pretty good information, Kerrigan is high on the Jags list. If he is there when they pick, he's the pick.

49erNation85
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I like the SF picks.However,I think they need to go QB in round two either Stanzi or Ponder.

marshallb
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I would be fine with Dareus based burely on value. Kaepernick would bring me to cause great bodily harm to anyone/thing around me.

I agree. I'd be fine with Dareus if he's there(I think he'll be gone by then), but would absolutely hate the Kaepernick pick. He doesn't offer anything other than what Joe Webb already brings to the table.

prock
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Honestly, Kaepernick shouldn't be anywhere near the second round.

thebow305
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
That's a very nice looking Phins draft. Nice work!

Nalej
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
That's a pretty boss three rounds for the Pats. I like.

Seasonticketholder
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
AMAZING SAINTS DRAFT! This is by far, the best mock for the Saints I have seen on here. Ingram, Bruce Carter and Kelvin Sheppard are all great picks. Getting Carter in the third would be an amazing steal! He's a first round talent. I think Sheppard is underrated and is going to be a terrific backer in this league.

Ingram is not a luxury pick to me. Other than 2009, we have ranked 28th or lower in rushing offense since 2006. I think Chris Ivory is very talented but he gets nicked up a lot and could probably thrive playing the role that Mike Bell played for us. I expect Reggie Bush will restructure and return to the team with increased duties as a kickoff returner. Bush is at his best when he can be a "satellite" back and I think that with Ingram and Ivory carrying the load, Bush can have a season like he did in 2009 when he averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Lesser touches also would mean he stays healthy, which is the main thing that hurts his effectiveness. Overall, I think this would be a very solid trio and would give Brees opportunities to exploit defenses. It would also allow our defense, which did improve last season, to get more rest. We were near the top of the league in forcing three-and-outs and ranked 6th. Without Jenkins in the lineup, we were pathetic in the playoff game at Seattle. But if you add some pieces in free agency, and have a solid runnin game that keeps the opposing defense on the field, then it allows your defense to stay fresh.

Now, my only complaint. I would prefer Jarvis Jenkins over Sheard. I would much rather move down and take Jenkins as I belief he would give us a run-plugging NT to play alongside Ellis. Though you're not predicting trades, another option would be for the Saints to move down, pick up a third and fourth rounder. You could take Carter, Jenkins, and Sheppard all in the third. Or you could Carter, Sheppard and a safety like Quinton Carter. Then in the fourth, they could grab Kenrick Ellis to play NT.

TaylorMade
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
I might be in the minority, but I think Mallett would be a great fit in Shanahan's offense. Remember, Matt Schaub wasn't exactly Michael Vick out there when he was running the same offense. Mallett can get it done, and he is no less mobile than McNabb was last year.

steelersfan2011
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Good first two picks for the Steelers but I'm not sure the Steelers spend another high pick on a reciever with 3 great young recievers on this team. Mabey a 3rd Day Pick.

RaiderNation
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
co-sign just wondering where did you hear that Shanny wanted Mallett last year?

I remember somebody saying on here they were interested in Mallett before be went back to Arkansas, and if he would have entered the draft he could of been the Skins QB instead of McNabb. But I do see why Locker seems to be the better fit, considering his athletic ability is far ahead of Mallett.

jCut
02-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Great value for all of Denver's picks.

xpmar9x
02-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Not loving the Titans draft.

1st round is alright.
2nd round, we don't really need a DT. Jason Jones & Tony Brown are good players. Jovan Haye is a solid 3rd stringer. Sen'Derrick Marks still has promise and was a 2nd rounder just a few years ago.
3rd round, doesn't make sense to me at all. Titans are obsessed with Jared Cook, plus we have Craig Stevens. Those two are our future TEs. No need for a TE this early in the draft.

Instead, I'd like to see:
1st - Gabbert
2nd - Martez Wilson or Wisniewski
3rd - Rodney Hudson or Kelvin Sheppard

RaiderNation
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Not loving the Titans draft.

