PDA

View Full Version : Your Pet Prospects

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 07:15 PM
The guys you seem to like more than anyone else does.

Derrick Locke, RB - Kentucky

I've seen him as low as the 50th running back in some people's rankings for this year, and that tells me they simply never saw him play. I just compared him to Warrick Dunn in the "sleeper running backs" thread, and I'm sticking with that. "Poor man's" Warrick Dunn for now, but even that warrants a ranking much higher than 50th. I know Scott's got him higher than that, but he knows what he's doing. I'm just throwing the "50th" out there because I've seen people put him in that range more than once, and he's at least a mid-round pick. I like him better than I liked Dexter McCluster last year.

Lance Kendricks, TE - Wisconsin

Lance Kendricks keeps getting mentioned as an afterthought. "Don't forget about Lance Kendricks..." people say. Damn right. The guy is going to be a Dustin Keller-type player, except that he's a good blocker. Faster, bigger and a better blocker than Aaron Hernandez, he didn't get the same hype because he played on a bruiser running team from Wisconsin and Tim Tebow wasn't throwing to him. He's going to be an NFL starter, and is worth taking in the second round.

*edit* Scott compares him to Dustin Keller in his scouting report, too. I just looked at it.

D-Unit
02-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Ras-I Dowling (as a S), Nate Irving, Greg Salas, Alex Green

TACKLE
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
MASON FOSTER!

This is our (boe and I) guy. I've had the pleasure of watching this guy play numerous times and have come away impressed every time. He plays with a ton of energy, he flies all over the field making play. He's a very well rounded prospect who doesn't have a glaring weakness in his game. He is going to make some team very very happy and is going to be a very solid LB for whoever drafts him.

Brent
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
people I like more than most: Eric Hagg & DeJon Gomes, Von Miller, and Jerrod Johnson

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Please watch some film on Denarius Moore people. It's crazy he's not even ranked in Scott's WR list.

TACKLE
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Please watch some film on Denarius Moore people. It's crazy he's not even ranked in Scott's WR list.

Denarius was money for me in SEC Fantasy Football. I've been a fan ever since. :D

Grizzlegom
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I tend to latch onto late round/FA types...

Brett Brackett, TE/WR, Penn State
Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech
Harold Ayodele, DT, Emporia State

Some of the more highly rated guys I REALLY like:
Davon House, CB, New Mexico St.
Jaiquawn Jarrett, FS, Temple
Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State

bored of education
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Phil Taylor. He more I watch of his film this year the more I love him. Last yer he was donkey *****, this year he is awesome *****.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/baylor-bears/20101227-mission-trip-to-kenya-inspires-baylor_s-phil-taylor.ece

Preston
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Mike Mohamed from Cal.

TitansCJftw
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
3 Tulsa defensive players meet Dwayne Harris :D (http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/4816470_5360713)

ATLDirtyBirds
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
DeMarco Murray, Jerrel Jernigan, Marcus Cannon, Jeff Maehl, Greg Jones, Dontay Moch, Ryan Kerrigan, Marcus Gilbert, and DJ Williams.

Clarkw267
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Love me some Mason Foster.

I'm higher on Aldon Smith than most, I think he's a legit top 5 talent.

Also like Helu Jr. more than others as well.

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Darvin Adams, WR - Auburn

Catches the ball well with his hands, has great body control and good length. Doesn't necessarily had great timed speed, but is a deep threat who can track the ball over his shoulder and make the big catch down the field. Much of the time when Cam Newton made a great throw, it was Darvin Adams making a great catch. And he gets so little attention I even forgot to mention him in my original post. I knew I was forgetting someone...

But yeah, I tried to make a thread about him earlier and it totally died. I see him being a productive NFL player. I'd be willing to spend a third on him, maybe even a second depending on how his combine goes, except that this is an unusually deep WR class and that's going to affect his value.

CJSchneider
02-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Drake Nevis

diabsoule
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Stephen Paea, Corey Liuget (I'm getting there), Kelvin Sheppard, Dontay Moch, and Daniel Thomas.

DoughBoy
02-03-2011, 08:22 PM

this, this, this and more of this.

