PDA

View Full Version : Falcons put in a nice draft position

Vickissick07
03-21-2007, 08:13 PM
We now have a ton of picks to play with to move either up or down in the draft. I think the only reason we traded spots with Houston was to get more value in a trade down. It only makes sense the way picks are being stock piled. We will end up with the following picks in the draft.

Round 1 #8
Round 2 #8
Round 2 #11-12 (can't remember)
Round 3 #10
Round 3 (Comp pick for Schaffer
Round 4
Round 4 (acquired from Den in the Abe trade)
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7 (possible comp pick for Mccadem)

Say we trade down with NE for the 24th pick. We could then pick up and extra 2nd and possibly 3rd. Imagine having the 24th overall, three 2nd rounders, three 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders. Draft day will be fun for Falcon fans. This is speculation on some of this of course. Feel free to flame away.

iloxygenil
03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't be too happy with that. I don't want to move that far down.

etk
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
There is no reason for the trade up with Houston, it was just done to make the trade even more valuable for the Falcons, and the Texans agreed. It probably will not have any implication as far as additional trades or players (it was only 2 spots).

Vickissick07
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't be too happy with that. I don't want to move that far down.

To me, it would depend on if any of the top DE's or Joe Thomas fell. I think #8 for Landry is a stretch. I would rather trade down to 24, take Chris Houston and draft a safety near as good as Landry (Griffin, Merriweather) in the early 2nd. That would shore up the secondary for a while. Trading down that far would almost definently get us an extra 2nd and 3rd too. Mckay seems to do much more damage in the 2-3rd rounds than he does in the first. It might not be a bad thing.

MP123
03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
5 day one picks is fabulous.

Vickissick07
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
5 day one picks is fabulous.

In a trade down, that could become 6-7 day 1 picks. How exciting that would be. The Falcons problem is a lack of depth at key positions and poor receiver/secondary play. A trade down just seems to make more sense to me knowing Mckay's recent draft history in the 1st round.

Shiver
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't want to trade down. At #8, the odds are the team adds an immediate impact player, at a position of need.

Vickissick07
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't want to trade down. At #8, the odds are the team adds an immediate impact player, at a position of need.

Every pick is a chance you take though. I just think we need to build up depth seeing as how every season we have 3-4 key injuries that just destroy our season. None of the top teams in the NFL have had a top pick in the draft for a while now and they seem to do alright just building on the depth they already have. We don't need to many impact type players. I do agree that we probably need one though. We need a commander of the defense.

georgiafan
03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
how about a trade with bills at 12 i think. The bills would trade up to get AD.

iloxygenil
03-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't think there is any reason to trade down, unless there are about 5 players we have targeted that we could use as a day 1 starter. When we pick that high we have to pick a guy who is going to start from day 1 just like Deangelo did.

JDB7821
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think there is any reason to trade down, unless there are about 5 players we have targeted that we could use as a day 1 starter. When we pick that high we have to pick a guy who is going to start from day 1 just like Deangelo did.

There are three players that fit that description: LaRon Landry, Jamaal Anderson, and Levi Brown. All three will be immediate starters at a position of need and all three could possibly be there at 8.

mahnee
03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm all for trading down. The move up two spots gets us much excellent value for trading down. Safety's a glaring need and I don't think there's a huge trade-off from Landry to Nelson, and Nelson should be available around the 13 or 14th pick. A move down to 24th is a bit of a stretch though. The only problem with a possibility of 4 or 5 day 1 picks is our salary cap figure. I don't think we could sign that many, but I'd love to see where our '07 cap is at. This also leads to our problems with depth. We have $100 mil invested in erratic QB that can't even make the Pro Bowl, so how are we supposed to have depth at other skill positions. I don't think there's a single athlete in any league in any sport that's the highest paid in their respective league (or one of the top 2), and doesn't make their own All-star game. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!! Therefore, our only way to build depth is through the draft but our QB has the golden handcuffs on the organization. I remain hopeful though, and we'll see what pans out, but April 28th will be a much deserved, exciting day for our franchise.