1st round is alright.
2nd round, we don't really need a DT. Jason Jones & Tony Brown are good players. Jovan Haye is a solid 3rd stringer. Sen'Derrick Marks still has promise and was a 2nd rounder just a few years ago.
3rd round, doesn't make sense to me at all. Titans are obsessed with Jared Cook, plus we have Craig Stevens. Those two are our future TEs. No need for a TE this early in the draft.

Instead, I'd like to see:
1st - Gabbert
2nd - Martez Wilson or Wisniewski
3rd - Rodney Hudson or Kelvin Sheppard

I forgot Cook was on this team, so TE is a big issue at the moment. I think the Titans lack the pro bowl caliber DT that be a major game changer like Haynesworth was for them. So they will likely draft a high potential guy like Liuget at DT. Also you do know you guys will draft a QB at #1, that is why Fisher got fired(plus along with all the coach hiring stuff). I think Gabbert is a similar type QB to Vince Young almost who is very mobile and has high potential/bust guy. I think they stick with Collins or a F/A guy like Alex Smith or Tavaris Jackson can be signed likely and they are veteran guys who are mobile like Gabbert and can teach him the ropes. Plus Smith and Jackson still might have some starer potential(maybe).

proshoota25
02-04-2011, 12:18 AM
That's a pretty boss three rounds for the Pats. I like.

i agree with all the pats fans assessments. hankerson >>> baldwin for us. I honestly think we could get Mike Pouncey in the mid-late second round now. his stock isnt that high right now in my opinion. Shane thinks he is a third rounder... so that could be a slight reach, but I think he would fit well with us here in NE

Ucla49ersFan
02-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Very solid 49ers draft. No complaints here.

SINCE1978
02-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Solid mock in the D ... I am a fan of all 3 players for the Leo's (J. Smith, Foster & Moffit). There is an on-going debate in the Lions forum about Jimmy Smith and his value at 13 or if he is an end of the 1st/early 2nd rounder :o)

Rodgers is MVP
Packers 27 Pitt 20

Matthew Jones
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Really like the Kerrigan pick. I think Pouncey is a bit of a reach, and Baldwin is unlikely to join the team (calling out coaches/quarterback, has been arrested, accused of not giving 100% all the time...Ahmad Black and Jarvis Jenkins are both possibilities, and I can see Gilbert as well. I'd replace Pouncey with Wisniewski and Baldwin with Hankerson - that'd be a hell of a draft.

vikes_28
02-05-2011, 02:30 PM
first round is great. Second round is bad. Kaepernick is a Joe Webb clone.

Poz51
02-05-2011, 05:56 PM
3 Buffalo Bills- Cam Newton QB Auburn*
34 Buffalo Bills- Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
38 Arizona Cardinals- Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
42 Houston Texans- Stephen Paea NT Oregon State
47 St. Louis Rams- Martez Wilson LB Illinois*
52 New York Giants- Mark Herzlich LB Boston College
57 Seattle Seahawks- Christian Ballard DL Iowa
62 Chicago Bears- Ben Ijalana OL Villanova
67 Denver Broncos- Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame*
68 Buffalo Bills- James Brewer OT Indiana
70 Cleveland Browns- Lee Ziemba OT Auburn
83 New York Giants- Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
86 Kansas City Chiefs- Sam Acho DE/OLB Texas
88 New Orleans Saints- Kelvin Sheppard LB LSU
91 Atlanta Falcons- Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
92 New England Patriots- Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

I can live with Newton in the first if they deem him a franchise QB, and let him develop behind Fitzy for 2 years or so. Im still praying they dont fall into the Gabbert trap....
I like Clayborn's value in the second, but for some reason I only see him as a 4-3 DE now, despite seeing him as a possible 3-4 myself before. Need to see his showing at the combine. I like all the listed players fit in Buffalo more at this point myself, Clayborn would need to add some weight IMO to play in the 3-4.
I am not a fan of Brewster at all, his history of foot and ankle injuries is concerning, as is his lack of intensity, he seems really passive when I watch him, his spatial awareness and his body control and strength for a man his size do not impress me. Although Freddie is getting old, he has plenty of tread life left, but LeShoure's value would be incredible and would form a formidable backfiled duo with Spiller in a couple years. Shepard adding weight would help him fit what the Bills need next to Poz. Missing out on Rudolph (taking him in the 2nd = :) ), would make Stocker a good pick as well.
My .02 on the Bills, overall I thought it was a solid mock :)

RaiderNation
02-06-2011, 01:27 AM
first round is great. Second round is bad. Kaepernick is a Joe Webb clone.