I don't think people realize how talented he is......reminds me alot of Pierre Garcon.

xyUG78InoCo

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Good call on Denarious Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AinMXfB3fyM

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
double-post removed

thegreatone
02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Mario Harvey and Ahmad Black.

ElectricEye
02-03-2011, 08:49 PM
-Brooks Reed
-Mike Mohamed
-Mason Foster
-JJ Watt
-Phil Taylor
-Ricky Elmore
-Muhammad Wilkerson
-Taiwan Jones
-DJ Williams

I like a lot of Pac 10/west coast guys for some reason.

I'll also echo Moore. He's got a chance to be a lot better than people realize at the next level.

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
-Brooks Reed
-Mike Mohamed
-Mason Foster
-JJ Watt
-Phil Taylor
-Ricky Elmore
-Muhammad Wilkerson
-Taiwan Jones
-DJ Williams

I like a lot of Pac 10/west coast guys for some reason.

I'll also echo Moore. He's got a chance to be a lot better than people realize at the next level.

Can I ask you why you like Taiwan Jones? A lot of people do, but I just see a skinny running back who avoids contact, and looks faster because the players he's up against are slow. Are you still going to like him if he shows up at the combine 6'0" 185 and runs a 4.50? 'Cause frankly, he seems like a guy people like because they expect him to prove his speed, and I'm just not too sure about that. Couple that with his lack of size, and I just don't see what people are all excited about. It's like the recent success of Danny Woodhead has everyone thinking that the smalls schools are going to produce SOMEBODY who's good, and this year there's a large group of people who are utterly convinced it's Taiwan Jones.

TimmG6376
02-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Can I ask you why you like Taiwan Jones? A lot of people do, but I just see a skinny running back who avoids contact, and looks faster because the players he's up against are slow. Are you still going to like him if he shows up at the combine 6'0" 185 and runs a 4.50?

My take is that it depends on what you expect him to be. If you expect him to be an every down back you will probably be disappointed, but I like him for the Packers because I think he could be used in a lot of different ways. Initially would start out as a PR/KR (huge need), then as he gets coached up he could become a third-down back / 4th-5th WR. I think if he could make an already dangerous offense even more scary by creating mismatches with safeties and linebackers.

ElectricEye
02-03-2011, 09:05 PM
wCan I ask you why you like Taiwan Jones? A lot of people do, but I just see a skinny running back who avoids contact, and looks faster because the players he's up against are slow. Are you still going to like him if he shows up at the combine 6'0" 185 and runs a 4.50? 'Cause frankly, he seems like a guy people like because they expect him to prove his speed, and I'm just not too sure about that. Couple that with his lack of size, and I just don't see what people are all excited about. It's like the recent success of Danny Woodhead has everyone thinking that the smalls schools are going to produce SOMEBODY who's good, and this year there's a large group of people who are utterly convinced it's Taiwan Jones.

Really doesn't have much to do with the school or level of competition for me, I just really like the way he runs. I think he looks much faster than 4.5 on tape and would expect him to run lower than that. I don't like him as a starter at the next level, but you really don't need to be as a RB in the NFL at this point to be able to make an impact. Put him in space and let him make people miss and he'll make some plays for you. Very good and making moves and finding open filed. The thing I like the most about him though is that despite the obvious wiggle he really isn't much of a dancer. Very decisive runner. His legs do look skinny, but he's got a good frame to add some weight over the next few years to help him take some hits.

Obviously there's no sure fire way to predict that he'll be successful, but I like his upside better than I do some of the other 4th round backs.

diabsoule
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Drake Nevis

I like Nevis too and think he would be an absolute terror as a 3-tech for the Colts

CheeseKnuckles
02-03-2011, 09:18 PM
3 Tulsa defensive players meet Dwayne Harris :D (http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/4816470_5360713)

haha love that clip! I have been talking to my buddy about Dwayne Harris, he says he doesn't see it. As a Packer fan I think he would be a great addition for us!