DraftMichaelHuff
03-22-2007, 02:52 AM
If we pick levi brown at #8 im gonna be PISSED, to me the value goes

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Jamal Anderson
3. Trade to #13-15 get Reggie Nelson/Carricker/Brown (only if the value substantiates a move down from #8 not #10 so they give noticably more than if we traded down from #10)

I think brown may suffer like Winston Justice come draft day, either that or wait till the pros and then dissapoint he is not #8 material IMO #15-20 more like

in reply to "mahnee's" comments on vick, i dissagree, everyone knows the probowl is a joke, Vick has made it in the past 2/3 years and this year was his best year statistically since 02, stats dont tell the whole story but they tell alot more than the probowl and vick, to me, while not fitting in the system, had a very stong year this past year, the only reason he wasnt in the probowl was due to ESPN's love affair with Tony Romo

D-Rod
03-22-2007, 05:09 AM
There is no reason for the trade up with Houston, it was just done to make the trade even more valuable for the Falcons, and the Texans agreed. It probably will not have any implication as far as additional trades or players (it was only 2 spots).

Nonsense. Fins and Texans are both looking at DB and OT, just like us. As Scott mentions, if we do want Levi Brown, we can get now him. Might also give us Branch if we want him, or Okoye. Fins/Texans/Falcons needs are actually quite similar.

D-Rod
03-22-2007, 05:11 AM
There are three players that fit that description: LaRon Landry, Jamaal Anderson, and Levi Brown. All three will be immediate starters at a position of need and all three could possibly be there at 8.

Indeed. At 8, we can be certain that one will be there - or a better player will fall. At 10, we couldn't.

D-Rod
03-22-2007, 05:13 AM
how about a trade with bills at 12 i think. The bills would trade up to get AD.

Very possible - but if AD is there, i'd be tempted to take him.

UNLESS the Bills offered us their 2nd to move up. Holy crap. #12 in the 1st, then #8, 10 and 12 in the 2nd. #11 in the 3rd. And three picks in the 4th. That would be AMAZING.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Something I haven't heard much about...I hear a lot of talk of trading for the #2 pick...but what about #4...get to 4 from 8 isn't that big of a step. If Calvin is still on the board and we don't want to see him playing in Tampa...we could make that move. It also wouldn't cost us all of our day 1 picks...

It would actually only cost us one of our 2nd round picks to make that move up, AND then we'd prolly get something else back as well. As far as the value chart indicates...giving up OUR 2nd rounder (the lower of the 2) would still leave us with 80 points of value over...so we'd likely get another pick in round 4 or a couple of later picks like 5 6 ish. So...lets think more about that, because the move to #2 is out of the question

Mr. Myogi
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I can see trading down as well to about that 12-15 range and get Reggie Nelson.........I believe he will still be there......I always felt that he was the better pick at Free Safety than Landry, anywho....... That way we can probably add another high second and probably another 4th, which gives us 4 4th rd picks........that will give us ammo to add another 3rd.

Picture this:
1 Reggie Nelson FS
2 Justin Blalock OG
2 Aaron Sears OT
2 Tony Hunt RB
3 Quentin Moses DE
3 Alama-Francis DE/DT
3 Buster Davis ILB

And even 2nd day players with 1st day potential like Rhema Mcknight, Kenny Scott, and Travarius Bain can slip into that last 3rd rd. spot.

D-Rod
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Something I haven't heard much about...I hear a lot of talk of trading for the #2 pick...but what about #4...get to 4 from 8 isn't that big of a step. If Calvin is still on the board and we don't want to see him playing in Tampa...we could make that move. It also wouldn't cost us all of our day 1 picks...