Which 2nd/3rd round QB fits the Vikings most? Ponder? Stanzi? Devlin?

wicket
02-06-2011, 02:16 AM
AMAZING SAINTS DRAFT! This is by far, the best mock for the Saints I have seen on here. Ingram, Bruce Carter and Kelvin Sheppard are all great picks. Getting Carter in the third would be an amazing steal! He's a first round talent. I think Sheppard is underrated and is going to be a terrific backer in this league.

Ingram is not a luxury pick to me. Other than 2009, we have ranked 28th or lower in rushing offense since 2006. I think Chris Ivory is very talented but he gets nicked up a lot and could probably thrive playing the role that Mike Bell played for us. I expect Reggie Bush will restructure and return to the team with increased duties as a kickoff returner. Bush is at his best when he can be a "satellite" back and I think that with Ingram and Ivory carrying the load, Bush can have a season like he did in 2009 when he averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Lesser touches also would mean he stays healthy, which is the main thing that hurts his effectiveness. Overall, I think this would be a very solid trio and would give Brees opportunities to exploit defenses. It would also allow our defense, which did improve last season, to get more rest. We were near the top of the league in forcing three-and-outs and ranked 6th. Without Jenkins in the lineup, we were pathetic in the playoff game at Seattle. But if you add some pieces in free agency, and have a solid runnin game that keeps the opposing defense on the field, then it allows your defense to stay fresh.

Now, my only complaint. I would prefer Jarvis Jenkins over Sheard. I would much rather move down and take Jenkins as I belief he would give us a run-plugging NT to play alongside Ellis. Though you're not predicting trades, another option would be for the Saints to move down, pick up a third and fourth rounder. You could take Carter, Jenkins, and Sheppard all in the third. Or you could Carter, Sheppard and a safety like Quinton Carter. Then in the fourth, they could grab Kenrick Ellis to play NT.

I pretty much have to disagree on this, ingram would be a nauseatingly terrible pick if you ask me. I wouldnt just dislike it I would hate it with a passion.

Reasons why Ingram isnt a good fit:
1 No need for a rb outside maybe a #4 kinda back
2 Ingram doesnt fit what we do, he thrives in a run first offense where he can go blow for blow, he doesnt fit in a pass-first offense like the saints have
3 The defensive front 7 needs are so infinitely larger than any other need that swaying away from that wouldnt make much sense even when the value is great.

Outside of that, great job on the saints though.

Verloren
02-06-2011, 02:17 AM
I like the SF picks.However,I think they need to go QB in round two either Stanzi or Ponder.

???

We got Ponder in the 3rd in this mock. Even better value if it plays out this way.

patman
02-06-2011, 07:31 AM
For the Pats, the way you have them coming off the board. This is with Mankins tagged and Light moving on. Warren and Bodden back from injury, I don see the pats staying at 28 and especially at 33. I think they move back 6-10 spots from each

17 Aldon Smith. Protoyype size for the pats at the position of Greatest need.

28. Wilkenson (but most likely will be a trade down)

33. Baldwin is fine

60 Danny Watkins as Stephen Neal most likely retires.

bored of education
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I would not be a sad panda if that happened for KC.

21ST
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Stephen Paea in the second for the skins and Marcell Dareus or Von Millier in the first

toddmlazarchick
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
See the trend here? Mallett is as anti-Shanahan as you can ask for. No mobility, statue in the pocket, horrid accuracy outside the pocket. He has one quality, a big arm, and people think he fits our scheme. Wilkerson is a decent pick and I would be happy with that.