TimmG6376
02-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Can I ask you why you like Taiwan Jones? A lot of people do, but I just see a skinny running back who avoids contact, and looks faster because the players he's up against are slow. Are you still going to like him if he shows up at the combine 6'0" 185 and runs a 4.50? 'Cause frankly, he seems like a guy people like because they expect him to prove his speed, and I'm just not too sure about that. Couple that with his lack of size, and I just don't see what people are all excited about. It's like the recent success of Danny Woodhead has everyone thinking that the smalls schools are going to produce SOMEBODY who's good, and this year there's a large group of people who are utterly convinced it's Taiwan Jones.

Really doesn't have much to do with the school or level of competition for me, I just really like the way he runs. I think he looks much faster than 4.5 on tape and would expect him to run lower than that. I don't like him as a starter at the next level, but you really don't need to be as a RB in the NFL at this point to be able to make an impact. Put him in space and let him make people miss and he'll make some plays for you. Very good and making moves and making people miss. The thing I like the most about him though is that despite the obvious wiggle he really isn't much of a dancer. Very deceive runner. His legs do look skinny, but he's got a good frame to add some weight over the next few years to help him take some hits.

Obviously there's no sure fire way to predict that he'll be successful, but I like his upside better than I do some of the other 4th round backs.

Most places I've seen list him at 6-1 200. I could mention another guy that is about the same size and went a whole lot higher, but I don't want to be accused of comparing them. I guess we'll see. Also another site claims he competed in track against Jahvid Best. Best ran an official 4.35 at the combine.

Draft King
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
Allen Bailey, DE, Miami

the natural
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Kyle Rudolph, TE. He is better than Gresham and Gronkowski from last year's draft, and those two both made a huge impact as rookies.

Philliez01
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Ben Ijalana.....just because I went to high school with him and know him. I need to brag about this as much as possible before Draft Day.

GB12
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Justin Houston
Brandon Burton
Austin Pettis
KJ Wright
Cliff Matthews

bullg8rdaddy
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Aldon Smith
Akeem Ayers
J.J. Watt
Rahim Moore
Bruce Carter
Martez Wilson
Gabe Carimi
Ros I Dowling
DeMarco Murray
Ahmad Black
John Moffitt
Greg Romeus
James Brewer

...off the top of my head. ;)

Unbiased
02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Brandon Burton
Cliff Matthews

I'm right with you on these two.

Caulibflower
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
w

The thing I like the most about him though is that despite the obvious wiggle he really isn't much of a dancer. Very decisive runner.

This is what I don't see. He looks more like he weaves through traffic than makes sharp cuts. Could just be me.

SenorGato
02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Cameron Heyward - Best 3-4 DE prospect in a long time IMO. Very underrated right now.

Lawrence Guy/Jerell Powe - Have measurements, tape, learning disabilities.

Lawrence Marsh - Vince Oghobaase all over again...should have been a top prospect bu fell apart to injuries.

Kenrick Ellis - Monster and his hype is coming.

Juilo Jones - The Andre Johnson to Green's Rodgers (hopefully w/o the injuries and weed so the what could have been version).

Blaine Gabbert - Was until all this hype came...I was hoping he'd fall to the third for future payoff in my master plan for the Jets to destroy the NFL (he'd be Matt Schuab'd or he'd Wally Pip the Sanchez)...top 10 my balls...Chris Ponder is now the sleeper QB.

Akeem Ayers - I think he could play LB (mostly ILB) in a 3-4, but yeah...no one buys that yet possibly ever.

Christian Ballard - > Adrian Claybon.

Brooks Reed/Jabaarl Sheard - One of these guys will have a very good rookie season, and the other will have a very good sophomore season. Possibly they will go on to have very good careers.

Dwayne Harris - ECU WR.

Weslye Saunders/Robert Quinn/Bruce Carter/Marvin Austin - Haters gonna hate.

John Moffit/James Carpenter - Potentially very good LG prospects.

Etc.

SimonRath
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Jeff Maehl WR Oregon
John Clay RB Wisconsin
Dion Lewis RB Pitt
Jacquizz Rodgers RB Oregon State- this guy is frickin epic! like, picturing him in the NFL makes me so excited!
Sam Acho DE Texas
Tyron Smith OT USC

Milk Man
02-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Dion Lewis
Austin Pettis
Ahmad Black
Sione Fua

ellsy82
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Deunta Williams. Even with the injury, I think he'll have a dominant role in the NFL. He's a willing tackler with ball hawk skills that can play any role in a 4-3 or a FS in a 3-4. His talent warrents a first round draft status. Even top 20. But the injury will drop him.