It would actually only cost us one of our 2nd round picks to make that move up, AND then we'd prolly get something else back as well. As far as the value chart indicates...giving up OUR 2nd rounder (the lower of the 2) would still leave us with 80 points of value over...so we'd likely get another pick in round 4 or a couple of later picks like 5 6 ish. So...lets think more about that, because the move to #2 is out of the question

Oxy, you're forgetting that Tampa would have to agree to trade with us! Not a chance. If we want to get ahead of Tampa, we have to trade to #3. That is still possible. I explained one scenario in the CJ thread... #8, #39, and 2nd next year. Not ideal, but still leaves us plenty of picks this year, including 3 in the 1st day.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM

You don't really think that Tampa would trade with us so we could take CJ do you? I see this one of two ways. Trade up for CJ or trade down (possibly with NE) for depth. Our #8 pick is the exact value of both of NE's 1sts. Think about this draft

R1 #24 Chris Houston
R1 #28 Michael Griffin (Merriweather)
R2 #39 Blaylock
R2 #44 Charles Johnson
R3 Tony Hunt
R3 Manuel Ramirez

Do the rest of the draft yourself. Through the first three rounds we could fill almost every hole we have, then use the rest of the draft for depth.

Mr. Myogi
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Oxy, you're forgetting that Tampa would have to agree to trade with us! Not a chance. If we want to get ahead of Tampa, we have to trade to #3. That is still possible. I explained one scenario in the CJ thread... #8, #39, and 2nd next year. Not ideal, but still leaves us plenty of picks this year, including 3 in the 1st day.

How about the #8, #44, and the Falcons 2008 3rd.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Sears is probley going to play OG in the NFL though

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think Tampa is going to care that much as long as they get a good trade, they like Okoye a lot...

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't think Tampa is going to care that much as long as they get a good trade, they like Okoye a lot...

I don't think CJ falls to 4 though. Who's to say that other teams aren't looking to trade up too? I think it will take going higher than 4 if we want him.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know, we'll see, if he's there at 4 I expect him to be playing in Tampa and torching us for a few years.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't know, we'll see, if he's there at 4 I expect him to be playing in Tampa and torching us for a few years.

Not if we trade down with NE and take Chris Houston :) Remember, he shut down Meachem, Jarrett, and Bowe all last season. We desperately need to shore up that secondary though.

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I'll agree on the importance of shoring up the secondary, but I would rather see the team take Darrell Revis over Houston. For all of his impressive workout numbers and his coverage skills, Houston is a liability against the run. Revis is a big hitter and a very good cover guy. I've actually got Revis as my top CB in the draft now that he has actually worked out and showed good numbers.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll agree on the importance of shoring up the secondary, but I would rather see the team take Darrell Revis over Houston. For all of his impressive workout numbers and his coverage skills, Houston is a liability against the run. Revis is a big hitter and a very good cover guy. I've actually got Revis as my top CB in the draft now that he has actually worked out and showed good numbers.

I would be happy with Revis, Houston or Ross. I tend to shy away from players that play at smaller schools though just because I don't get to watch anything on them. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a better selection though. I can almost guarentee that we will take a CB somewhere in the first 2 rounds though.

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh lord, I hope you're right. If Jason Webster & Allen Rossum are still part of the secondary depth chart this year then somebody's head needs to be on a platter.

The only players I see as worth a #8 pick (and who would conceivably be available) are Landry, Anderson & Okoye. No CB's this year are worth a top 10 pick, IMHO. If you're not going to take one of them at #8 then trade down, ideally with NE for their two picks and take a DB and DE with those picks (say Revis & Spencer) and use the second round to take Griffin at SS (if available) and move JW to FS. Now your secondary is set for the next 4 or 5 yrs plus you've filled a hole at DE. Use the lower picks on OL & DL.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Revis is my top choice simply because of his return ability as well. If we could land Griffin and Revis I think it would be a major success.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
just thinking of the options we have now is getting me excited. I am like the schaub trade more ever minute.

machoking6
03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm not a Falcons fan so I don't read much on the message boards, nor did I read much on this particular thread. As fans, what do you think the Falcons have in mind now at #8? My first thought was Levi Brown since Petrino wants to change the makeup of the offensive line to a more powerful front. Then I thought of how Petrino wants to have a very nice running attack, so could Adrien Peterson be a possibility? My first instinct is no because they have Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood. Dunn is old though, so is there speculation or belief that the Falcons would cut him? And what about Leon Hall? Would they draft a CB and put Jimmy Williams at S to kill two birds with one stone? They definitely have options which is good, let's just hope they don't blow them.