K.J. Wright. Extremely athletic linebacker. I think he'd be perfect for a strongside inside linebacker in a 3-4. Willing to stop the run, has the athleticism to drop back and cover. Very instinctive. Probably 2nd to 3rd round pick. May even slip into the 4th considering how many underclassmen have declared.

We'll have to find out what comp picks are given out before we can really give then a proper round grade. Without that, its not worth even speculating where they'll be drafted. Especially not before the combine.

Mr.Regular
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Hmmm I'll narrow it down to one on each side of the ball.

Offense: Jacquizz Rodgers. He may be small, but he's built well. He has excellent lower body strength. Elusive in space, explosive, runs surprisingly hard up the middle. Really good speed. Is pretty good at catching the ball. Didn't have the best season, but he's being underrated big time IMO. I think he'll make an impact.

Defense: Drake Nevis. Stud. Every time I watched LSU, Nevis popped out on the screen more than any other player. Put him in as a penetrating UT, and he should dominate. Didn't get nearly the amount of press he deserved this season.

scottyboy
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Joe Lefeged.

NotRickJames
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Nathan Enderle, Kris Adams, Delone Carter are the biggest ones for me.

proshoota25
02-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Daniel Thomas, Muhammad Wilkerson, and Ben Ijalana

also.... I think Justin Trattou (spelling?) could find himself somewhere on an NFL roster.

MaybeDavis
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Christian Ballard
Ahmed Black
Leonard Hankerson
Von Miller
Brooks Reed
Ryan Kerrigan
Cam Jordan
Casey Matthews
Christian Ponder
Mikel LeShoure

descendency
02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Darren Evans

edit: can't believe I forgot Nate Irving. :X

3Man20
02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Nate Irving, just because you have to root for this guy. For some reason, I find myself really pulling for Jake Locker, too. I think it's because years ago, I drafted him in a mid-round Madden draft and he turned out to be freakin awesome for me...who knows, maybe the video game won't lie...

Sniper
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Off the top of my head...

Alabama WR Julio Jones
Alabama RB Mark Ingram
LSU CB Patrick Peterson
Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan
Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt
USC OT Tyron Smith
Texas CB Aaron Williams
Iowa S Tyler Sash
Illinois RB Mikel LeShoure
Ohio State WR Dane Sanzenbacher

Babylon
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Jake Locker, because you dont forget how to play football in one year.

Mason Foster, homer alert but he is a great player and person.

Mark Herzlich, best human interest story in like forever.

Ryan Kerrigan, love what he brings to the table.

A.J. Green, what's not to like.

Smooth Criminal
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Dane Sanzenbacher. He's going to make an NFL team very happy.

thebow305
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Kendall Hunter, Patrick Peterson, Robert Sands, Quizz Rodgers, MARTEZ WILSON, DeAndre Brown, Mark Ingram, Tyron Smith, Jon Baldwin, Allen Bailey and Leonard Hankerson.

I think these players will all be very solid, if not spectacular in the NFL.

Caulibflower
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Most places I've seen list him at 6-1 200. I could mention another guy that is about the same size and went a whole lot higher, but I don't want to be accused of comparing them.

You mean that guy who plays for the Saints and isn't very good?

thegreatone
02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
He sounds interesting.

Can someone give me a pros/con or scouting report on him?

Babylon
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Mike Mohamed from Cal.

Interesting choice. I always liked this guy but he never gets much pub. See where he got a combine invite so he may be able to see his stock rise, could be a sleeper.

DoughBoy
02-04-2011, 02:08 PM
He sounds interesting.

Can someone give me a pros/con or scouting report on him?

Pros- Athletic, Good speed (probably will run in the 4.4 range), Decent height, amazing after the catch, outstanding body control, explosive leaper.

Cons- Disappeared at times (most of us Vols fans attribute this to shaky QB play throughout his career), some concentration issues and could probably stand to put on a little bulk (tiny frame).

Brent
02-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Interesting choice. I always liked this guy but he never gets much pub. See where he got a combine invite so he may be able to see his stock rise, could be a sleeper.
On the field, there are a lot of those Cal LBs to like over the past few years.

TACKLE
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM

I'm beginning to think he might be the most slept on prospect in this draft.

DoughBoy
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm beginning to think he might be the most slept on prospect in this draft.

I love you.

MI_Buckeye
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Ben Ijalana

I know the comparisons are going to be made to Vlad DuCasse, because they both played in the CAA, but I think that is a very disingenuous parallel. To me, Ijalana is a left tackle at the next level. He has great feet, uses his hands VERY well, and although he is only 6'4", he has very long arms. I have seen him play against some of Nova's toughest competition (Montana, App St., Richmond) and he is like Orlando Pace at that level. Definiitely better than Solder and Castonzo IMO and maybe the best left tackle prospect in the draft.

Phil Taylor

I know he is rising rapidly, but I think he has to be in the first round, barring background checks revealing him as an axe murderer or something. Dominated the Senior Bowl and is better in every way than Dan Williams a year ago.

Austin Pettis

Smart, tough, versatile with an NFL body and remarkable body control. A more well-rounded prospect IMO than Titus Young and will make some WCO team very happy.

Chris Carter

I know he needs to put on a lot of weight, but he was simply too good a pass rusher at the college level not to find a way to be productive in the NFL. A potential 3-4 steal.

John Clay

Someone get him away from all the cheese, sausage and beer in Wisconsin, and you might have the beast that I thought was going to be a first round pick coming into the season.

Dane Sanzenbacher

Consumate overachiever. Knows the game as well as any receiver and never drops a ball thrown his way. This guy just screams "the next Mike Furrey" or dare I say, Wes Welker.

descendency
02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Here are my top 4 CBs after watching some more games on ESPN3 (feel free to call me crazy):

1. Jimmy Smith
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Brandon Harris
4. Prince Amukamara

thegreatone
02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Pros- Athletic, Good speed (probably will run in the 4.4 range), Decent height, amazing after the catch, outstanding body control, explosive leaper.

Cons- Disappeared at times (most of us Vols fans attribute this to shaky QB play throughout his career), some concentration issues and could probably stand to put on a little bulk (tiny frame).
Any NFL player he compares to? And how is his route running?

gpngc
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Ben Ijalana

I know the comparisons are going to be made to Vlad DuCasse, because they both played in the CAA, but I think that is a very disingenuous parallel. To me, Ijalana is a left tackle at the next level. He has great feet, uses his hands VERY well, and although he is only 6'4", he has very long arms. I have seen him play against some of Nova's toughest competition (Montana, App St., Richmond) and he is like Orlando Pace at that level. Definiitely better than Solder and Castonzo IMO and maybe the best left tackle prospect in the draft.

^I suspect the scouts like him more than the draftniks...

My guy is CS3.

He could potentially be the next P.K. Sam. I'm shooting for the stars.

OSUGiants17
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Titus Young gives me a hard-on

And of course Danezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sanzenbacherzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Caulibflower
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Here are my top 4 CBs after watching some more games on ESPN3 (feel free to call me crazy):

1. Jimmy Smith
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Brandon Harris
4. Prince Amukamara

According to his prospect profile on CBSsports, Jimmy Smith has "allowed just 11 completions in the last two years."

that's nuts. He doesn't look good in run support, though. Get washed out by anyone who locks onto him, seems like.

brasho
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I never would have really thought about having a "pet prospect" but I guess I do have some.

QB Colin Kaepernick by default-who if nothing else will automatically assume the role of QB-Who's-Name-Is-Misspelled-Most-Frequently from Brett Favre (or Farve, depending on who is writing it).

TE Virgil Green-I must have a Nevada thing going here because I got another one coming up in a few. But this guy reminds me of K2, plays bigger than his size, runs well, and has those big ole' mitts for hands. He should be a good #2 TE for somebody down the road in a Jacob Tamme type role.

DE Ryan Kerrigan, DE Aldon Smith, DE Cameron Jordan, I pretty much have a ton of pet DEs considering how badly my team needs one... or two.