honest_abe
03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
i think the falcons need to trade down as well. move that 8th pick for a middle first and a 2nd rounder. giving us possibly 4 draft picks in the top 44 slots.

i agree with everyone that there really isn't much of a dropoff from landry and nelson. i actually prefer nelson. he seems like much more of a playmaker to me. too many people get caught up in the #'s game. landry showed off some of his remarkable physical attributes in the combine but scouts and player personnel evaluators put too much stock in how fast one runs the 40, vertical leap, bench press. the bottom line should be can the guy play? guys like robert gallery come to mind. kid blew up the combine and leverage that into becoming the 2nd pick overall. we all know how that panned out.

falcons have issues at safety. sure. but using a top ten pick on a safety is stupid. here's a list of safeties that went in the top 10 in the past several years.

1. sean taylor #5 big hitter, sorry coverage skills. a hard to control, underachiever known for his stupid blow ups on and off the field.

2. michael huff #7 still has a large upside. didn't 'make much an impact in his rookie year.

3. donte whitner #8 prob the best surprise in terms of safeties that nobody had on their board who over acheived. solid rookie year but as you can see he's the exception to the norm.

4. roy williams #8 another big hitter with horrendous cover skills. the guy was a reach at 8. probably should have went in the middle of the 1st.

here's a list of safeties taken in the latter part of the first round.

1. troy polamalu #16 ... nuff said

2. ed reed #24 ... same thing. what else is there to say?

and a list of safeties that have gone in the 2nd.

eugene wilson, mike doss, ken hamlin, bob sanders, sean jones, roman harper

so basically i think you can get a safey that is just as good if not better in the latter part of the 1st as you can in the top half.

now if the falcons want to use that #8 pick on a corner or DE. then i'm all for it. but no real big names stick out. chris houston is solid and i like his attitude but he'll be around in the middle of the first. you dont' get much more from gaines adams as you would from charles johnson and the other "cj" is projected in the middle of hte first. you can also justify taking a beast of a middle linebacker in patrick willis if you move down. the birds need bodies. a lot of them.

by the way. how can you tie up all the money in dunn. remember he's back this year and we drafted norwood last year. only to draft adrian peterson with the 8th pick? are you crazy? he's a stud but he was injury prone in college (albeit freak accidents) and he's coming off an injury. we don't need to get ??? in this years drafts. we need solid contributors that can step in right away and make a difference.

as for vick. i was always one of his staunchest supporters. but mahnee has a point. the guy has fallen off the map. all i ever hear is bout he comes late to games. parties late into the night on SATURDAY night. now these rumors might be false but that fact that they exist pose a problem to me and makes me question his dedication to the team. the pro-bowl is a joke but any person is any league that gets paid in the top 3% gets named to their respective all star game based on respect alone. why not vick? you tell me. the guys has been erradict and hasnt' progressed as a qb. people use the stupid can't audible excuse. steve young said he audibled maybe 3 times in his career and boy he sure did have a nice career.

excuses are for dummies.. vick isn't a newbie anymore it's tiem for him to step up and start earning that ungodly contract.

TNewFan41
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
That could be a bad thing though. First, all of those high picks would take a lot of money to sign, and second, you will probably have to cut a few because there are too many.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 12:25 PM
i think the falcons need to trade down as well. move that 8th pick for a middle first and a 2nd rounder. giving us possibly 4 draft picks in the top 44 slots.

i agree with everyone that there really isn't much of a dropoff from landry and nelson. i actually prefer nelson. he seems like much more of a playmaker to me. too many people get caught up in the #'s game. landry showed off some of his remarkable physical attributes in the combine but scouts and player personnel evaluators put too much stock in how fast one runs the 40, vertical leap, bench press. the bottom line should be can the guy play? guys like robert gallery come to mind. kid blew up the combine and leverage that into becoming the 2nd pick overall. we all know how that panned out.

falcons have issues at safety. sure. but using a top ten pick on a safety is stupid. here's a list of safeties that went in the top 10 in the past several years.