LB Nate Irving-if he's 100% healthy he could be a really good one.

LB Dontay Moch, the guy can fly, he plays bigger than he is, and at the very least he will be a special teams monster. He turns the corner, jacks guards into the backfield, he bullrushed Constanzo like a 295 5-tech (but after watching the North OTs at the Senior Bowl, that doesn't seem so impressive now).

LB Eric Gordon-almost as produtive as Greg Jones-but without the hype or the clippings.... But he was the only Spartan in the bowl game to actually make plays in the backfield (shoots gaps) or take on blocks and ball carriers head on. He also actually had pass drops in coverage while Jones stood at the LOS like a stiff.

S Ahmad Black-I'm thinking Bob Sanders without the elite speed, which is fine, as long as he runs fast enough to make the play and just slow enough to not destroy his body.

S Ras-I Dowling-only as a S.... I'm a big UVa fan (I would have said "huge" but I didn't want anybody to think I'm depressed) and I just don't have ANY love for Dowling at CB. Teams threw at him without fear throughout his career, perhaps they didn't read his press clippings... and he didn't make them pay. He can run, hit,and play the ball however, and I think a move to S is in his and his next team's best interest.

S/LB Dom DeCicco-his position is S, his position in the NFL if he wants to play is LB... he MIGHT move well enough to make up for his size shortcomings.

OSUGiants17
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
uPM5ttLp_Qg
<3

OaklandRaider56
02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Sterling Moore, #2, CB, SMU. No one seems to know who he is. I noticed him making plays in man and zone coverage, looking quick, fluid, reacting fast. He's got good size (5-11, 200), no idea about the forty time, he missed time with a knee injury this past year.

GoRavens
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
My top 5 favorite prospects.
$
5) Shaun Draughn
http://www.dailytarheel.com/media/00/00/00/24/2452_footballsideBJDwoark_big.jpg
4) Von Miller
http://draftboardinsider.com/images/2011/Miller_Von.jpg
3) Mark Herzlich
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2010/0903/dm_100904_ncf_weberst_bc_2.jpg
2) Kyle Rudolph
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/276091031003_Washington_State_v_Notre_Dame-420x326.jpg
1) Jordan Todman
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Connecticut+v+Cincinnati+QwCwHIqpYSHl.jpg

george_allen
02-05-2011, 11:32 PM
mark lagree s (what? it's not like no one has ever come out of appalachian state before, dexter coakley- thanks to my fellow rams fan jackpmiller for pointing out this "diamond in the rough" as rob rang has referred to him more than once)

dontay moch olb (don't know why but i took a liking to nevada early in the season and this guy jumped off the screen on me. don't know if he really runs a 4.2 as i've been assured on the tv and internet but i've really enjoyed watching him this year and think he will do very well as a 4-3 olb after a year or 2 in a system with the right coaching)

kendrick ellis dt (the name rings right. hopefully he's put down the pipe. someone on this board pointed him out for me, don't remember who but thank you. collapse the pocket, shoot the gap, the young man could be a monster with the right support)

delone carter rb (guy goes off. love his height-weight-speed. bowling ball. block, we all need that from an rb. catch, we like that too.)

i like the fringe guys, what can i say . . .

jayceheathman
02-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Davon House because I go to NMSU and have been to just about every single one of the home games since he has been a freshman.

Caulibflower
02-05-2011, 11:49 PM
For supposedly being able to run a 4.2, Dontay Moch is awfully sluggish off the snap. And doesn't try very hard to run players down once the play gets past him. He's going to get picked by the Raiders in the second round and sit on the bench for three years before finally getting released.

Although he did break up a deep pass intended for Austin Pettis in the Boise game, if I remember correctly. Maybe he should just play cornerback.

DBNYDP
02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Kelvin Shepperd LSU LB
Mason Foster Washington LB
Ahmad Black Florida S
Davon House New Mexico State CB
Johnny Patrick Louisville CB

DcmRulz
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Ryan Mallett (i love him. top 5 talent, and i think he has a rivers-like mentality.)

Dane Sanzenbacher--Consistent, one of those guys that may not have much potential, but great work ethic

Titus Young--Good athlete. Clutch, lot of potential.