1. sean taylor #5 big hitter, sorry coverage skills. a hard to control, underachiever known for his stupid blow ups on and off the field.

2. michael huff #7 still has a large upside. didn't 'make much an impact in his rookie year.

3. donte whitner #8 prob the best surprise in terms of safeties that nobody had on their board who over acheived. solid rookie year but as you can see he's the exception to the norm.

4. roy williams #8 another big hitter with horrendous cover skills. the guy was a reach at 8. probably should have went in the middle of the 1st.

here's a list of safeties taken in the latter part of the first round.

1. troy polamalu #16 ... nuff said

2. ed reed #24 ... same thing. what else is there to say?

and a list of safeties that have gone in the 2nd.

eugene wilson, mike doss, ken hamlin, bob sanders, sean jones, roman harper

so basically i think you can get a safey that is just as good if not better in the latter part of the 1st as you can in the top half.

now if the falcons want to use that #8 pick on a corner or DE. then i'm all for it. but no real big names stick out. chris houston is solid and i like his attitude but he'll be around in the middle of the first. you dont' get much more from gaines adams as you would from charles johnson and the other "cj" is projected in the middle of hte first. you can also justify taking a beast of a middle linebacker in patrick willis if you move down. the birds need bodies. a lot of them.

by the way. how can you tie up all the money in dunn. remember he's back this year and we drafted norwood last year. only to draft adrian peterson with the 8th pick? are you crazy? he's a stud but he was injury prone in college (albeit freak accidents) and he's coming off an injury. we don't need to get ??? in this years drafts. we need solid contributors that can step in right away and make a difference.

as for vick. i was always one of his staunchest supporters. but mahnee has a point. the guy has fallen off the map. all i ever hear is bout he comes late to games. parties late into the night on SATURDAY night. now these rumors might be false but that fact that they exist pose a problem to me and makes me question his dedication to the team. the pro-bowl is a joke but any person is any league that gets paid in the top 3% gets named to their respective all star game based on respect alone. why not vick? you tell me. the guys has been erradict and hasnt' progressed as a qb. people use the stupid can't audible excuse. steve young said he audibled maybe 3 times in his career and boy he sure did have a nice career.

excuses are for dummies.. vick isn't a newbie anymore it's tiem for him to step up and start earning that ungodly contract.

Yea, because Tom Brady was representing the AFC in the pro bowl right? Another dumb attempt to take a shot at Vick.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
We have 3 picks in the top 50...we're sitting VERY pretty...I mean 3 of the 50 best players coming into the league this year...I'll take that. We don't need to really move...if we want to move down...that's fine...but I really think Landry if he is there will keep us locked in at 8.

mahnee
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Yea, because Tom Brady was representing the AFC in the pro bowl right? Another dumb attempt to take a shot at Vick.

Please...Brady was actually a snub and we're dealing with the AFC. Compare apples to apples when you bring up a point. The top 5 AFC QB's could replace any of the NFC representatives at the Pro Bowl at QB and no one would complain. Vick was never in brought into consideration.

I admire your pride/love for Vick no matter how blind it is. However, I'm sick of making excuses for him and there's also going to be another year of grace period b/c of the new system. Have you ever met him before? He's an absolute idiot and I'm sure that's pretty apparent by his scintillating interviews. I just hope that we can get consistent production out of that position this year with our light schedule. The production needs justify the cost invested. I believe we'll now face Schaub at home right? Should be interesting and we'll find out real soon who got the better end of the deal.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Please...Brady was actually a snub and we're dealing with the AFC. Compare apples to apples when you bring up a point. The top 5 AFC QB's could replace any of the NFC representatives at the Pro Bowl at QB and no one would complain. Vick was never in brought into consideration.

I admire your pride/love for Vick no matter how blind it is. However, I'm sick of making excuses for him and there's also going to be another year of grace period b/c of the new system. Have you ever met him before? He's an absolute idiot and I'm sure that's pretty apparent by his scintillating interviews. I just hope that we can get consistent production out of that position this year with our light schedule. The production needs justify the cost invested. I believe we'll now face Schaub at home right? Should be interesting and we'll find out real soon who got the better end of the deal.

You talking about Vick not being smart doesn't make you look any smarter. Looks like he was smart enough to know that he better play football for a living instead of getting a real job.

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Flipping off the fans after you've played one of your worst games ever is not exactly MENSA material.

Regardless, Vick is obviously far from the best player in the league, which is what he's being paid as. All he (and the staff) has ever offered the fans is excuses. Those have to end now.

If Vick were truly a team player he would offer to renegotiate his contract terms to free up more $$ for free agents and high (top 10) draft picks but he knows as well as anybody that the second he does that he'll be out of Atlanta before the ink dries.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Flipping off the fans after you've played one of your worst games ever is not exactly MENSA material.

Regardless, Vick is obviously far from the best player in the league, which is what he's being paid as. All he (and the staff) has ever offered the fans is excuses. Those have to end now.

If Vick were truly a team player he would offer to renegotiate his contract terms to free up more $$ for free agents and high (top 10) draft picks but he knows as well as anybody that the second he does that he'll be out of Atlanta before the ink dries.

You do realize that all restructuring does is guarentee Vick more money right? Why would he turn it down? It would just screw the team in the future.

mahnee
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
You talking about Vick not being smart doesn't make you look any smarter. Looks like he was smart enough to know that he better play football for a living instead of getting a real job.

WOW what a great comeback

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Restructuring is used to reduce the cap number by spreading out the guaranteed money over a longer period of time. The net result is that instead of taking a 16 mil cap hit this year (with 13 mil in dead money) it would reduce the dead money amount to something more manageable (say 4 or 5 mil in dead money). This would make cutting or trading him more palatable.

SimonRath
03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
As mucha s i love Landry.. I'm starting to lean toward getting Griffin in the 2nd round if he's there and getting someone like Peterson in the 1st round

1-Peterson
2-Griffin
2-Blalock

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
My ideal right now is

1 - Brown
2 - Meriweather
2 - Chrales Johnson

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Peterson scares the hell out of me. He is extremely talented but he's got the biggest downside (durability) of anyone in this draft. Too risky for a top 10 pick, IMHO. Unfortunately, if the Falcons don't take him at #8 somebody else in the top 10 will take him. I say let someone else take that risk. We too much dead weight (and dollars) tied up now.

Leave the offense alone (except for OL) and concentrate on defense. A great defense can cover up a multitude of sins on offense. Things don't work so well the other way around. Besides, we already have the best running game in the league; we need to make the passing game better first.

SimonRath
03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Personally I do not think that Brown is worth the #8 pick

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Me neither SR. Brown benefits entirely from the lack of 1st rd talent at OT this year.

Also, I wouldn't waste a high pick on anybody from Penn St. Take a look at the number of flops that have come out of there in the last 10 yrs or so.

Mr. Myogi
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I say trade out of that slot and gain another 2nd with Buffalo or another AFC team..... We can still nab Nelson @ 12......that would give the Falcons 3 early 2nd rd picks.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure about trading down...I don't want to trade down far at all. But we'll see...it will be interesting to see what happens from this point on and what we feel like we can address, I don't see any more pre draft moves.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Which of the teams above us will need to be watching close on draft day? example if clevand passes on Peterson that will really help us out.

honest_abe
03-22-2007, 03:31 PM
vickissick: i guess that does classify him as a genius. mike vick found he runs real fast and throws real far. hmmmmm i guess deciding between being a pro football player or a cook at mcdonalds. big big decision there. yes he's genius.

lets be clear as much as i have gotten sick of vick. i still root for him to do well.. i'm a falcons fan first and foremost and he's the starting qb. so if he comes out and blows everyone away. go vick!

but he's short, makes stupid decisions and can't throw a touch pass or hit the broad side of a barn.

honest_abe
03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
oh yes i forgot to say GOOOOOOOO DAWGS!

D-Rod
03-23-2007, 04:54 AM
hooray. the afmb vick threads have followed us here.