Jay Finley--Good average YPC against some solid Defenses, like A&M and TCU

Babylon
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Ryan Mallett (i love him. top 5 talent, and i think he has a rivers-like mentality.)

Dane Sanzenbacher--Consistent, one of those guys that may not have much potential, but great work ethic

Titus Young--Good athlete. Clutch, lot of potential.

Jay Finley--Good average YPC against some solid Defenses, like A&M and TCU

A big fan of Ryan Mallett on the field, hope he doesnt turn out to be Ryan Leaf.

Not as big a fan of Titus Young as most in here, would rather his teammate Austin Pettis.

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
First Round
Julio Jones- If I'm the Bengals, I grab him at 4.
Cam Heyward- Most see him as a late first rounder. A team like Dallas or Washington might take him top-ten.

Second Round
DeMarco Murray- If not for injury concerns, I think he would be the top runningback available.

Third Round
Andy Dalton and Christian Ponder- One of these two guys will be picked by the Jaguars, maybe even in the second round.

Fourth Round
Jah Reid- Maybe it's because I watch a bunch of UCF games, but I really like what I see from him.

Fifth Round
Dane Sanzenbacher- He isn't flashy, he isn't big, but he will have a long, productive career in the NFL.

brasho
02-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Davon House because I go to NMSU and have been to just about every single one of the home games since he has been a freshman.

I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Las Cruces for nearly 6 months and my wife was raised there (along with her entire family still living there). That is one program that just seems hopeless.

I actually applied for a position with the NMSU coaching staff back in 2002 or so... when that former OL coach from Nebraska was there, I can't remember his name. I didn't even get a call back, that was probably a blessing.

Matthew Jones
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Outside of guys I'm projecting in the top two rounds, a few guys who have caught my eye recently:

QB Greg McElroy, Alabama
RB Delone Carter, Syracuse
WR Cecil Shorts, Mount Union
TE D.J. Williams, Arkansas
OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
OG Orlando Franklin, Miami (FL)
C Tim Barnes, Missouri
DE Sam Acho, Texas
DT Terrell McClain, South Florida
LB Scott Lutrus, Connecticut
CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
SS Shiloh Keo, Idaho

wogitalia
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I guess I'd have to say it is Gabe Carimi, I seem to be a fair bit higher on him than most and would absolutely love him on the Vikings. That said I'd take just about anything over McKinnie at this point.

I'm also a big fan of the artist formerly known as Prince!

Hines
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
-Jon Baldwin
-Nate Irving
-Jimmy Smith
-Brandon Harris
-Mike Pouncey
-Gabe Carimi
-Marcus Cannon

In no order.

thenewfeature06
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
-Jon Baldwin
-Nate Irving
-Jimmy Smith
-Brandon Harris
-Mike Pouncey
-Gabe Carimi
-Marcus Cannon

In no order.

I like that order Hines, I saw alot of Harris and Irving and I love Carimi. Only guy who gets a little too much hype to me is Pouncey but he will be ok.

Evan Royster I think will be a decent steal in the draft.

niel89
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Owen Marecic, FB Stanford.

I only wish that fullbacks were more valuable because teams would be all over this guy. Tough, smart, and is a overall good human. He is never going to have off the field issues, he is going to be able to handle any info you throw at him, and he will will hit you in the mouth.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/Marecic.jpg

Caulibflower
02-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Outside of guys I'm projecting in the top two rounds, a few guys who have caught my eye recently:

QB Greg McElroy, Alabama
RB Delone Carter, Syracuse
WR Cecil Shorts, Mount Union
TE D.J. Williams, Arkansas
OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
OG Orlando Franklin, Miami (FL)
C Tim Barnes, Missouri
DE Sam Acho, Texas
DT Terrell McClain, South Florida
LB Scott Lutrus, Connecticut
CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
SS Shiloh Keo, Idaho

I think Sam Acho could be creeping up into territory pretty close to the second round. He's been rising steadily for awhile now.

A Perfect Score
02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm partial to Jimmy Smith, Cam Jordan, Mark Herzlich and Stephen Paea myself.

JaxJag_1
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Andy Dalton, who I truly believe is by far the best Quarterback in this draft.